Revamping TW

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll get into the topic as well.

Server population is lower now, so getting people to TW or filling multiple factions with people wanting to TW is harder to do. Then, we have people that like to gather in one faction and roll the others just so they can be the winners (bonus points if they complain TW is boring).

We can't really do much about that and we know that server merges are unlikely to happen, so that leaves us with other options. I like the idea of getting rewards for participating in TW, in the same way as NW works. I think that would be a good incentive for people, especially if it applies to both sides.
    Points/Items awarded could be used for multiple things. Preferably not for some kind of gear, for those that don't want to TW, but things like apoth, charms, low grade dragon orbs, mirages, shards (or gems?) and more. That could at least cover the expenses of the TW.

Towers should be auto-built, but then allow people to switch the tower according to what type they want. I also like the ideas of adding extra guards at different places, buff/heal/boost auras inside base (or at gates) etc. as well as different TW maps so that people can be more creative with strategies.

I don't agree with raising the cap of 80 people because it would make some players unable to participate. There are a lot of players that can barely handle a 80v80 TW as it is... and considering PWI runs on an old engine, I don't know how much a good computer would even help. Limiting factions to just 80 people wouldn't work either. One because ganks* are possible in the game, and they make things interesting. Two, because sometimes people can't attend TW for one reason or another, so you can't rely on just 80 members.

Ah, well. This is just a waste of time but I guess one can dream. It's fun to think of what could be done.

* Well, I know those don't happen very often, but I've had the luck to participate in some really fun TWs thanks to the enemy faction, who was much stronger, having a double/triple defence.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "both, losers and winner...".
    Ahh , if u put it that way ..yes ;)

Eng isnt my main langauge either, but by using --> , <--- or not using it, can change the whole meaning

I guess soon Andress will post too, then he will probably explain which way did he meant it

Server population is lower now, so getting people to TW or filling multiple factions with people wanting to TW is harder to do. Then, we have people that like to gather in one faction and roll the others just so they can be the winners (bonus points if they complain TW is boring).
    I agree on that x.x
    Other thing i noticed , that at least 8/10 ppl who u try to recruit, is someones alts whos main is already in TW faction.

I wonder how it is in China. How balanced their TW r, Probably if they dont have problems there, they wont bother change it here. b:surrender

And what can our PW do? Nothing x.x just merge servers b:surrender
  • dblazen
    dblazen Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well yeah you were in Tempest then rage quit it while it was being beat down. When the merge happened you wanted to be back and they denied you. I can see why this would upset you.

Nobody forces you to read forums. Enjoy your semi retirement. Bye

Puuuhleeeaaase andres, don't post like you know anything about my time there, why I left and the re-app I did.
    If you don't know anything about that, I suggest you don't post about it unless you want the entire story to be posted, but for everyone's sake, let's not go there because it's old news that no one needs to know and no one is interested it.

For the record, the reason I left had very little to do with TW.
    Also for the other record, I know why I was rejected and by whom I was rejected.
    The sweet irony is in the recent people that you guys did let in lately and the reason you gave us for our rejection.

Regardless, that's enough off-topic for today, I gave my suggestions for TW, so i'll leave it at that.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't play on DW but TW needs to be able to cater for more than 80 people from each faction. Never understood the point of 200 people factions with 80 cap in TW. Might as well limit factions to 80 people and get everyone else in competing TW factions on the map.
    Games are only fun when they are a challenge and when swarms of OP's hardcore merchers and cash shoppers flock to a faction it becomes very easy for 1 faction to simply dominate the map.

Honestly with the populations on the servers as low as they are atm, should just do 50-ish people per guild. Should pretty much automatically divide the bigger guilds into 2 or 3 new ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Honestly with the populations on the servers as low as they are atm, should just do 50-ish people per guild. Should pretty much automatically divide the bigger guilds into 2 or 3 new ones.

Oh, that's a good idea actually. If they'd lower the number of people inside the TW. It would help people with bad computers and, like you said, it would force at least a couple of factions to split so that people get the chance to TW. In that case lowering the faction member limit to something like 100-120 would make sense as well.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Faction splitting would sound logical on paper but that would mean someone would have to lead the newly made factions that would result. Unless people step up to become a leader of the new faction, faction splitting isn't gonna happen. Or it would have happened by now. Very few people want to lead a faction these days, and that doesn't surprise me.

