characters

Options
lunarstar245
lunarstar245 Posts: 55 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Do you prefer making your character similar to you or do you just create something completely different than yourself?

I'm asking this because I'm curious about why people create their characters the way they do :)

My characters are mostly designed to look similar to myself in ways. They mostlly all have blond hair, blue eyes, and etc too look more like the me.
Defiance <3

I wish someone would make me a fancy-dancey sig

Archo Server on Facebook!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I like this topic b:cute

I also made my character to look somewhat like me (long brown hair with gray eyes). I even did silly things like approximate my boob size on her lol

Some people have told me I did a good job making her look like me. Maybe she's a prettier version of me lol

If anybody cares to compare.
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nope, not even close.
    I either have made some silly looking things or girls. Can't seem to be serious when I make a guy toon and making it look like me would...well...like me be boring looking.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My main character (Cleric) I made to look close to how I look, with a bit of a boost to how I want to look.

My other characters are either,
    1. Random, completely generated based on the character type to fit the personality I will use when playing it.
    2. Targeted at a specific character design. My Wizard looks very similar to Harry Dresden from the SciFi tv series. I've made characters from anime/manga (not the **** like pokemon, ty. Real anime), or like other characters from games or other media.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lunarstar245
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I like this topic b:cute

I also made my character to look somewhat like me (long brown hair with gray eyes). I even did silly things like approximate my boob size on her lol

Some people have told me I did a good job making her look like me. Maybe she's a prettier version of me lol

If anybody cares to compare.

lol same mine has large **** and large butt because I have those irl b:surrender
    Defiance <3

• ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    lol same mine has large **** and large butt because I have those irl b:surrender

But I did give my toon a smaller waist b:chuckle
  • lunarstar245
    edited May 2015
    Options
    But I did give my toon a smaller waist b:chuckle

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle same
    Defiance <3

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Varies from character to character for me.

Most are more made for their personality, though.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My toons that are male are a reflection of how I would "like to look" in real life.

Could not make them look like me as PWI did not have a preset for "creepy looking, bald, fat, middle aged man". b:chuckle

When I made my first female toon I was clueless about customization so she is kinda plain looking. But I won't give her a makeover because after almost 7 years I have grown very attached to how she looks...she would not be the same person after a makeover.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Each of my characters tells a story.
    I think of a name and a diverse background I want to give my character and then I mold them in the best way to follow their story and theme.
    Deffy is a bit of an exception, I'm a guy so I made her look like my ideal woman b:laugh . But then again, I gave her a story that would fit that role, so you could say she follows the pattern.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lunarstar245
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Could not make them look like me as PWI did not have a preset for "creepy looking, bald, fat, middle aged man". b:chuckle

Do it!!!!!
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Varies from character to character for me.

Most are more made for their personality, though.
    As for personality my toons have one and that is mine xD I tried making my toons different like my mystic had pink hair and pink cutesy fashion because she was suppose to be the cuter, innocent side of me but then I said naaaaaaaaaah and changed her to match my cleric and bm
    Defiance <3

• geirskokul
    edited May 2015
    Options

Can absolutely be made, I made one like that and named him SirLoinOBeef.
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    geirskokul wrote: »
    Can absolutely be made, I made one like that and named him SirLoinOBeef.

I wanna see a screen shot.
  • geirskokul
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I wanna see a screen shot.

ok, not something I exactly put very much effort into lol.
    The name came to me so I had to use it.
    Rarely bring him out, just occasionally to wander through where people are pvping to "scold" them for their bad behavior.
    So the look I wanted was simple... a kind clueless older fellow that had a sense of authority.
    Like a small town judge that thinks he matters.

2015-05-22%2011-57-21_zpstxbnluag.png
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ok, not something I exactly put very much effort into lol.
    The name came to me so I had to use it.
    Rarely bring him out, just occasionally to wander through where people are pvping to "scold" them for their bad behavior.
    So the look I wanted was simple... a kind clueless older fellow that had a sense of authority.
    Like a small town judge that thinks he matters.

