How to rescue wizzies

13»

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    An argument that consists of "You shouldn't be able to do something that is actually commonly done by other classes except for the class weaker than you," and, "git gud"?

Yeah.... no. lol
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since our DPH is small (in comparison with other Arcane classes), then we can increase our DPS by less channeling time or more crit only.

"Essential Sutra boost" is one of the possible solutions.

I say about PvE.

Stuns there are useless in 90% of fights.

Ok ok ok....ive fought many casters and by far a wizards DPH is anything but small, and clearly it is the only thing wizards have going for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • jspwione
    jspwione Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    in light blue

They do have some of the best damage and on top they inflict stun, slow or interupt status ailments and affect a high-AoE radius effect. But you choose ignore comparable skills that are similar but deal lesser damage and have weaker status ailments.

You just want to compare them with skills that are either non-AoE, or do not deal a status ailment as good and most of those skills are from classes with lower base damage, have chance to miss etc.

You're telling me a triple-spark elimination zerk-crit should deal lesser damage to a single-target than a 2 spark skill AoE?

If you use them properly, the total damage you deal to 2 target or more can easily surpass that of a triple-spark elimination zerk-crit and we're not even talking about other things they bring to the table. All that still cost you less chi than triple-spark.

Anyway, clearly this is going no where, you're clearly biased and not gonna register anything else.

Just keep playing the way you do, continue making wizards look bad, I've not problem with that. I don't want people to play that class anyway.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jspwione wrote: »

You're telling me a triple-spark elimination zerk-crit should deal lesser damage to a single-target than a 2 spark skill AoE?...

Those AOE can't increase damage on single target like boss.
    It can't increase dps of the Wizards.
    It can't be used by autobot.
    It summon multiple mobs around you if it can't kill them by one hit with chance, that those mobs kill you after that (although with proper skills it can be prevented).
    Now, when DQ items are worthless AOE skills are worthless too.

I am ready to change all 2 spark AOE skills of Wizard for better channeling of other skills.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i believe at the very end we would be fine if they would remove primal passive skills from the game so our debuffs wont be ****.

then we would also need our ultis to be tweaked cause 2spark waste for something that barely hits more than a gush it's once again ****

and perhaps mountain seize should paralyze b:dirty

As long as it last like 3 seconds, id be completely ok with this. Cant be much worse then the purple tornado.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They do have some of the best damage and on top they inflict stun, slow or interupt status ailments and affect a high-AoE radius effect. But you choose ignore comparable skills that are similar but deal lesser damage and have weaker status ailments.

You just want to compare them with skills that are either non-AoE, or do not deal a status ailment as good and most of those skills are from classes with lower base damage, have chance to miss etc.

You're telling me a triple-spark elimination zerk-crit should deal lesser damage to a single-target than a 2 spark skill AoE?

If you use them properly, the total damage you deal to 2 target or more can easily surpass that of a triple-spark elimination zerk-crit and we're not even talking about other things they bring to the table. All that still cost you less chi than triple-spark.

Anyway, clearly this is going no where, you're clearly biased and not gonna register anything else.

Just keep playing the way you do, continue making wizards look bad, I've not problem with that. I don't want people to play that class anyway.

They do not have some of the best damage cause a black voodoo psychic "insert aoe skill name" has better damage, violet dance tempest has better damage, gale force has better damage, armageddon has better damage (and will be so op in next patch), actually subsea earthen has better damage, SS QPQ gemini has better damage and i could continue

and none of those skills take the channelling and the resources a wizard ulti takes, and all of the other classes can viably DPS w\o needing to trade sustain like wiz does with channelling gearset

you talk about CCs, but do you actually know that all the CCs besides paralyze are non-relevant in mass pvp, even more if you are bringing assassins on the table

3spark blade tempest is a more or less 300% (600% if crit) base damage hit (wiz has 50k base)

a 3spark subsea elimination zerkcrit is a 2880% base damage hit
    a 3spark subsea earthen zerkcrit is a 1200% base damage hit (sin has 30k base)