How many ex leaders do we have on the servers now that even still play?
  • PetalaRubra - Dreamweaver
    PetalaRubra - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Reduce the number of players in tw would help a lot in the lag, would be a good experience compared to what the most part of players have.
    I dont think is hard find leaders if u check we have a lot of factions in server, without objective is truth, but I dont think find leaders is a real problem. Be active is, in a game that only bring improvement for who pays, its hard stay playing year over year.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    im pretty sure thread started like this

I didnt know what happened in WC at that moment, or what EQ did. (of course now i know and i understand them)
    Who is he calling as both losers? Dyna and Eq? Cuz thats how i understand that. And thats like already provoking to another drama thread.
    As already mentioned, he's talking about both the winner and loser of the battles agreeing that TW needed a revamp. Not calling them both losers.

Its still in 1st page and u didnt even fix it and yet u post in that thread too. sigh

So instead of taking sides. Reminded them BOTH to talk nice
    I'm not taking any sides on anything. The TW thread about the 2nd place faction is about... determining who the second place faction is and all the faction drama involved in people hashing that out. This thread has nothing to do with that and everything to do with just ideas on how to revamp TW, so none of that sort of thing belongs here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have been giving some thought to this...

What about this:

Add Gates (There could be something inside the base that once people are over the wall with the ladders (see next point) they could attack to open said gates)/or maybe have the gate have x amount of hp/be difficult to take down just like the towers. - Of course once gate is open it wouldn't be repairable/would obviously allow their friends to come in with catapults etc.)

Add Ladders

Remove Ability to fly near/around enemy base (Keep ability to fly in middle of map)

Keep Towers

Change Spawn Zone so people don't have to open the gate to get out. (Without this I can't really see the gates being feasible.

TRAPS - Maybe make it so that we can add in traps inside of each base that would swallow whole the opponents catapult. (I.E a Pitfall/a fire pit that would trigger and set them on fire/deal quite a bit of damage to them over time. Though aye they would need to have a cooldown/be a 1 time only use.)

--

I know some of those are a bit impractical, but I am spit-balling, if you can come up with a tweak of the idea please feel more than free to do so.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I didnt know what happened in WC at that moment, or what EQ did. (of course now i know and i understand them)
    Who is he calling as both losers? Dyna and Eq? Cuz thats how i understand that. And thats like already provoking to another drama thread.

Not to mention that in other threads some broke ToS
    Its still in 1st page and u didnt even fix it and yet u post in that thread too. sigh

So instead of taking sides. Reminded them BOTH to talk nice

You know it's funny there's only 2 players that have tried to spin this post out of context with the sole intent to create drama. They have many things in common, starting with the faction They're both a part of. Everyone else is trying to have fun, and they keep trying to make drama.

Of course I meant both the loser of the battle and the victor of the battle. Only you guys could be discussing semantics trying to be offended by something that is not even the point of the thread... I'm just baffled. This is what we have come to?! You slander the mod and accuse him of being unfair, and then slander me by misquoting me. After your own factionmate requested him to do "work" I don't understand anymore...

Back on subject. Thank you all for contributing ideas!

Yuun, Dark and everyone else that mentioned Soulforce is a bad indicator of gear parity. I agree it is. But it's the closest we have for now sadly. Sure Cards, gear level and shards play a (sometimes) much major role than refines and character level. But sadly there's no better index of a player's power than soulforce right now. Maybe Survival/Damage index. But once again, it's such a vague and general number that it would be much harder to balance out.

I guess we would need to add to the long list of suggestions to implement a better indicator of Gear Level. Every other game has something. Power Level, Gear Level, Adjusted Gear level (again, can't list games on forums sadly but feel free to google them). and it usually takes in consideration everything from buffs to build to gear to accessories to minipets, cards, title buffs, etc.

Once we have this thing (I'll keep calling it Soulforce for it's simplicity), the easiest way to prevent "cheating" from no gear ports Dark would be to always calculate this metric real time. And set a Top level rather than a bottom level. It means. Lets say we all port in no gear for an average SF of 5k per Tempest member. As soon as we put gear on. Even if we take it off down the road. Then that 40k SF per member sets the limit of the opposition + allied Soulforce. If we have players replaced, leave the instance, or whatnot. That's too bad. roof has been set. This would also make it a lot harder for any attacking faction to downplay mid-TW. Which I wouldn't be against.

