New Expansion: Vit shardss vs: Def Shards

2»

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Just one catch to the above.

Spirit only has an impact when it's uneven. If two people are doing all their Primal dailies, have maxed nuema, and have pretty much the same cards, their spirit will be practically the same, which removes it from the equation entirely and just leaves base damage, resistance, and defense levels.

And the people most likely to have 24 jades in their gear are also the ones most likely to have the highest amounts of spirit. So really Jades are just becoming even more of a "get these near last" improvement to gear because of all the other things to consider... but still wind up as the best defensive option for that position when you're able to get them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For archer vit is better vs high attack level opponents (like approaching 200 attack levels is where the cross over point is .

In general archers should go vit.

Why?

You're an idiot if you spend that much money on shards for a redundant toon at this point. Other things give better gains for the coin you spend. The biggest thing is spirit. Just spend the bills on some cards.

Or just reroll another toon and you'll find you start out performingyour archer at lower gear lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For archer vit is better vs high attack level opponents (like approaching 200 attack levels is where the cross over point is .

In general archers should go vit.

Why?

You're an idiot if you spend that much money on shards for a redundant toon at this point. Other things give better gains for the coin you spend. The biggest thing is spirit. Just spend the bills on some cards.

Or just reroll another toon and you'll find you start out performingyour archer at lower gear lol.

imo archers need jades, there is no deity or vit archer

archers have the lowest resistances values and are severely exposed to any debuff or purge, if they dont get something to reduce the damage they receive, they can even get 30k hp base but they will get onehitted anyways by most of the classes

all the archers i face have to force genie as soon as they get one single debuff, so well archers should go jades and no other thing imo
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    imo archers need jades, there is no deity or vit archer

archers have the lowest resistances values and are severely exposed to any debuff or purge, if they dont get something to reduce the damage they receive, they can even get 30k hp base but they will get onehitted anyways by most of the classes

all the archers i face have to force genie as soon as they get one single debuff, so well archers should go jades and no other thing imo

I do just fine thanks. The only thing that "overhits" me is classes i'm not meant to be anywhere near. If you're talking about 1v1 then you cant expect any archer to win 1v1 against anything unless they outgear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll very much disagree with the idea that archers should only be JoSD, an archer or any other class at endgame shouldn't be dying to 1 shots. And from the perspective of group pk, an archer who is buffed and supported by its group should be able to kite nearly indefinitely most oncoming pressure regardless of its shards.

Archers have plenty of survival and kiting skills, and although they have a short end of a stick when it comes to 1v1's however they are valuable in group pk because of their ability to quickly switch from offensive to defensive supporting DD w/ the possibility to purge.

Currently a lot of archers complain that archer dmg is too low to reasonably kill similarly geared targets. Personally I feel that is largely because the past few updates are very defense heavy, and many classes are lacking the dmg output to actually land kills. Deity shards are pretty much the only option for most ppl to increase there dmg as they max out the rest of their gear, and that is why it is viable.

Something that Bhavvy pointed out, and I very much agree with. The cost of Jades is too high for the ultimate gain they give. Ppl keep on bringing up spirit, which ultimately all cancels out on equally geared toons. But it is worth pointing out that many toons aren't equally geared when it comes to cards. And that is the main place people are able to get higher spirit than opponents. Although it'd be difficult to calc costs to relative gain, I feel as though many people may be better off focusing on improving their cards rather then trying to shard JoSD.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel as though many people may be better off focusing on improving their cards rather then trying to shard JoSD.

I kinda agree with that, especially focuing on improving the battle and destroyer cards, since those are and will remain the main components of the damage you deal

while defensive-wise, an endgame unsharded toon is already good enough
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Currently a lot of archers complain that archer dmg is too low to reasonably kill similarly geared targets. Personally I feel that is largely because the past few updates are very defense heavy, and many classes are lacking the dmg output to actually land kills. Deity shards are pretty much the only option for most ppl to increase there dmg as they max out the rest of their gear, and that is why it is viable.

I would like to point out archers got shafted hard on dmg by 2 different things. First being the lack of skill upgrades other classes gained to increase their dmg output. Second being the fact Endless Breeze doesnt affect auto-attack damage, which is the main source of archers dmg output. On top of those we got inkbloods and NS buffs, which further nerf archer dmg the most. No other class gets remotely close to archers when it comes down to "nerfs" on damage output.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I decided to run the numbers on my own toon for ****s and giggles -- effective HP with no shards, immac citrines, vit stones, or JOSD: unbuffed and buffed. These numbers assume a defender with 64 defense levels unsharded (me with O'malleys) and an attacker with 135 attack levels (me with jones), and equal spirit.

