Revamping TW

Andres - Dreamweaver
Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Tideswell (East)
I have a legitimate question for Dreamweaver. After last nights war post TW WC QQ from both losers and victors of the Tempest EQ war we all seemed to agree on one point.

TW mechanics are too old. TW as a whole is just dead (I assume mostly due to the inabilities to balance. Not pointing fingers!)

I guess the question is. Should you be part of development. How would you improve TW to eliminate gear, numbers or plain force power discrepancies?

We discussed long ago the possibility of redesigning faction alliances. So allied factions could share members and help each other TW. Say EQ and Dynasty were allied. If Tempest attacked EQ. Dynasty would have the option to send reinforcements that are allowed to enter the war.

This clearly would also need a better control of a faction officership as to who can and cannot join the instance.

I would also love to see a soulforce=numbers balance. This pretty much means if the sum of faction A SF > Faction B. Then faction B can have more numbers in the war. Sort of like NW allows you to.

Another idea was to implement both NW point system as a reward for TW. So both factions gain rewards based on their efforts that do not need to be coin. Eliminate the issuing of coins for TW and positively encourage factions to show to the wars and put a real effort for their kill count. Tower damage count. Damage taken. Etc.

Finally. A more interactive TW map based on the location of the land would be interesting. If the fight is for raging tides. We should fight underwater. If the fight is for snowy village the map shouldn't show a land completely green like it does by default.

What would you change of TW?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
We came, we saw, we painted it red.
10/10/10 Calamity
Post edited by Andres - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Some kind of NW aspect might be interesting. I would maybe half the coins lands give as I feel owning lands still should have its benefits. I would then add some sort of NW based point system and rewards for it. Simply using existing NW tokens might work, though I would rather have new reward system for it.

Having 2 way reward for TWs, instant + long term, would promote TWs in the best way imo. It would make it far less appealing to stick in some powerhouse claiming your TW pay after crystal walks, season after season as you would be deprived of the instant rewards. But having something long term would help factions stay together over small groups of people TWing each other for instant rewards.

Any sort of SF restriction wouldnt work for the sole reason its pretty bad indicator of players power. It takes things such as shards & cards or even grade of gear extremely poorly into account and those things can have massive impact on your power as a player. It overvalues refines pretty drastically, my farming sin(aps gear, N3+12 dags) has 37k SF if I remember correctly. Due the lack of refining belt & ring(no r9r ring at the time), my archer was under my sins value when archer was R9T3+12 bow, +10 armor pieces. Difference wasnt large, think they would of been pretty much dead even had archer had his neck +10 at the time. Either way, its simply a poor way to compare who is stronger and such restrictions would just as likely break the balance further.

Tl;Dr. I would love to see some kind of instant rewards for TW, which correlates with how intense fight it is(NW point system sounds pretty good for it), to promote TWs. Restrictions I am not a fan of and SF restrictions simply wouldnt work.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do agree TW needs "something new".
    Different maps would be awesome, movile towers, or even some new kind of catapult that works in a different way.

About the other stuff nothing will happen. If you somehow balance "gear" so is not so different in TW like removing spirit in TW, or making soulforce even, people would complain about whats the point in upgrading gear if it wont matter, that would be less money entering PWI hands, so wont happen.

Alliances would just mean the same as alt factions. The people would ally everyone and all TWs would be a mess since anyone will join, also no point on staying in a faction if u can be on another and still TW. Not a asmart move.

Only way to get balanced TWs is: dont get all the OP ppl together and QQ over noone wants to go and get charmed ****. And im not talking about Tempest, even though thats one example, i know is the same on other servers. In this case, like YOU said, the "top" faction QQ'd after TW as well. That shows how bad that faction must be, you are clearly winning and feeling bad about it. But is up to officers to be smart and not overrecruit uneeded people, and not tease a faction for not showing or caring about TW, because, who wants to TW vs a bunch of jerks who QQ if they win or lose???.
    About last night, i guess after the extense 2 hour TW EQ had vs Dynasty, everyone was out of charms and tired, at least on dyna side a lot of people were in that situation, saying: omg i burned my last charm, and that they actually got tired, was a really great and even TW so people focused a lot. in fact we gave Platinums hp charms as TW pay since people used so much charms, i burned more than 2 plat myself, and im a squishy wiz.