Now to scratch my last 3 paragraphs. Dark did point out the land buff which is a good concept. It could be the perfect way, combined with Soulforce as it is currently, to balance out a bit more. Put in simple terms. If Faction A attacks Faction B and combined SF (as a ceiling) is higher by X. Then faction B gets X (as a percentage for the sake of balancing) Pdef, Mdef, HP, MP, Mag/Phys Attack, and spirit buff...

However I see how cards (and most importantly spirit) are still factors that PWI has not yet quantified in terms of power/gear levels for comparing player A with B. So we would still need to find a more accurate way to measure a character's true potential... sigh

Element Buffs (air, mud, etc) is an amazing suggestion Yuunie. How about areas like Trapmaster in Seat where different balls throw different debuffs. Hell, make that a TW tower it'd be so OP b:shocked

In short it seems that TW concerns from all servers can be summed down to this:
    -Balance (Or lack thereof) and the chance to close down the gap between gears.
    -Numbers (Or lack thereof) and the ability to add/remove more.
    -Environmental effects that either buff or debuff a faction.
    -Environmental designs that match the lands in play + subsequent effects of these areas.
    -Revamped mechanics (mounted fight, underwater movement)
    -More props (Towers, Guardians, NPCs, assorted artillery)
    -Better rewards that truly motivates TW participation.

It's pretty amazing to see your ideas! Keep em comming! And please let's try to stay on subject this time. If you really have a concern with what you think I meant or what you think I'm trying to imply with this thread. Take it to DP, he'll clear them out for you he loves to tell me how much I anger trolls :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Take it to DP, he'll clear them out for you he loves to tell me how much I anger trolls :(

DP loves me more cause I send him ascii nudes.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    DP loves me more cause I send him ascii nudes.

**** I can't compete with that man. I surrender :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've mentioned this in game before, but taking the idea of specialized maps for each territory a step further, what if we actually fought in that territory? Trying to take Arch from another faction? One crystal outside south and one crystal outside north (in a separate instance not the normal arch). That would also open up different terrains, as some territories are a lot of water, etc.

Would also lead to different strategies in different places, as the map would always be different. You'd have to know the territory well ahead of time or risk being at a disadvantage in TW
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont really think there are easy ways to even the field as far as gear gaps, and numbers. All the ideas about that are too hard or need to many tweaks in order to work. I think the solution for that should come mainly from players, fight an equal faction as yours in numbers, or if u have better numbers fight a stronger one, or if u have better overall gear, fight one with more ppl.

About the maps:
    I love the idea of personallized maps for cities, imagine fighting in a tinier replica of Archosaur :)
    One small detail that could make TWs more interesting would be, that u couldnt target people behind a wall, that way scouting should be more needed, imagine walls in lanes, bridges, people could hide, catas could dodge and sneak in, that would mean ppl spreading in map more and also causing less lag. you wouldnt see everyone crowded up causing lag and standing only.
    1 or 2 air maps and 1 or 2 water maps should be nice, maybe catas in water being faster than swinmming speed too, so they are harder to catch up.
    Some kind of defense aura that gives extra stats only to defenders, those stats increasing by number of lands, less lands compared to enemy faction = more buffs.

Remove the dead man scout, make people auto rez after 30 sec, is stupid that having a dead alt is enough to scout a TW, actually few people use it, but shows poor strategy and coordination, it means you cant have 2 ppl telling u effectivelly when they see people coming >.>

Im not happy about rewards on TW idea, that would create army of alts, cause more lag only so people get rewards, same with ally factions, someone could surf in all TWs and get tons of rewards killing chances for others to get.

Limit the number of lands a faction can have? wait before QQ, i mean, lets say they put a number, like 15, you cant attack after having that amount of lands, but since noone can have more, the more that can happen is a tie. in case of a tie, 1 week before season ends those factions are forced to fight for winner position. Also would allow more factions to stay alive in the map. And having a "final" should be interesting!!

