Cleric, Mystic or Stormborn

lonashi
lonashi Posts: 11
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue on choosing a class. I've played PWI before, but that was about 2-3 years prior. I've almost always played as a Cleric as it is my favorite class of all time. I just like the idea of healing (mostly), being able to fly on firsthand, the buffs and overall attention they get due to their buffs and healing skills.

I used to in-game edit my Clerics with Earthguard eyes and Tideborn hair to complete their look and make them look amazing. However since this isn't possible anymore I find Clerics a bit bland in customization. I've made a ish-ton of Clerics and the quests began to get boring since I was making the same race over and over again due to an issue with a player on there.

I once made an Earthguard and liked it A LOT b:victory. The look of them is beautiful, and the hair isn't bad at all. The meditation wasn't the same as others, it's one of my favorite, and the spawning area/hometown was just amazing. The creatures look amazing, etc. However, I missed the healing and flying that my Cleric was able to do so I switched back to the same thing. I was quite happy, but missed my Earthguard a bit. I've made a Seeker and a Mystic and a Seekers DPS and AoE is just woah b:victory

Now I'm back again and I see there's a new race and class. I generally go for Magic so I plan to choose Stormbringer. I don't know too much about it. They can't fly or heal (which is tragic), but they're not supposed to be the same as Clerics so it's okay. However, if I'm going to play this class, I want it to be long-term and enjoyable (at least to lvl 80). I've seen their transformation and meditation and it's just breathtaking *best out of all to be honest*

So here I am:
Cleric-know and basic class I choose. Fun to play, but will be boring when the same quests come in once again. Once, i reach Archosaur and lvl 30, it will begin to get more fun as I've never gotten past 50 with one (on my own at least). Healing yourself fully in battle and others is amazing. I know I'l thoroughly enjoy this class past 50. I may revert back to this class when playing another one and I don't want to. I want to stick to one.

Mystic-Beautiful class, hometown, armor, never gone past 25 I believe and I've had 2 Mystics. Skills are refreshing and nice. I may come to like this class the more I divulge into it for the first time.

AND LASTLY

Stormbringer-New class, new skills. New everything and it looks so so cool and amazing. b:pleasedI've never tried it before and I don't want to make a mistake of taking this class and not enjoying it. Just the name and description is alluring. I've also viewed the beautiful hometown. But is it really all that?

I know I can make more than one character at a time, but I just want ONE right now.

Which one will be exciting enough for me to diverge from a Cleric? Or would I just have to revert to the same one once again?

Which do you guys believe is the better class?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can fly on all classes at like level 10 now so uhh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can still change your cleric with earthguard eyes and other type hair and such.
    Same goes for other classes, its called ini editing.. You can learn more about that in this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1512531

Also every race have same starting area now with new quests, so no matter what you'll pick it will probably be the new questline and area. In the new starting area you get a flyer already at Lv10, so you should be able to fly almost instantly no matter which class you pick. I guess I should mention the stormbringer can cast while moving, that is unique for that class.
    Since you said you never been at higher level there also still plenty of skills you havent tried out yet. So much changed, so i'm sure no matter what you pick you'll feel its all new for you.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • lonashi
    edited May 2015
    You can still change your cleric with earthguard eyes and other type hair and such.
    Same goes for other classes, its called ini editing.. You can learn more about that in this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1512531

Also every race have same starting area now with new quests, so no matter what you'll pick it will probably be the new questline and area. In the new starting area you get a flyer already at Lv10, so you should be able to fly almost instantly no matter which class you pick. I guess I should mention the stormbringer can cast while moving, that is unique for that class.
    Since you said you never been at higher level there also still plenty of skills you havent tried out yet. So much changed, so i'm sure no matter what you pick you'll feel its all new for you.
    Okay, but when you say flyers...do you mean the ones that just come after a certain quest. I don't like those very much because they have a certain energy stat like 400/400, until they run out. BUT, that's nice that they added that, thank you for telling me. It makes this decision easier. Also, are you sure we can still ini.edit? I tried it with New Horizons, but it didn't work out sadly. I thought they'd (PWI) found a way to put it out :/
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like you want healing, but not be a cleric, cause a storm bringer cant heal (they have a healing skill depending on what variation of the "balls" you have, no where as good as a mystic or cleric)

Go with Mystic. Heals, not as good as a cleric, but still decent. Plus you have pets. Will mix it up for you and bring something "new" for you.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »
    Go with Mystic. Heals, not as good as a cleric, but still decent.