Getting back to the main point, i agree changes like new maps or strategies would be great, but i dont see many chances of other kind of changes happening.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Finally. A more interactive TW map based on the location of the land would be interesting. If the fight is for raging tides. We should fight underwater. If the fight is for snowy village the map shouldn't show a land completely green like it does by default.

This would be pretty fun. But I only want underwater if they finally make tideborn transformation useful and let us use skills b:angry
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    This is why we cant have nice things, I said not to point fingers. And finger pointing we went! This is why we simply cannot come to terms with Dynasty ever. All I read was a bad attempt to understand an idea that was clearly understood and furthered in the post before yours. And then a bunch of accusations wrongly fueled by hatred to a faction that did nothing wrong, when it should really be fueled towards the amazing efforts of Dynasty being torn apart from the inside. Tempest won't break away Drag, you've been trying to do it for over a year. We're not Dynasty. Might as well accept that. Move on.

I think my idea was misunderstood, or led into the wrong way. I didn't suggest denying SF or Spirit. More like, cancel it by allowing the faction that is out(geared/numbered/spirited) more numbers to counter it.

Let's say Tempest combined Soulforce is a stupid number like 40k average per player. 80 Tempest would be about 3.200.000 Soulforce. Let's say Equinox's Soulforce is average of 30k per player. And they have 60 players TW ready, that'd be 1.8m Soulforce. Let's say an Equinox Ally has another 40 players available to support that war, also at a 30k Soulforce average. Their combined soulforce is 1.8m + 1.2m. They can all show up to the war.

This fight will be 80 Tempest vs an alliance of 60 Equinox + 40 allies. It's sort of what we assume NW assignments of nations work like. If your faction's combined soulforce is less than your enemy's faction combined soulforce. Then you should be able to bring in more numbers.

I can see why Dragslave would be worried about coordinating or organizing on the spot. From what I've gathered TWing against him it's clearly not his forte. However, those that have played other games than PWI where PvP is more of a WvW scenario or a faction vs faction not guild vs guild perspective. Usually allied leaders are pretty good at giving each other roles on the spot and having them execute. Share information between scouts. To ellaborate further.

Let's say that Tempest is fighting Dynasty. Dynasty has 60 people and they expect to try and turtle them. The difference in Soulforce allows Dynasty to have allies show up, let's say for this example Dynasty allies Equinox. Equinox is aware Dyansty is trying to turtle. Soulforce difference allows EQ to bring about 40 people Has barbs like Cino and Rafael. Enough firepower and healers to move catapults vs a Tempest defense squads with some resistance. They start pulling catapults.

Does this affect Dynasty plan negatively? not at all. Would this cause confusion? Only to those that are not told to follow their own faction's strategy.

Tempest can't bring alts into the war. The faction with the highest soulforce with 80 players in caps the soulforce allowed in the map.

At the end of the war. Just like in NW, we are awarded points for participating. Allied factions get rewards just like attacking and defending factions would. Both with short term rewards (great idea by the way!) and long term rewards. Sort of like NW/RW has.

Now can we please have a discussion without having an argument as to why Dyna is dead, Tempest is made out of butts and so on? I really want to have an effort of this server showing we can come to terms on what can this game improve to make it more fun for everyone.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Quick fixes:

1. Have towers be auto-built at start to prevent zerg rush B and towers killed before they finish building. Just have the towers be some combination of rapidfire/binding.

2. Add lane towers to the lanes without them. As it is currently, you pretty much automatically know if a guild isn't pushing B, they're pushing the one lane where there isn't lane towers.

Random ideas:

1. Put other objectives on the map that give buffs. i.e. something like a certain dragon and snake-like thing in a certain other game.