Make tower damage be related to soulforce, like you receive X damage acording to X% of your soulforce, that way squishy people dont get killed by towers alone, and OP ppl suffer more from them. and reducing that number to a fixed one for cata users, or OP kitties wouldnt be able to pull before dying fast XD

Hope any of this sounds interesting if i come up with something else ill post
  • monomario1
    monomario1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now even I understand what did that Andress mean
    I am not perfect with english but I read it the way it is, without pause.
    Still why losers, more polite just to say both guilds

Give free C-S pack who ever comes to TW b:laugh
    Rewards are what makes people wanna do events and other stuff
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    What if there were those bubbles in UCH (I think it's UCH cause I've never actually run UCH b:surrender ) where you hit them and a temporary bb/rb is activated on the ground, except in TW it would open up temporary stat boosts (or even bb/rb) instead of auras like in delta like was mentioned above

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    What if there were those bubbles in UCH (I think it's UCH cause I've never actually run UCH b:surrender ) where you hit them and a temporary bb/rb is activated on the ground, except in TW it would open up temporary stat boosts (or even bb/rb) instead of auras like in delta like was mentioned above

wasnt that dragon blood temple? Dx the one in middle of desert

I Would love that BB to be on spawnpoint, not sure how huge lag it would be
    but maybe harder to spawnkill b:shocked
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015

wasnt that dragon blood temple? Dx the one in middle of desert

It might be I have no idea. I just remember seeing a video with them

• Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    I've mentioned this in game before, but taking the idea of specialized maps for each territory a step further, what if we actually fought in that territory?

I like this! It could get very laggy in cities that have heavy graphics (pretty much all expansion cities) but I like this!

Oh, and yeah, you're thinking the little bubble mobs that spawn into a RB or BB forgot where they come from. Dragon Temple spawn is branded a safezone, which might be an easy fix to spawn killing!
    I dont really think there are easy ways to even the field as far as gear gaps, and numbers.

Some kind of defense aura that gives extra stats only to defenders, those stats increasing by number of lands, less lands compared to enemy faction = more buffs.

Remove the dead man scout, make people auto rez after 30 sec.

Im not happy about rewards on TW idea, that would create army of alts, cause more lag only so people get rewards, same with ally factions.

Limit the number of lands a faction can have?

Make tower damage be related to soulforce, like you receive X damage acording to X% of your soulforce.

Hope any of this sounds interesting if i come up with something else ill post

This. this is what I wanted to see! I know you can be a great mind for feedback when you want to do it. Thanks for amazing points Drag!

I agree there's no easy way to balance the game unless we sacrifice the fun of some of the attackers or all of the defenders (In reference to Tempest attacking factions of lower overall power than them). Which is what had me trying to poke all your brains for good ideas to balance the field a little more. From the NW perspective. Numbers and a separation of wars can trump firepower. Look how nations where sometimes Kalo, Dark and Sun's squad all land in the same place and yet they lose to other nations that play smarter, spread better. That's kind of the concept I was trying to follow. Now I understand NW is a combination of multiple instances. Which would call for a much deeper revamping. But you get the idea I was following.

I like the buffs as an idea to balance TW. But I wouldn't make it dependant of lands. What happens if Tempest doesnt attack anybody that's a direct threat until we are at the same land level or lower land level just to have that first war buff benefit or to eliminate it altogether. Which is why I was trying to use it more of an indicator of Gear level combined, rather than the amount of lands a faction holds.

I too want to be rid of dead scouts. It's always been a poor tactic that I was always against but it's hard to kill old habits.

TW rewards as an idea can be abused if not properly modded. So can alliances. Which is why you'd have to restrict both the activity requirement and the activity limit per TW weekend/slotting to prevent people from abusing it with alts. or jumping from war to war collecting kills vs smaller guilds. Once again though. I would not support alliances in order to fortify attacks. But to enhance defenses.

I'm all in for limiting the amount of lands a faction can have. So long the TW Rewards can be improved to not rely in the number of lands you have. Back to the topic above. If TW rewards are participation based like RW/NW rewards, with both short and long term benefits, you'll see an improvement of people showing to war and of people willing to TW.