"those skills are from classes with lower base damage" if you would have actually knowledge of the game you'd know that wizard has the lowest weapon damage therefore the lowest base damage among arcane classes

and if you talk about comparing wizard base damage with assassins base dmg for example,

yea wizard is around 50k base and assassin is around 30k base

BUT:

sin has 90% crit cause he pretty much always crit, so its real base damage is 60k+wolf emblem = 72k

you prolly didnt play wizard in a long time else you'd know how hard wiz struggles respect the other DPS classes

only class we can literaly **** on are archers, but pretty much everyone can do that
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • coolstorm
    coolstorm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In my server wizards seem to be doing just fine, take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuvHbulQrvw
  • GodricGryff - Sanctuary
    GodricGryff - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No bypass, no good
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    coolstorm wrote: »
    In my server wizards seem to be doing just fine, take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuvHbulQrvw

stopped to watch after 20 seconds

barb not using cornered, solid shield, sof, nor def charms and switching in human form while sparkd

awful barb
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• coolstorm
    edited May 2015
    Even so...Look at the damage log, your QQ about damage is not justifiable. b:bye
    stopped to watch after 20 seconds

barb not using cornered, solid shield, sof, nor def charms and switching in human form while sparkd

awful barb
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited May 2015
    coolstorm wrote: »
    Even so...Look at the damage log, your QQ about damage is not justifiable. b:bye

Can you post in this thread characteristics of their equipment ?

As I know if barbarian has bad equipment while Wizard has best equipment, barbarian can be killed by one hit.
  • coolstorm
    edited May 2015
    Both the barb and the wiz have full r999 +12, the wiz has josd the barb has crapy HP shards but still has over 50k HP pool. Obviously if he was josd the damage he takes would be less but any heavy target with full josd should be hard if not impossible to kill by just one DD.

All that being said, I think all of the old classes need some tweaks to compete with the new classes. I don't think that adding more damage is necessarily the best way to go about it though.

Can you post in this thread characteristics of their equipment ?

As I know if barbarian has bad equipment while Wizard has best equipment, barbarian can be killed by one hit.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    there is no chance an endgame wizard hits 5 digits gushes on an endgame barb so there is some bull****ting here
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I know it's a big habit but you gotta try to curb it again, Hot. It's slipping into more posts than it's not in again.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • jspwione
    edited May 2015
    Those AOE can't increase damage on single target like boss.
    It can't increase dps of the Wizards.
    It can't be used by autobot.
    It summon multiple mobs around you if it can't kill them by one hit with chance, that those mobs kill you after that (although with proper skills it can be prevented).
    Now, when DQ items are worthless AOE skills are worthless too.

I am ready to change all 2 spark AOE skills of Wizard for better channeling of other skills.

One wizard is harped on bypassing when he is irrelevant at end game because he is too lazy to level, not maxed level, probably have less than 850 magic, have average stats from weapon and overall gears.

Another wizard brings up about PVE? Both are just as bad though.
    They do not have some of the best damage cause a black voodoo psychic "insert aoe skill name" has better damage, violet dance tempest has better damage, gale force has better damage, armageddon has better damage (and will be so op in next patch), actually subsea earthen has better damage, SS QPQ gemini has better damage and i could continue

and none of those skills take the channelling and the resources a wizard ulti takes, and all of the other classes can viably DPS w\o needing to trade sustain like wiz does with channelling gearset

you talk about CCs, but do you actually know that all the CCs besides paralyze are non-relevant in mass pvp, even more if you are bringing assassins on the table

3spark blade tempest is a more or less 300% (600% if crit) base damage hit (wiz has 50k base)

a 3spark subsea elimination zerkcrit is a 2880% base damage hit
    a 3spark subsea earthen zerkcrit is a 1200% base damage hit (sin has 30k base)

"those skills are from classes with lower base damage" if you would have actually knowledge of the game you'd know that wizard has the lowest weapon damage therefore the lowest base damage among arcane classes

and if you talk about comparing wizard base damage with assassins base dmg for example,

yea wizard is around 50k base and assassin is around 30k base

BUT:

sin has 90% crit cause he pretty much always crit, so its real base damage is 60k+wolf emblem = 72k

you prolly didnt play wizard in a long time else you'd know how hard wiz struggles respect the other DPS classes

only class we can literaly **** on are archers, but pretty much everyone can do that

Now you bring up a combo like '3spark subsea elimination zerkcrit' and '3spark subsea earthen zerkcrit' like a proper wizard will get hit by that combo, it's irrelevant to what we were talking about with 2 spark AoE skills but if you wanna go down the absurd route, fine.

