[Maintenance Discussion] 5/12/15 COMPLETE

2»

Comments

• Sirkura - Raging Tide
    Sirkura - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    linder420 wrote: »
    so u would deni people the ability to do there quest just because they want the drops from the wb's and im guessing ur probably one of the ones that farm them and mess it up so no one else can do there quest too huh. nice to know...
    war34child wrote: »
    Of course I farm them when I get the chance lol. There are just two world bosses and one mini world boss which are required to obtain some titles. People even invited my alts (I told them I'll leave squad before they will pick up the drops) just to get those titles. I was never rejected and I'm on a pvp server..

this ^

i've been playing since beta, i've seen the game go thru a lot of changes, there are very few players who have been around so long that are stilll here. there are things i miss about the old game but there is a lot of things i love about the newer updates. (ever do a quest without autopath? O.O) i think more things should be tradable, this doesn't just help the CS players but also free to play players like myself, making another way for us to obtain skills, gears, mats, etc as well as an income. also allows the game to be more recreational again. as it is having so many things to farm is nearly impossible to manage when your working full time.

harpy wraith used to spawn only every 30 days. and only 1 squad of up to 6 got the mats at a time. now it spawns every reset if i'm not mistaken. i also chuckle when people complain about the dino pet that randomely spawns every 12-24 hrs, there used to be a pet that only spawned once every 31 days!

even more then then the state of the game currently, the biggest hit PWI took is because they stopped advertising. when was the last time you saw an advertisement for the game? there is no hope for a game if the networking is destroyed, there won't be any fresh players period, actually when i joined pwi i saw an ad for it on a torrent website xD
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    even more then then the state of the game currently, the biggest hit PWI took is because they stopped advertising. when was the last time you saw an advertisement for the game? there is no hope for a game if the networking is destroyed, there won't be any fresh players period, actually when i joined pwi i saw an ad for it on a torrent website xD

When a game is really good it might be even a self runner (it would be viral on social media platforms). Imo the company was never good in advertising. The promotion videos were... well, just watch the genesis trailer on youtube.

The game itself is a very nice one (I wouldn't play it when I wouldn't like it). But "the game" includes also "the company". And they people which make the decisions don't understand their own games.

Look at their homepage and check out the "GAMES" section. The key words for PWI are "MMO, Customization, Fantasy, PvP". The unique word is "Customization". THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT! Everyone wants to be unique, everyone wants unique toons. So many other MMO developers are like autistics which don't understand this point. But the original developers of PWI got it.

But what's a company like PWE doing with a game like this? They remove the ability to create unique characters right at the character creation screen. They destroy the first impression of the game. Unbelievable. You have to ini edit your character settings by your own, in a very complicated way. Other versions even have an "advanced makeover scroll". PWE/I? Doesn't care enough. Stupid folk.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    SweetieBot can you report server status?
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 98ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 99ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 98ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 101ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 34ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 29ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 36ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 105ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh the age old QQ bout farmers farming WBs and not letting everybody get some, lol. WBs are and always have been a competition, back in days you needed faction to do them, nowdays a sin can effectively and quickly solo one. By the nature of the WBs they were intended to be fought over hence dont hate the players, hate the game.

As for getting title quests done, lol. Cenminator and whats his face, the ones needed in title quests, do not drop any mats. They have also been nerfed to like 2m hp so pretty much anybody can solo em. In short no farmer will spend the time to get there and kill them as they dont drop any mats.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pentafairy wrote: »
    SweetieBot serverstatus pls
    Does that make sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so can anyone say if the pet cages and inv stones on sale work for EVERYONE(that had it pre expenasion maxed)?

i see the super stones arent back in boutqiue so weary....