2. Registry system. Say guild X has 60 people and guild Y has 40. Guild X would be forced to choose 40 out of that 60 to participate. Granted, this can go either way. Probably cap this at like 20 minimum so a guild won't just decide to send in one OP person and abuse it.

But honestly, the main issue with TW nowadays is simply server populations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • sakayal
    sakayal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a legitimate question for Dreamweaver. After last nights war post TW WC QQ from both losers and victors of the Tempest EQ war we all seemed to agree on one point.

TW mechanics are too old. TW as a whole is just dead (I assume mostly due to the inabilities to balance. Not pointing fingers!)

I guess the question is. Should you be part of development. How would you improve TW to eliminate gear, numbers or plain force power discrepancies?

We discussed long ago the possibility of redesigning faction alliances. So allied factions could share members and help each other TW. Say EQ and Dynasty were allied. If Tempest attacked EQ. Dynasty would have the option to send reinforcements that are allowed to enter the war.

This clearly would also need a better control of a faction officership as to who can and cannot join the instance.

I would also love to see a soulforce=numbers balance. This pretty much means if the sum of faction A SF > Faction B. Then faction B can have more numbers in the war. Sort of like NW allows you to.

Another idea was to implement both NW point system as a reward for TW. So both factions gain rewards based on their efforts that do not need to be coin. Eliminate the issuing of coins for TW and positively encourage factions to show to the wars and put a real effort for their kill count. Tower damage count. Damage taken. Etc.

What would you change of TW?

It's Obvious don't need math or physics The solution for Fun TW is to Kick the OP people from Tempest aka EX-Ralic members. It's Obvious Tempest is getting Carried hard by them. b:chuckle
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Dynasty being torn apart from the inside? not true.
    yes there was drama. but no guild is perfect

Now in Dynasty everything is peaceful.Only problem is to get ppl active again.

Everytime u guys make thread like this. I feel like its a trap to lure ppl in just to make drama.
    Tired of seeing what u think what Dynasty should do, What Eq should , what tempest wants.

Now to be serious Back to subject.

meh gear balance x.x never gonna happen now.
    Beside soon will be that new similar system to meridian/war avatar (forgot title), wonder how that will turn things up. As i heard rumours - it might be as OP as War avatar cards b:surrender

I think my idea was misunderstood, or led into the wrong way. I didn't suggest denying SF or Spirit. More like, cancel it by allowing the faction that is out(geared/numbered/spirited) more numbers to counter it.
    cancel it like as- kinda nerf?
    I Imagine OP wouldnt like that Dx Unless they care about balanced twb:shocked

About TW map. I would love new map(hope it wouldnt make lag worst as it is now) Some different towers or..some..guardians idk (not just wall ones)
    Just have to wait and see what ever PW chine makes x.x
    Maybe instead of 3h TW it could be 2h

Even if we give ideas about TW/ map. What r chances that we get listened? o.o
    and if we do, would PW China accept the ideas or can our PW make the map different by them self?
    Or this is just waste of time to even bother think about this.

But honestly, the main issue with TW nowadays is simply server populations.
    +1b:surrender
    edited May 2015
    "quotes Andres usual wall of lies"

Ok, now in few words so you actually understand:

- You mentioned your TW vs EQ and how everyone QQs over it.
    - I only mentioned Dynasty to say we TW'd Eq the same day before and maybe people didnt want a 2nd TW that day
    - I couldnt care less about Tempest splitting or not tbh
    - I pointed out your main idea on disguise was the chance to enter other factions TWs, by "Alliyng".
    - I agreed on diff maps, towers and all.
    - Soulforce idea is pretty much stupid since most classes dont benefit or even care about soulforce (skills related) so, unless you say: attacker faction soulforce cant surpass defenders overall soulforce, but that wouldnt be a constant number and would mean some people have to stay out of TW map, and that would be unfair.
    - Denying spirit or lowering it in TW somehow would be bad, whats the point on getting more to be nerfed.

