Arc not loading

124»

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Morai CM has just written on the french forum that a patch will be deployed tonight for Arc. Compatibility with XP is supposed to be fine after that.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When i put in a ticket regarding this kernel 32 for xp, i got a reply back saying how pw is going to fix this, but will take sometime. hope they can do it soon. i think alot of us are missing the fun of pw. I know i am since i ended up missing out on nw for this weekend now i'll have to wait till next for it.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    sashka2015 wrote: »
    So some1 sent a letter in support? R they plan to fix it? Game work at XP, at system requirements to Arc writen XP. Standart Xp is 32bit. For fixing that they need year?
    No, because of this...
    ... It's not like they have any reason to support an extremely aging OS that not even Microsoft will support anymore.

XP is dead, it was time to upgrade over 5 years ago.

If Arc no longer works with XP, don't expect a "fix". It's most likely by design. You can make a program run more efficiently by removing that level of backwards compatibility. Especially when it comes to addressing memory.

When programs like Arc no longer work with an OS like XP, that's telling you that you are long overdue for an update.

The free choice would be to download the Win 10 ISO, burn it, and do a clean install. (It won't upgrade from XP for obvious reasons.)

Or, go out a buy Win 7 now, then upgrade to Win10 when it's released. (You should be able to "upgrade" from XP to 7 without much issue.)
    When i put in a ticket regarding this kernel 32 for xp, i got a reply back saying how pw is going to fix this, but will take sometime. hope they can do it soon. i think alot of us are missing the fun of pw. I know i am since i ended up missing out on nw for this weekend now i'll have to wait till next for it.

They always say that. I've been waiting for a few such fixes for a couple of years now. I even sent in the code that needs to be changed on the server to apply said fixes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burn it

Do you know about the "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool"? You can just pop Windows Vista, 7, 8 (, 8.1), and 10 onto a USB with it now. In my opinion its nicer since people generally have at least 1 working USB port. Whereas I've seen a number of computers that, for some reason, did not have DVD drives or their DVD trays were broken because they were using it for something stupid, like a coffee cup holder (this is something that actually happened).
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • GingerSprite - Sanctuary
    GingerSprite - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you know about the "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool"? You can just pop Windows Vista, 7, 8 (, 8.1), and 10 onto a USB with it now. In my opinion its nicer since people generally have at least 1 working USB port. Whereas I've seen a number of computers that, for some reason, did not have DVD drives or their DVD trays were broken because they were using it for something stupid, like a coffee cup holder (this is something that actually happened).

This is true. I don't even have my DVD drive plugged in any longer and simply write the images onto a bootable USB myself.

Making a bootable USB drive takes a bit of research and you need have the knowledge to be able to do more with your PC than browse the internet and launch a game. The majority of people posting have shown repeatedly that they don't have that. And if they're still running XP........

Installing Windows off of a USB drive is WAY faster than using a disk, but on the same note, some older PC's will not be able to do this as they will disable the USB ports during the install.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2015
    If Arc no longer works with XP, don't expect a "fix". It's most likely by design. You can make a program run more efficiently by removing that level of backwards compatibility. Especially when it comes to addressing memory.

Ok... but why would a CM say they're currently working on a fix and plan to deploy it in the upcoming days ?
    Do you think they prefer saying they work on a patch then announce that they failed, rather than clearly say that XP is no longer supported ?
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited May 2015
    Ok... but why would a CM say they're currently working on a fix and plan to deploy it in the upcoming days ?
    Do you think they prefer saying they work on a patch then announce that they failed, rather than clearly say that XP is no longer supported ?
    Look at it this way....

1. You didn't speak to a CM. They don't respond to tickets.
    You spoke to some "support staff" peon, they aren't likely even a GM.

2. The "support staff" at PWE has basically given up providing any support. This started a couple of years ago, and has gotten progressively worse.

3. Because of 2, you can pretty much flip a coin and are sure to have one of the two outcomes when you open a ticket.
    ____a. They will tell you they are aware, will notify the correct people, and to post in the game forums.
    ____b. They will tell you that they are aware, and are implementing a fix. Don't hold your breath. You have a better chance at winning the lottery.

It is only in very rare cases that they actually provide any kind of support, and that usually takes quite a bit of discussion.

I'm not saying it won't happen, just don't expect it to.

Also, I agree with you NLGRG, and with what Ginger stated. I really don't expect these people to have the tech knowledge to create a boot-able USB stick. Given that they are still playing with dinosaur PC's, they are more likely to know how to burn a DVD than boot from USB. (If their aging PC even has the option to boot from a USB device.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    Dakoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Arc works again after an update, but now PWI won't load. I open arc, start pwi, wait, click start, the screen goes black for a second, then I'm back to my desktop and PWI is not activated in any way. It just fails to launch.
    edited May 2015
    Arc works again after an update, but now PWI won't load. I open arc, start pwi, wait, click start, the screen goes black for a second, then I'm back to my desktop and PWI is not activated in any way. It just fails to launch.