Iy depends on which heals you're talking about. As for pure heal (not stacking regens) then mystics heal better than clerics
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XMickie - Sanctuary
    XMickie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have played all 3, cleric being main and SB only at 70. But here is how I see it at this point.

IMO:
    I feel like cleric is the most flexible because you can be the healer that everyone wants and also DD. After getting primal great cyclone, you can pretty much deal damage endlessly, quick and no CD and deal the most damage. (This is from me using the same g16 glaive on cleric/veno/mys, cleric being vit based and mys/veno being pure mag based) Pretty much nobody will reject you from their squad except for some that doesn't seem to think clerics are DDs.

I really like mystics too, because they are also very flexible. But nobody really expect you to heal as much resulting in people only ever wants you for DD. Another thing, to me, when doing warsong. I have more trouble soloing a pav on a mystic than it is for cleric (still using same weap) because mystic have less movement debuffs (and if i rmb correctly, they are not 100% cast) to keep head away. The pets doesn't deal enough damage on the mobs and they get killed from the suicidal hits. I have no problem soloing any pav on cleric but I can only solo metal/fire on mystic. Perhaps I don't know how to play mystic as well as I do on cleric, but that's how I see it.

SB. So far, the only truly good thing I see from them is that they look magnificent and they can solo PV. Small groups but still solo (basic gears from questing and then later on from quicksand maze) with that AOE skill that can somewhat hold mobs away from you. They do have buffs that's meant to reduce attacks from others but without a real healing skill, I find it a bit harder to play?

I am a on/off player, semi quit and I came back when they released the new classes. And they truly didn't capture my attention enough to stay and play. Before you know it, I quit again leaving my SB at 60ish. Now that I'm back, I still don't find the need to play it as much either. Comparing Nightshade and Earthguard, I actually really liked play mystic and got her to 100 in no time. So fun wise, I prefer mystic over SB. However, starting from 2008, I still play my cleric and she is still my main. Hopefully this helped a bit. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Silvychar. Her super pro siggys <3. b:pleased
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All three classes have their perks but mystic is the strongest. Also they dance better.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Be a psy(sage)..

that is all..
  • lonashi
    edited May 2015
    I forgot Mystics have pets..kind of like Veno's huh? I feel as though sometimes pets are hard to deal with though. You have to level them up and feed them, basic necessities, etc. Plus, sometimes they may not be able to deal enough damage like XMickie said, though correct me if I'm wrong.

What kind of heals do Mystics have in comparison to Clerics (of course they're not as good, but still)?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Mystic pets are actually skills, so leveling and feeding them isn't an issue.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lonashi wrote: »
    I forgot Mystics have pets..kind of like Veno's huh? I feel as though sometimes pets are hard to deal with though. You have to level them up and feed them, basic necessities, etc. Plus, sometimes they may not be able to deal enough damage like XMickie said, though correct me if I'm wrong.

What kind of heals do Mystics have in comparison to Clerics (of course they're not as good, but still)?

Mystic pets are skills so other than lvling the skill as you would any other, no need to lvl it like veno pets. They don't need fed either.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Like others have mentioned, mystic pets don't need fed or levelled. My mystic doesn't even use a pet when doing things like questing because she's strong enough to not bother.

Mystics have a few heal types. They have one that is a full heal, like Wellspring but stronger, that people tend to use the most. The second one (that I use a lot soloing stuff) is similar to cleric's IH but weaker, and is used a bit like a buff - you cast it but it doesn't actually heal until the character is struck by something. It's really handy for a lot of situations. There is also an AOE heal, similar to Chromatic but possibly not as strong. Then they have two healing plant skills as well - healing herb is a bit lame, doesn't do enough to be all that useful, but vital herb (higher chi cost skill) is pretty useful. They constantly heal a squad within radius (like BB, but weaker and without the damage reduction) until they die and you have to cast a new one.

I believe there might also be a healing skill that is from AEU or maybe Morai - something I don't have so I can't comment on it.

