Hope you like your more expensive pet and inventory expansions

Options
Molniya - Dreamweaver
Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Removing From Shop Permanently

Super Cage
Super Inventory Stone

So yeah. I know like, overall it's a difference of 2 gold? But what's the point of this? So people like getting all their expansions in one shot, why make them have to get a lot of the smaller versions and do the quests multiple times to upgrade their pet bag or inventory space?

Aside from the obvious money grubbing. I can pretend there was logic behind the idea, but really, it's probably just money grubbing.
Post edited by Molniya - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• comeonnow
    comeonnow Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    *The maximum inventory size has been increased from 64 slots to 80. Note that due to a bug, players who have used a Super Inventory Stone will be unable to increase their inventory beyond 64 slots. This issue will be resolved in a future patch.
    *A second page has been added to the Pet Bag, increasing its maximum size to 20. Note that due to a bug, players who have used a Super Cage will be unable to increase their Pet Bag beyond 10 slots. This issue will be resolved in a future patch.

That could be the only reason i can think of that they would remove it. What they will probably do is add another item once they fix the "bug" that item will be implemented.
    post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU_zpsl8ev4xko.gif
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Both those two things are shiny things I did not know, so that does make sense. Hooray for PWI actually making sense for once!

I hope they fix that bug soon though, because I used both and that is annoying that I can't get more pets. I need more pets damnit.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    Options
    comeonnow wrote: »
    *The maximum inventory size has been increased from 64 slots to 80. Note that due to a bug, players who have used a Super Inventory Stone will be unable to increase their inventory beyond 64 slots. This issue will be resolved in a future patch.
    *A second page has been added to the Pet Bag, increasing its maximum size to 20. Note that due to a bug, players who have used a Super Cage will be unable to increase their Pet Bag beyond 10 slots. This issue will be resolved in a future patch.

That could be the only reason i can think of that they would remove it. What they will probably do is add another item once they fix the "bug" that item will be implemented.
    This is correct, yes. I will update the patch notes to clarify this.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• BloodyThorns - Heavens Tear
    BloodyThorns - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The inventory extension stone on the boutique says "Expanding beyond 64 slots requires multiple stones"; what exactly does this mean? Does it mean after we reach 64 slots we need 2 stones per every 8 slot till we reach 80?
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    they are removing items from the cash shop preventing people from giving then money and forcing players to expand things by doing quests. why are they always trying to find a way to take my money?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZBxsMHVGY
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Please do not "quote" me with words I clearly did not say.
  • eyebegrindin
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dont point out how my post didn't make any sense by rewording it to say exactily what i was implying

i'm sorry. i was just clearing up some things for people who aren't fluent in jumping to conclusions and doomspeak. i mean come on now. if you had actualy read the patch notes instead of combing through it to find stuff to complain about you would have noticed that the current cash shop items are obsolete and need to be reworked to fit the new feature.

the new description says you need more than one stone to go past 64. we dont know what that means yet or if it is maybe just a typo. even if it's not the regular stones only gave 8 more slots than what you had. the super stone grants up to 64. as the bag now only goes up to 80 and not 128 it only goes to reason that the super stone and the regular stones would have to be used together to reach 80.

but i dont see what you are complaining about in the first place. ive never bought any of the stones and have the basic inv on all my toons and ive never once had a problem with space.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What I also wonder, is why only go to 80? I mean, if you start with 32, and expand to 64, then the next logical step is at least 96. (Another 4 rows)

Especially when you consider that the code will allow the inventory to be much larger than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnstsss
    johnstsss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey ya guys!,
    I really think that ppl who used the Super Inventory Stone and Super Cage should
    have their slots at maximum.
    its okie that pwi increased the slots, but the super cage/inventory upgrades to its maximum right?
    so 20 for cage and 80 for inventory
  • eyebegrindin
    edited March 2015
    Options
    johnstsss wrote: »
    Hey ya guys!,
    I really think that ppl who used the Super Inventory Stone and Super Cage should
    have their slots at maximum.
    its okie that pwi increased the slots, but the super cage/inventory upgrades to its maximum right?
    so 20 for cage and 80 for inventory

no. the items never spacificly said they raised them to max. just that it added a certian number of slots. the quest is what says the largest pet bag/pack.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Excuse me? My post made sense just fine. I quoted the removal of the items, and wondered on why it happened. I wasn't crying about why PW wouldn't take my money, I literally don't have cash to spend on the game.

I don't read patch notes at all, because most of the time they contain nothing of interest to me. If that means I missed something, then fine, that's my bad. It doesn't mean that I'm looking to complain about anything. I wasn't actually complaining anyway, just wondering about it.

And if you've never had a problem with space, good for you. I have a maxed inventory, bank and cupboard and can still run out of space faster than I know where it went. You should stop assuming that just because I SEEM upset about something on the forum, it doesn't mean I'm just another idiot QQing about a lack of something. All I wanted was an explanation, and I got it. I dislike people putting words in my mouth, because as we've obviously figured out, I don't mean those words at all.

Have a nice day.

@SylenThunder - It's probably because they either need to work out the UI for three pages of inventory for the people who don't scroll their bag (I like seeing everything at once, rather than scrolling to find something XD), or they want to add it in later after they fix the Super X bug. At least, that's what I think.
  • eyebegrindin
    edited March 2015
    Options
    words wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords wordswords words

you littraly said you thought they took the items out of the cash shop because they were money grubbing. how else am i suposed to interept that?

maybe you should read the patch notes then as this issue, with a little common sense and reasoning being applied, was explained in them.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No, I said I figured they were money grubbing, because PWI seems to like doing that lately. This time I was pleasantly surprised to find out there was logic behind it. That was all.
  • eyebegrindin
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No, I said I figured they were money grubbing, because PWI seems to like doing that lately. This time I was pleasantly surprised to find out there was logic behind it. That was all.

fine. ill give you that one. i mis read it and it appeared to me you were stating an oppinion as a fact.

still, an oppinion for one makes it a fact in their mind untill its changed. if someone haddent come along and explained what was going on to you then you would still be thinking that. all of which could have ben avoided if you had read the patch notes
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    comeonnow wrote: »

Surtr wrote: »
    This is correct, yes. I will update the patch notes to clarify this.

Surtr, a few questions on this point:

1) Once the super inventory stone is restored, will it boost to 64 or 80?
    2) If it boosts to 80, players who used the super inventory stone will be bumped up to 80 automatically??

I know the geo map, as more points are added, players get all those point if they used a geographer's map.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • nobody12358
    nobody12358 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The real question is what about people who have used super safe stones and inventory stones already. Once the bug is fixed are you going to auto make our bag 80 space cuz thats a god dam rip off if you don't and everybody else that uses the new super inventory stones gets 80 space.

PWI logic makes me think we gonna have to buy extension stones to get the extra 14 spaces cuz PWI is a ripoff to previous customers.
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @SylenThunder - It's probably because they either need to work out the UI for three pages of inventory for the people who don't scroll their bag (I like seeing everything at once, rather than scrolling to find something XD), or they want to add it in later after they fix the Super X bug. At least, that's what I think.

The way the UI is coded now, the second window just scrolls for the extra slots. The game will handle up to 256 inventory slots if I recall. It's been a while since I tinkered with my private servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lol these people who like to fight windmills.
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So why adding 16 more slots why not 32 .. seriously pwi creates troubles by themselves. and now the ppl who already upgraded to 64 cant go for 80 >.> wait next year till they fix it. gonna add it to my HAVE TO BE FIXED list b:laugh
  • Purely_Gold - Heavens Tear
    Purely_Gold - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have 11 slots and I hatched an evolved pet (on my veno). But I only find the original 10 pets in the pet bag and no way to get to the 11th one. I can't even find it to revert it to an egg now.b:cry
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It looks like there's a bug that's preventing the second page of the pet bag from displaying. This should be fixed in the next patch (and don't worry, the pets haven't been removed; it's purely a UI issue).
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

edited May 2015
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    It looks like there's a bug that's preventing the second page of the pet bag from displaying. This should be fixed in the next patch (and don't worry, the pets haven't been removed; it's purely a UI issue).

What about the inventory?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leknum
    leknum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What I also wonder, is why only go to 80? I mean, if you start with 32, and expand to 64, then the next logical step is at least 96. (Another 4 rows)

Especially when you consider that the code will allow the inventory to be much larger than that.

Actually the next logical would be 128 :X
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What about the inventory?

I've got the 80 slot inventory on one of my characters, and it is working fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Has the bug with the super stones been fixed? I'm tempted to buy some inventory and safe increasing items (not to mention I NEED MORE PETS), but I used super stones for all of those and I don't want to spend money until I can actually use it.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Has the bug with the super stones been fixed? I'm tempted to buy some inventory and safe increasing items (not to mention I NEED MORE PETS), but I used super stones for all of those and I don't want to spend money until I can actually use it.

im wondering the same..,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]