Smoke Over Archosaur Event

Clergywoman - Raging Tide
Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
i know, most of you joined this thread in expectation of another QQ and whine thread complaining about the failings of pwi and pwi-staff. but you are wrong - this time.

this is a rare case where we can say:

great event, well done pwi! b:thanks

-rewards up to 10m coins
-rewards up to 10m additional exp
-rewards nice exp from the mobs
-gives great opportunity to farm more "Sparkling Crystals"to get the "Anniversary Adventure" B-card set. (adds to the card-title pool)
-and it actually works! b:chuckle

so, good job pwi! b:cute

*now fix my luck index pls* b:shutup
gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
Post edited by Clergywoman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good For You.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would have to agree. It is a great event with nice rewards, so agreed, thank you PWI

And even though glitchy, a BIG thank you for all the May log-in goodies. You have outdone yourselves. Its a lot of good stuff! b:victory
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree, Smoke Over Archosaur Event is well-thought-out, because not only OP-toons win and benefit. APS toons have it more easy to obtain more crystals, but everyone gets the reward at the end.
    Rewards are also reasonable for a 20min event:

45 Mirages or
    1x Ecstasy Card or
    1000x Perfect Stones or
    1x Excitement Card or
    1x Ten Million Big Note

And a chance for additional exp items (chance for 1x Ten M. Note seems to be 1 or 2%, chance for Excitement Card seems to be ~5%; all others have about same chances?).

Just the "1000 Perfect Stones reward" is not that good for farmers (but good for merchants). Mystical Tome Fragments have no value anymore if no one farms card bosses (tomes are no good sellers anymore, at least on our server everyone and their mother has already several good ones and we just stash/trade them for our other toons.

In general: thank you, developers, we see and appreciate the job you have done. Temporarily interacting NPCs (changing in-game environment) are the right way to go. Situational music would be a nice add-on for the future, just an idea.
  • silverbot
    silverbot Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know its late to ask, but not too late. Whats this event about?
    95% of the mobs are untargetable. And the rest are like 100 mobs for the whole server.
    I have a feeling that I miss something here.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    silverbot wrote: »
    95% of the mobs are untargetable. And the rest are like 100 mobs for the whole server.

Shhhhh! It's wonderful, right?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    silverbot wrote: »

Bots might not work that well, but all others have no problems. I can get (dual clienting) easily ~60-70 crystals per event while staying in same corner. Dig at the randomized spawning portals to release a mob if there are none around (that's obviously an anti-bot mechanic).

First hit on a mob triggers the event. Second kill starts giving EXP. Visit General Summer after mob waves.
    First hit on boss ensures that you get a random reward at the end.

Some people just lag too much and can't do anything before boss dies (boss dies fast when 100+ toons dd - with all debuffs available. Just switch to "best performance" (e.g. "only display your own model", turn off all players on mini map), tab to select the boss and hit F12 for auto-attack.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also to those people that didn't know, this is something you can only get the reward from once a day...so if it happens to happen twice in a day you can only get the reward once.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • silverbot
    silverbot Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks war34child, that was actually very helpful.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    war34child wrote: »
    Bots might not work that well, but all others have no problems. I can get (dual clienting) easily ~60-70 crystals per event while staying in same corner. Dig at the randomized spawning portals to release a mob if there are none around (that's obviously an anti-bot mechanic).
    If you're after those sparkling crystals, setting bot mode on an alt isn't a bad idea. Just pick an area with flat ground or you'll be running into walls a lot. On Morai most people seem to be after XP, max kills, rather then grabbing the sparklies.
    Some people just lag too much and can't do anything before boss dies (boss dies fast when 100+ toons dd - with all debuffs available. Just switch to "best performance" (e.g. "only display your own model", turn off all players on mini map), tab to select the boss and hit F12 for auto-attack.
    The northeast boss (spawns where the cube dog used to be in the northeast section) is the least laggy - people with performance issues are better off returning to Gen Summer a bit early, and go there to ensure they get the needed hit. I've seen people use Seal of the God to prolong the boss's life a little... seemed a troll tactic at first, but I can see the validity of it when considering this.

As for getting the reward once per day... just log an alt the second time. It's once per day per character, not once per day per account.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.