Dealing with Duskblades

Viktorian - Archosaur
Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Cleric
To all the g16 clerics out there,
How are yall dealing with the duskblade stun/paralyze lock? The only reliable ways out seem to be:
-Avoid it alltogether with a Vacuity
-Expel and move away
-AD and sleep/sog
-Faith

Going to ignore any post that says to get rrr9 weapon for puri proc.
Also if anyone has a video of a G16(not rrr9) cleric fighting duskblades, please post a link to either the video(s) or the channel
Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
[SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
Post edited by Viktorian - Archosaur on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To all the g16 clerics out there
    [...]

Purify won't help a lot against paralyze anyway, so maybe R9.3 people could have good advice as well ?
    I'm interested by any tip as well.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To all the g16 clerics out there,
    How are yall dealing with the duskblade stun/paralyze lock? The only reliable ways out seem to be:
    -Avoid it alltogether with a Vacuity
    -Expel and move away
    -AD and sleep/sog
    -Faith

Also if anyone has a video of a G16(not rrr9) cleric fighting duskblades, please post a link to either the video(s) or the channel

First things first, I need to get this off my chest.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The paralyze aka purple stun, cannot be purified by purify proc and cannot be stopped with an anti stun via vacuity or any anti stun skill. Expel will only work to an extent saying said duskblade does not have water buff from a wizzie or an elemental attack shard in their weapon. Yes AD will work if timed right and as far as I am aware faith will not help against the paralyze. Other alternitives if timed correctly would be apoths such as Ironguard powder, Sutra power orbs, and Pan Gu's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Get RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR9 for purify proc. b:laugh

Same way you deal with a BM stunlock, really.

-Hope they suck at their luck and exploit the holes they leave

or

-Learn their rotation and use that to take advantage of a portion of the lock you can break out of to counter attack (IE: Know they're about to stun so hit an anti-stun right as it comes in to throw them off guard and then counter with SotG or somesuch to put yourself in a good position)

or

-Be completely immune to them in the first place (be it via expel, AD, or faith) and take advantage of that to try and keep the fight in your favor, possibly while using the cleric version of a lock.

Para makes it more difficult than a classic stunlock because it's the one thing you can't break out of and only have a few ways to avoid but aside from that it's business as usual.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All 4 duskblade teleports go through expel. As well as our sleep skill. Expel can be a bad option versus an experienced duskblade.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Purify won't help a lot against paralyze anyway, so maybe R9.3 people could have good advice as well ?
    I'm interested by any tip as well.
    First things first, I need to get this off my chest.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The paralyze aka purple stun, cannot be purified by purify proc and cannot be stopped with an anti stun via vacuity or any anti stun skill. Expel will only work to an extent saying said duskblade does not have water buff from a wizzie or an elemental attack shard in their weapon. Yes AD will work if timed right and as far as I am aware faith will not help against the paralyze. Other alternitives if timed correctly would be apoths such as Ironguard powder, Sutra power orbs, and Pan Gu's.

Was well aware of these. I also said stun, as duskblades do stun/immoblize

Also there doesnt seem to be any help other then "the moment ur caught, ur *****"
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I already gave a serious answer after the joke, did you miss it entirely or something?

You yourself pointed out they use more than para.

Learn how your opponent rotates their skills and use that to your advantage. Para is the only one that you can't break out of and/or need total immunity/faith to prevent. Learn how your opponent operates (as well as the costs and limitations of their para skills) and use that to your advantage to break out during a moment when they don't have a para on you. It's difficult, but as long as you're not too heavily outclassed in gear/skill (assuming you aren't in low end gear like G15 Nirvana and below at +5 or whatever in which case yeah you're gonna die even to equal gear with ease once they get you) you will get the chance to do so.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tek1nig
    edited May 2015
    Hmm - The normal learn your enemy is the learn the rotation. Duskblades have more than 1 rotation of combo's and can reverse them to achieve the same effect simply to circumvent your attempt at retaliation. I must say that playing a duskblade is by far the most strategic combo class I've played and I'm really happy with it thus far.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Hmm - The normal learn your enemy is the learn the rotation. Duskblades have more than 1 rotation of combo's and can reverse them to achieve the same effect simply to circumvent your attempt at retaliation. I must say that playing a duskblade is by far the most strategic combo class I've played and I'm really happy with it thus far.

Seeing as this is a How to Not get ***** over by a Duskblade, if you were a Cleric/Magic Class and were being locked down by this, what would you do?
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You get a barb to raging slap them or a sin with brains to stealth you and move away. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    I was posing this as a 1v1 Situation. In a Mass PvP situation, I would have expected the duskblade to be stunned or dealt with in such a way that I could move away.
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • tek1nig
    edited May 2015
    I was posing this as a 1v1 Situation. In a Mass PvP situation, I would have expected the duskblade to be stunned or dealt with in such a way that I could move away.

Faith seems to work wonders if you properly time the faith right after our first charge skill rotation. b:angry
    VWjvQZ8.jpg