You wanna talk about 'ceiling' burst damage output right, why don't you bring up 3spark, essential sultra, BT + other skills or BIDS/MS if you have a have venomancers to support. Easily get more damage even if you 2-3 attacks don't crit

As usual non of what you said counter any of the points I made.

You wanna get personal right, but I'll continue to be nice and still give you proper advices instead.

1. Please stop being so freaking lazy, go level up. Even some of the laziest players I know, have at least one character maxed out in level.

2. Get up to 950 magic and reroll your weapon to get at least 63 attack levels roll with -8% channelling roll at least and get most of the available NW upgrades.

Come back here after you have done the above and if you still problems bypassing. I still have two more secret advice left but until then, ciao.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited May 2015

You wanna get personal right, but I'll continue to be nice and still give you proper advices instead.

1. Please stop being so freaking lazy, go level up. Even some of the laziest players I know, have at least one character maxed out in level.

2. Get up to 950 magic and reroll your weapon to get at least 63 attack levels roll with -8% channelling roll at least and get most of the available NW upgrades.

Come back here after you have done the above and if you still problems bypassing. I still have two more secret advice left but until then, ciao.

Had you seen his/her build ?

If not, then I will post it here:
    http://mypers.pw/1.7/#123510

Also ... about "lazy" ... I don't want to be as slave of pwi.
    And I don't want to pay for doll named "Wizard" more than cost good laptop or notebook.
    It is my personal opinion.
  • jspwione
    edited May 2015
    Had you seen his/her build ?

If not, then I will post it here:
    http://mypers.pw/1.7/#123510

Also ... about "lazy" ... I don't want to be as slave of pwi.
    And I don't want to pay for doll named "Wizard" more than cost good laptop or notebook.

You sure he has maximum roll on stats from his R999 armors?

And his current level is 101, that just screams amateur.

The biggest level difference you want to have between you and your target is 2 and nothing more.

So for those working on getting maxed leveled, they should at least get their current level to 103.
    (Note: Another game-changing tip but how many noobs will actually take advantage of this?)

Any time you are 3 levels lower than your target, you only get to deal 90% damage to that target.

So for someone being just 101, anytime he goes against someone who is 104 or 105, he takes a significant handicap, all that for being lazy and ill-informed.

No wonder he is biased, he spent has spent that much but still find it hard to do what a handful of wizards can with way cheaper builds.

I've seen maybe a couple under-geared wizards one-shot or charm bypass players who are maxed leveled with sixcandle flame card sets that are almost all maxed RB in legit PK setting in TW or NW with little to no help from others.

It's not just about knowing when and how, to get the job done.

First you need to be well-informed and make use of relevant information to squeeze every drop you can from your character. Takes more that wanting and effort.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    Now you bring up a combo like '3spark subsea elimination zerkcrit' and '3spark subsea earthen zerkcrit' like a proper wizard will get hit by that combo, it's irrelevant to what we were talking about with 2 spark AoE skills but if you wanna go down the absurd route, fine.

You wanna talk about 'ceiling' burst damage output right, why don't you bring up 3spark, essential sultra, BT + other skills or BIDS/MS if you have a have venomancers to support. Easily get more damage even if you 2-3 attacks don't crit

As usual non of what you said counter any of the points I made.

You sure he has maximum roll on stats from his R999 armors?

And his current level is 101, that just screams amateur.

The biggest level difference you want to have between you and your target is 2 and nothing more.

So for those working on getting maxed leveled, they should at least get their current level to 103.
    (Note: Another game-changing tip but how many noobs will actually take advantage of this?)

Any time you are 3 levels lower than your target, you only get to deal 90% damage to that target.

So for someone being just 101, anytime he goes against someone who is 104 or 105, he takes a significant handicap, all that for being lazy and ill-informed.

No wonder he is biased, he spent has spent that much but still find it hard to do what a handful of wizards can with way cheaper builds.

I've seen maybe a couple under-geared wizards one-shot or charm bypass players who are maxed leveled with sixcandle flame card sets that are almost all maxed RB in legit PK setting in TW or NW with little to no help from others.

