Revamping TW

124»

Comments

• Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Canadians are mean man.
    Hi Ebri <3

I am quite aware of survival/damage index. There was one reason I couldn't consider this stat. It varies too much.

To elaborate. Soulforce is a fixed indicator that's affected only by parts of the game the character and nobody else can control. Its gear, its refines, its level. In order for soulforce to be a more accurate indicator it should also calculate a characters base defenses (as a % reduced rather than a #) its damage output (as a raw average rather than a top-bottom), its critical and rage rates, def and att levels, spirit and only then the effect of cards, meridian, titles and shards will all be accounted for then.

Buffs shouldn't be a part of any balance calculation because buffs are not permanent to a character. They're situation/environment based. If there's nobody to purge. I'll probably stay buffed an entire war unless I die. If I spark and I'm sage. My damage reduction affects tremendously my survival index. The damage output buff affects in the same way my damage index. This wouldn't be an accurate read.

Whatever indicator. It should always set a ceiling. Not a bottom. So going in with no gear wouldn't trick the system. Equipping gear would just allow you to bring more than 80 to the defense. If there's already 80 in.

I will concede damage and survival index are far better indicators of the reality or disparities between classes. I'm full jades with a +12 bow garnet gems. Ebri still has a higher survival and damage index if we are both fully buffed.

Another proof archers suck :(

Edit: I believe there's a huge misunderstanding in trying to balance TW by balancing gear. This is after all a Free to Play, Pay to win type of game. In no way the development has ever or will ever try to reduce the gap between paying customers and non paying customers. I also don't believe the fix is to lower the number from 80. Rather than allow the opposing factions to go over 80 to achieve balance

The main idea isn't to balance through gear but to balance by numbers. If one faction concentrates power, allow the others to concentrate numbers to fight against them. Let them bring more than 80 to match the opponents Soulforce. If they lack the numbers. Allow them to bring allies to do the same. Change the way TW rewards work so that allies and factions are more motivated to show to TW and "do work".

Provide environmental changes that make it both more fun to battle, much easier to defend, more challenging to attack in the lanes. More accurate to the territory in play.

In short. Force Tempest 80 to (potentially) TW the whole server every time they attack. Make attacking a challenge and defending a breeze when the attacker is too powerful.

The questions would be now:
    -How to fix soulforce so it truly reflects the reality of a character. Or better yet. Should there be a new indicator of this.
    -How can alliances be fixed so that the numbers = power equation can be fulfilled. How do we limit factions or players from abusing this mechanic. (Like drag idea to limit the # of times you can TW per weekend or something)
    -bottom line. How can we use mechanics in place for NW and RW to enhance TW
    -PS: what ever happened to Base wars and can they be implemented as a solution to " small numbers TW"
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    b:surrender sorry kossy, wont say that again

another random idea ot revamp, clarity on the squad menu. theres so many buff now you barely see debuff. Could add a red indicator on the left side of the squad member name that indicate the amount of debuff.
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Soulforce depends on refines and levels alone, so is not an indicator on strength really, a r9 non 3rd cast +12 gear with crappy cards would probably count as stronger as others for example, talking on old toons coming back to game as example.

Allies system would be the worst thing ever, killing the 1 vs 1 factions fun, lets say some 2 small factions or mid level factions TW, and all of a sudden goonz or kalo join one side, bye bye fun, to each its own, u pick a faction stick with it, or go to another, i wouldnt like people intruding on my faction either, also they should adjust to each faction TW rules if any.

Rewards: i still think my idea of u get a charm with capacity being 1/2 of total hp lost during TW at the end should be enough to encourage people to join TW, since charm **** are one of the most common excuses on why people stop TWing.

Balance wont come from pwi in any way, they only keep unbalancing tbh, so it should come from the players, saying let others bring more than 80 is wrong, for once, 90% of the people, me included cant even play when 80 people meet at same spot in a TW, i freeze completely with 160, imagine more. Balance has to come from players and factions.

New map, new towers, different bases, maybe 2 crystals in diferent position of the map instead of just 1, those are nice ideas that could give a new fresh look to TW, but rest is imposible to do in a smart way.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To elaborate. Soulforce is a fixed indicator that's affected only by parts of the game the character and nobody else can control. Its gear, its refines, its level. In order for soulforce to be a more accurate indicator it should also calculate a characters base defenses (as a % reduced rather than a #) its damage output (as a raw average rather than a top-bottom), its critical and rage rates, def and att levels, spirit and only then the effect of cards, meridian, titles and shards will all be accounted for then.

The main idea isn't to balance through gear but to balance by numbers. If one faction concentrates power, allow the others to concentrate numbers to fight against them. Let them bring more than 80 to match the opponents Soulforce. If they lack the numbers. Allow them to bring allies to do the same. Change the way TW rewards work so that allies and factions are more motivated to show to TW and "do work".

The questions would be now:
    -How to fix soulforce so it truly reflects the reality of a character. Or better yet. Should there be a new indicator of this.
    -How can alliances be fixed so that the numbers = power equation can be fulfilled. How do we limit factions or players from abusing this mechanic. (Like drag idea to limit the # of times you can TW per weekend or something)

I know I write a lot. But I did pose those questions and the possible rebuttals. Again, this is purely theoretical

Kalo and Dragoonz aren't just OP they also are not going to TW whether is his choice or RL obligations. Kalo is busy with life. Goonz prefers to log his alts during TW but that's another conversation.

In short. The proposed system updates won't allow Kalo or Dragoonz. Not even dragslave or Andres to ally with Kindrid/BootyCamp and go ruin their G16s fun.

Let's say there's 3 factions:
    Faction A top 80 combined "soulforce" (again, I am calling it soulforce for lack of a better word. I am quite aware how poorly up to date SF is as it is) is 40k per char. 3.2m total SF
    Faction B can't file 80. They got 60 tops and they average 20k SF. This faction has 1.2m SF
    Faction C has the same situation as faction B but their average SF is a little higher. Let's say 25k per for 1.5m total SF

If faction A attacks B: faction B shows their full 60, they can allow faction C allies to bring reinforcements up to another 2m soulforce.

If faction A attacks C: faction C shows their full 60 and can allow faction B to bring reinforcements up to another 1.7m soulforce.

If faction C or B attacks A: because attacker SF is Lower than the defenders. There's no change to what we do to this date. If faction C and B want to attack A together. They can gank them.

If faction C and B attack each other faction A could send whichever faction is defending and has the lowest soulforce his reinforcements up until both SFs are matched. But why would faction C or B ally with faction A if this could. As you mentioned ruin their TW fun.

The ability to let allies join the war is still within the defending faction. If they want to have a fun TW they won't call for help. As mentioned by you. We could Also make it so if say Dragslave showed to a TW slotting to defend as an allied help. He cannot play on any other defense timeslot for the remainder of the TW weekend. I liked that idea.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And where exactly was that covered, you mean this post:

You could just make that number update more frequently, but ok.

But please, do go ahead and show me numbers of indexes where it takes in the same amount of buffs into account. I would love to see a "weaker" toon getting a higher index than a stronger geared one.
    Ofcourse, considering you do the eye part right and get the last available stats.

http://prntscr.com/777wpr

As my hp doesnt show there, its 21628.

Effective healths between those are pretty dead even, she got bit more physical, I got bit more elemental. The real kicker though, which leaves my toon stronger defensively in PvP setting, is the 127 spirit difference.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cards ,gear, player level, etc aside; tw as it is currently has gotten a bit stale. There are only so many strategies that one can use in our current tw layout.

What I would suggest is giving this sucker a complete overhaul.

Instead of there being 2 castles, I would suggest going to 1 castle.

so, the defenders would start in an area some distance away from the castle, they would still get there allotment of cata's. what would happen is they "attackers" would have to walk to the defenders castle, when they arrive they would find that there is an outer wall with a gate on either side. next they are going to have to decide which gate door to attack. The gate would have something like 2-5 mil hp. Once the attackers have kicked the door in, then they have to come around to the front main entrance along the way putting up with some new pesky towers then are greeted by another closed door 5-7 mil hp. Ok, that doors now open. Once inside there will be 2 guardian towers that will have to be taken down 5-7 mil hp. At this point the guardian crystal appears 8-10mil xp. ok, at this point im going to pause and switch over to the defenders side of things.

The defenders get a brand new castle setup, they have an outer wall with two gates and a main gate to the castle. they also get two attack towers per gate (pesky towers), either burst or rapid fire. 5mil hp each. these towers can be operated by anyone on the defenders side and fire at a static rate and the user can select their target(s). however once the towers is taken out it cannot be reactivated. the defenders will also have there own respawn master* <-

* both side will have a main respawn npc, this npc is attachable 5mil hp, once this npc is gone, each side respawn at a father away point. the attackers are simply just father away, while the defender's are not only father away but also outside the castle.

So, the attaking force makes there assault on the caslte, while the defending force gets the towers manned, and get set up for the battle. gates come down, towers are destroyed, players are killed...now it's down to the Guardian crystal. haha now come the fun part, once the crstal is destroyed a poly in place in the player inv. that got the last hit, and just like rw's capture the flag the palyer has to run to a platform outside the base while being defensed by there fellow faction members.

upon arriving at the platform the player must make a 60 sec. stand. The holders faction must hold off the defending faction forces as the holder cannot take any actions to defend themselves.

If the attacking faction can hold the platform and keeper the runner alive then it's Victory for them.
    if the defending faction can kill the runner then the player that gets the kill receives the "war" item and must run for dear life.
    then at this point it becomes a game of keep away. if the defending faction is able to kill the runner then they must once again do the 60sec. stand.

Some additional functionality changes:

I would also suggest that the tw time length be cut from 3hrs b:shocked to 90min.
    every 5 mins of duration each faction would receive a set number of points.
    A victory for either side would yield a bonus, while a defeat would only yield a smaller bonus.

The points can be saved and built up over time to be traded in for rewards at a faction base npc.

As far as the rewards go....rw ish items for the lower point amounts, mid point amounts might be things like c-a cards chests, statuettes for warsoul weapons,etc ..higher point reward amounts might be things like sow's, b-s chests, idk, just going to throw it out there maybe luads..lol

anyway, I think something like this might be a lot more fun than our current tw system.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]