Now that i used few and simple words i hope you can talk about your actual point in the post and keep your opinions, because none of them is a fact, to yourself.
    b:victory
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    He's asking about ideas to revamp TW, not for people to start throwing around accusations around. Those who choose to ignore this will be warned. Continuing to do so will earn an infraction.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    "quotes Andres usual wall of lies"

Ok, now in few words so you actually understand:

- You mentioned your TW vs EQ and how everyone QQs over it.
    - I only mentioned Dynasty to say we TW'd Eq the same day before and maybe people didnt want a 2nd TW that day
    - I couldnt care less about Tempest splitting or not tbh
    - I pointed out your main idea on disguise was the chance to enter other factions TWs, by "Alliyng".
    - I agreed on diff maps, towers and all.
    - Soulforce idea is pretty much stupid since most classes dont benefit or even care about soulforce (skills related) so, unless you say: attacker faction soulforce cant surpass defenders overall soulforce, but that wouldnt be a constant number and would mean some people have to stay out of TW map, and that would be unfair.
    - Denying spirit or lowering it in TW somehow would be bad, whats the point on getting more to be nerfed.

Now that i used few and simple words i hope you can talk about your actual point in the post and keep your opinions, because none of them is a fact, to yourself.
    b:victory

I cant imagine how u could actually try to split tempest apart.
    With Dynamite and torch? b:scorn
  • SuperLambo - Dreamweaver
    SuperLambo - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    definitely need to update the system TW, would be something interesting battle in the water or in the air alone, especially for the tide to have the skill useless to swim fast and not being able to use any skill (this should also be fixed to the brevity). have the chance to mount a serious attack from an incredible experience and not die without being able to get off, (I keep my hungry mount to pull me to the ground the first hit).
    I hope that some good idea of someone whatever may come to the ears of the GMs.
    P.S. : It is a shame that the PWI are changed: May Login Promotion that read War avatar "Chest S" and put War Avatar "Pack: S"
    Google translator is good but does not work miracles
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    P.S. : It is a shame that the PWI are changed: May Login Promotion that read War avatar "Chest S" and put War Avatar "Pack: S"

It never said chest. They had originally made an error and put in "War Avatar Chest Pack S". Seeing as there's no such thing as a chest pack and they wouldn't make a tier 1 reward be a chest while tiers 2 and 3 only get packs, it was kinda obvious they'd meant pack from the start. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015

cancel it like as- kinda nerf?
    I Imagine OP wouldnt like that Dx Unless they care about balanced twb:shocked

+1b:surrender

I guess I'm using the incorrect words. I apologize for the confusion

TLDR; My point isn't to eliminate anything. Not spirit, not soulforce, not anything. But to take the nation war's approach. The nation that has the best geared players is usually the one with the lowest number of players. "lowest" in TW for Tempest will always be 80. Then the "allied" defenders can go anywhere over 80, so long the sum of their SF isn't higher than Tempest soulforce. Hope that's a better explanation.

Soulforce does not benefit all classes. Correct. Soulforce however is the most accurate indicator of a character's gear, refine and sharding levels we have nowadays. The concept is pretty simple Saku, say a character like my archer packs around 37k soulforce. a G16 character +8 usually packs around 18-19k soulforce.

Let's assume this numbers constant for every player in tempest vs every player in Dynasty. If Tempest fields a full 80 and they all have 37k SF = 2.96M soulforce for Tempest. That would allow Dynasty, at an average of 19K SF per player to let 155 people into this war. So if they have 60 signups. They could have an additional 95 allies join. If they have 120 signups, then 35 allies join. And so on.

Let's say Dynasty is able to field 80 all with a 20k SF (for easy math) 1.6m SF, then an ally has 4 squads with a remainder 1.6m SF. Not all would be able to join in. Because the sum of the Soulforce of both factions would be more than the attacking faction (roughly 3m vs 3.2m) So the ally squads would have to sit a few people out. Kind of like in NW how Soulforce of squads is evenly distributed to make a more fair fight (doesn't always happens I understand).