2015-05-22%2011-57-21_zpstxbnluag.png

He's pretty sexy though b:kissb:dirty
  • geirskokul
    edited May 2015
    Options
    He's pretty sexy though b:kissb:dirty

and politically connected, he's the mayor of South Archosaur and assistant advisor to the elder (or whatever similar nonsense I end up typing when I use him)
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    and politically connected, he's the mayor of South Archosaur and assistant advisor to the elder (or whatever similar nonsense I end up typing when I use him)

Hehe. Marry me so I can share your connections.
  • geirskokul
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If for no other reason it's a fun name to have above your head lol.
    Made a young mobster looking DB the other day named MarsCapone too.

Make all these damn alts because I have a fun idea for either a look or a name and then never use them lol. Tried making The Red Skull but can't seem to get the nose to cave in with ini edits.
  • lunarstar245
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ty Kossy for fixing my earlier post, i was using my phone xD

If for no other reason it's a fun name to have above your head lol.
    Made a young mobster looking DB the other day named MarsCapone too.

Make all these damn alts because I have a fun idea for either a look or a name and then never use them lol. Tried making The Red Skull but can't seem to get the nose to cave in with ini edits.

and Lol mobster db
    Defiance <3

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I mostly just try to make my toons look good. Although I tend to give both the male/female toons long hair because I prefer it (maybe because mine is really long). All have a verity of different hair styles, colors, and names.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If I would make a character similar to me( assuming that I would ever make a male character) no one would want to squad with me. They would say they dont want to have nightmares just by looking at me.b:cry
    giphy.gif

• lunarstar245
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I mostly just try to make my toons look good. Although I tend to give both the male/female toons long hair because I prefer it (maybe because mine is really long). All have a verity of different hair styles, colors, and names.b:pleased

most of my characters have a similar name, meaning they mostly all have Star in it. That is because since I was younger I've always had a fascination with stars and night time. My Xbox gamer tag and several screen names have Star in it. I actually plan on getting a tattoo of a star or group of stars soon.

If I would make a character similar to me( assuming that I would ever make a male character) no one would want to squad with me. They would say they dont want to have nightmares just by looking at me.b:cry

Awwww don't think that way :(
    Defiance <3

• ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kinda like how I'm always <something>Angel because Angel was my dog (she's passed away now). She was so special to me b:cute

Except for my baby wiz who is named after the English translation of my name, and my sb who is named based on my Once Upon a Time obsession.
  • lunarstar245
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kinda like how I'm always <something>Angel because Angel was my dog (she's passed away now). She was so special to me b:cute

Except for my baby wiz who is named after the English translation of my name, and my sb who is named based on my Once Upon a Time obsession.

What's your sbs name :o
    Defiance <3

• ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What's your sbs name :o

ChippedCup. It's just a nod to Belle and Rumpelstiltskin as they're my favorite characters in the show. I doubt many people would really make the connection on their own.
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have many characters ranging from my demon seeker Ominislash, which from the look resembles final fantasy advent Childrens cloud strife, which most of my alts are the limit breaks names from the game like my cleric greatgospel, and my archer highwinds ,to my second alt Megabuster because I'm a huge fan, my main Ravensfeill is different, in rl we both share the same spiky hair and dark skin , he has face tatoos the reselmble of of my scars on my cheek currently i have no eyes from int , in which they used to be silver and i edited him nearly eternally snarling , each time i gain more gear and equipment i make my toon look as if hes losing his humanity , looking more demonic and becoming an oni, the red hair is a running joke i make all my toons in any game dark skinned gingers i have black hair in rl lol, currently working on sb but for the life of me cant figure out how to do much interesting stuff with it yet.
  • lunarstar245
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ChippedCup. It's just a nod to Belle and Rumpelstiltskin as they're my favorite characters in the show. I doubt many people would really make the connection on their own.

i like hook & emma more
    each time i gain more gear and equipment i make my toon look as if hes losing his humanity , looking more demonic and becoming an oni

that is really well thought out and cool xD
    Defiance <3