I play all three of those classes. Cleric was my favorite for awhile, and as a result I have several (two of them 100+). But mystic is my current favorite class. I find them more versatile than clerics but, like you, I love the heal ability and enjoy playing support classes. Mystic gives me the opportunity to play in a variety of ways, which I enjoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • lonashi
    edited May 2015
    Like others have mentioned, mystic pets don't need fed or levelled. My mystic doesn't even use a pet when doing things like questing because she's strong enough to not bother.

Mystics have a few heal types. They have one that is a full heal, like Wellspring but stronger, that people tend to use the most. The second one (that I use a lot soloing stuff) is similar to cleric's IH but weaker, and is used a bit like a buff - you cast it but it doesn't actually heal until the character is struck by something. It's really handy for a lot of situations. There is also an AOE heal, similar to Chromatic but possibly not as strong. Then they have two healing plant skills as well - healing herb is a bit lame, doesn't do enough to be all that useful, but vital herb (higher chi cost skill) is pretty useful. They constantly heal a squad within radius (like BB, but weaker and without the damage reduction) until they die and you have to cast a new one.

I believe there might also be a healing skill that is from AEU or maybe Morai - something I don't have so I can't comment on it.

I play all three of those classes. Cleric was my favorite for awhile, and as a result I have several (two of them 100+). But mystic is my current favorite class. I find them more versatile than clerics but, like you, I love the heal ability and enjoy playing support classes. Mystic gives me the opportunity to play in a variety of ways, which I enjoy.
    Ah, so I guess I was wrong. Sorry if I offended anyone with my misconception of Mystics. That makes it seem pretty cool and less difficult. So I have it down to Clerics and Mystics, yeah? I would say let's forget the healing, which one is the best, but that's unfair to Clerics hehe.

So rather, uh, by end game. which is more enjoyable or rather better? :D
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mystic single-target healing is actually better than cleric's. Cleric group healing is slightly better. Cleric buffs are better. Mystics outdamage clerics until extreme endgame.

Mystic can solo content better in pve. Clerics are more widely requested in squads in pve.

Mystic is stronger in pvp taken on their own, although clerics are great in group pvp with their buffs.

They're both great classes, so obviously you should choose based on which one dances better.
  • lonashi
    edited May 2015
    Mystic single-target healing is actually better than cleric's. Cleric group healing is slightly better. Cleric buffs are better. Mystics outdamage clerics until extreme endgame.

Mystic can solo content better in pve. Clerics are more widely requested in squads in pve.

Mystic is stronger in pvp taken on their own, although clerics are great in group pvp with their buffs.

They're both great classes, so obviously you should choose based on which one dances better.
    What's up with you and dancing? Hehe. I appreciate your post, but how will dancing help me? I would love to hear this so please explain. :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    What's up with you and dancing? Hehe. I appreciate your post, but how will dancing help me? I would love to hear this so please explain. :)

Go to certain areas on the map and then start dancing. While you are dancing, press: up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a, b. Then you will understand the meaning of PW life and understand which class you should pick. Or you could go with whichever is the most fun.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lonashi
    edited May 2015
    Go to certain areas on the map and then start dancing. While you are dancing, press: up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a, b. Then you will understand the meaning of PW life and understand which class you should pick. Or you could go with whichever is the most fun.
    Got you. I've never came to understand the meaning of PW life before, excuse me.

Also, don't forget the real question guys. Which Is the better class? We have over here in the left wing the beautiful DD and Support Mystic and in the right wing the Healing/Tall-e-Fu** Cleric O.O
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Got you. I've never came to understand the meaning of PW life before, excuse me.

Also, don't forget the real question guys. Which Is the better class? We have over here in the left wing the beautiful DD and Support Mystic and in the right wing the Healing/Tall-e-Fu** Cleric O.O

It's so hard to call one class better than the other. As a cleric, I've never had any problems with PvE content. Anything that can't be soloed is very easy to get help with (especially for clerics). At lower levels, I find that a mystic has to work a lot harder to match up to the healing power of a cleric. That's not a bad thing, but it's something to consider. Healing as a mystic is a lot of fun, and you do have more flexibility in your role than a cleric does. At end game though, clerics are allowed to fill the dd role as well, especially with primal cyclone.