Taking unbuffed physical as an example: JOSD (488,193) is 22.09% better than vit stones (399,873). To get that much defensive benefit from spirit with vit, you would need a massive amount of spirit: with an attacker that has 900 spirit, I would need 1320 spirit while using vit stones to be even with a 900-spirit jaded toon (see pwi wiki for the spirit formula). Last I checked that ain't happening without nuema portal, and if you're able to afford that I'm pretty sure you can get jades.

I'd also like to point out that for both the buffed and unbuffed cases, JOSDs give a greater advantage over vits than vits give over immaculate citrines.

I would run these with the upcoming passives included as well, but... I don't actually know the details on them. Can anyone fill me in?

Also, source for those charts (requires pygal)
    import pygal, math
    from enum import Enum
    from copy import copy

class DamageType(Enum):
    	physical = 1
    	magical = 2

class CharacterClass(Enum):
    	blademaster = 1
    	wizard = 2
    	barbarian = 3
    	venomancer = 4
    	archer = 5
    	cleric = 6
    	assassin = 7
    	psychic = 8
    	seeker = 9
    	mystic = 10
    	duskblade = 11
    	stormbringer = 12

class Actor(object):
    	def __init__(self, charClass: CharacterClass):
    		self.charClass = charClass
    		self.level = 105
    		self.spirit = 800
    		self.att_levels = 135
    		self.def_levels = 64
    		self.phys_def = 24721
    		self.mag_def = 22665
    		self.phys_reduction = 2
    		self.mag_reduction = 3
    		self.hp = 21256
    		self.vit = 89
    		self.str = 105
    		self.mag = 59
    		self.buffed = False
    		self.defPassiveLevel = 10
    		self.hpGearMultiplier = 1.1

def calcPassiveMultiplier(self) -> float:
    		return 1+(self.defPassiveLevel*0.08)

def calcBaseDefense(self, type: DamageType) -> int:
    		otherStat = self.str if type == DamageType.physical else self.mag
    		current = self.phys_def if type == DamageType.physical else self.mag_def
    		current /= self.calcPassiveMultiplier()
    		baseStatAdd = round((self.vit+otherStat-2)/4)
    		baseStatMultiplier = 1+round(((2*self.vit)+(3*otherStat))/25)/100
    		return (current - baseStatAdd - (1 if type==DamageType.physical else 0))/baseStatMultiplier

def calcDefense(self, type: DamageType, oldBase: int) -> int:
    		otherStat = self.str if type == DamageType.physical else self.mag
    		baseStatAdd = round((self.vit+otherStat-2)/4)
    		baseStatMultiplier = 1+round(((2*self.vit)+(3*otherStat))/25)/100
    		return (round(baseStatAdd)+round(oldBase*baseStatMultiplier)+(1 if type==DamageType.physical else 0))*self.calcPassiveMultiplier()

def addVit(self, amount: int):
    		wasBuffed = False
    		if self.buffed:
    			self.unbuff()
    			wasBuffed = True
    		oldBasePhys = self.calcBaseDefense(DamageType.physical)
    		oldBaseMag = self.calcBaseDefense(DamageType.magical)
    		self.vit += amount
    		self.phys_def = self.calcDefense(DamageType.physical, oldBasePhys)
    		self.mag_def = self.calcDefense(DamageType.magical, oldBaseMag)
    		if wasBuffed:
    			self.buff()

def buff(self):
    		if not self.buffed:
    			self.buffed = True
    			physBuffMultiplier = self.calcPassiveMultiplier()
    			magBuffMultiplier = self.calcPassiveMultiplier()
    			self.phys_def /= physBuffMultiplier
    			physBuffMultiplier += 0.75 #Bell
    			physBuffMultiplier += 0.60 #Vanguard
    			self.phys_def *= physBuffMultiplier
    			self.mag_def /= magBuffMultiplier
    			magBuffMultiplier += 0.60 #Shell
    			self.mag_def *= magBuffMultiplier
    			self.hp /= self.hpGearMultiplier
    			self.hp *= self.hpGearMultiplier+0.35 #BKI