As for tower damage, I agree it should exist. Perhaps new towers with new mechanics and effects are long overdue, but we go back to the original issue you, dark, yuun and people from other servers pointed out. Soulforce is a tricky indicator that needs to be updated to reflect the actual reality of the gear power and discrepancies.
    monomario1 wrote: »
    Now even I understand what did that Andress mean
    I am not perfect with english but I read it the way it is, without pause.
    Still why losers, more polite just to say both guilds

Cino, you me and Drag we all come from Hispanic cultures. We believe in bluntness over politeness, politeness can be fake, specially amongst rivals. Bluntness usually translate into honesty. It can also translate into asshattery (new word!) Which makes it easy to understand why you guys would think I had I'll mannered intentions. I haven't been the nicest rival and I don't plan to change that anytime soon. What's troublesome is that the sentence under scrutiny says "Both losers and victors" Somehow it's being misquoted to "both losers" to accuse me of attacking Dynasty and Equinox. Which is ridiculous. And is a conjunction, it does not mark the end of a sentence. Rather the continuation of it. Under no circumstances a sentence ends or starts with And.

Let's move on from this though. I meant no disrespect and if anyone thinks otherwise, feel more than welcome to accept my apologies for it. Now that we have everyone on board with their ideas and we move away from the drama this is an actually great conversation. Thanks for bringing it back on track guys.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a legitimate question for Dreamweaver. After last nights war post TW WC QQ from both losers and victors of the Tempest EQ war we all seemed to agree on one point.
    Cino, you me and Drag we all come from Hispanic cultures. We believe in bluntness over politeness, at least we do in Ecuador. What's troublesome is that the sentence under scrutiny says "Both losers and victors" Somehow it's being misquoted to "both losers" to accuse me of attacking Dynasty and Equinox. Which is ridiculous. And is a conjunction, it does not mark the end of a sentence. Rather the continuation of it. Under no circumstances a sentence ends or starts with And.

Just to clarify, i only refered as TWs from that day because of your sentence about the QQ from both factions, thinking that none of them is happy with current state of TW, because when the ones who win complain, thats odd.
    I never even said you implied anything about Dynasty and only named Dynasty to say we had TW vs Eq that same day and maybe some Eq people were tired or charmless so they didnt attend. i dont even know, just guessing.

About the second sentence, i didnt even pay attention to it, idc of being called winner, loser or anything, just another player, i had my fair share of victories, way to many according on the hate people have against us, and my share of loses, and im perfectly fine with it, when i joined Dynasty it was when Regen was winning vs us easy, i didnt join the "winning faction". I joined the one that needed people and seemed friendly for me.

Now that i hope is out of the way....
    Lets continue with ideas.
    I guess we need simple ideas rather than complicated, since probably nothing will be done, but there are better chances of quick fixes rather than hard new systems.

-1 Aoe catapult that could be pulled out of base would be an interesting movility weapon, not greatest range ofc, just normal.
    -when released in base sealed should provide untargetable effect too, so since u cant do actions noone could target u as well, but only on base, not open map.
    - at least 5 lanes on normal map should be nice, or a change in base, like 4 doors with different tower setup

ok... lunch time, too hungry to keep thinking
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im not happy about rewards on TW idea, that would create army of alts, cause more lag only so people get rewards, same with ally factions, someone could surf in all TWs and get tons of rewards killing chances for others to get.

Honestly, your worries are bit unfounded bout getting rewards for TW. You can only really enter 1 TW at a time, you can park alt(s) in other(s) but you cant play it/them effectively. I would imagine quite a few people would also not park alts as it would contribute to lag they feel in their main TW.

As a result, people interested in parking alts into smaller TW factions would certainly increase, true, I dont really see it as a problem though. Simple workaround would be if rewards were account bound and you would only be eligible for 2 TW slots(attack+defend). This way one would have no motivation to park in alt for rewards if they dont actually play said alt(account) actively enough to justify it to themselves. Even if I could get free charms, which are bound, on my catshop account, why on earth would I bother?
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Implementing a reward system into TW is a great idea. One of the main reasons why individuals who don't TW nowadays because of the lack of benefits. As long as players see there is a benefit they'll participate.

Exchange items has to interest players:
    - Appo(everyone use it), maybe a new appo or maybe a buff appo XDDD this way makes everyone competitive
    - Orbs(up to +8) and shards(up to incomparable) good for those individuals who are kind of behind on their gear refinement level and needed fairly good shards.(Desdi mentioned in the early post)
    - Items available to add engravement on Top, Legs, Bracer, Boots maybe
    - Maybe an unique fashion set that can only be acquired through the tw reward system
    - New available gear(set a new goal for players who want to get stronger)
    - New mounts and flyers can be added to your collection XDDD
    *All the items should be bound to toon to prevent items from being transferred from alt to main. Maybe flyers, mounts, fashions, some appo and etc items can be account stashable.
    There should be reward limit (like 2150 pts is max you can get from a battle in nw)
    And the difference number of participants between the two factions should affect how much the players get, the faction that has less amount of participants should get more whereas the faction that has more participants should get less reward (as the popular quote always say "less people equals higher share") b:thanks
    Maybe like additional 10% to the winner side and -10% to the loser, unlike a huge gasp in nw -.-