You really just have to pick what you like. I've only ever played a mystic to the 70s, and I love it, but cleric is my main, and I think it'll always be my favorite.
  • lonashi
    edited May 2015
    It's so hard to call one class better than the other. As a cleric, I've never had any problems with PvE content. Anything that can't be soloed is very easy to get help with (especially for clerics). At lower levels, I find that a mystic has to work a lot harder to match up to the healing power of a cleric. That's not a bad thing, but it's something to consider. Healing as a mystic is a lot of fun, and you do have more flexibility in your role than a cleric does. At end game though, clerics are allowed to fill the dd role as well, especially with primal cyclone.

You really just have to pick what you like. I've only ever played a mystic to the 70s, and I love it, but cleric is my main, and I think it'll always be my favorite.
    I think I understand. So each of them has it's challenges. I heard Mystics are great for farming, I wonder how though? I don't see myself spending money on any of them at the moment so I hope they're quite cheap until about lvl 80.

Are they on equal terms by end-game? I want to know which is a better choice for going all they way (R9 and such) and not regretting it.

In the end it is my decision, but having some opinions wouldn't hurt. Thank you everyone so far :3
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    I think I understand. So each of them has it's challenges. I heard Mystics are great for farming, I wonder how though? I don't see myself spending money on any of them at the moment so I hope they're quite cheap until about lvl 80.

Are they on equal terms by end-game? I want to know which is a better choice for going all they way (R9 and such) and not regretting it.

In the end it is my decision, but having some opinions wouldn't hurt. Thank you everyone so far :3

Mystics are pretty expensive on mana costs, at least until you can use the level 75+ pots. Clerics use a lot of mana too of course, but not as much as mystics.

I really think the main thing is for you to decide what type of class you want to play. Keep in mind that, once leveled and geared, both classes are great.

Clerics are still in high demand and are usually the preferred healers, but you aren't limited to healing. You'll support your squad with buffs, debuffs, and damage. But when you are stuck healing, depending on the instance, it can be boring.

Mystics are very much loved in squads as well but maybe not requested as often. You'll be expected to dd mostly, but you'll be able to take over healing if things go wrong, and you will be able to solo heal some things. The pets and plants aspect kind of makes them more interesting than clerics as there is a lot to learn to use them well.

To me, it almost comes down to whether you want to be seen as healer first or dd. Without knowing more about how you like to play, I'd have to recommend you try both. Get one of each to level 100 (or at least mid levels). A variety can be fun anyway :o
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mystics suck mana like freaking crazy. It's the reason I never log mine anymore. You can cut that cost if you don't transfuse mana to pet but I didn't like playing like that. I don't think clerics use even half the mana mystics do. Both culti's for cleric have mana regen skills that relieve a lot of that cost in PVE.
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Mystics suck mana like freaking crazy. It's the reason I never log mine anymore. You can cut that cost if you don't transfuse mana to pet but I didn't like playing like that. I don't think clerics use even half the mana mystics do. Both culti's for cleric have mana regen skills that relieve a lot of that cost in PVE.

I'm fairly certain mystics get a mana skill as one of their 79 skills, but I don't think it's very spammable.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm fairly certain mystics get a mana skill as one of their 79 skills, but I don't think it's very spammable.

Not spammable at all but very useful.
    At endgame or close to endgame you won't have any mana issue though. And (sage) mystic is one of the cheaper class to bot with actually.
    But yes I remember the lack of mana was really annoying until i got triple spark and this 79 skill.
    You can still struggle with mana a little if you use rez buff on every people you see but except than that this is really ok.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    Not spammable at all but very useful.
    At endgame or close to endgame you won't have any mana issue though. And (sage) mystic is one of the cheaper class to bot with actually.
    But yes I remember the lack of mana was really annoying until i got triple spark and this 79 skill.
    You can still struggle with mana a little if you use rez buff on every people you see but except than that this is really ok.

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured mana wasn't such an issue at end game b:pleased
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Yeah. And the cost becomes even less of a problem above level 90 via the free MP pots from divine contracts.

