It's been a long time

Options
Payne - Dreamweaver
Payne - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
b:chuckle

Exactly as the title states. I quit a few years ago...I think around the time earthguards came out? I was thinking about starting up again but I got some questions about the current state of the game.

1. I main a veno and I had a heavy armor fox build going. Is it still an acceptable endgame build or is it still apps or gtfo?

2. How are the servers holding up? When I left Dreamweaver was pretty desolate even in newbie zones.

3. Are there reasonable means for obtaining endgame gear without having to dump a few hundred $$$ into the cash shop?

4. Does everyone still frost to max level? What are the alternatives if any?

5. Personal veno thing. In the earthguard expansion none of the new mobs were tameable. Have there been any/many new things tameable since?

Thanks in advance and inb4 use search. ~
Post edited by Payne - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    First of all, welcome back, if you are coming back that is.

1. Personally, I think it's a nice PVP build but with the Rank 9 stuff it may be a hindrance in damage.

2. Not part of that server, but in Archosaur, the newbie areas seem okay-ish.

3. If you can farm, you can get endgame. Seemingly it has become easier as much coin is available in the game without spending real cash in it. Of course spending real cash would vastly hasten the process.

4. Frost is dead, since no more Hypers in there since... November? I think. PV is back in action.

5. Can't answer, I have no experience in that area.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    1.HA veno for pve or hell..even PvP is ****,maybe for fun but usually **** dmg.

2.Servers..well im in HT and I never have a problem and I been in it going on over 6 years.We had our qwerks but not like the other servers have.

3.Yeah you can do jolly jones on 200000 alts a day for free coin.Other than that just get to 100 and Reawaken x2 then..

bleh just get on the game and find out for yourself.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    1. I main a veno and I had a heavy armor fox build going. Is it still an acceptable endgame build or is it still apps or gtfo?

pvp end-game is r9rr or gtfo. Or honestly, just spam fortify+feral and sutras/igs and go purge and you'll be fine regardless of gear. But if you wanna do more than just that, then yeah. r9rr or gtfo.

pve gear doesn't matter so long as you have like 6k hp unbuffed. There are a few exceptions.
    2. How are the servers holding up? When I left Dreamweaver was pretty desolate even in newbie zones.

A server merge is needed for basically every server, but it won't happen.
    3. Are there reasonable means for obtaining endgame gear without having to dump a few hundred $$$ into the cash shop?

No plus you'll need a few months of dailies on top of gear.

No. It's all questing and PV now. Quest exp has been massively increased.
    5. Personal veno thing. In the earthguard expansion none of the new mobs were tameable. Have there been any/many new things tameable since?

Level 101 dino in Morai and a few mobs in the new starter area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    1. Yes, HA veno is fine. G16 gear is perfectly fine if you stick with HA veno build since there are no rank options for a HA veno. And yes if you go g16 you can do pvp and not suck. Honestly there is so much less attitude about gear/builds, anyone can do everything in anything pretty much, so no need to worry about it, do you boo :3

2. I play on Sanct and seems active enough to me.

3. That depends on your definition of reasonable I guess. The short answer is maybe, the long answer is yes, the lazy answer is no, at least in my opinion. It depends on your level of patience, how much time you have to invest per day (how much farming you're willing to do), if/how you catshop/merch, how much you go to NW (tokens is tokens, even if it's just 10 XD). I don't really see much in the way of "easy" money (besides jollyjones, and that's a limited timeframe if you're considering also leveling to 100+), but if you do stuff, you'll make money, just not at cash-shopper speed. Just see what you're capable of and have reasonable expectations and don't try to compare your gear status to players who've been consistently playing for even 1 year so far (comparing yourself to others is the fastest way to get discouraged, never do it, see it as a goal to reach, don't beat yourself up for not being there instantly). Buy as little from other people as possible, and craft as much yourself as you can.

4. Hypers don't work there now so no one does it. PV is the new Frost. Reflection is ok too. My long-con game for leveling is, do enough quests to get to 40, stop questing and only bh/pv from 40-95, do Morai quests and use Morai xp orbs + bh/pv 95-100. Then rebirth and start over, only this time do all the quests you haven't done while doing all the other stuff I mentioned. It can take me personally 2-4 months to level a new char that way depending on how lazy I am, and I am pretty lazy XD Quest xp has grown a lot, and it's worth even more so when you rebirth the first time. The benefit to rebirthing actually relates to question 3 as well; you really need to rebirth 2x to be comparable to most people at a baseline now, and that'll give you more time to work on endgame gear and skills etc.

5. The dino in Morai is really the only new slightly useful thing I can think of, they don't really do much in the way of tamable new things these days. There are 2 new battle pets in the cash shop that are pretty neat, but you already can guess they're pretty pricy.
  • Payne - Dreamweaver
    Payne - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the replies im in now. And I stopped pvping after r9 came, but im interested in pve raiding. It seems like there's alot of new mechanics like rebirth and I see venos got a new transformation. Money isn't really the issue but I prefer farming gear if possible. Assume I only play a few hours a day, I don't want to spend months aiming for one piece of gear so I have no intention of getting r9. And G16 is Nirvana right?

Im still in old TT gear so I have much catching up to do.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the replies im in now. And I stopped pvping after r9 came, but im interested in pve raiding. It seems like there's alot of new mechanics like rebirth and I see venos got a new transformation. Money isn't really the issue but I prefer farming gear if possible. Assume I only play a few hours a day, I don't want to spend months aiming for one piece of gear so I have no intention of getting r9. And G16 is Nirvana right?

Im still in old TT gear so I have much catching up to do.

If you're still in TT gear, it might be easier honestly to just start fresh. There is a lot of gear and exp handed out just by questing now, so you'd get back to business pretty quickly. If you really don't want to though, rebirthing will reset you to level 1 (you level 4x as fast the first time back to 100 and 3.5 times as fast the second time around, so it's not as bad as it sounds) and reset your stat points for free though should you decide you no longer want to be HA.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    b:chuckle

Exactly as the title states. I quit a few years ago...I think around the time earthguards came out? I was thinking about starting up again but I got some questions about the current state of the game.

Thanks in advance and inb4 use search. ~

Can you give me your email address and hang off coming back for a couple of weeks, perhaps till new patch is launched b:chuckle
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I still say that HA veno is pointless unless sage tbh. but still dmg is **** but you got the defenses. better off going arcane and getting p def orns than going HA and getting m def orns. Fought many HA veno's in nw this year and none could kill me cuz lack of damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • lunarstar245
    lunarstar245 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

PV is the new Frost.

PV has always been there for leveling, no one really cared until they lost FC....
    Defiance <3

I wish someone would make me a fancy-dancey sig

Archo Server on Facebook!