Mounts under water.

Options
bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I thought we were getting the ability to somehow upgrade our mounts to walk under water in this expansion.I remember I read something somewere on the forum but cant rember which thread. I guess it was the Asterelle thread about the upcoming expansion which was long time before the official anouncement but I am not sure.

Or it was just my dream?
If it was just my dream a mod can just close this thread.
giphy.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I thought we were getting the ability to somehow upgrade our mounts to walk under water in this expansion.I remember I read something somewere on the forum but cant rember which thread. I guess it was the Asterelle thread about the upcoming expansion which was long time before the official anouncement but I am not sure.

Or it was just my dream?

It's supposed to come with the next expansion. You must be remembering the translated information from those teaser threads we had around, those popped up around a month ago. I think China got that expansion already, but not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ... looks like the underwater mounts are not real. That screenshot from long ago, showing someone mounted on a fish holding their weapon, seems to be the same thing as that Vale quest when you ride a Solaris Phoenix. It's just something to show the area.

In this video you can't see any of the NPCs or mobs around. Much like that Vale quest.

/5char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    /5char

Thanks for that, even better, we can finally put it to rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015
    Options
    /5char

I am not talking about what you say there. I am talking about the mounts we players already got.
    The ability to upgrade our mounts to walk under water.
    And the thread I am talking about is the one from last year. The one about Eclipse expansion not the one about the content update that PWCN had this year.
    giphy.gif

• Embalmed - Archosaur
    Embalmed - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am not talking about what you say there. I am talking about the mounts we players already got.
    The ability to upgrade our mounts to walk under water.
    And the thread I am talking about is the one from last year. The one about Eclipse expansion not the one about the content update that PWCN had this year.

That post is actually from the newest expansion information not Eclipse... And it was stated that underwater mounts don't exist because the screenshots we saw is the same as the video in that it's only showing you the area similar to celestial vale when you are taken to get your flyer.
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That post is actually from the newest expansion information not Eclipse... And it was stated that underwater mounts don't exist because the screenshots we saw is the same as the video in that it's only showing you the area similar to celestial vale when you are taken to get your flyer.

One more time I will say this.
    I am not talking about the rumor that new mounts that can be ride under water will come in the next update.
    I am talking about the mounts we already got in our version. The ones that we are riding right now and the ability to upgrade them to walk under water. I am talking about the deer, the lion, the horse, the fox, the snake( forgot their names in the game) that we players currently got.

Edit: I found it. Is in the thread I was talking about not the one that you guys were reffering to.Btw the one that you guys are talking about is not written by Asterelle.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1715941&highlight=Eclipse+Expansion+Preview

there it clearly says that Mounts can be upgraded to go under water not that there will be new mounts that can go under water.
    giphy.gif

• Embalmed - Archosaur
    Embalmed - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    As it looks to be right now there are no mounts at all that will be underwater... upgrade able or new. I would have assumed "underwater mounts" was enough to encompass both new and old mounts.
    edited May 2015
    Options
    there it clearly says that Mounts can be upgraded to go under water not that there will be new mounts that can go under water.

As all "here comes a new expansion" threads, the info we get are mostly rumors from seeing screenshots. We saw a toon on a fish mount seemingly underwater and assumed we would get underwater mounts (and/or upgrades). But we got nothing.

From the moment I saw that weapon while mounted I was suspicious. Why would the weapon show if we can't battle on mount? Then, when expansion came and we had that "tour throughout Vale" thing on a phoenix, I got the feeling we would not get those mounts. And I still think we won't. Would be only useful in the new primal area, but with this new swimming passive... We most likely won't see underwater mounts happening.

Yes, could be fun, but too few uses to be worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    edited May 2015
    Options

Proves nothing. Happens when you disconnect. Could also be from private server. And it's a gif.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

Or it was just my dream?

If the info doesn't come from PWE or PWI then it doesn't exist as real. Rumors are just rumors. Nothing else.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Proves nothing. Happens when you disconnect. Could also be from private server. And it's a gif.

very astute. except i wasnt disconected. just had a 156k ping spike. and ofcourse its a gif. its better proof than stills. since mounts will stick around for a few seconds after you hit the water any still like the ones you linked could be faked in such a way regardless of ping or conecction status. ive never seen a private server with water mounts.

also i never claimed it to be real. just posted them because i thought it was neat and semi relevent to the thread. b:chuckle b:pleased
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mounts under water..why..WHY..WHYYYYYY!!

I just want my mount to not go away once it hits water shoulder high.