10 questions about FWS mobless

slapyourgrandma
slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Barbarian
1) What else besides ironguard powder do you use?
2) Ironguard powder says you cannot move afterwards. Do you flesh ream the boss then use ironguard powder?
3) What happens if he moves while taking the ironguard powder?
4) Is there a specific order you do the bosses?
5) Are you able to do incarcerate when doing fws mobless?
6) Do you invoke or save your chi for triple spark for more seconds of immunity? Or use spark potions?
7) Which mobs will auto attack when you jump to the pavillion?
8) Do the vile bosses also go into a rampage?
9) Is 20k hp good enough for mobless?
10) Is it common to do multi-runs for mobless?

I'm hoping to do my very first mobless Thursday night (730pm EST 'ish) if anyone would like to help I would greatly appreciate it. I am on Raging Tides server.

Devestarious
101/101/100 Sage barb
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
Post edited by slapyourgrandma on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nothing, apo is for the weak. But I can imagine some barbs would use invoke(?)

2) Ironguard powder says you cannot move afterwards. Do you flesh ream the boss then use ironguard powder?
    Never did run mobless warsong with a barb, normally just with sins and bm's, maybe people just use absolute domain?

I take it you mean if you don't have aggro anymore, cause 1 flesh ream really doesnt do a lot for aggro, it will just attack someone else mainly and still AOE.

No specific order, but when I ran it it was mostly metal, fire, earth, water, wood.

No, you need to defend all pavilions successfully for that

6) Do you invoke or save your chi for triple spark for more seconds of immunity? Or use spark potions?
    Not a barb so can't answer

Every

No

Should be

Yes

I'm hoping to do my very first mobless Thursday night (730pm EST 'ish) if anyone would like to help I would greatly appreciate it. I am on Raging Tides server.

Devestarious
    101/101/100 Sage barb
    If it's barb only then i'm not sure but there you go.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. Only the tank(s) IG as the 1shot skill of bosses is single target thus rest dont need to waste the apo.

2. You use a skill, which makes you immune to movement impairments(Stun, seal). On barbs case the skill is violent triumph, a 79 skill. As an result, you dont get stunned by IG but instead gain dmg immunity.

3. Didnt really understand the question.

4. For mobless its usually fire first as its hardest to tele to when bosses are alive. Followed by Earth as sins stealth, jump over the ledge and setup for it while rest follow by porting there. This is usually followed by metal, short lane you see simply pulled and killed in some mobless squads over waiting boss to move in manner ppl can tele there. Then its wood, which is easy to tele to followed by water, where again sin stealths from wood and runs to water in order to setup and call when its safe to port. In short, Fire->Earth->Metal->Wood->Water.

5. Yes, incarnate doesnt have the problematic 1shot skill, even if you do mobless.

6. I dont really play barb in FW so I dont really know what they do. But usually the intended tank pulls the boss when they are ready and everybody else follows them, only hitting the boss after the tank has established themselves(Triple sparked and started hitting). But as a barb, if you arent aps barb, you arent going to be the intended tank in mobless. Usually intended tank is the sin with best weapon in squad.

7. Everything in range automatically aggroes you, there is no non aggro mobs in FW.

8. No

9. Honestly, the important part of mobless is having the tank, which with debuffs and some help can drop bosses easily enough in those 12s IG gives you. After that it doesnt matter much what you have in squad as long as they dont die for AoEs. So in short, 20k hp is plenty.

10. If its a good squad and people need the badges, yes. Its just more and more unlikely to have ppl the kind needed in mobless in need of badges.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    1) Nothing else. If the boss isn't dead in a spark cycle either the squad is too weak or did something wrong in most cases.

2) Ironguard applies a stun and makes you invincible. Rather than flesh ream and then stun yourself, you use an anti-stun of any kind and then pop the ironguard. The anti-stun prevents the stun and the ironguard gives you invincibility still. Extremely common and used all over the place.

3) See above. That said, if you aren't top DD, you won't be tanking the bosses. At best you'll hold it temporarily if it isn't killed in a single spark cycle and the main DD's ironguard wears off. After all, not everyone needs to pop an IG for each boss. Just whoever's gonna be taking damage.

4) Depends on the people you run with. Different folks will have different preferences but in the end it doesn't matter either way.

5) If the squad defends pavilions beforehand, yes. Otherwise, no.

6) Sparking is top priority as mobless warsong is pretty much a DPS check. Either you'll kill the bosses in time to not have to worry about survival... or you'll die. At least, in most cases that's how it goes as there's very little wiggle room in between. If you're worried about survival for whatever reason, (ab)use cornered beast.

7) You'll typically be safe from mobs (though not always) when you teleport to the pavs. It's the bosses you usually worry about but normally the first one to get there safely will move away and alert everyone else to when it's safe to teleport. At that point you can organize yourselves and then nuke the boss.

8) No.

9) Probably. HP is less of an issue than the damage/debuffs you can contribute, to be frank. Of course, if you defend the pavs and do Incarcerate then HP will matter, but at that point it's the same as normal so if you can manage a normal Warsong you'd be fine.

10) Yup.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • slapyourgrandma
    slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So it is likely that a Sage Barb may not be the tank? From the sounds of the replies its the top -DD that'd take the aggro. Or is it that the barb takes the initial aggro to get the fight started?

Thanks again for all your replies, they are very helpful.
    Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When I was doing warsong this way with a barb, he was usually the first one to port. Invoke won't help you on the bosses though. When bosses are frenzy, they have a one-shot skill. Don't see it as an attack, but a debuff. It does 50k damage no matter whenever you're in invoke or not, no matter how high your defenses are. It can only be avoided by status evasion such as faith and tidal protection (just like all other debuffs) or total immunity like absolute domain and Ironguard. If you have cornered beast you should use that though. Use devour and do everything you can to assist you squad with damage.
    Don't forget to communicate with your squad, don't randomly just port into the pavs.

