Restore DQ and Gear Value to NPC!

Options
FluffyBlades - Dreamweaver
FluffyBlades - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Suggestion Box
It's been about a year n a half since I played PWI only to come back and find out that making money has become next to impossible. I loved to farm DQ items just to sell to the NPC because of there worth it was my main income to buy things in game and now I can't do that because they are worthless! Please put the gear and DQ items back to the way they always where so that I may enjoy the game. I cant leave clients running to always have a shop open to make money wile AFK I simply don't have the time and my laptop be able to handle it. Since the DQ and Gear have no value whats so ever in game now I simply have little desire to play because I can't make money they way I did for 5 years. I am upset that the only way to get coin it seems like now is to spend real money to buy Gold and sell it, which I simply can't do either. Please please please restore the items back to the way they where.b:surrender
Post edited by FluffyBlades - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    There are still a lot of ways to make money in the game. If you aren't comfortable merchanting, I'd recommend you give Jolly Old Jones a try. You can take his quests on one toon per account every day; that toon just has to be at least level 20 and no higher than 79 (someone correct me if I'm off a bit). The only purpose of his quests is money (from levels 71-79, 158k for talking to him and 88k for each quest you do up to 7 quests per day). It's a nice chunk of change and might help fill the void left from the price nerf on drops. Some people keep an alt in the 70s for him.

If you don't like that, I'm sure some other people will make better suggestions.
  • FluffyBlades - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Problem is I'm lvl 100
  • lunarstar245
    lunarstar245 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nation wars and pstones are how I prefer to make the moneys. People always need pstones and people always need raps, cannies, or sows. You can make a lot of money both ways.
    Defiance <3

I wish someone would make me a fancy-dancey sig

Archo Server on Facebook!
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    See? Star came in with a better suggestion b:laugh

And I understand if you aren't ready to rebirth yet/have already rebirthed/don't want to level another toon just for jolly, but maybe trying a new toon would be fun? We do have a new race after all.

But yeah, go nw b:bye
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh I have tryed them all but like to stick to 1 toon. I would do NW but it's way to lagy for me so I don't get much of anything out of it.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh I have tryed them all but like to stick to 1 toon. I would do NW but it's way to lagy for me so I don't get much of anything out of it.
    If you want to start a thread in the Tech Support forum with your dxdiag output and a link to a published Speccy report, I may be able to help you with the FPS drops in NW. (If it really is lag/latency, then I'll need other info. Check my sticky in that forum for details.)

NW and FWS/TT are some good ways to earn if you don't like merchandising, or don't have a good base to work with.

You can't just sit and bot anymore thanks to the botting issues in China. Not really much PWE can do about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can take his quests on one toon per account every day; that toon just has to be at least level 20 and no higher than 79 (someone correct me if I'm off a bit).

You are only off by one level. Level 21 is the start and Level 80 is the highest.

Each Jolly quest level is sectioned off like this...
    21-30
    31-40
    41-50
    51-60
    61-70
    71-80

You can only have 1 character for each grouping. So if you have a level 41 person and a level 51 person, they can both get Jolly stuff without interfering with one another. On the other hand, if you have two level 71-80 people, only one would be able to do it. You can also rebirth and get Jolly stuff up through level 80.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You are only off by one level. Level 21 is the start and Level 80 is the highest.

Each Jolly quest is sectioned off like this...
    21-30
    31-40
    41-50
    51-60
    61-70
    71-80

You can only have 1 character for each grouping. So if you have a level 41 person and a level 51 person, they can both get Jolly stuff without interfering with one another. On the other hand, if you have two level 71-80 people, only one would be able to do it. You can also rebirth and get Jolly stuff up through level 80.

Oh thanks for the info :)
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am ok with restoring DQ items back to old price as long as they will remove the auto cultivation system. This way you will have to grind manualy to make money. And since ppl are lazy not so many will do this and the gold price wont be ****ed up.
    giphy.gif

• celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I can certainly appreciate your problem, FluffyBlades. The price in shops for a 11* and a 12* D orb for refining is 7-800 MILLION coins. Now, you can make about 100 Million a month IF you have 7-8 accounts loaded with Jolly Jones alts. Go figure.

P stones are good, but you can't make enough in a month to match that, or even close. Head Hunter rewards now and then give 2M or 5M, again not enough. It's a gamble if you even get any, like most things in pwi.

If you run Warsong and TT for hours every day, you can manufacture and sell equipment, but even the price for S3 pieces has gone steadily down, so the profit margin compared to the amount of time spent is very low. When the average (non heavy cash shopper) player can't afford to buy goods from shops everyone suffers.

Nation Wars - eh, prices there are down too and there's a cost to manufacture items to sell. If you're like me you'll blow a huge chunk, if not all, of an expensive HP charm in every one.

The problem with all of the above is that everyone's doing it.

At that rate, yes - DQ and equipment drops can help a LOT.

The solution seems simple - restore values and take out the auto cultivation system. That seems to be 'way too hard for pwi to do to keep players happy. In short, they don't care. We've begged, we've pleaded, we've threatened to quit (yes, it will come to that) and they simply don't care.

For a long time now they've promised a new DQ rewards 'system'. The last Admin/GM that posted here that in truth that just wasn't going to happen has not been seen or heard from again.

So, unless you cash shop a lot, be prepared for it to take a long, long, time to improve your toon.
    edited May 2015
    Options
    what is auto cultivation?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    Options
    what is auto cultivation?

The crappy bot that is now built-in on the client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Finally some one gets what I'm getting at. Thank you all for all the helpful tips and suggestions.
  • lunarstar245
    lunarstar245 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

Nation Wars - eh, prices there are down too and there's a cost to manufacture items to sell. If you're like me you'll blow a huge chunk, if not all, of an expensive HP charm in every one.

I make about 100-145 tokens each nw, I convert that to raps and on arch I can make a few mil every nw. I use the event gold charms so I don't worry about breaking charms. Since I'm a cleric I understand that there are differences in my costs/winnings compared to others.
    Defiance <3

I wish someone would make me a fancy-dancey sig

Archo Server on Facebook!