The idea has nothing to do with me gaining a benefit by allying with another faction just to go TW. But it is a great point to discuss! Actually when we had this conversation in this forums a few years ago what we suggested was that Allied factions could not attack each other for a period of 1 Week. So if Dynasty and EQ ally to hold a defense from Tempest, they wouldn't be able to attack each other the week after.

I guess the greater concern (understandable) is how do we eliminate Tempest making Raindrop and Relic and idk Pepoash faction all attack Dynasty and then ally each other so they win 4 attacks in a weekend? We keep the "Once a week" as a debuff. If a toon attacks or defends. It can only be at 1 (offense) max 2 (defense) time slots for it. Maybe even make it a bit more extreme and have a consumable item like the NW token or the Toxin for EU that can only be consumed once a day. So if we make all our toons attack on 4 different alt factions we won't be able to play a single defense with Tempest. Or even simpler. We allow alliances to only happen during defenses. For offensives we already have ganks for which people usually does a great job of sharing factionmates already ;D

The main reason behind that suggestion, back when we were discussing this. Is that I take very seriously EULA violations and TW rules violations. So I wouldn't condone the use of alliances to have our alts on an alt faction attack an enemy to thin their lines more. The goal of alliances should be to benefit exclusively defending factions with lower SF than the attacking faction. Not the other way around. So yes, I agree with you we shouldn't leave anybody outside of a war just because the defending faction chose not to show. It should be an encouragement for factions with smaller numbers to have the ability to outnumber those that outgear them pretty much.

Edit:
    Quick fixes:

I love your ideas, thanks for participating! though I got to disagree with the tower auto-building. I think it adds to tactics in TW. Factions chose to build them as they're being zerg rushed. I remember back in Calamity/Regen days. We did not build those towers until our B push was fully established, precisely to eliminate that problem of them being zerg'd. Some factions just haven't figured the importance of having those towers up yet. Mostly because, in all fairness in DW battles are usually at a crystal and hardly ever at a lane anymore :(

I too agree TW needs more Support elements. Whether they're buffs or Towers. I would love to see other types of artillery that aren't just catapults. For example in other MMOs you can see Ammunition carts that either provide deffensive or offensive temporary buffs/aoes. I would love to see that in PWI. I also would love to see utility NPCs in PWI. I dont know if anybody is familiar with WvW Golems for example. (sorry, cant use other game names). Imagine having the ability to summon City guards or Famous figures of each city. Maybe even known bosses as support NPCs. Hell, I'd love to fight by Duke Blake's side or against the Duke during an archosaur siege. Just to have an idea

A registration system would be amazing too, and would make it so much easier to keep track of who comes TW and such in your faction which seems to be a common issue of any TW faction. I'd be interesting to see if we could have any sort of detail activity log when it comes to TW instances too! I miss the PK rankings :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    He's asking about ideas to revamp TW, not for people to start throwing around accusations around. Those who choose to ignore this will be warned. Continuing to do so will earn an infraction.

awesome! now read all dreamweaver section posts and act on it about ppl harrasing a faction they dont belong, and how they talk about officers and members of said faction.
    edited May 2015
    awesome! now read all dreamweaver section posts and act on it about ppl harrasing a faction they dont belong, and how they talk about officers and members of said faction.

DW is seriously some carebear central, you actually want mod in your threads, jebus.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    I guess I'm using the incorrect words. I apologize for the confusion

TLDR; My point isn't to eliminate anything. Not spirit, not soulforce, not anything. But to take the nation war's approach. The nation that has the best geared players is usually the one with the lowest number of players. "lowest" in TW for Tempest will always be 80. Then the "allied" defenders can go anywhere over 80, so long the sum of their SF isn't higher than Tempest soulforce. Hope that's a better explanation.