def unbuff(self):
    		if self.buffed:
    			self.buffed = False
    			physBuffMultiplier = self.calcPassiveMultiplier()
    			magBuffMultiplier = self.calcPassiveMultiplier()
    			self.phys_def *= physBuffMultiplier
    			physBuffMultiplier += 0.75 #Bell
    			physBuffMultiplier += 0.60 #Vanguard
    			self.phys_def /= physBuffMultiplier
    			self.mag_def *= magBuffMultiplier
    			magBuffMultiplier -= 0.60 #Shell
    			self.mag_def /= magBuffMultiplier
    			self.hp *= self.hpGearMultiplier
    			self.hp /= self.hpGearMultiplier+0.35 #BKI

class DamageCalc(object):
    	def __init__(self, defender: Actor):
    		self.defender = defender

def getLevelModifier(self) -> float:
    		difference = self.defender.level - self.attacker.level
    		mod = 0.25
    		if difference < 3:
    			mod = 1
    		elif difference <= 5:
    			mod = 0.9
    		elif difference <= 8:
    			mod = 0.8
    		elif difference <= 11:
    			mod = 0.7
    		elif difference <= 15:
    			mod = 0.6
    		elif difference <= 20:
    			mod = 0.5
    		print("Level Modifier: {0}".format(mod))
    		return mod

def getSpiritModifier(self) -> float:
    		mod = (1000.0+self.attacker.spirit)/(1000+self.defender.spirit)
    		print("Spirit Modifier: {0}".format(mod))
    		return mod

def getAttackLevelModifier(self) -> float:
    		mod = 1
    		if self.attacker.att_levels > self.defender.def_levels:
    			mod = 1.0+((self.attacker.att_levels-self.defender.def_levels)/100)
    		elif self.defender.def_levels > self.attacker.att_levels:
    			mod = 1.0/(1+(1.2*(self.defender.def_levels-self.attacker.att_levels)/100))
    		print("Attack Level Modifier: {0}".format(mod))
    		return mod

def getDefenseReduction(self, type: DamageType) -> float:
    		defense = self.defender.phys_def if type == DamageType.physical else self.defender.mag_def
    		reduction = round(defense/((40*self.attacker.level)+defense-25), 4)
    		print("Defense Reduction: {0}".format(reduction))
    		return reduction

def run(self) -> int:
    		type = DamageType.magical if self.attacker.charClass.value%2 == 0 else DamageType.physical
    		print("Running sim: {0} attacking {1} with type {2}".format(self.attacker.charClass.name, self.defender.charClass.name, type.name))
    		ehp = self.getEffectiveHP(type)
    		print("Sim over: EHP = {0}".format(ehp))
    		return ehp

def getEffectiveHP(self, type: DamageType) -> int:
    		ehp = round(self.defender.hp)
    		print("Defender HP: {0}".format(ehp))
    		ehp /= self.getLevelModifier()
    		ehp /= self.getSpiritModifier()
    		ehp /= self.getAttackLevelModifier()
    		reduction = self.defender.phys_reduction/100.0 if type == DamageType.physical else self.defender.mag_reduction/100.0
    		ehp /= (1-reduction)
    		ehp /= (1-self.getDefenseReduction(type))
    		ehp *= 4
    		return math.floor(ehp)

#Calc setup
    defenderBase = Actor(CharacterClass.archer)
    calc_base = DamageCalc(defenderBase)
    physAttacker = Actor(CharacterClass.blademaster)
    magAttacker = Actor(CharacterClass.wizard)

defender_immac = copy(defenderBase)
    defender_immac.hp += 50*24
    calc_immac = DamageCalc(defender_immac)

defender_vit = copy(defenderBase)
    defender_vit.addVit(240)
    calc_vit = DamageCalc(defender_vit)

defender_josd = copy(defenderBase)
    defender_josd.def_levels += 48
    calc_josd = DamageCalc(defender_josd)

