arc freezes

Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Support Desk
I just got an arc update within the last hr or so and now it freezes whenever i log in on it. plz fix this.
The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
Post edited by Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just got an arc update within the last hr or so and now it freezes whenever i log in on it. plz fix this.

who are you adressisng in general discussion to fix arc?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015

Most likely, it's an issue with your AV software, but there's a few other possibilities as well. Whatever it is though, it's most likely (read 99.99999999%) an issue specific to your PC.

Read my sticky thread for tips. Post the information I need to help if you aren't able to resolve it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    Most likely, it's an issue with your AV software, but there's a few other possibilities as well. Whatever it is though, it's most likely (read 99.99999999%) an issue specific to your PC.

Read my sticky thread for tips. Post the information I need to help if you aren't able to resolve it.

This isnt related to my AV software. its related to the arc update that i got yesterday. its caused my arc to freeze up or run really slow. Plus it was working fine before the update, so pw screwed up something with the update.

PS, its also not specific to my PC either, ive done like bout half a dozen repair arcs and its still freezing up. so reinstalling arc just wont work this time.

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This isnt related to my AV software.
    (gives no information related to his AV software, and any steps used to isolate ARC from AV scans)
    its also not specific to my PC either
    (gives no indication he tried to install ARC on any other PCs, or indication that others are having the same problem)

Real quality troubleshooting there. Thumbs up. [/sarcasm]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    (gives no information related to his AV software, and any steps used to isolate ARC from AV scans)

(gives no indication he tried to install ARC on any other PCs, or indication that others are having the same problem)

Real quality troubleshooting there. Thumbs up. [/sarcasm]

*gives no solutions to the problem, nice going there.* Plus i only have 1 PC and my AV software has nothing to do with this. its all on the arc update i got recently. My AV scan goes through pwi and its contents. (Avast at your service) Some really nice comeback on the troubleshooting aspect. (sarcasm 101)

• NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Before this thread deteriorates further I'm going to attempt to fix the conversation...

Vanflyheight, since you only have 1 computer, you can not say with certainty that it isn't specific to your computer. Also, the fact that it works on mine says that the problem does lie with your system. As for the AV issue, it is not that you want the AV scanning Arc and PWI, it's that you DON'T want it scanning them. It can cause serious issues. Sylen may be able to help you fix the problem, but needs some information that he explains how to obtain in his stickies.

Now, that said, considering the recent Windows XP debacle with Arc. If you are running XP, I feel that more issues are bound to crop up for, possibly, hard to determine reasons. Removing and reinstalling Arc may solve some of these issues (as it did last time), but it is apparent that they are definitely not trying to support that system much.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see my sarcasm produced some actually relevant information, unlike most of these threads. Now go read Sylen's thread so you can provide some actually useful information.

And I'm not here to provide a solution... I'm not a system expert like Sylen or NRG. But I do know enough about troubleshooting (I'm an electronic tech by trade, troubleshooting's part of my skillset) to tell when an argument is full of bovine waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    This isnt related to my AV software. its related to the arc update that i got yesterday. its caused my arc to freeze up or run really slow. Plus it was working fine before the update, so pw screwed up something with the update.

PS, its also not specific to my PC either, ive done like bout half a dozen repair arcs and its still freezing up. so reinstalling arc just wont work this time.
    Ok, let me put it this way.....

I have 11 PC's I use with a variety of OS's. (I don't run Win 8 or 8.1 on any of them and never plan to.)

Out of these PC's, only two of them had any issue after the update.

The first, would not launch properly, or ran very slow. This PC is Windows 10, 64-bit and has Bitdefender installed on it.
    Re-installing the softare several times did not resolve it, even went as far as wiping the registry entries for Arc, no change.
    Solution... Turns out I hadn't excluded the Arc folder from the AV scans. After excluding it and re-installing Arc afterwards, Arc fired up and ran just fine.
    NOTE: This is almost EXACTLY the same issue you are describing.

The second, Arc just ran really slow, and wouldn't properly launch the clients. Didn't have any issues with opening it initially, but after that it was ****. This PC is Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit and has Windows Defender on it currently.
    Solution... Just ran the ArcRepair tool and it corrected some file that had managed to get corrupted. Might have been a registry entry also, but based on the actions of the repair tool, it replaced corrupted files.

If you are going to continue to complain about no one providing answers, I'll just ignore you.
    If you want a possible solution, I'll need a lot more detail. What exactly you have done, (in intricate detail), and a link to a published Speccy log so I can look for other system/software issues that could cause a problem with this update.

You should also note, since you are the ONLY one posting about having an issue with this update here, it's obviously not a problem with Arc. If it were an issue with Arc, it would be affecting many more people and we would see a lot more posts on this. (Just like we did recently with the old XP users a couple of updates ago.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miastars - Harshlands
    Miastars - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    probably gonna run my win xp down though
  • sashka2015
    sashka2015 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have same problem after last update. Before that everything worked fine. (Win XP)
  • Moriquendi - Dreamweaver
    Moriquendi - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am also having this problem, on trying to enter redeem code for a JJ blessing arc freezes, and its showing 3 arc browsers open in Task Manager, i asked my fac mates if there arc was running ok they all say yes its fine so i know its my pc, im still on XP, and did wonder if my AV had something to do with this. This post confirms my suspicions, that its my end and not arc.
    edited June 2015
    I have tried putting arc in exceptions in my AV even disabling my AV wile I launch arc, but nothing works, when i click on arrow to redeem code the box is blank and everything freezes, also freezes if i click on anything else, and i have to go into task manager to close arc, guess i will now be playing without any blessings b:cry
  • dragonpig
    dragonpig Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have tried putting arc in exceptions in my AV even disabling my AV wile I launch arc, but nothing works, when i click on arrow to redeem code the box is blank and everything freezes, also freezes if i click on anything else, and i have to go into task manager to close arc, guess i will now be playing without any blessings b:cry

happened to me today, the problem lies with new arc file.
    pm me if u want to know my fix. thank you. b:bye
    edited June 2015
    dragonpig wrote: »
    happened to me today, the problem lies with new arc file.
    pm me if u want to know my fix. thank you. b:bye

How do i pm you for fix?
  • dragonpig
    dragonpig Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How do i pm you for fix?

to send pm, go to the blue color hyperlinked "Private Messages", then go to "Send New Message".

anyway, i just sent u a pm, pls have a look. take care. b:bye