Thats not all to pwi, i have to reinstall the game to get on and it wont even do that. so guess we're stuck a lil while longer till then. hope they get a complete fix of this before too long.

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2015
    Look at it this way....

1. You didn't speak to a CM. They don't respond to tickets.
    You spoke to some "support staff" peon, they aren't likely even a GM.

Nope... I didn't submit any ticket 'cause actually I don't really care about Win XP to be honest.
    In post n°92 I was reporting what the EU CM wrote yesterday on the french forum. You might think she doesn't know what she's talking about, because this would be your opinion, but she's definitely an official CM even if she seems to be dedicated to Morai.

Edit : Link to her post (in french) : http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=1048372&postcount=8
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    edited May 2015
    Nope... I didn't submit any ticket 'cause actually I don't really care about Win XP to be honest.
    In post n°92 I was reporting what the EU CM wrote yesterday on the french forum. You might think she doesn't know what she's talking about, because this would be your opinion, but she's definitely an official CM even if she seems to be dedicated to Morai.

Edit : Link to her post (in french) : http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=1048372&postcount=8

Ahh, the EU CM's. We weren't entirely sure they actually existed. b:chuckle

The EU branch is technically separate from PWE, even though they are a branch of the same company. (Completely separate management, ect.) It wouldn't be the first time they've said something completely off-base from what PWE's actual plans are.

According to that post, there should be an update to fix it.
    Arc did update for me when I opened it just now, but I honestly cannot recall how long it's been since I opened it last. No new patch notes are on the "blog", and it's well past when they would have posted them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They fixed this issue pretty fast if you ask me.
    giphy.gif

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Arc wouldn't recognise PWI for me yesterday. Was asking me to install it. Bypassed arc for now, hopefully will work today.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • sashka2015
    sashka2015 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, because of this...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GingerSprite - Sanctuary View Post
    ... It's not like they have any reason to support an extremely aging OS that not even Microsoft will support anymore.

XP is dead, it was time to upgrade over 5 years ago.
    1) Game (PWI) supporting XP, but game-luncher-Arc not support it - that has not any reason!
    2) Now with new patch it was fixed :P
  • enelimm
    enelimm Posts: 332 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2015
    Hi everyone,

French CM here :) Glad to meet you!

I received confirmation that the update has been implemented and that the problem should be fixed by now. If it is not the case for you yet, please try rebooting your computer and feel free to post here you're still having trouble.

Generally speaking, Windows XP is getting obsolete and its users will suffer an increasing number of compatibility issues, not just with Arc/PWI but with any recent software. We can't guarantee that it will be supported forever, so if you're still using it I recommend that you upgrade to a newer OS when you can.

Cheers! b:victory
    Enelimm
    Community Manager
    ----------
    [FACEBOOK] [SUPPORT]
    edited May 2015
    sashka2015 wrote: »
    1) Game (PWI) supporting XP, but game-luncher-Arc not support it - that has not any reason!
    2) Now with new patch it was fixed :P

1. Game was coded in 2004, Arc was coded in 2014. It's a perfectly valid reason.

Seriously, how can you not see that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    I just logged in onto pwi and it looks like all my toons disappeared on both accounts. so do i have to remake my toons again or am i doing something wrong.

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Check to make sure you logged onto the right server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited May 2015
    Check to make sure you logged onto the right server.

Thanks may, and your right, i was looking at the wrong server. dont knw how i can be so empty headed. b:chuckleb:laugh

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Arc wouldn't recognise PWI for me yesterday. Was asking me to install it. Bypassed arc for now, hopefully will work today.

So yeah it worked no problems today b:victory
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i restarted 2 times and its still not working for me so back to the bypass it is untill i ether upgrade my system or they fix it
    b:angry
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    So am I hearing that they half fixed it?

Can I get the specifics. Has everyone who installed the newest Arc update restarted their computer? Does the game patcher open when you try to open the game? If not, if you open up task manager, can patcher.exe be found running? If so, could you enable the "Command Line" column of task manager. I want to know what, if anything, the patcher command line arguments are.

Also, people with Vista+, are you having any issues going through Arc?

Edit: Also, has everyone made sure to do a clean install? That is, completely remove Arc and then install Arc again.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
    edited May 2015
    patcher open but the hangs there while doing a check that it. causing my pc to hang and can't do **** so besides restarting it
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    If you open the patcher through the bypass methods, does it do the same thing?

If it does do the same thing. PWI needs to be reinstalled, cause it sounds like the patcher got corrupted some how.

edited May 2015
    no patcher works with bypass

i just think i need to upgrade my os soon just have a new born and never got around to it
    edited May 2015
    so i uninstalled arc and reinstalled it clean works good now ty