#Run unbuffed chart
    unbuffedChart = pygal.Bar()
    unbuffedChart.title = "Effective HP: Unbuffed"

calc_base.attacker = physAttacker
    calc_immac.attacker = physAttacker
    calc_vit.attacker = physAttacker
    calc_josd.attacker = physAttacker
    unbuffedChart.add("Physical", [calc_base.run(), calc_immac.run(), calc_vit.run(), calc_josd.run()])

calc_base.attacker = magAttacker
    calc_immac.attacker = magAttacker
    calc_vit.attacker = magAttacker
    calc_josd.attacker = magAttacker
    unbuffedChart.add("Magical", [calc_base.run(), calc_immac.run(), calc_vit.run(), calc_josd.run()])

unbuffedChart.x_labels = ["Unsharded", "Immacs", "Vit", "JOSD"]
    unbuffedChart.render_to_file("shards.svg")

#Run buffed chart
    defenderBase.buff()
    defender_immac.buff()
    defender_vit.buff()
    defender_josd.buff()

buffedChart = pygal.Bar()
    buffedChart.title = "Effective HP: Buffed"

calc_base.attacker = physAttacker
    calc_immac.attacker = physAttacker
    calc_vit.attacker = physAttacker
    calc_josd.attacker = physAttacker
    buffedChart.add("Physical", [calc_base.run(), calc_immac.run(), calc_vit.run(), calc_josd.run()])

calc_base.attacker = magAttacker
    calc_immac.attacker = magAttacker
    calc_vit.attacker = magAttacker
    calc_josd.attacker = magAttacker
    buffedChart.add("Magical", [calc_base.run(), calc_immac.run(), calc_vit.run(), calc_josd.run()])

buffedChart.x_labels = ["Unsharded", "Immacs", "Vit", "JOSD"]
    buffedChart.render_to_file("shards_buffed.svg")

Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm no expert, but I'm fairly sure JOSD are still the best.
    Still, Creation Stones aren't bad if someone wants a cheaper option.

This.

The passive will narrow the gap but Jades will still be better.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
    edited May 2015
    This.

The passive will narrow the gap but Jades will still be better.

I have stated this bout 3 times on this thread so far. Effectively you multiply the effective health with number X, which is the same for every kind of shard in game. This as a result will leave the relative difference between shards exactly the same. But as the % difference stays the same while effective health grows, the absolute difference in numbers will actually grow.

What is number X? Glad you asked. In reality R9+ toons have 110%(neck+chest) max hp as their base hp. You add 25%, which turns it to 135%. In short you sum max hp% together, you dont multiply them. This is how every single max hp% buff works in game so far.

So for R9+ w/o buffs, X will be 1.35/1.1 = 1,227. Add barb buff, NW pot, the number will be different but it will be the same no matter what shards you use.
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really dislike all this math.
    Not because it's math really, but because it's absolutely meaningless.
    You all want to know what is really better, right? Vitality Stones or Jades of Steady Defense?
    Simply ask yourself who you are as a player. Do you really need to be dependent on a gem to win a 1v1 or even a Territory War? The very suggestion of that is disgusting, if you ask me.
    The question is, do you want to have fun, or win easily. This game has never been about the gear. It's about the people you play with. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Keyword: Multiplayer. Full Jades are for the soloist. The loner. The easy mode player. Which by the way, I'm sad to see, still exist in the multitudes here. The sooner people realize that this game isn't about having the best gear, the sooner we are all going to have more fun. I don't use Vit. shards, I'm not full +12. I don't even have an Emperor tome or a NW cube neck. But I love the people I'm playing with. And we're having better Territory Wars now than we have had in quite some time. I'm fighting players with full jades, full +12's, Crowns of Madness (yes, plural), and fully leveled s card sets. Guess what? They aren't invincible. I'm able to stand toe to toe with them based on the way I work with my squad. Anyone can with the right team. Wake up people. No amount of money will buy you fun here. Even if you are the best geared player on your server. The one player on Dreamweaver who has a full Nuema Portal set, unrivaled in strength, seems to be sitting on a broken throne of boredom. His current faction has 10 minute Territory Wars, and they get no-showed often. No one wants to face him in PvP. It's the same for all top tier players really. When you become unstoppable, nobody wants to even try to stop you. Duh. I think it's hilariously obvious that Vitality Stones are far superior to jades, just because they aren't game breaking. They are much more balanced shards. Jades just kill the fun. They don't really even belong in this game anymore. So yeah, get some Vit. stones. I'm sure if I used them, I would be just as unstoppable as the maxed out players. And that's not even ego speaking. I truly believe any of you could do the same. Moral of the story? Play with skills and your friends, not some lonely virtual validation complex.

Just my humble opinion. =)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Moral of the story? Play with skills and your friends, not some lonely virtual validation complex.