It's not just about knowing when and how, to get the job done.

First you need to be well-informed and make use of relevant information to squeeze every drop you can from your character. Takes more that wanting and effort.

First of all, are you a wizard player? Is wizard your main?
    If so, show me your build and pvp videos,
    then i maybe could start to get what you say in a serious way

But anyways,

3spark essential sutra bt is a 7 sparks combo, s e v e n sparks, how do you land a 7 sparks combo? starting with full chi, 3 spark cloud eruption sutra white tea bt ?

are you mad? thats like depleting any resource you could deplete and you know how hard wizards struggle to build up chi
    and dont come talk about chi shield, cause you are a oneshot to any physical class wearing it,

You cannot compare the 7 sparks combo you mentioned with 3spark subsea elimination,
    first of all elimination is no chi cost and 15 secs cooldown, second assassins **** sparks all over the place sage 50 chi, tackling 50, rising 180, inner 200

I might be lazy leveling up (because i spent quite some time building up my assassin)
    but i have already 920 magic with possibly the highest weapon damage among all the wizards
    on the whole PWE servers alltogether i am 105 105 101 with around 60k base damage on moon's embrace (which is close to average endgame psychic base damage value, but too bad i have an S set of cards, psy with an S set of cards would reach 65 to 70k)
    My nuema is maxed, my meridian is 2 spots from maxed, i have all the mag atk titles

the 10% more damage from level difference wont make a wizard able to bypass or not bypass someone, its really not a game changer, if you hit someone for 5-7k with your BT, there is no chance 5,5k-7,7k would bypass any endgame char in this game

The problem is that you probably have no clue how DPH is off the current meta,
    especially with the free -67% damage charms, you cannot really viably DPH therefore you cannot bypass anyone when your target could just press one of those charms when he gets close to his 50% hp

But even if we had no def charms, wizard DPH isnt enough to even bypass any endgame target which is full buffed, while you won't even need a bypass to kill someone that is purged (and any class even archers can 123 a purged target)

what wizard needs to do in the current meta is to get skilled in switching channelling gears making wizard DPS viable, to "tanky" gears, it is what i am currently practicing

it's quite hard cause it needs a super "in-range awareness", if you get any high p. damage threat in range, wizard can't really go into channelling set (moon's embrace, lunar cape, channelling necklace+demon wellspring)

Considering that i am also personally hate targeted a lot it's even harder

but it's viable. If you can sneak 10-15 seconds of -70%ish chann., wizard can deal consistent DPS and can even DPS down Arcane counterparts

I'm also considering to switch back cultivations to get back demon emberstorm (aoe CC) and pitfall for more "instant" damage

Frozen flame is a DPS skill i know, but the huge cast time makes it good just as an opening, if you use it in a DPS chain it will lower your average DPS giving enemy charm more chances to tick before you bursted him down, and the CC is single target, also i really believe the description is wrong cause i've never seen someone slowed like glacial snare used to slow (80%)

Sandfall is a useless skill, demon sandstorm deals more damage, and pitfall is faster and applies the same CC
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i have 815 mag and i have no trouble holding my own. the only problem is when i run across ppl that werent lazy like me and lvlvd to 105/105/105. and im not even on beles level. solar slaughter, nuema portal set, 73-75k base mag atk. he was as of today at 1329 spirit.

you other server must not have good wizz. cause mortal reversion gg. that is all b:chuckle

my channel http:\\www.youtube.com\user\doodswh
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited June 2015
    doods00 wrote: »
    i have 815 mag and i have no trouble holding my own. the only problem is when i run across ppl that werent lazy like me and lvlvd to 105/105/105. and im not even on beles level. solar slaughter, nuema portal set, 73-75k base mag atk. he was as of today at 1329 spirit.

you other server must not have good wizz. cause mortal reversion gg. that is all b:chuckle

my channel http:\\www.youtube.com\user\doodswh

do you have a wiz on your server with nuema portal set? really? then i am not the best geared wizard anymore xD but such a waste doe

that 73-75k on full buffs and moon's ring right
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    do you have a wiz on your server with nuema portal set? really? then i am not the best geared wizard anymore xD

Yes, really he has full nuema portal and some cards are rb though i dont really remember which.

