ARC suggestion: Redeeming via website?

Options
Evryn - Morai
Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Suggestion Box
With the recent hubhub about ARC not running on XP anymore I was kinda thinking... is there a reason why code redeeming couldn't be handled through the ARC website rather then through the client? People are logging in with their arc account at the site anyway. It would be convenient for people to be able to access their ARC account on any browser... forgot your Jones/Omalley and don't want to tab out of the game? Simply load up arcgames.com on a mobile device or something, log in, redeem, and grab the stuff ingame rightaway. Convenient!
I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
Post edited by Evryn - Morai on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    They could do that but I'm not sure they want...
    Facebook blessings have been introduced to promote the FB page(s) and to nicely force you to visit once a week.
    Now blessings are in Arc in order to motivate people to use it I guess.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mhh. Personally I just load ARC once a month, redeem a months worth of blessings for all my toons and then kill it again, so I'm not sure if that incentive is really working as intended there... I still don't see the added benefit of ARC. It gobbles up a lot of memory by keeping 4 browser processes open all the time (Google Chrome from the looks of it) but aside from that it literally... does nothing for me.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah um.... remember that ocean orb exploit? I'm sure you do.

That was what happened when we had a code page on the website directly and a popular code came about. It happened to a lesser extent during anniversaries as well where the page would drop entirely and many would get their items multiple times and the like. It was basically proven that the code page couldn't handle stress very well, so having it removed in favor of something more stable (never thought I'd use that to describe Arc) actually makes sense here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Evryn
    I do agree.
    I'm not an Arc defender and I do the same as you regarding the blessings.
    Besides, as an application manager I wouldn't consider the "forced users" as real users.
    Still, it's very important for them to promote Arc and I wouldn't bet that blessings could soon be obtained via an internet browser. Even if this would obviously be a good thing, especially being able to redeem all codes using a smartphone.

Edit : And Kossy is right even if we could expect something more stable using web technology only.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm agreed with this, Tho...

My problem here is this is not just a PWI point. It relates to all the games in ARC. Im not handling ARC suggestions for many reasons.

OPKossy wrote: »

That was what happened when we had a code page on the website directly and a popular code came about. It happened to a lesser extent during anniversaries as well where the page would drop entirely and many would get their items multiple times and the like. It was basically proven that the code page couldn't handle stress very well, so having it removed in favor of something more stable (never thought I'd use that to describe Arc) actually makes sense here.

This was amusing to read and the Nail on the head. I think the point remains something that works is better than something that does not work. If you want to Suggest this have a look at the ARC Forums they have a suggestion dedicated just for ARC.

Sorry I cant really be of much more help.

Thanks,
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Just be glad it's not Core.

Anyone here who didn't try the Core Client Beta, consider yourselves lucky. That client was even more broken than the first release of Arc, and had even less functionality.

Ugh, that client was awful.

Compared to that, Arc is Steam-level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Arc is Steam-level.

this made me laugh so much... In fact im still laughing now...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just be glad it's not Core.

Anyone here who didn't try the Core Client Beta, consider yourselves lucky. That client was even more broken than the first release of Arc, and had even less functionality.

Ugh, that client was awful.

Compared to that, Arc is Steam-level.

Things Arc is better at

1. Being better than Core!
    2. Being better at giving away blessings!
    3. Codes in general!
    4. Being better than Pando Media Booster!
    5. Advertising other PWE games!
    6. Buying Zen!
    7. Being able to click a button in-game to open a ticket!
    8. Downloading multiple PWE titles
    9. Being better at cataloging which codes you've redeemed
    10. Showing you how long it's been since you started using Arc
    11. Better than Core Client!
    12. Making you really think over your life's decisions!

And finally....
    13. Getting you lots of friends that you've never even played with, met, or will meet!

Looks like codes is on the list of Arc's many talents!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!