Just my humble opinion. =)

rightt, so gank, play against players that arent good even with op gear, or get op and get bored, crappy morals of story
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2015
    I have stated this bout 3 times on this thread so far. Effectively you multiply the effective health with number X, which is the same for every kind of shard in game. This as a result will leave the relative difference between shards exactly the same. But as the % difference stays the same while effective health grows, the absolute difference in numbers will actually grow.

What is number X? Glad you asked. In reality R9+ toons have 110%(neck+chest) max hp as their base hp. You add 25%, which turns it to 135%. In short you sum max hp% together, you dont multiply them. This is how every single max hp% buff works in game so far.

So for R9+ w/o buffs, X will be 1.35/1.1 = 1,227. Add barb buff, NW pot, the number will be different but it will be the same no matter what shards you use.

Lol, thanks for all the information that I already knew! It's so helpful when people talk about the obvious of mathematics to me and sum up the most basic of game mechanics. I'm just a simple BM, I don't understand simple concepts! Thank the lord for presenting me with someone who enjoys spelling out every basic to any small comment on the internet. b:shutup
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Duh. I think it's hilariously obvious that Vitality Stones are far superior to jades, just because they aren't game breaking. They are much more balanced shards. Jades just kill the fun. They don't really even belong in this game anymore. So yeah, get some Vit. stones. I'm sure if I used them, I would be just as unstoppable as the maxed out players. And that's not even ego speaking. I truly believe any of you could do the same.
    Your whole post sounds like "Ppl, please, don't get jades because you are too far ahead, and I can't afford them and it upsets me, I want to farm frags with ease too and with your jades it's becoming harder" b:chuckle

First of all, "fun" is individual for everyone. Some like pvp in squads, some prefer to be self sufficient and pk without help. 1v1 is way more challenging than group pk.
    Then, since when jades don't belong here or are overkill? If there were 2-3 ppl on server with jades, you could say this like about that guy with full nuema portal. But jades are becoming necessary if you don't want to be a meat in mass pk, while you are attacked by many ppl with +12 weaps and 130+ attack lvls.

You can prefer vit stones of course, they are not too much worse. But it doesn't change anything. I don't see how vit stones are ok and jades are "too much" since gap between them is more narrow than it used to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
    edited May 2015
    Lol, thanks for all the information that I already knew! It's so helpful when people talk about the obvious of mathematics to me and sum up the most basic of game mechanics. I'm just a simple BM, I don't understand simple concepts! Thank the lord for presenting me with someone who enjoys spelling out every basic to any small comment on the internet. b:shutup

If you know how it works, why do you spread wrong information? And it wasnt just you who was unaware how the hp passive would work, hence I posted.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People are posting so many different maths and ways to explain I wouldnt know whom to believe in anyway.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2015
    If you know how it works, why do you spread wrong information? And it wasnt just you who was unaware how the hp passive would work, hence I posted.

Simple answer: I'm not :D

EDIT: basically you'll get more HP bonus if you have Vits than you would if you had Jades. HA gets 150 HP from 1 vit, 4 vits per gear, 600 HP per gear, 6 pieces of gear, 3600 HP over Jades. 25% bonus from passive 10% from gear, 1260 HP total, 4860 HP over Jades. 4k HP is nice but still not enough to keep up with Jades, Jade still better but the gap is narrowed ever so slightly. Jades still win 100% of the time.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Simple answer: I'm not :D

EDIT: basically you'll get more HP bonus if you have Vits than you would if you had Jades. HA gets 150 HP from 1 vit, 4 vits per gear, 600 HP per gear, 6 pieces of gear, 3600 HP over Jades. 25% bonus from passive 10% from gear, 1260 HP total, 4860 HP over Jades. 4k HP is nice but still not enough to keep up with Jades, Jade still better but the gap is narrowed ever so slightly. Jades still win 100% of the time.

Vit-sharded toons will gain more HP from the passive, yes, but the passive HP gained on a jaded toon will have more defense backing it up, which you seem to be ignoring (whether deliberately or not, I can't seem to tell). Since that passive's advantage is multiplicative with both vits and jades, it scales evenly with everything. (Hell, if it weren't, jades would gain more than vits here.)
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2015
    Vit-sharded toons will gain more HP from the passive, yes, but the passive HP gained on a jaded toon will have more defense backing it up, which you seem to be ignoring (whether deliberately or not, I can't seem to tell). Since that passive's advantage is multiplicative with both vits and jades, it scales evenly with everything. (Hell, if it weren't, jades would gain more than vits here.)

