Chrono Key Missing

cassiett21
cassiett21 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Quality Corner
same problem here.
i recently came back to pwi after some time (lot of time actually, last time was before war avatar and rebirth) and i tried to complete a previously started cultivation quest located in valley of the scarred. i moved to archosaur messanger of time and he dont even have quest for me...not to move to oht and not to buy back the key.
i remembered that i needed the key and moved to search one.
but when i searched for my chrono key i couldnt find it anywhere (not in my inventory and not in my safe) and like i said the messanger of time npc dont give me any option to buy it back.

So...how can i get one back to finish my culti?

tnx for the support

Reference: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1743561
Post edited by cassiett21 on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    See eirghan's reply above. If the messenger of time does not have the option to purchase a key, then you haven't finished the relevant quest line (starting with Wraith's Ploy) that unlocks Old Heaven's Tear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Normally past maps are unlocked for all characters now. When you are 80+ and have proper culti (Aware of Vacuity iiirr), you can tele to OHT (and other past maps), there is no need to do the Wraith Ploy chain anymore.

But one of my characters (101, not on this account), has the same problem. I was already on past maps with that one (to farm Tears of Heaven) but when I tele'd back a few months ago, I just didn't get back they Chrono Key. Trading the Chrono Key from an other character via account stash didn't work. The NPC is just "closed" for this character now.

And yup, next step in cultivation would be on the past maps lol.
  • cassiett21
    edited May 2015
    See eirghan's reply above. If the messenger of time does not have the option to purchase a key, then you haven't finished the relevant quest line (starting with Wraith's Ploy) that unlocks Old Heaven's Tear.

im sure i was in oht already before, cause i made quests there alrdy with guildies in the past
    war34child wrote: »
    Normally past maps are unlocked for all characters now. When you are 80+ and have proper culti (Aware of Vacuity iiirr), you can tele to OHT (and other past maps), there is no need to do the Wraith Ploy chain anymore.

But one of my characters (101, not on this account), has the same problem. I was already on past maps with that one (to farm heaven's tears) but when I tele'd back a few months ago, I just didn't get back they Chrono Key. Trading the Chrono Key from an other character via account stash didn't work. The NPC is just "closed" for this character now.

And yup, next step in cultivation would be on the past maps lol.

and i think this is my same situation. somehow im retirned to normal time without passing by the npc who give the key back or something like that. the npc is actually closed here too.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok imma ask the really obvious question here but, what is you current level? (As in did you rebirth and are currently under 80?)
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok imma ask the really obvious question here but, what is you current level? (As in did you rebirth and are currently under 80?)

On my side: nope, that's still just a BH100 alt, it' still level 101, and I don't care enough about the cultivation to spam tickets (would be most likely a waste of time anyway because they would tell me to post this issue on forum).

I suppose there is something in the background (one of those "invisible quests") that glitched - and the system believes that this toon is still on the past map (maybe because of a lag issues while teleporting to platform in the center of Archosaur).
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On my side: nope, that's still just a BH100 alt, it' still level 101, and I don't care enough about the cultivation to spam tickets (would be most likely a waste of time anyway because they would tell me to post this issue on forum).

I suppose there is something in the background (one of those "invisible quests") that glitched - and the system believes that this toon is still on the past map (maybe because of a lag issues while teleporting to platform in the center of Archosaur).
    Ok so it's greater than 100 AND you finished the wraith ploy chain quest that ends w/ killing the 3 mini bosses in swamp of the Wraiths followed by pole and nob in wraitjgate (this part is still required to have access to the old maps, but allows you to enter all 4 maps instead of only oht now)? Then ya it's bugged =S
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • cassiett21
    edited May 2015
    same for me here
    char is lvl 101 without any rb
    did all the wrath ploy quest and so

still i dont get when i "lost" the key cause i got it on another char in another account...

dunno if this deserve the close cause after a ticket they asked me to write in the forum to try to get a solution before try to ticket again. the prob is i cannot use the quality corner, it say i dont have the permission
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nope i notice mine disappear to i dont know when it happened but i had to buy a new one.

