Opinions!!

Slewdem - Dreamweaver
Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Do you guys think if avatar cards was tradeable would it affect the game in anyway? Or would it help balence out the game abit better,
Bahamas represent
Post edited by Slewdem - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People would abuse it with alts.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    people woudl abuse it for sure with alts, and the pricing on the cards coudl easily go stupid high depending how it goes. id bet 1b per NP card tbh
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    People would abuse it with alts.

/thread

People already abuse everything else with alts, so that should not be nothing new.. Only nuema portal cards would be stupidly high priced..

when you really think about it, cards might not sell for alot cause am sure there are so many out there who is maybe missing 1-2 card from a set an have friends who have the cards they need and they don't even use them.. So i feel like 95% of the people in game would get missing cards from friends or faction members..
    Bahamas represent
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People already abuse everything else with alts, so that should not be nothing new.. Only nuema portal cards would be stupidly high priced..

when you really think about it, cards might not sell for alot cause am sure there are so many out there who is maybe missing 1-2 card from a set an have friends who have the cards they need and they don't even use them.. So i feel like 95% of the people in game would get missing cards from friends or faction members..

+1 I 1000% Agree with your post!
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it would be a really bad thing.

Why people say its abused by alts now???
    you need 2 alts fsp coins to create 1 chest with a 13% chance of an A card, thats hardly an abuse, however if you could trade them with anyone, it would mean any alt would have 2x chance of getting an A card, and also you could trade the ones you get from quest, and log in events and such.

And not even counting alts, just people would buy cards they need for stupid amounts of money from the not so smart people, and those people would still be poorly geared and all.

I think a trade system like for example:
    10 random destroyer cards you trade for a destroyer card of your choosing.
    That way you just need to win lots of random A cards and eventually get the ones you need, and without external help.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I really don't think we need yet another big power item from the cash shop tradeable amongst just anyone. I do think how bound up they are is overkill though. They could at least be stashable.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i think they should make a NPC just for war cards to trade sorta like AH or somthing idk but just mainly for that
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the cards being untradable/non account stashable.

Cards are one of those parts of the game I look forward to, and hoping I get something good by chance.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    non trade but account stashable
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    S cards character bound. Everything else account stashable. imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the alt abuse being referred to would be collecting 10 A cards per alt to get the free S. And if cards were tradable u could just trade any alt 10 A cards, get the S and move on.

On the other hand thinking that this would help balance anything is just silly, people who already on top would buy up all the top cards, rebirth them twice, and the people who are at the bottom (the ones who want to make cards tradable) would be stuck with the leftover junk S cards trying to compete against a pack of 2nd rb nuema portal sets.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    I think the alt abuse being referred to would be collecting 10 A cards per alt to get the free S. And if cards were tradable u could just trade any alt 10 A cards, get the S and move on.

On the other hand thinking that this would help balance anything is just silly, people who already on top would buy up all the top cards, rebirth them twice, and the people who are at the bottom (the ones who want to make cards tradable) would be stuck with the leftover junk S cards trying to compete against a pack of 2nd rb nuema portal sets.

But getting 10 A cards to trade can only be traded once per toon.. But if people have the time an patience to do that on about 15 toons + then good for them... and for the top (richest) players it would not make a difference anyways.. I still think it wouldb balence the game out
    Bahamas represent
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    S cards character bound. Everything else account stashable. imo.

Good suggestion even if EU set > random S cards
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good suggestion even if EU set > random S cards

Anyone that went through the trouble to get aeu set may as well be able to use it on multiple characters on their account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    b:lipcurl >> Man I was gonna start my post with a quote of all the people I was in agreeance with, b:embarrass But then I realized that if I quoted everyone that I agreed with, that my quotes alone would be (A Wall ~ 1-entire page long!!) >> b:chuckle

Needless to say though, I'm in agreeance with the majority posted here, To have the "Cards (Sets)" tradable to the point of being (sellable) would be one of the badest ideas of really Bad Ideas... b:surrender

Reasons:

1- It would cause a massive spike in the (in-game market) that would in the end effect almost everything in it again (and with the recent Item Drop price nerfs, that would mean that only the richest players (whether they be "CS'ing gold sellers /or/ Pro-Merchants (some of which are using those d@m!&d@ble flying Archo shop bot Vulture's, which are currently flying around Archosaur in their attempts to manipulate the markets already, yet again, by buying out certain item shops in the cities (at low prices) so that they can rid the market of honest competition, just so that they can keep their own Shops cornering those parts of the (items markets) by getting rid of any "honest competitors shops" that the rest of the masses of Needy Players could buy from and forcing all of those into having to buy from only into their own amp'd up PoS ~ shops" So in the end, only the richest would once again, be able to fully utilize and buy from such a Market Niche system (So, so much for a fair a balanced chance for everyone to prosper from that idea)...

2- The moment the cards would become "sellable (tradable)" every player with any characters with good cards (and sets) displayed, would become the targets of a massive new round of (in-game) Hackers, the moment they left their characters in an afk mode for any given extended period of time anywhere in PWi's world maps (The levels of which, would likely not only rival, but blow away! The mass **** attack which happened in the game back around about (2009-10') I can't remember the precise date anymore, its been quite awhile since then) and that **** attack that those Jack***** European Hacker Pr***'s did their Scr&w Job to the playerbase back then, not only took me for everything I had back then, but also 10's of Thousands of other players aswell (all in about a 1 month attack time) so bad off was PWi's staff in keeping up with all the claims they were giving everyone only a pittance of items & coin restorations from what we all actually lost back then) and considering the lack of employees they now have compared to then PWI is no longer manned for combatting that situation again, so thats (1-thing) that I don't want to see tempted into repeating again now...