Maybe also add - New Titles(for Kill Count in Tw, for Participating, etc)

Or set a criteria to be eligible for the reward
    Must meet 1 or more of the following:
    - Deal damage to maybe at least 20% number of participating players from the opposing faction
    - Battle battle, maybe at least 10% of how long the TW takes. i.e So if the Tw lasts 20 minutes, you must have at least 2 minutes battle time b:chuckle Nw leecher
    - Heal an injured allied by certain number of times(doesn't count if you're healing yourself or an allied player that is already at full HP and the target must be on combat mode)
    - Receive a total of certain amount of damage
    -Kill Count (easy) b:pleased
    - Has check in at all or some way points
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    I think things like apoth, fash, and mounts/flyers could be good, but I don't think things like shards, orbs, or gear should be included. I don't think that the people who are active in TW (who, for the most part, are the better geared players on the server) should get an opportunity to get even another leg up on everyone else. Now I know that this would give more incentive for more people to TW, but I think that it would be more beneficial for them to have something else outside of TW to help them gear up to be competitive for TW. Even with more incentives, no one wants to go into a TW and spend the whole time (whether 10 minutes or 2 hours) getting beat up and wasting away their charms, even if there are small rewards for doing it (at least I know I wouldn't)

• Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    I'd also add

Faction base items + Reputation!
    War avatar packs
    Vitae pills (Or Drake items)
    Maybe a system that converts warsoul tags/NW Tokens/RW Tokens and the TW reward tokens!

All items account/character bound in my opinion!

Titles in TW? Would be amazing too!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    catgirl33 wrote: »
    Implementing a reward system into TW is a great idea. One of the main reasons why individuals who don't TW nowadays because of the lack of benefits. As long as players see there is a benefit they'll participate.

Exchange items has to interest players:
    - Appo(everyone use it), maybe a new appo or maybe a buff appo XDDD this way makes everyone competitive
    - Orbs(up to +8) and shards(up to incomparable) good for those individuals who are kind of behind on their gear refinement level and needed fairly good shards.(Desdi mentioned in the early post)
    - Items available to add engravement on Top, Legs, Bracer, Boots maybe
    - Maybe an unique fashion set that can only be acquired through the tw reward system
    - New available gear(set a new goal for players who want to get stronger)
    - New mounts and flyers can be added to your collection XDDD
    *All the items should be bound to toon to prevent items from being transferred from alt to main. Maybe flyers, mounts, fashions, some appo and etc items can be account stashable.
    There should be reward limit (like 2150 pts is max you can get from a battle in nw)
    And the difference number of participants between the two factions should affect how much the players get, the faction that has less amount of participants should get more whereas the faction that has more participants should get less reward (as the popular quote always say "less people equals higher share") b:thanks
    Maybe like additional 10% to the winner side and -10% to the loser, unlike a huge gasp in nw -.-

Maybe also add - New Titles(for Kill Count in Tw, for Participating, etc)

Or set a criteria to be eligible for the reward
    Must meet 1 or more of the following:
    - Deal damage to maybe at least 20% number of participating players from the opposing faction
    - Battle battle, maybe at least 10% of how long the TW takes. i.e So if the Tw lasts 20 minutes, you must have at least 2 minutes battle time b:chuckle Nw leecher
    - Heal an injured allied by certain number of times(doesn't count if you're healing yourself or an allied player that is already at full HP and the target must be on combat mode)
    - Receive a total of certain amount of damage
    -Kill Count (easy) b:pleased
    - Has check in at all or some way points
    Fash b:dirty
    I would love Orbs too, to refine easier.