I give up, you're clearly too thick. I know a lost cause when I see one.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    I give up, you're clearly too thick. I know a lost cause when I see one.

b:chuckle cute.

I'll run the numbers when I get home tomorrow and have access to my script again. Would love to see how you interpret the results.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your whole post sounds like "Ppl, please, don't get jades because you are too far ahead, and I can't afford them and it upsets me, I want to farm frags with ease too and with your jades it's becoming harder" b:chuckle

First of all, "fun" is individual for everyone. Some like pvp in squads, some prefer to be self sufficient and pk without help. 1v1 is way more challenging than group pk.
    Then, since when jades don't belong here or are overkill? If there were 2-3 ppl on server with jades, you could say this like about that guy with full nuema portal. But jades are becoming necessary if you don't want to be a meat in mass pk, while you are attacked by many ppl with +12 weaps and 130+ attack lvls.

You can prefer vit stones of course, they are not too much worse. But it doesn't change anything. I don't see how vit stones are ok and jades are "too much" since gap between them is more narrow than it used to be.

First of all, you're absolutely right. Reading back over it, my post does seem a bit whiny. Forgive me, I was up a bit late and feeling philosophical. However, please, make no mistake. It doesn't upset me that my gear isn't maxed. If you knew me, you would know I don't really have a jealous heart.

Second, you're right again! Two for two. Fun is individual. I get the whole "self sufficient" thing. I admit, it's super fun to solo Lunar, and of course, incredibly entertaining to slay a whole map of players with your own power. That feels good. I like 1v1's just fine. Especially when I'm fighting a fully jaded player. I like the challenge.

Thirdly, forgive me. The part about jades becoming "necessary if you don't want to become meat in mass pk" totally flew under my radar. I guess as a seeker, I've been spoiled by my adrenal numbness. For other classes, of course extra defense levels are needed. I don't know how I missed that, honestly. I'm not entirely sure I agree with that sentiment entirely, but I'm speaking from my experience. It was selfish and a bit narrow of me to think that others have the same experience. I just think personally, I only die in mass pk if I make a mistake. For example, if I get to eager to dive into a battle. That happens a lot, but it's something I've been working on in my last two TWs back in game. From what I've found, I think it's pretty difficult for me to die, no matter who I'm fighting, if I play smarter. Charms, auto-potters and defense charms played a huge role in upping my survivability, and so did picking my battles more wisely in TW. That's not an option you get on a PvP server though, as battles can break out anywhere and you are constantly on guard. So, I totally get where you are coming from. To put it simply, I feel like if people played smarter, rather than cashing harder, they would have more fun. That's entirely subjective though.

And please don't think that I plan on deterring players from their farming goals for my personal benefit. That isn't how I roll. I don't plan on farming jades. 9 billion is a bit much for me to pursue with my real life pursuits taking priority.

Finally, I definitely did not spend enough time developing my argument! I didn't mean to demonize jades or the people that wear them, or appear jealous. I guess I just wanted to illustrate that having the best gear is seriously overrated. That's from the experience of having many friends who went that far and watching them quit out of boredom. Also, on my server, Territory War has been dead for the last several months because of a gear gap, and I saw my friends struggling with it. Maybe I even felt responsible for the whole mess, in some sad way.
    I left game for a while to focus on my studies and music career. I returned recently to see that things only got worse in my absence. But, after spending a little time re-adapting, I got to see my faction pull our first two TW victories, two weeks in a row. I saw a brighter side, really. We didn't have the gear advantage and that inspired me I guess.

Maybe I just like the sound of my keyboard clicking. This was basically just meaningless mental masturbation. I'll refrain from pontificating about such matters in the future! I still play, after all, and don't really have the right to complain about the gear gap when I'm having so much fun right now in PvP.

Thanks for the clarity! =)
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Personally i think it depends a person goal in game for shards.. At the rate of the game now if i had to shard i would just go with vit stones just because their cheaper..I got my jades when they was about 30m per... When you really look at it attack levels will always out def levels,specially when you add in cards sets..

It's up to a person to be satified cause no matter what you do some will always out gear-spirit-attack over you..
    Bahamas represent