Is R9rr Mystic worth getting?

ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Mystic
I plan on making my mystic r9rr soon once I get all the molds. I was reading some posts about mystics r9rr, but most of them are old. I've never had a r9 toon before, so to invest this much into one character is a big decision for me. I do love my mystic, but I just want to be sure this is worth the jump to get r9rr. I do plan on pvping more often as well in NW and possibly TW if I have the time. How does mystic compare to other classes in PVP as r9rr? TIA!
Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
Post edited by ArenaSkies - Sanctuary on

Comments

• eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think mystics are a strong class in any situation.
    they just lag a little in AOE skills but thats it.

They have physical attack with the pet.
    They have fast attack skills.
    They have the fastes heal ever in game.
    they have a pretty variety of possible moves.
    they can rez self buff.

mystic lagging in 2 parts:
    1. not many aoe skills, but strong aoe
    2. no kiting skills, so try to tank , die, rez
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was one of people that thought that will never be rrr9, but i realized that i been playing the game for long time and i am not planning to quit any time soon so...started working on rrr9.
    And now that i have full rrr9 with good refines i don't regret having it one bit. But have to say though once you get full rrr9 the super expensive part does not end there, still have to think about refines and shards since rrr9 being currently endgame gear you might as well want it well sharded and refined (up to you).
    I always liked to play my mystic and personally not getting tired of playing the class. With rrr9 everything much easier and more fun for me, can do lots of things i couldn't before and...well i don't regret getting rrr9 i guess.
    PvE can solo maaaany things and it's fun for me. (just remember that gear means nothing if you don't know how to play class).
    PvP i also had lot's of fun since i could fight other rrr9's and survive better (well you can do that with very good refined and sharded g16...problem was i was just r8 with awful refines before going r9~) But i quit NW because my luck is just always bad with everything including the nation i get because i always end up in loosing nation and maybe i will get winning one once a month so NW unbalanced.
    I don't care about NW reward i am there to have fun and....well loosing nation is loosing one because people afk constantly we get all the pill babies and if people are skilled then undergeared and so on.
    But anyway to get rrr9 or not is entirely up to you, just figure out the price of R9 and don't forget RR9 because that is bit expensive too and rrr9..well will put it this way
    R9 i assume you know requirements

RR9 10.800 uncanny
    2.700 raps

RRR9 4 EoO
    20 EoD's
    210 Basic Badges for full set of RRR9 and after that refines + shards.
    Love playing Mystic? have coin to make it happen? i would go rrr9 but it' not up to me it's up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At endgame a mystic can compete with any other class without any problem. So if you plan to go to R9.3 with a class and you like your mystic there is nothing to be afraid of.
    You can also pretty much soloing any instance in whole game easily except FSP.

But don't forget a thing : I know people that go to R9.3+10/12 and then are surprised not to be as strong as they think they should be. But primal passives, nuemas, cards, ..., are very important too.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    I might as well throw this one in because not everyone is aware of it, but it literally doesn't matter what title you use.
    i would strongly suggest doing all title quests because when you do a title quest you get some upgrade (pdef mdef mag attk phys attk accuracy evasion) and you will have it regardless of what title you have above head, so the more title quests you have done the better your stats are, and the title is just for the look's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
  • koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At endgame a mystic can compete with any other class without any problem. So if you plan to go to R9.3 with a class and you like your mystic there is nothing to be afraid of.
    You can also pretty much soloing any instance in whole game easily except FSP.

But don't forget a thing : I know people that go to R9.3+10/12 and then are surprised not to be as strong as they think they should be. But primal passives, nuemas, cards, ..., are very important too.

This ^^ I haven't found any class that causes me undue problems in PvP, it almost always comes down to a gear/cards advantage.

PvE: yes you can solo anything except FSP, UCH, QSM 100+.

I also agree with Zoldi about the passives, cards, nuemas, meridians, and titles: it all helps SO much.

I don't regret r9rr and the possibilities it opens in pvp and pve but only you can answer if it's worth it for you. Is there another class that is competing in your mind for r9rr? Or is mystic your only option?
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    Now i wanna try solo QSM 100+ :| never did 100+ xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, another class hasn't come to mind that much. I have a few other lvl 100 characters, but non rb since I played them back before awakenings. I don't have time to level other toons either really, but I did enjoy playing my psy. That's one possibility, I guess. I'm sure if I went back to playing it, I'd love it just the same. A couple of years ago, psys were OP in pvp, but now I'm not so sure.

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I personally dont think mystics are among the most OP pvp toons. (When i think OP, i think sin & barb for 1v1, veno, psy for masspvp, archer for TW support role). But the differences arent that big that you should refrain to R9 your favority class whatever that class is. In TW or NW, any well equiped caster will 2 shot me as soon as im purged doesnt matter if your a mystic instead of a psy.
    Espescially not when you consider the fact that balance changes and classes that are considered OP now might be considered weak next year and vice verca.

So just R9 your beloved main b:cute
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    I don't see too many R9 mystics either. Then again, I don't see much mystics on my server either, so maybe lots of people don't see their potential? It's not an easy class to play.

• VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    OP or not depends on how you play class, if you go on full DD any1 can do a lot of damage.
    I remember long ago farming badges for my alts g16 with my rrr9 mystic (not even cards existed then) and was in FW squad with 3 RRR9 sin's and i don't remember but i think rrr9 Aps barb, and don't know gear on cleric. And i had aggro on all bosses.How op you are and what damage you do depends on what you set out to do in squad either you purely focus on DD or you focus on support or do both but then DD won't be as good.
    Personally when i play mystic i like to DD but before anything starts i decide what i will do depending on squad. For example if i see a good cleric in squad i know i won't need to do healing support so i can go all out BUT i am always ready to drop the DD and support if needed.Well if i DD i am the one end up tanking but i don't care if cleric heals me or not i am not a trusting person so i will heal myself anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    was in FW squad with 3 RRR9 sin's and i don't remember but i think rrr9 Aps barb

Sorry, really only possibly by attacking too early. The damage difference between APS classes on those bosses and any non-APS class is so huge that it is not even interesting to know your and their refines. No non APS class can out DD the high end APSers on the old bosses. Not even if you`re +12 vs their +7.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eland20 wrote: »
    I think mystics are a strong class in any situation.
    they just lag a little in AOE skills but thats it.

They have fast attack skills.
    They have the fastes heal ever in game.
    they have a pretty variety of possible moves.
    they can rez self buff.

mystic lagging in 2 parts:
    1. not many aoe skills, but strong aoe

On your point 2.

That isn't entirely true, they do have access to the broken op purify proc, granted its full effectiveness doesn't come until true endgame, still it is a broken proc. (Do note this proc doesn't become available to any caster until r93r.)

There is also that bramble Tornado of theirs, which happens to be a knockback that works in pvp.

While neither are technically kiting techniques like leaps are, they both have the potential to work like kiting.

--

Mystics do have quite the potential, they can be quite the annoying targets to kill/be fighting even when they aren't in r9 gear.

They also tend to be quite painful too boot.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited March 2015

Absorb soul also counts as phys attack

Not really true, if someone close can silence or at least immobilize with gale, if RRR9 then weapon have chance of purify + speed buff, then devil stun and storm mistress silence,bramble tornado,can put to sleep with listless + lysing and tanking can be possible too with falling petals which are highly useful then natures barrier if phys class attacking and all the skills i mentioned to prevent from hitting you.
    So of course you will die if you just stand spamming natures vengeance while someone attacking you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've never died to a Mystic. ever. :/
    That being said, I admit there are not very many Mystics on my server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No non APS class can out DD the high end APSers on the old bosses. Not even if you`re +12 vs their +7.

Incorrect, mystics are dps gods. I can count on one hand the number of sins that can out-agro me on Warsong bosses, and I'm not even sage.

The only class that beats mystics for dps is clerics using Primal Cyclone. APSers are very old history even in aps dungeons.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've never died to a Mystic. ever. :/
    That being said, I admit there are not very many Mystics on my server.

At endgame a fight between a mystic and a BM can be very very long, but if the mystic struggle to deal enough damage to the BM, then the BM will struggle as well.
    I've never died to a BM 1v1 myself (or it was a really long time ago before rebirthing and primal skills). It could happen though, but the fight would be balanced and I would still consider the mystic being the favorite.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    Incorrect, mystics are dps gods. I can count on one hand the number of sins that can out-agro me on Warsong bosses, and I'm not even sage.

The only class that beats mystics for dps is clerics using Primal Cyclone. APSers are very old history even in aps dungeons.

Hard to believe since i APS with +10 for double the DPS that i can skill spam with +12. And Demon strength barbs also happen to be DPS gods. I am very willing to believe that some classes outDD the demonstr barb a little, but not 2x, that would be retardedly unbalanced and i would have noticed every mystic taking agro from me at mushi, which i dont think ever happened. If however you go into warsong and you start attacking while the tanking APSer is still sparking and casting buffs/debuffs, yes you will have agro. (That on the other hand happened quite regularly to me, its probably more common than people taking agro on mushi where i skillspam for half the damage i APS for)
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No I mean the sins will never have agro. Ever.

At +8 I could beat 100% of BMs for agro and about half of sins. At +12 it's not even a contest anymore.

There are zero good aps barbs on Sanctuary so I can't really comment on them.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At endgame a fight between a mystic and a BM can be very very long, but if the mystic struggle to deal enough damage to the BM, then the BM will struggle as well.
    I've never died to a BM 1v1 myself (or it was a really long time ago before rebirthing and primal skills). It could happen though, but the fight would be balanced and I would still consider the mystic being the favorite.

Yeah I only recently figured out how great your pdef self buff is.
    I haven't had much trouble taking down the mystics on my server though.
    Push back & the sleep herb are perhaps the greatest annoyances from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mystics in PVP/PVE are amazing. Depends on what you do in terms of defense and offense. I have several videos of TW..and PK if you're interested in seeing them just search OmniX on youtube. I would not change my mystic for any other class. I haven't recorded many videos lately..i might start again, but Mystics>Any other class..in my opinion of course :D
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mystics in PVP/PVE are amazing. Depends on what you do in terms of defense and offense. I have several videos of TW..and PK if you're interested in seeing them just search OmniX on youtube. I would not change my mystic for any other class. I haven't recorded many videos lately..i might start again, but Mystics>Any other class..in my opinion of course :D
    This looks like a NECRO!

OmniX - Heavens Tear replied to a message that was 2 months 9 days 30 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.