If they make it like NW/RW where reward is a item which u can exchange for something what u mentioned at some npc/forges would be aweome.b:pleased
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think things like apoth, fash, and mounts/flyers could be good, but I don't think things like shards, orbs, or gear should be included. I don't think that the people who are active in TW (who, for the most part, are the better geared players on the server) should get an opportunity to get even another leg up on everyone else. Now I know that this would give more incentive for more people to TW, but I think that it would be more beneficial for them to have something else outside of TW to help them gear up to be competitive for TW. Even with more incentives, no one wants to go into a TW and spend the whole time (whether 10 minutes or 2 hours) getting beat up and wasting away their charms, even if there are small rewards for doing it (at least I know I wouldn't)

There is always new and better gear available anyway as time goes on. When it does, the early bird grabbers are usually those most op, rich, veteran group of players. Many can't afford it. In fact, i think this is a very good opportunity for those individuals to have a chance to acquire a gear that allows them to be competitive. This might also get more people involved into participating Tw.

Compare to Nw, we use alot of charms too. Token's value is only at around 10k nowadays. In nw, i'm basically trading my event gold for tokens. It's not rewarding at all unless i choose to hop map and leech pts

Since tokens and exchanged items are bound, the token npc price should be at a reasonable number. After a century if someone has no use of the tokens anymore, they can choose to npc it for a good amount for coins.
    I'd also add

Faction base items + Reputation!
    War avatar packs
    Vitae pills (Or Drake items)
    Maybe a system that converts warsoul tags/NW Tokens/RW Tokens and the TW reward tokens!

All items account/character bound in my opinion!

Titles in TW? Would be amazing too!

Let it be known that Andres has recently acquired "Tw Specialist Title" b:thanks
    Fash b:dirty
    I would love Orbs too, to refine easier.

If they make it like NW/RW where reward is a item which u can exchange for something what u mentioned at some npc/forges would be aweome.b:pleased
    Would be great to hear your input too b:cute i'm sure you have some awesome ideas
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have been giving some thought to this...

What about this:

Remove Ability to fly near/around enemy base (Keep ability to fly in middle of map)

Keep Towers

TRAPS - Maybe make it so that we can add in traps inside of each base that would swallow whole the opponents catapult. (I.E a Pitfall/a fire pit that would trigger and set them on fire/deal quite a bit of damage to them over time. Though aye they would need to have a cooldown/be a 1 time only use.)

Scratch the gate idea... well not entirely....

Add force field gates, where only the faction whose base they belong too can pass through freely, but could be destroyed, by actually defeating all the towers protecting the base(s), maybe even make it so these gates can only be harmed by a special catapult (that wouldn't harm towers/crystal.) -

That would remove the need for the ladders/change of spawn point, and it would also do more to lessen the ability to just face-roll down one lane. (Added with the traps... it would make things quite interesting, and it wouldn't even effect anyone's gear/overpowered-ness... gear wise.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Just for fun, let's make a list of all possible rewards we could have if there was a reward system for TW, like NW. Most of these should be bound so that you can't abuse it with account stashing and whatnot, except perhaps the cosmetic/decorative rewards.

- Apothecary potions.

- Charms (HP, MP but also defence charms, perhaps a weaker version like 40% so that Morai/Perfect Chi/Lunar ones are still worth farming).

- Dragon Orbs 1-8*.

- Shards (Perfect and Immaculate ones perhaps? or some new kind like the Morai shards).

- Some kind of gear or ornaments (I'm personally against it, but it was brought up).

- Exclusive fashion (can be more than one set).

- Exclusive flyers.

- Exclusive mounts.

- Exclusive all-class pets (what if they are smiley based pets like the Ginger Tiger? that would make them pretty unique).

- Exclusive Venomancer pets (with decent stats like Rare Pets so they aren't required for anything but are still worth getting, would be cool if they evolve too. A lot of Venomancers want new pets so...).

- Feral Soul Stars (because we need so many and we get so little from the Lycaeum).

- War Avatar Packs (C, B, A and maybe S for a high price, those are always needed).

- Meridian Pills.

- Vitae Pills (they have a limit on how many you can use per day anyway).

- Reputation pills.

- Quicksand Maze level 100+ materials (because the instance takes a long time, nobody wants to farm it, so this could help speed things up? I wouldn't want to replace QSM entirely, but very few people run it to begin with... I don't know, just a thought I guess).

- A set of timed Fashion Weapon (because we know they wouldn't release permanent ones, but I'm sure people would get them despite being timed).

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Desdi that's so biased towards fash and venos. Talk about personal wish list! b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Desdi that's so biased towards fash and venos. Talk about personal wish list! b:laugh

Shhh b:avoid