It's just the pre-75 hurdle and the cost for 75-90 that really leave you drained when it comes to MP.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have played all 3 classes - Cleric for years, Mystic since it came out and Stormbringer since it came out. My main is a demon Barbarian, but my demon Cleric has full g16 gear (good and rather easily obtainable 100+ gear better than original r9) and he is level 102/102/101, my demon Mystic shares the same gear and is 101/101/101, my demon Stormbringer will use the gearset as well and currently he is level 98. In other words, I have high level experience on all except Stormbringer in some aspects.

I'll go class by class how I feel about them.

Cleric

They are most reliable and easiest to play when it comes to healing. Getting their heals to full potential takes a while (stacking IH or slower casting skill like Stream of Rejuvenation to get up a bunch of HP). BB is great (regeneration aura, reduces 50% of incoming damage of party members and constantly AOE heals) but maybe bit overappreciated. With decent good set of gear at 100+ you'll find that healing others is usually very easy and you find time for something else like debuffing or DDing.

You have Wings of Protection you can give to others to shield them a little, and you have 100% working purify which is a very important support skill. People will also love your buffs. As a demon cleric you can also restore your own and other people's mana. You have seals for debuffing and controlling the enemy when necessary.

Cleric's damage is fine, but not glorious before you get primal great cyclone and ultraviolet dance. This will take a while to achieve.

Clerics can solo PV and other instances if they know their class well. By using genie and your control skills right you get far and can keep yourself alive for a long time - you have three different shields you can use on yourself, not to mention the greatness of IH stack and fast purify. Clerics are wanted in squads for heals and supportivity, but as a DD they might not want you. Aesthetically speaking clerics can look kinda cool in violet dance form, and some of their newer skills have pretty neat effects.

Mystic

Their single heals are STRONG. A mystic can keep themselves alive simply by spamming their basic heal if they do not get one shotted or interrupted. They have a non-stackable, however still very handy heal-over-time skill that will give a buff on the player and be triggered when the player gets hit (Falling Petals). Their AoE heal has rather long channeling and cast time but they get another AoE heal at 100+ that will heal a chunk of HP over time at the cost of one spark and you can move around while using it, the heal will affect players nearby you (Gaia's blessing). You can also use two different types of plants for AoE heal.
    As a mystic you can put a shield on target with Salvation summon, and you can reduce incoming damage with spidervine plant. These two aspects help mystics to counter the loss of skills like BB and wings of protection. A skilled mystic can heal you through Wraithgate without needing a purify.

The biggest con in mystic healing, imo, is the lack of purify. Itis not necessarily needed in most places, but it still could be helpful. A sage mystic can purify with a 25% chance on their basic heal Break in the Clouds, whereas Demon mystic has a 33% chance to purify on their AoE heal but cannnot decide which target gets the purify. Best to not rely on the purify, instead take advantage of your strengths.

Mystics have useful buffs. Their self-buff increases some of their defenses, their group buffs at 100+ will increase skill damage, heal effect/regeneration/charm cd reduce and they have the resurrection buff. Mystics also have their plants for debuffing purposes mostly, and their summons to assist mystic with DD or supporting. Summons will consume mystic's own mana, but I found it lot easier to control your mana after the 79 skill.

Damage-wise mystics are good, very good. They have a skill to boost their damage and channeling, skill to leech their summons off and give them specific boosts - these aspects and the fast channeling makes a mystic have a good DPS.

While playing a mystic even in the healer's role you will find yourself dealing damage at the monsters while at it, at least most of the time. A mystic can also easily heal themselves while fighting against monsters and bosses. They can solo PV easier than clerics and I find them more regenerative.

Stormbringer

I doubt no one has still fully mastered this class. They cast while moving and depending on the amount of ice or thunder charges they have in use their skills have different boosts and effects. They channel fast and they have excellent control ability, including a paralyze. They also got plenty of AOEs. In my eyes theyre pure DDs with a lovely magic defense debuff.

Survival-wise they dont shine as much as clerics and mystics. They have one rather powerful self-heal that will not allow you to move, and they have a passive that will help a bit with their defenses but they are not exactly... regenerative or tanky. SBs best defense is to avoid being hit, which is easy on this class in most situatons. Their 79 skill lets them to create a clone of themselves that will be available for 20 seconds, deal decent damage and the summon is rather tanky. It is a great distraction.

SBs have few interesting skills which make them fun to play. For example electrostatic discharge, which damages the target as it moves. It is simply fascinating.

