Map Reset

Options
ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Is there any projected date for a map reset as this season is pretty much done?
Post edited by ArchAngeLi - Harshlands on

Comments

• avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    take them time it is supposed to be reset, then add 2 months to it, thats usually when PWE gets around to actually doing it.

With that being said, TW rewards from last season still havent been handed out. So....ya. Seems like TW things arent on their priority list.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    Options
    From a similar thread a few weeks ago.....
    Map was reset on 9 December, 2014. This would put 6 months at 9 May, 2015; which is in a little over a week from now.
    Typically, even when it's fully planned, reset will occur at the earliest, three weeks after the 6-month date, which puts it at around 27 May, 2015. Again, that's the earliest you could expect it.

FACTS

Considering we don't currently have a CM, and PWE just plain sucks, don't hold your breath for a reset any time soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So technically the map should reset tomorrow if PWI didn't fail at everything. Since they tend to, not holding my breath. But it'd be nice.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Merge servers, reset map.

k thx.
    Here we go again....
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    TW Map is supposed to be reset already.
    Lets all collectively try to message GMs about the issue and see what can be done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    edited May 2015
    Options
    TW Map is supposed to be reset already.
    Lets all collectively try to message GMs about the issue and see what can be done

well i submitted a ticket and they said to post on forums for CM's to see.

... <--- is my reply.
    Here we go again....
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

... <--- is my reply.

Should go to the EU forums and contact their CM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    Options

... <--- is my reply.

You should reply to the ticket saying "Well I would try that, but PWI doesn't have a CM. Our only resort is to open a ticket and pray that someone actually does their job on your end."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was told by support staff via my ticket to post here.

TW map reset is about due.

When can we expect us to have our map reset?

edit: well now that my post was merged, this kind of looks idiotic doesn't it.
    Here we go again....
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was told by support staff via my ticket to post here.

TW map reset is about due.

When can we expect us to have our map reset?
    Support shouldn't have told you that because this isn't the place for it and it's their job to be able to answer this one.

To answer your question, we really don't know. If they stuck to schedule, it would have been reset with last Maint. However with their general lateness and neglect for this game, it could be anywhere between next week and next year. The fact that the TW rewards for last season haven't all been sent out yet isn't exactly the greatest boost for this either.

Just gonna merge this with the thread in General right now instead of closing it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • paralleogram
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Support shouldn't have told you that because this isn't the place for it and it's their job to be able to answer this one.

To answer your question, we really don't know. If they stuck to schedule, it would have been reset with last Maint. However with their general lateness and neglect for this game, it could be anywhere between next week and next year. The fact that the TW rewards for last season haven't all been sent out yet isn't exactly the greatest boost for this either.

Just gonna merge this with the thread in General right now instead of closing it.

Support:
    -Their usual copy/paste to send everyone to QC-

so typical PWI.. getting the run around from everyone.

a MOD telling me "we don't know" doesn't nudge the powers that be to be reminded it's time. so lets just spin our wheels and chat amongst ourselves hoping someone in charge can see this.
    Here we go again....
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was thinking of setting up a Community TW Server Program.

This means it would be down to the Community to track TW Season Winners. If and I say IF PWE decide to reset the map bonus... We may also be able to set some sorta dates for them to do this for us... MAYBE...

What you all think...

If I where to do this Community TW Season Would END on 1 June and Start On the 1 June...

Your Call...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Support:
    -Their usual copy/paste to send everyone to QC-

so typical PWI.. getting the run around from everyone.

a MOD telling me "we don't know" doesn't nudge the powers that be to be reminded it's time. so lets just spin our wheels and chat amongst ourselves hoping someone in charge can see this.

Thing is... their copy/paste about going to QC is completely worthless. Mods don't have power outside of forums and limited power on the forums. The so called "Development Team" that they claim checks the forums doesn't exist as PWI has no devs. Devs are in China and PWE isn't allowed to touch the game code, so even if we DID have devs here they couldn't do anything. The "Community Team" is also nonexistent as that's basically just the CM. Except we don't have a CM right now.

And that's ignoring the fact that they send everyone to QC over everything now like a bunch of clueless idiots when QC here is solely for reporting bugs and glitches. Heck, they've redirected mods to QC when we've submitted tickets. Because telling the mods to discuss things with ourselves is clearly going to somehow solve our problems somehow.

Our current support is absolutely horrible and I cringe whenever I have to send people to them for issues they're suppose d to handle because nine times out of ten you're gonna get someone who's total **** and your ticket won't get resolved while they send you to QC.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thing is... their copy/paste about going to QC is completely worthless. Mods don't have power outside of forums and limited power on the forums. The so called "Development Team" that they claim checks the forums doesn't exist as PWI has no devs. Devs are in China and PWE isn't allowed to touch the game code, so even if we DID have devs here they couldn't do anything. The "Community Team" is also nonexistent as that's basically just the CM. Except we don't have a CM right now.

And that's ignoring the fact that they send everyone to QC over everything now like a bunch of clueless idiots when QC here is solely for reporting bugs and glitches. Heck, they've redirected mods to QC when we've submitted tickets. Because telling the mods to discuss things with ourselves is clearly going to somehow solve our problems somehow.

Our current support is absolutely horrible and I cringe whenever I have to send people to them for issues they're suppose d to handle because nine times out of ten you're gonna get someone who's total **** and your ticket won't get resolved while they send you to QC.

I have had ONE ticket in the past two years actually get resolved, and even then I had to fight for it.

As far as PWI goes, just don't hold your breath. Also, assume that we don't have any support whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have sent tickets twice, both times I got a satisfactory result. (First one was quickish/done through my email, my most recent one was through arc messages... ergo it set in there for a few days since I missed it, but once I finally realized it, it was resolved pretty quickly afterwards... thankfully)

Though aye I realize it won't always be the case, for me or anyone else for that matter. Sucks that people are having issues.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't know why you guys are being told to talk to us about it. I cannot stress this enough but I can really only handle forum related questions, and cannot ban anyone. I'm a player not an employee. But I'll try my best to poke someone who can give us more information.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • paralleogram
    edited May 2015
    Options

I don't know why you guys are being told to talk to us about it. I cannot stress this enough but I can really only handle forum related questions, and cannot ban anyone. I'm a player not an employee. But I'll try my best to poke someone who can give us more information.

I know... which is why I said I'm getting the run around. Forum mods moderate forums, I do realize that you have no power to do anything inside the game. This is just typical PWI, support doesn't want to actually handle a request (or doesn't even have enough knowledge about the game to do anything) and just sends us here to speak to forum mods. Mods in turn cannot do anything and suggest to send a ticket. Aaaaand the cycle continues.

Things like this makes people extremely frustrated with PWI.

I understand we have no CM, but someome somewhere inside PWI US can press a button and reset the TW maps! lol
    Here we go again....
  • Cinder - Harshlands
    Cinder - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What if we annoy the hell out of all their means of contact until they get the hint people are pissed?

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/contact

Just don't contact these guys...

http://www.perfectworldentertainment.com/contact.php

They sent a cheesy Vegas act to my house to beat me up
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm going to redirect discussion here, so everyone sees it. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1757701

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.