Server Network Error

Viktorian - Archosaur
Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
What does this mean?
Edit: It stopped happening to me. Still interested in know what it meant though
Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
[SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
Post edited by Viktorian - Archosaur on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    Usually means that your data stream to the server got interrupted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    How is that possible?
    At the time, I had a charecter already on the server able to be played. Wouldnt he have dc'd?
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    How is that possible?
    At the time, I had a charecter already on the server able to be played. Wouldnt he have dc'd?
    Not necessarily. Most likely the packet stream for just the one client dropped. To explain in more detail, I'd probably need to start a class on networking, but each set of packets is individual. Each application/connection on the network has it's own "pipe" per se. The "pipe" for that client ruptured a leak and dropped a few packets out. b:chuckle

If you think of your internet connection as a large series of pipes, and the data for each item uses a pipe. Larger items like streaming movies may take up several pipes.
    That's the most basic visualization I can think of atm, and it's pretty similar to how the old enterprise lines were actually used way back when. You literally had a bundle of wires, and each wire carried a specific amount of data. If you wanted more bandwidth, you needed more wires.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Not necessarily. Most likely the packet stream for just the one client dropped. To explain in more detail, I'd probably need to start a class on networking, but each set of packets is individual. Each application/connection on the network has it's own "pipe" per se. The "pipe" for that client ruptured a leak and dropped a few packets out. b:chuckle

If you think of your internet connection as a large series of pipes, and the data for each item uses a pipe. Larger items like streaming movies may take up several pipes.
    That's the most basic visualization I can think of atm, and it's pretty similar to how the old enterprise lines were actually used way back when. You literally had a bundle of wires, and each wire carried a specific amount of data. If you wanted more bandwidth, you needed more wires.

Thanks for the pipes analogy, it helped understand. Do I need to be concerned with this happening again and if so what can i do to prevent this?
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pretty much nothing you (or PWE) can do about it, as the "pipes" aren't under your (or their) control. It happens when a pumping station (network node) is getting more "water" (data) than it can handle, and the pressure relief valve goes off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    a temporary fix i have found for this issue. When you can use your flyer or talk to npc, go inside an instance. Log out, and log back in. The issue goes away. I am not sure how it works, why it works, all i know is that so far this is a 100% fix to get this issue resolved.

Only drawback, sometimes it takes a few seconds to be able to use a flyer and at other times it takes a 10~30 minutes.