Dont forget SBs have a beautiful meditation, and they can turn into their reaper form which also looks absolutely gorgeous. It is aesthetically very good class. As an SB you will not have to deal with the stress of healing others, just damage away.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have played all 3 classes - Cleric for years, Mystic since it came out and Stormbringer since it came out. My main is a demon Barbarian, but my demon Cleric has full g16 gear (good and rather easily obtainable 100+ gear better than original r9) and he is level 102/102/101, my demon Mystic shares the same gear and is 101/101/101, my demon Stormbringer will use the gearset as well and currently he is level 98. In other words, I have high level experience on all except Stormbringer in some aspects.

Cleric

They are most reliable and easiest to play when it comes to healing. Getting their heals to full potential takes a while (stacking IH or slower casting skill like Stream of Rejuvenation to get up a bunch of HP). BB is great (regeneration aura, reduces 50% of incoming damage of party members and constantly AOE heals) but maybe bit overappreciated. With decent good set of gear at 100+ you'll find that healing others is usually very easy and you find time for something else like debuffing or DDing.

You have Wings of Protection you can give to others to shield them a little, and you have 100% working purify which is a very important support skill. People will also love your buffs. As a demon cleric you can also restore your own and other people's mana. You have seals for debuffing and controlling the enemy when necessary.

Cleric's damage is fine, but not glorious before you get primal great cyclone and ultraviolet dance. This will take a while to achieve.

Clerics can solo PV and other instances if they know their class well. By using genie and your control skills right you get far and can keep yourself alive for a long time - you have three different shields you can use on yourself, not to mention the greatness of IH stack and fast purify. Clerics are wanted in squads for heals and supportivity, but as a DD they might not want you. Aesthetically speaking clerics can look kinda cool in violet dance form, and some of their newer skills have pretty neat effects.

Mystic

Their single heals are STRONG. A mystic can keep themselves alive simply by spamming their basic heal if they do not get one shotted or interrupted. They have a non-stackable, however still very handy heal-over-time skill that will give a buff on the player and be triggered when the player gets hit (Falling Petals). Their AoE heal has rather long channeling and cast time but they get another AoE heal at 100+ that will heal a chunk of HP over time at the cost of one spark and you can move around while using it, the heal will affect players nearby you (Gaia's blessing). You can also use two different types of plants for AoE heal.
    As a mystic you can put a shield on target with Salvation summon, and you can reduce incoming damage with spidervine plant. These two aspects help mystics to counter the loss of skills like BB and wings of protection. A skilled mystic can heal you through Wraithgate without needing a purify.

The biggest con in mystic healing, imo, is the lack of purify. Itis not necessarily needed in most places, but it still could be helpful. A sage mystic can purify with a 25% chance on their basic heal Break in the Clouds, whereas Demon mystic has a 33% chance to purify on their AoE heal but cannnot decide which target gets the purify. Best to not rely on the purify, instead take advantage of your strengths.

Mystics have useful buffs. Their self-buff increases some of their defenses, their group buffs at 100+ will increase skill damage, heal effect/regeneration/charm cd reduce and they have the resurrection buff. Mystics also have their plants for debuffing purposes mostly, and their summons to assist mystic with DD or supporting. Summons will consume mystic's own mana, but I found it lot easier to control your mana after the 79 skill.

Damage-wise mystics are good, very good. They have a skill to boost their damage and channeling, skill to leech their summons off and give them specific boosts - these aspects and the fast channeling makes a mystic have a good DPS.

While playing a mystic even in the healer's role you will find yourself dealing damage at the monsters while at it, at least most of the time. A mystic can also easily heal themselves while fighting against monsters and bosses. They can solo PV easier than clerics and I find them more regenerative.

Stormbringer

I doubt no one has still fully mastered this class. They cast while moving and depending on the amount of ice or thunder charges they have in use their skills have different boosts and effects. They channel fast and they have excellent control ability, including a paralyze. They also got plenty of AOEs. In my eyes theyre pure DDs with a lovely magic defense debuff.

Survival-wise they dont shine as much as clerics and mystics. They have one rather powerful self-heal that will not allow you to move, and they have a passive that will help a bit with their defenses but they are not exactly... regenerative or tanky. SBs best defense is to avoid being hit, which is easy on this class in most situatons. Their 79 skill lets them to create a clone of themselves that will be available for 20 seconds, deal decent damage and the summon is rather tanky. It is a great distraction.