Sins and DDs usually need a few seconds to 'set up' debuffs and triple spark before they can go all out on damage. The barb was tanking it till they started going full out.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Devestarious
    101/101/100 Sage barb

Hey there!

1. I rarely even use IG. Spark + absolute domain will usually keep me alive til the boss is dead, and remember to have cornered beast on. If fight gets longer I either use pan gu essence or IG depending on my need.

2. No. I use violent triumph and then IG. No stun.

3. Nothing

4. Fire>Earth, then do metal normally since its faster, then mobless wood and water usually

5. Yes

6. I always spark. My objective is to hit like a truck, not hold aggro in mobless FWS.

7. None

8. No

9. Yes

10. Not on my server

Hope it helped, view of a demon strength barb.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Terrytini - Raging Tide
    Terrytini - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm a mystic but sometimes I'll jump in first because... idk why not.
    Probably before each frenzied boss you'll want Cornered Beast. Hold aggro for the first "one shot" until your other squadmates can enter with you, 3 Spark and/or debuff and kill it.

As Colum said, violent triumph -> IG is probably what you want to do if anything.
    Also, paraphrasing what Satyrion said, if your squad is "proper" for mobless, even some of the best barbs shouldn't be able to hold aggro against some DDs. Honestly, depends on your own gear and your squad. (PWI aggro mechanics are dumb 8D)

1. Teleport to Fire before the boss spawns and stand to the side.
    2. Teleport to Earth, the boss will be right there are you spawn in. Conventionally you'll do a countdown in squad chat and try to port in before the rest of your squad.
    3. Metal - it's a REALLY short pavillion so I usually opt to clear it and do it normally. If not, usually your sins will teleport in first and kill mobs that are at the end of the pav and will let you know when it's safe. You'll port in when it's "safe" and hopefully not aggro the boss prematurely.
    4. Wood - sometimes the sins will run in stealth over to the wood pavillion and let you know when it's "safe". The boss wanders around a little structure so there's a chance to check it by YOLO porting but some squads might not be happy if you do that. If you port in when it's safe, you can either run to the center of the pagoda (the thing he's walking around) or off to the side where your sins may or may not have cleared those mobs away.
    5. Water - this one also wanders around his little mini pagoda so this is done similarly to wood.

Yes'm

Wouldn't know, probably Colum's answer. Invoke isn't very good during mobless because the "one shot" that they frenzied mobs do register as a DoT. (i.e. goes through invoke)

I'm not too sure what you're asking but wood, water, and metal (if you decide to do metal mobless) have mobs that are typically cleared before doing the boss. Those pavillions have bosses that move around a little bit, so you can port there when the boss is out of the aggro range of where you drop in. Your squad needs a safe spot to prepare and get ready, so one or two groups of mobs from those pavs will be cleared out.

Nope!

I've taken barbs with less. Again, sometimes depends on the squad. As long as you can immune through things to stay alive for the first couple of seconds before the heavy DD's take aggro, who cares how much hp you have.

Uhhh, don't think it's very common but I don't normally join many random squads.

All in all, some people really like doing full mobless, but sometimes if the squad is having difficulty communicating or simply doesn't have enough damage output, then mobless runs can end up being longer than some normal runs. Personally, I think it's an unnecessary exhaustion of apothecary to do full mobless, but you're probably interested in learning the 'conventions' of running fws and fws mobless.

I'll most likely be online during the time you do your run. I can't guarentee I won't be busy, but you can pm me in-game if any additional questions pop-up or whatnot. Best of luck!

Cheers,
    terrytini - Raging Tides
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Obviously different servers call it different things, the norm on Dreamweaver is;

1. Full Warsong (Full ws) = defend all the pavilions, kill all the mobs, kill bosses viles and Incarcerate

2. Badge run = let pavilions fail, kill all the mobs, kill the bosses and viles - no incarcerate as didn't defend pavs

3. Stealth badge runs = usually sin/bm squad, let pavs fail, skips mobs, kill bosses with IG, no incarcerate

So a 'Full ws mobless' is where they defend the pavs but then skip the mobs and kill the bosses with IG etc, then go to Incarcerate?

It really doesn't take long to kill the mobs, usually in squads when I go; we clear pavs, then solo the mobs on our chosen path to the boss then regroup and kill the bosses. Not much time saved by skipping mobs and sometimes ends up taking longer due to teleporting and waiting etc..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Roar_King - Sanctuary
    Roar_King - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That is what i do with my barb.

No. Only Ironguard Powder.

You must use Violent Triumph before IG.
    As a barb: Cornered Beast, run to boss, Violent Triumph, IG, spam Flesh Ream and wait triple spark of your DDs to Devour.

If you use Violent Triumph you do not have this problem.

No.

Yes, but you must defend the pavilions and save the incarnations. Last boss spawn only if all the incarnations are save.

I use triple spark and Absolute Domain, but if the boss take so long over IG usually the squad is too weak or bad coordinated and die.

Mobs are far.

No, every vile boss has a different trap.

Yes, HP doesn't matter.

Yes, to fast farm badges.

I hope to be helpfull and good luck with your FWS :)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just my useless two cents. Genie skill fortify will also provide an anti stun and uses almost no energy if you keep at level one (pretty much the only level you will see on genies) an option in case for some reason you want to save violent triumph or its in cd.

But well, most will use the skill that is right c: just thought its a nice tip if you have alts and did not know.