Refer a Friend

Options
tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Would you invite friends back to the game at this point?

New Referral Program coming Click here !!!
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If the friends I know that have left wanted to be back, they'd be back. Helping PWE to spam their e-mails (or however this is supposed to get your old friends to know to come back) isn't all that high on my list of priorities.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If the friends I know that have left wanted to be back, they'd be back. Helping PWE to spam their e-mails (or however this is supposed to get your old friends to know to come back) isn't all that high on my list of priorities.

I think it is a spam feature. Prodding and poking that persons email until you see x10000000 emails from a group of people. Not certain how this will rock but I can see myself blacklisting the email instantly if I see it xD
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    stinks of desperation, will be abused as all hell by people with multi accounts/accounts of old players that quit

even nicer for those that abused the hell out of the illusionary stone for free lvl 100 for bhs, pv openers, buffers, poops and giggles, etc...now that people got thier 14 day tier award on alt accounts time to keep em logged out next 3 weeks!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If the friends I know that have left wanted to be back, they'd be back.

This x1000.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Multiple choice vote fail. I clicked all three. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If PWE wants me to do their work for them. They better give me better rewards. I want a +10 orb for every person I get to come back, cause it will be a challenge.

Also, OPKossy you might want to start a sticky already about how this new feature doesnt work.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    lol I can see tons of abuse with this.

Nevermind the fact that a lot of people have lvl 95+ alt from the illu stone. Leave them logged out 20 days, log them in and get rewards...

How about this... Make a better game that people want to come back to.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I like how the email mentions all these new instances that an old player wouldn't know about in the first place.
    edited May 2015
    Options
    lol I can see tons of abuse with this.

Nevermind the fact that a lot of people have lvl 95+ alt from the illu stone. Leave them logged out 20 days, log them in and get rewards...

How about this... Make a better game that people want to come back to.

Supposedly they track the IP addresses for the accounts created to prevent that kind of abuse.

We used to have support too though....
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Supposedly they track the IP addresses for the accounts created to prevent that kind of abuse.

We used to have support too though....
    b:surrender

Because logging it at your mothers house won't work? b:chuckle
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ridiculous idea when so many things about this game are FUBAR.

Didn't there used to be a referral program way back when?

So PWI is paying someone to come up with more new stupid ideas but they can't provide customer support or a community manager or active GMs for those that DO still play.

I am STILL missing a toon from the January 8th crash with my tickets now closed/deleted.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Because logging it at your mothers house won't work? b:chuckle
    Yeah, it would, for one, assuming that you only ever log in that new account on at your mothers house.b:chuckle

If I wanted to, I could easily set up about 15 different IP addresses to use around the globe right now. That's not even counting setting up a TOR proxy or something similar, just what I have access to right now. (I'm not normal people though, so there's that too...)
    Ridiculous idea when so many things about this game are FUBAR.

Didn't there used to be a referral program way back when?

So PWI is paying someone to come up with more new stupid ideas but they can't provide customer support or a community manager or active GMs for those that DO still play.

I am STILL missing a toon from the January 8th crash with my tickets now closed/deleted.
    Keep in mind that the FUBAR aspects of the client are managed completely separate from PWE's team in the US. Marketing and management are also two separate aspects, so it's not that surprising at all.

Client = Wanmei/PW-China
    Marketing/Management for PWI = PWE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah, it would, for one, assuming that you only ever log in that new account on at your mothers house.b:chuckle

If I wanted to, I could easily set up about 15 different IP addresses to use around the globe right now. That's not even counting setting up a TOR proxy or something similar, just what I have access to right now. (I'm not normal people though, so there's that too...)

Keep in mind that the FUBAR aspects of the client are managed completely separate from PWE's team in the US. Marketing and management are also two separate aspects, so it's not that surprising at all.

Client = Wanmei/PW-China
    Marketing/Management for PWI = PWE

Pretty sure they aren't checking IP at all, especially not past first log in. Even IP bans don't pick up accoounts that haven't been logged for a certain amount of time. Maybe they track mac ip, not sure... Pretty sure 50% of people online have vpn service.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Maybe. Depends on what is entailed with it, but I do still enjoy the game and log in daily when I can.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If the rewards are any good all it will do it get people to quit for 20 days and refer themselves with another account or make a dummy account and leave it idle for a few weeks etc.

Actually getting people to legitimately come back is probably not going to happen in any meaningful way. If they didn't come back for the log in event, they probably don't care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

I very much doubt that support would track abuse. They've not done so with thirdparty botting in the past, and they've got even fewer people now. If it's abusable, then it will be abused liberally, mark my words.