SBs have few interesting skills which make them fun to play. For example electrostatic discharge, which damages the target as it moves. It is simply fascinating.

Dont forget SBs have a beautiful meditation, and they can turn into their reaper form which also looks absolutely gorgeous. It is aesthetically very good class. As an SB you will not have to deal with the stress of healing others, just damage away.

The clone of Storm deals decent dmg?What are you talking about?
    The clone is the best thing to use on lvl? mobs and bosses. On those my clone deals more dmg than my toon.
    Use clone on and avatar of the storm on a lvl? boss and if your squad members dont outgear you , you will deal more dmg than them.
    Carefull... you may pull aggro on you. happend to me with Illusion Namen in TT3-1.
    I took aggro from a T3 seeker. My toon was not even complete G15 at that moment.
    giphy.gif

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All classes in this game are amazing. none of them are hard to master and even less a challange to being played decently.

To return to OPs question:

SBs are supreme DMG dealers that will out-DMG any other caster by far due to their massive beduffs, chi gain, dmg adds (such as pet, avatar of the storm). Lets also not forget about all those AOEs. they really shine in Mass pvp and for killing groups of mobs in PvE.

Mystics are allrounder...but aside of their common combo for PvP they deal considerably low dmg. They can keep any single target alive tho...in a way not even clerics could imagine. Their buffs are also neat.

Clerics...I suggest you stay a cleric. But only if you plan on really mastering this class. masterly played clerics can be broken in nearly any aspect of PvP and are decent as hell for PvE anyways. Not the highest dmg due to sucky skills...and you can totally forget the AOEing but they are still amazing. Aurora stuffs and Seal if the gods. Do I need to say more? xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • lonashi
    edited May 2015

Cleric

Mystic

Stormbringer

Very informative, thank you. And to everyone else as well. I rolled onto a Mystic yesterday just to test out the char and see how it was. Once again, this is the moment where I realize I have been gone too long >.>

Everything was completely different and scared me, it really did, but it was nice. Funny thing was, I enjoyed playing with the Mystic as the skills felt refreshing once again and the meditation was beautiful as always, and there was a Cleric playing right beside me. I took me a while to register I was watching her for the past 2 minutes or so and that's when my indecisive side re-emerged and I realized I was at a stand still once again ._.

I mistook her for a Stormbringer at first due to her in-game editing of her character with the eyes, skin, and I believe hair of a Sotrmbringer, however her skills and icon registered her as a Cleric. This really peaked my interest, showing that ini.editing is still available and highly effective.

So here is my current viewpoint and please excuse my indeciciveness as I'm working on it:

Clerics:
    Pros:
    -Healing
    -Popularity
    -Buffs (for Self, Squad, Strangers even, etc.)
    -Damage is decent (better at endgame)
    -Low Mana Consumption
    -They can FLY O.O

Cons:
    -Squishy (especially at lower levels)
    -Can't solo very well unless done right
    -Low dd (at lower levels)
    -Original class, not much interest in certain aspects (mediation, primary (default) armor)

Mystics:
    Pros:
    -Healing (not as great as Clerics, but that instant hit petal thing that was mentioned sounds dope :3)
    -PETS, that can considerably help out
    -DD is strong, especially at higher levels
    -Useful buffs (res buff, which I wish Clerics had D;)
    -Can easily solo
    -Great farming class
    -Beautiful animations and characters (mediation , eyes, skin, hair, the list goes on)

Cons:
    -High Mana Consumption
    -CANNOT FLY (jk. But personal opinion. While i was playing the other day, let me tell you, some destinations and long walks could have been avoided with wings or a flyer >_>)

And that's about it., I believe. I will surely try a Stormbringer in the future, their weapons and characters (Nightshade race all together) look amazing and detailed.

Just writing that out, Mystics seem less negative but I'm still attached to Clerics. Any last thoughts? Correct my pros and cons if I'm wrong or maybe add something. I think I'm ready to make a decision soon. Everyone has been very helpful so far. This is great thank you :D
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You literally get a flyer at level 10. It takes like an hour at most. idk why the hell that's even still a con.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute