Stormbringer: Skill Leveling questions

Amakaia - Sanctuary
Amakaia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Stormbringer
Hello, I have been playing my Stormbringer for about two weeks, I've googled until my eyes bleed trying to find a discussion on what skills are useful to level as much as possible and which ones are better left at level 1-2 but I haven't found anything. I'm a level 57 and so far I have leveled all skills just about all the way up, but I know that probably isn't wise, any help would be appreciated (:
Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Amakaia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Part of why you won't find anything about leaving certain skills unleveled is because, barring personal preferences with primal skills MUCH further down the line, you'll eventually be maxing out all of your skills regardless and there winds up being no reason not to do so.

As a general guide for what to prioritize leveling, though, always keep your passives maxed out first and foremost. After that comes buffs/stances/shatters. Once those are taken care of, then you focus on damaging skills based on a combination of how effective they are and their cost. For example, Gemini Slash level 5 would have priority over Battousai level 10 if you could only level one or the other. However, maxing out Staggering Strike over getting Ion Spike level 6 can be considered perfectly fine based on your own use of the skills and how you play.

In the end, there aren't any skills that you won't want maxed out over time (again, barring some preference on primal skills since some of those involve losing certain skills to get others) and all that can be offered is different advice on how to reach that point.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Amakaia - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Thank You! I was afraid I would run out of spirit and not be able to level the more important skills later on, you answered my questions perfectly and i really appreciate it
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    No problem. I do feel silly for using Seeker examples when we're in the Stormbringer section. Seems I misjudged because I glanced at your avatar before answering. b:laugh

But yes, Spirit isn't capped, so you'll eventually be able to have everything at max regardless of the order you used to get them there.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Amakaia - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Thats ok! lol for some reason it wont let me change my avatar but i do have a seeker alt lol