i never use it anyways but i notice spot it usealy in bank was empty space lol just like sparkly crystals poof gone lmao
  • cassiett21
    edited May 2015
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    nope i notice mine disappear to i dont know when it happened but i had to buy a new one.

i never use it anyways but i notice spot it usealy in bank was empty space lol just like sparkly crystals poof gone lmao

the problem for me/us is that the messanger of time dont have the optoin to buy one like you did so we are stuck
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't been in OHT for months..prob a year lol!I usually if I have to go in just get another one then chunk it again to the npc hounds.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This is not true, you still need to do the wraith's ploy chain that leads up to you receiving the key in the first place, only then will all 4 maps be opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cassiett21
    edited May 2015
    the answer to the ticket where is said about the disappeared key was :
    -Basically a canned statement that they can't help and it may require the devs to alter it-

Delete the toon is not an options...got hundred of milions of gear there...but even let her stuck forever really sux...
    Build a new one from scrap, get a account stone and so look like the right solution but omg omg omg...b:shocked
    Rebirth is one thing...totally rebuild is totally another thing b:angry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Stupid thing about that ticket is they're MORE than capable of giving you a new chrono key.

*facepalms at support*
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dunno if it would work but... can a psy not summon you into the chrono world?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    If you do not have a Chrono Key, and the Messenger of Time does not have an option to sell you one, be very sure:
    1) You are at least level 70 (no access to OHT below that level)
    2) You do not have any of the following quests in your current or available quest lists:
    2a) Wraith's Ploy
    2b) Last Hope
    2c) Chrono Wheel

Those are the quests that are required to finish to obtain a Chrono Key, which is awarded per character. Just because you remember having been in OHT does not mean that you have been in OHT with the character you're attempting to enter with.

After you've verified the above, (of sufficient level and quests not in log), then you'll need to open a ticket/reopen the ticket if support sent you here, as there is nothing further we (the players) can do for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PatsyBanger - Archosaur
    PatsyBanger - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yea thought i was losing my mind. Glad it isnt just me. I had been doing oht for quite awhile and went to go in there yesterday and everything was gone.No key, no quest...
  • cassiett21
    edited May 2015
    Dunno if it would work but... can a psy not summon you into the chrono world?

interesting idea.
    atm i dont remember when exactly they give u a new key after u use the one u have (if im not wrong u use one everytime u talk to the messanger) but can be a thing to test.
    If you do not have a Chrono Key, and the Messenger of Time does not have an option to sell you one, be very sure:
    1) You are at least level 70 (no access to OHT below that level)
    2) You do not have any of the following quests in your current or available quest lists:
    2a) Wraith's Ploy
    2b) Last Hope
    2c) Chrono Wheel

Those are the quests that are required to finish to obtain a Chrono Key, which is awarded per character. Just because you remember having been in OHT does not mean that you have been in OHT with the character you're attempting to enter with.

After you've verified the above, (of sufficient level and quests not in log), then you'll need to open a ticket/reopen the ticket if support sent you here, as there is nothing further we (the players) can do for you.

and here i go facepalm myself...and a bit to the one who changed the quest system too.

like i said at the beginning, im just returned after a very long break and i found the quest page toooo different. new colours and so.
    u know what? my dear old golden written chrono quest is now a pinkish main quest...and there fall the last hope quest. without any chrono thing written inside.
    the only problem is....why im quite sure to have that done? did they changed something while i was away? im quite sure i dealt with the turtle boss at the beginning og oht for example...

well lets see the good point...maybe someone else got or will have the same trouble and could read this and avoid to be facepalmed too b:laugh
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    You get a new Chrono Key as you're warping into OHT, right after the old one is taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cassiett21
    edited May 2015
    this probably kill the option tu ask to a psy to summon ppl there...unless they dont wanna use a psy everytime :D
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Psychics cannot summon anywhere that isn't on the main map, therefore one wouldn't have been able to summon you into OHT.