Soulforce does not benefit all classes. Correct. Soulforce however is the most accurate indicator of a character's gear, refine and sharding levels we have nowadays. The concept is pretty simple Saku, say a character like my archer packs around 37k soulforce. a G16 character +8 usually packs around 18-19k soulforce.

Let's assume this numbers constant for every player in tempest vs every player in Dynasty. If Tempest fields a full 80 and they all have 37k SF = 2.96M soulforce for Tempest. That would allow Dynasty, at an average of 19K SF per player to let 155 people into this war. So if they have 60 signups. They could have an additional 95 allies join. If they have 120 signups, then 35 allies join. And so on.

Let's say Dynasty is able to field 80 all with a 20k SF (for easy math) 1.6m SF, then an ally has 4 squads with a remainder 1.6m SF. Not all would be able to join in. Because the sum of the Soulforce of both factions would be more than the attacking faction (roughly 3m vs 3.2m) So the ally squads would have to sit a few people out. Kind of like in NW how Soulforce of squads is evenly distributed to make a more fair fight (doesn't always happens I understand).

The idea has nothing to do with me gaining a benefit by allying with another faction just to go TW. But it is a great point to discuss! Actually when we had this conversation in this forums a few years ago what we suggested was that Allied factions could not attack each other for a period of 1 Week. So if Dynasty and EQ ally to hold a defense from Tempest, they wouldn't be able to attack each other the week after.

I guess the greater concern (understandable) is how do we eliminate Tempest making Raindrop and Relic and idk Pepoash faction all attack Dynasty and then ally each other so they win 4 attacks in a weekend? We keep the "Once a week" as a debuff. If a toon attacks or defends. It can only be at 1 (offense) max 2 (defense) time slots for it. Maybe even make it a bit more extreme and have a consumable item like the NW token or the Toxin for EU that can only be consumed once a day. So if we make all our toons attack on 4 different alt factions we won't be able to play a single defense with Tempest. Or even simpler. We allow alliances to only happen during defenses. For offensives we already have ganks for which people usually does a great job of sharing factionmates already ;D

The main reason behind that suggestion, back when we were discussing this. Is that I take very seriously EULA violations and TW rules violations. So I wouldn't condone the use of alliances to have our alts on an alt faction attack an enemy to thin their lines more. The goal of alliances should be to benefit exclusively defending factions with lower SF than the attacking faction. Not the other way around. So yes, I agree with you we shouldn't leave anybody outside of a war just because the defending faction chose not to show. It should be an encouragement for factions with smaller numbers to have the ability to outnumber those that outgear them pretty much.

Edit:

I love your ideas, thanks for participating! though I got to disagree with the tower auto-building. I think it adds to tactics in TW. Factions chose to build them as they're being zerg rushed. I remember back in Calamity/Regen days. We did not build those towers until our B push was fully established, precisely to eliminate that problem of them being zerg'd. Some factions just haven't figured the importance of having those towers up yet. Mostly because, in all fairness in DW battles are usually at a crystal and hardly ever at a lane anymore :(

I too agree TW needs more Support elements. Whether they're buffs or Towers. I would love to see other types of artillery that aren't just catapults. For example in other MMOs you can see Ammunition carts that either provide deffensive or offensive temporary buffs/aoes. I would love to see that in PWI. I also would love to see utility NPCs in PWI. I dont know if anybody is familiar with WvW Golems for example. (sorry, cant use other game names). Imagine having the ability to summon City guards or Famous figures of each city. Maybe even known bosses as support NPCs. Hell, I'd love to fight by Duke Blake's side or against the Duke during an archosaur siege. Just to have an idea

A registration system would be amazing too, and would make it so much easier to keep track of who comes TW and such in your faction which seems to be a common issue of any TW faction. I'd be interesting to see if we could have any sort of detail activity log when it comes to TW instances too! I miss the PK rankings :(

but it would mean that Dyna and Eq cant have TW between them self b:surrender

I think for PWI would be easier if they merge servers
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hell, I'd love to fight by Duke Blake's side or against the Duke during an archosaur siege.