But I will say that I would like to see them "Stashable" so that we can make better (matched sets) for all our characters that we have on an account... It seems such a waste that they are not allowed to be stashable that way...b:shedtear
  • dhudg
    dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i d love to see tradeable S cards! or at least making tradeable A cards makes sense imo. would boost all the squishy alts.

one of my friends got as free S card life prime nuema portal card. and guess what? i have a toon with all good cards except lifeprime. no matter how hard i try.

would i pay 1 bil for that? hell YEAH!, even more! b:angry but we can only keep dreaming, since tradeable cards will never happen, for 2 reasons:

1 ppl would cash WAY less on S cards
    2 fsp would become a multiclient solo-op-farmer place, and average 6k hp toons wouldnt even get a chance to be taken in a fsp squad.

but honestly. B cards SHOULD be tradeable. b:surrender
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Anyone that went through the trouble to get aeu set may as well be able to use it on multiple characters on their account.

And this wouldn't be true for people with S sets ?

Anyway the first thing they should do with avatar cards is to give us the possibility to devour S cards.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tradeable S cards = highest cashers packing 2nd reborn nuema portals = even bigger gap between cashers and non cashers

not that i wouldnt like it doe
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Gralkon - Archosaur
    Gralkon - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think that it is fine the way it is except for not being able to devour S cards. I would like to maybe see a way to trade in 5 A cards for a random A card though. Making them tradeable will just increase Power creep. I think PWI has started doing things a little bit better with the game lately as far as gear stuff is concerned and making you have to work for it instead of just buying it.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited May 2015

tek1nig wrote: »
    +1 I 1000% Agree with your post!
    This response to both quoted threads. Yall would see the best in people, and personally I love that yall do. However, the best is never what we see. This game(and life honestly) seems to bring out the worst in people. Like yall, I would love to think that people would be that great with others and say "hey xxxx,(xxxx and speaker are friends/guildies) you need xxx card? I got an extra." Its never going to truly happen though. This might happen with C-B cards(yes there are B sets. I have one(it sucks tbh)) but never with S-A cards. The reason being that S-A cards are tough to obtain(the catalysts+the fsp coins or real money + LUCK(in caps cuz u need alot)) and noone is going to just give them away for free.
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    non trade but account stashable
    This. This is the best we can hope for.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not too keen on having the cards tradeable.

Maybe account stashable.

Definitely wanna see an NPC with "trade set amount of cards for a single one of the same slot" It would make collecting certain sets a bit easier.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have the crappy dimension set and I don't think cards should be tradeable. Account stash would be nice. To prevent alt abuse make the free a card, s card quest one per account.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll jump on the "make 'em stashable" train.
    That's the easiest way to make them more interesting in my opinion.
    I was literally just complaining the other day that my alts have better cards than I do, just from pure luck, and all they get are free packs when PWi gives them away lol.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The problem with account stashable though is that the cards are all class locked. They'd have to remove that part too, and I'm not sure whether or not the cards are actually the same across all classes. Haven't gotten enough on alts to know.

I would definitely like to be able to quest trade them though, just to try and help complete collections, especially of B cards and maybe even A cards.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If there was some kind of possible way to trade X card into Y card, I think they should be a part of the same set, with some kind of coin fee or other card(s) required. Like you need forexample 4 Ghost Wings to trade into 1 Mistress of Night, or 2 Ghost Wings + 2 Emperor Aohe to trade into 1 Mistress... etc. I dunno lol. I dont like the idea of making the cards completely tradeable though.

The problem with account stashable though is that the cards are all class locked. They'd have to remove that part too, and I'm not sure whether or not the cards are actually the same across all classes. Haven't gotten enough on alts to know.

I would definitely like to be able to quest trade them though, just to try and help complete collections, especially of B cards and maybe even A cards.

They're not class locked, but the stats (white stats, not blue) are different from class to class. Sure they say forexample "Required class: Venomancer" when I view my own cards on my venomancer, but so do the other cards when I view another players info, no matter if the person was an archer, cleric, seeker, etc...
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Stashable? Sure. Makes sense and does a lot towards making life easier without breaking everything as you still have to get them yourself and retain the potential ability to have all of your characters in different (or the same) sets... but with more ease to work with instead of having multiple card sets spread across your characters because they're 100% character bound and a pain in the butt as a result.

Freely tradable? ... No. Then any good cards turn into yet another thing exclusive to the very few high-end players that can afford to shell out billions for them and they practically become cash shop items. Let's face it, people aren't going to give away good cards (How many do you see giving away valuable books just because they don't need it but someone they know does, for example?) and with the impact cards make, they will get pricy. We don't need yet another thing you can get via instant gratification if you have cash. At least the current form requires people to get their cards on their own in some way.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • linder420
    linder420 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    truely i think tradeing any cards would **** the little guys farming hard for decent stuff. devouring s cards.... well i only have 1 so no contribution to that yet but i know it would b a good thing. now if the cards were account stashable thats not a bad idea but what would b awesome is like b able to take 50 a cards to a npc and get random s card i think that would b fair that way everyone could farm it and its high enough ammount of them it would take a very long time could even throw in like 25 catalyst needed to make them so boutique is still needed. its just an idea.........
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Stoner_zpsc496e801.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you guys think if avatar cards was tradeable would it affect the game in anyway? Or would it help balence out the game abit better,

These cards were made with the intent to never be sold, or traded, because it is a money grab and a decent one for PWE. The less chances someone has to get the card(s) they need, the more likely it is for them to cash shop for more packs to try and get that card. The less PWE gives us, the more greedy people are, and that works to PWEs advantage.
    The quest to be the best = very high credit card bills.

I am glad they arent tradable, stashable, or able to sell.