Refining Chances Decreased

Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Is just me or it looks that somehow they had lowered the refining chances with mirages?
Recently I had been trying to refine two pieces of gear (Ghostport Ring and a piece of r9rr armor) and it's giving me a hard time to even reach +2.. I had refined pretty much all my gear to +8 with mirages./tishas/tienkans and recently I started to try to refine this two parts but they are giving me way much more trouble than any other part.
Post edited by Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Luck. You've not got much of it anymore. b:laugh

To my knowledge the chances haven't changed for a long time.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    The higher the level of gear, the lower the chances.

Plus there's just sucky luck sometimes.

No, they have not changed any rates. They likely never will because it is an extremely involved process to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mind elaborating on the extreme process?

casue i sometimes get the feeling its just a 1-1-0 sequence running over and over and voer and over... but that can not be possible ... or we would see more ppl that claim +12 w/o the use of orbs
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread has pretty much everything known about refining chances.

To clarify what Sylen said, it's the current refine level of the gear, not the gear grade, that decreases refine chances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mulier wrote: »
    mind elaborating on the extreme process?
    The chances are listed on the wiki: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining

Whenever you see these threads about chances going down you should read them as "I feel like I had some bad luck with a few attempts."

No one ever bothers to record the results over thousands of attempts to see if it's consistent with expected chances...
    Well almost no one
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    refining sucks. Always has.

I hop around to different NPCs, Tisha and Tienken or whatever are useful. I can usually get +6 easily. +7 harder to do. After that I use orbs.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »
    refining sucks. Always has.

I hop around to different NPCs, Tisha and Tienken or whatever are useful. I can usually get +6 easily. +7 harder to do. After that I use orbs.

Don't you know, that at this forum exist thread for calculation of refining chances ?

I used Workbook from it to calculate number of necessary for me mirages, Tisha and Tienkang stones.

I had very limited amount of mirages (got them from 3* items and bought them from catshops), maximum quantity was not more than 200 (which I used for different items) and Tisha and Tienkang stones from Event shop.

See in pwi wiki:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining

Review Warren Forrest's Zoho Sheet - Refining Guide:
    http://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/warren.forrest/pwi-refine-costs
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    only puzzies have bad luck refining
  • Ludacritz - Raging Tide
    Ludacritz - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread has pretty much everything known about refining chances.

To clarify what Sylen said, it's the current refine level of the gear, not the gear grade, that decreases refine chances.

Actually I do have to say it seems that the grade of the gear DOES affect the odds, maybe just superstition, but I can refine TT60/70 to +7 with just a few hundered mirages (3-5 for weapon, 2-3 for each armor piece) pretty regularly, but T3 or R9RR gives me hell to get to just +3-5... Though, I did get (most) of my DB's gear to +7 with mirages and event gold pretty easily... all things considered, but it still took far more than I usually use when refining low level TT stuff... Even TT90 gold scythe for my SB got +6 off just 500 mirages, either I have very odd luck, or gear grade really does affect refine rate to an extent (And yes, I know refining low level stuff so high is silly, but sometimes i get bored and have a crapton of mirages from fairy boxes xD)
    edited May 2015
    trolltroll wrote: »
    -insert gibberish here-

................................. Wat?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Oh look, this thread again. Refine rates haven't changed. You ran into bad luck. It happens.

Yesterday I refined 4 different pieces of G16+ gear to +8 with about 1.2k mirages. Three of them had it happen with less than 100 each. The fourth was a pain and took over 700 because I had bad luck dealing with it. It happens and doesn't mean they changed anything.
    ................................. Wat?

The name didn't tip you off? b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Oh look, this thread again. Refine rates haven't changed. You ran into bad luck. It happens.

Yesterday I refined 4 different pieces of G16+ gear to +8 with about 1.2k mirages. Three of them had it happen with less than 100 each. The fourth was a pain and took over 700 because I had bad luck dealing with it. It happens and doesn't mean they changed anything.

The name didn't tip you off? b:chuckle
    I miss the days when trolls actually managed to form complete sentences... Nowadays they just hurt my eyes with their outrageously poor grasp of the English language. :/

Back in my day sonny... HEY YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN! er... FORUM!