No chance. Next siege we throw him to the mobs b:angry
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Well yeah :( I can see how that would ruin some pretty fun TWs you guys have been having this week. But like I was saying, I'm just thinking out loud of rules for a thing that doesn't even exists.

If you think allied factions should still be able to attack each other, I can agree with that too! Whatever keeps it fun and most importantly whatever keeps TW competitive for everyone. Wouldn't you agree?

What other changes you'd implement to TW for it being more fun and balanced? I really just wanted to have all input available hoping that it can be used as a suggestion box in the future. I understand changes in this game don't normally happen fast or at all without China's development. But I'm also hoping that enough ideas thrown around might get the attention of the people involved in making this game xD
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i like the idea of having the map setting based on the territory land XDDD
    and also the add new catapults, maybe like having different catapult to take down different towers more effective or ineffective b:cute
    maybe add new features into the map
    -add falling obstacles that deals by %
    -add a reduce moment speed area(like mudding ground)
    -add a wind system that affects air traveling speed(increase or decrease depending on which direction you go and which direction the wind blows)
    -add maybe like a tornado that can gust you up into the air and temporary disable you

b:surrender about the soulforce thing
    my gear is all +12 but my shards aren't good and most people have better cards than me
    i don't think soulforce is a good indicator to determine who has better gear overall
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How to revamp TW?
    Let randoms run rampant in any TW to kill either one of the sides, but not eachother.
    That should be fun.

What would be better?
    Give everyone an equal set of TW gear upon entering TW and force equip it, make it un-de-equippable (or however the hell you write that).
    Then you get a test of skill instead of test of credit cards.
    But that's not going to happen because muh gear progress, which is understandable, but still it would make it more aimed towards actual skill.

To be honest, it's funny to see how particular people post so much out of their *** now that that certain person is in the current top faction of the server, but back when they were facestomped themselves, barely posted at all about it.
    But hey, powercreep is not just about gear.

Regarding factions; none are clean and I know more about tempest than I do about dynasty. But seriously, some posts some people make are really full of **** and are plain pathetic.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ignoring all the drama mongering *yawn* really bored of butthurt people QQ'ing about Tempest/Relic/Calamity/Squirrels..

I don't think the Soulforce idea would work, players could just remove all their gear enter 200 people into TW and put it back on again, removing the option to gear swap inside wouldn't be a viable solution to this.

The att/def lvl buff based on landcount is actually a good idea in theory, but needs to be updated to add spirit to it also and possibly a few other things.

Aura's like in delta that have a large aoe effect that could be set up in defensive positions like outside your gates, which could be interesting.

Adding a secondary portal near the spawn area to an area in between the mid towers on B and your B gate, over to the green area would be pretty interesting to set up ambushes and help on defends.

I like dblazens idea, seeing as it's pretty unlikely, I think having a separate battle arena that is always going on with equalized gear would be fun.

Seeing as this is in the Dreamweaver section I guess I can make one additional point; How about people learn to squad play, even if gearwise you are a disadvantage (although how much this argument actually holds in reality is debatable considering the gear in EQ atm) running out the base into heavy fire with no buffs and the seal still on one at a time.. i have no words for this, like why would you do that, why would your squad leader let you do that, I just don't get it. With good squadplay you can take down anything, there's a video I saw part of where Dragoonz gets killed in about 4 seconds by Dynasty squadplay/assist attacking on him, like you cannot get better gear than he has, so just goes to show if people work together have some sort of a plan what can be overcome.

There's too much passive aggression on this server, it's a game, play it and have fun, the whole let's no show so they don't have any fun huehue approach is just immature and hurts your faction, look what happened to Dynasty, the same thing will happen to EQ, players want to fight have some PvP when half the faction decides they would rather no show to be 'mean' the other half will be like ummm so why do we have TW lands if we aren't going to defend them. You can comfortably beat Dynasty without any sort of squadplay required, great, move up on to the next biggest fish, that's what we did with Relic, when we got too strong for BootyCamp, Troya, Vex, we moved on to Dynasty, it was an uphill battle and we lost more than we won, but god it was fun, and we were undergeared in comparison, cards hadn't come out and Dynasty had an entire squad of R9rr+12 josd (Merangelus etc). We can blame PWE for it all we want, but in reality a large portion of the blame is on the officers of the factions, the TW teams, the passive aggressiveness and the lame butthurtness.