I've got mixed feelings about this. It's nice to have an incentive to get people back, but... at the same time, create an alt account, park it for 3 weeks, then use it again to boost both the alt and your main account XP-wise. I'm not sure how substantial the rewards are but the potential for abuse is there.

Aside from that, the game's quality could be worked on to entice people to return. There are repeated issues with high latency (most likely not PWI's fault but they could still ride their service providers for poor connection quality). Support ticket handling hasn't exactly improved over time. And all the new content can be overwhelming to figure out for players who've been out of the loop a while, there's no real ingame guide to all the ways to improve your toons. Enforcement of game TOS/rules is also virtually nonexistant - with these forums being the notable exception, thanks to the active mods here.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • trolltroll
    trolltroll Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In general: it's good that the marketing department is trying to do something for PWI.

But I suppose most people had only in-game contact to in-game "friends". Mainly TW faction members tend to be connected to each other with additional social medias. All others lose contact when their friends quit.

And I also believe that many will try to scam the system. Account sharing is a normal habit, many people give away their account data when they quit.

What else could they do with limited staff? Imo they lost the contact to their player base. To get in touch again, they should do GM events in the new unused areas (homeland of the Nightshades and Celestial Vale) at the weekends. Let some random bosses spawn or do hide and seek events. (Let e.g. pirate sky drake spawn at a few different locations at the same time, if you do this at prime time at weekend at starter areas, newbies will see that there are still other gamers around in this game).

Of course the GMs will receive a lot of hateful spam when they login to their stepchild servers. But that's their job, they have to be able to deal with stuff like this.

Funny side note: why is Jesus 77. There are ongoing rumors that he died with 32. Others say he's a cheater which managed to get reawaken while beeing just 32. b:laugh
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    no I wouldn't invite anyone to this game. They have broken this game so much that a new player cant get anywhere. Back in the day the dq's we got from questing barely covered repairs new npc gear and potions. I wouldn't want any new player have to fight their way through this without the proper money to get leveled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just noticed this.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/ab/d5/abd5506efb5b82f73e656784fba6e0851432086080.jpg

A box to check to ignore this for a week. So this annoying piece of **** is going to pop up unless we check? How desperate is PWE to gain old members back when they will spam you once a week.

If they fixed their **** that made the players leave in the first place, they would come back.
    Its the GMS/PWEs fault they left, but want the players to get them back.

Bunch of lazy *****.

Here is a challenge for any GM on these forums.

Name 1 thing that you have fixed, that would bring old players back.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't understand why PWE doesn't just mass mail to inactive accounts, like it can surely do. I'm always glad to see old friends coming back, but I don't feel like spamming ppl whom I don't keep in touch with outside the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Because spam is easily ignored, but social pressure from friends is not. It's an insidious means to get people back to a game they left.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Options
    They probably aren't allowed to spam emails on their own, especially if the person has unsubbed from emails, but having "friends" do it is perfectly fine.

Wonder how many of those friends emails have been deactivated because of not being used etc.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    For some reason there is a picture of 2 sheep in the article. Is PWE trying to subliminally suggest we're sheep?

\not that they're wrong
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    For some reason there is a picture of 2 sheep in the article. Is PWE trying to subliminally suggest we're sheep?

So I'm not the only one that questioned this...
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Go out my flock, go and gather up those who have wandered from the herd.

In other news, lamb chops in the cafeteria tonight!
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

I don't want to ruin the fun thought of that, but...
    PWE wrote:
    This quest can be done by the returning player once a day and will reward both players with costume items...

To be honest this is a very Chinese thing. This is the year of the Sheep (or Goat).
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    b:laugh Heck, I deleted all my old friends that don't play anymore. I need room to add all the alts b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't understand why PWE doesn't just mass mail to inactive accounts, like it can surely do. I'm always glad to see old friends coming back, but I don't feel like spamming ppl whom I don't keep in touch with outside the game.
    They used to do this a few years ago. It stopped shortly after they added the option to filter advertising mail on your accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The rewards seem like they suck for all the spamming and hassle. I won't be a part of that.

Hey PWE, why don't you just merge servers already and save yourselves the money and us the hassle?
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The rewards seem like they suck for all the spamming and hassle. I won't be a part of that.

Hey PWE, why don't you just merge servers already and save yourselves the money and us the hassle?

This^^^^