And wrong, he has the fingerbead ring, magic attack/physical defense, naturally.

Did you actually assume you were the best wizard accross all servers?
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, really he has full nuema portal and some cards are rb though i dont really remember which.

And wrong, he has the fingerbead ring, magic attack/physical defense, naturally.

Did you actually assume you were the best wizard accross all servers?

If his gear is still like it is in his signature, aswell as his magic, he'd be pretty much average gear amongst the wizards in tier 1 TW of Sanctuary. Thats not including the fact all his armor pieces have perfect stats, which I doubt is actually the case ;o Strange assumption, are there really that few full geared people on Morai?
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited June 2015
    If his gear is still like it is in his signature, aswell as his magic, he'd be pretty much average gear amongst the wizards in tier 1 TW of Sanctuary. Thats not including the fact all his armor pieces have perfect stats, which I doubt is actually the case ;o Strange assumption, are there really that few full geared people on Morai?

shots fired?
    no it's not like that anymore and i am lazy to update the mypers thinghie

also do you actually know that over 900mag, adding +mag atk on engraves f.e. gives better returns?

Yea average gears right, list me all wizards of your knowledge with relevant S card sets ahah

And then why 1 month ago there was a huge train of sanct players that rerolled on my server?

And please where is all those videos of Sanctuary pk? On morai pk is pretty much everyday on average sides 15v15

Do you have that? Yes? No? Videos? shut the fvck up and return in topic
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015

also do you actually know that over 900mag, adding +mag atk on engraves f.e. gives better returns?

Unless those engraved are giving you 50+magic attack, +10 magic engraved are far better for end game (more damage increase and you get magic def).

At 900 magic 10 magic = 1% more damage
    At 1000 magic 10 magic = .909% (?) More damage

End game magic class should have about 5500-6000 weapon damage
    So 55-60 m attack needed to increase damage by 1%.
    46-55 m attack needed to increase damage by .909%

Edit: just checked, max engrave is 40 m attack / 11 magic and considering you'd need ever +magic engraving to hit 1k magic, magic engraving> Magic attack engravings every time.

(I don't like spread of misinformation)

Unrelated side note, what does f.e. stand for? Tried urban dictionary it but only got it as either "far enough" or "f*** everyone" neither of which make sense in that sentence. Only thing in game I could think of is faction engravings but that doesn't make sense either.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Unless those engraved are giving you 50+magic attack, +10 magic engraved are far better for end game (more damage increase and you get magic def).

At 900 magic 10 magic = 1% more damage
    At 1000 magic 10 magic = .909% (?) More damage

End game magic class should have about 5500-6000 weapon damage
    So 55-60 m attack needed to increase damage by 1%.
    46-55 m attack needed to increase damage by .909%

Edit: just checked, max engrave is 40 m attack / 11 magic and considering you'd need ever +magic engraving to hit 1k magic, magic engraving> Magic attack engravings every time.

(I don't like spread of misinformation)

Unrelated side note, what does f.e. stand for? Tried urban dictionary it but only got it as either "far enough" or "f*** everyone" neither of which make sense in that sentence. Only thing in game I could think of is faction engravings but that doesn't make sense either.

5500-6000 you get them if you have an S set of cards,

mag atk engraves gives you a way better return in base damage in case of full buffs, since buffs increase % weapon damage, now point is, are you a player that goes into pk\pvp on self buffs?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    5500-6000 you get them if you have an S set of cards,

mag atk engraves gives you a way better return in base damage in case of full buffs, since buffs increase % weapon damage, now point is, are you a player that goes into pk\pvp on self buffs?

I get purged a LOT and my go to buff pot is SoD so I normally don't have ep m attack buff.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    do you have a wiz on your server with nuema portal set? really? then i am not the best geared wizard anymore xD but such a waste doe

Pretty sure there are 1 or 2 wizards on HT that outgear you(one definitely does).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • sinithsky
    sinithsky Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Pretty sure that the f.e. mentioned means "For Example"
    It's not how CRAZY I AM that but how much I ENJOY it that makes me DANGEROUS!
    in a singsong voice "I can destroy the world. total Anhailation, wiping out every nation. i will cleanse the glove with fire."
    10 points to those who know where that's from