Also rofl about the modding request, nearly spat out my coffee laughing! Embarrassing tbh. :x
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    running out the base into heavy fire with no buffs and the seal still on one at a time.. i have no words for this, like why would you do that, why would your squad leader let you do that, I just don't get it.

b:laughb:chuckleb:laugh

I'm happy I had a look at this thread even though it was on DW section. TW on your server sound "funny" b:pleased

@topic : as Dark said, soulforce wouldn't be a good indicator because people can remove their gears. And anyway, soulforce is a little outdated because of cards. I mean G16+10 with S full S cards (or A set) > R9.3+12 with B cards 1/25 (without even talking about primal passives)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Equalizing gear is something PWI would never go for since buying that crapton of gear is where their moneymaking is - and if players can't use said gear when it counts, the incentive to buy power is gone. So that's a dead end.

TWs need some randomness. Like a po'd superboss that stomps around the lanes randomly oneshotting people who stray too close - which messes up marshalling teams or forces a cata push through A/C rather then the standard full B push.
    Or a tiny Goblin of Annoyance that'll periodically paralyze folk and deal minor damage to destealth em - to give them sneaky sins some pause.
    Or a "Rocks Fall Everyone Dies" killzone that can be triggered once somewhere to clear a breakthrough.

Just some thoughts.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    To be honest, it's funny to see how particular people post so much out of their *** now that that certain person is in the current top faction of the server, but back when they were facestomped themselves, barely posted at all about it.
    But hey, powercreep is not just about gear.

Regarding factions; none are clean and I know more about tempest than I do about dynasty. But seriously, some posts some people make are really full of **** and are plain pathetic.

Well yeah you were in Tempest then rage quit it while it was being beat down. When the merge happened you wanted to be back and they denied you. I can see why this would upset you.

Nobody forces you to read forums. Enjoy your semi retirement. Bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • PetalaRubra - Dreamweaver
    PetalaRubra - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think get rewards for participating in tw, like we have in nw and rw would stimulate more people to appear and release the faction of responsability of payment, its an good idea. But would be like nw we would see tws full of people and afkers...changes in scenario would be good but against a full 80 faction if we already lag a lot with a new scenario think some computers would crash lol. The ally system we have actual in game is useless, would be usefull with Andres suggestion. But it reduce the options for have an fun tw wih factions allied. And what is the point in be in one faction and tw in another? Make the limit of players in one faction bigger than?
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't play on DW but TW needs to be able to cater for more than 80 people from each faction. Never understood the point of 200 people factions with 80 cap in TW. Might as well limit factions to 80 people and get everyone else in competing TW factions on the map.
    Games are only fun when they are a challenge and when swarms of OP's hardcore merchers and cash shoppers flock to a faction it becomes very easy for 1 faction to simply dominate the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2015
    Don't play on DW but TW needs to be able to cater for more than 80 people from each faction. Never understood the point of 200 people factions with 80 cap in TW. Might as well limit factions to 80 people and get everyone else in competing TW factions on the map.

Well... when I was playing on PW-MY I remember an epic double defense TW. We had 160 people divided in two 80 people group, one group for each TW. I think that just before I quit the top factions were able to get 180-200 people for some TW which was useful to defend against triple attack.
    Obviously you won't see that happen anymore because :
    1) Not enough people
    2) Gank is considered as a bad thing even if the ganked faction have more than 80 people who can sign-up

I think the system of reward for both sides would be a good idea as well. If people are afk like in NW then the faction management will deal with it (which is not possible in NW)

I also like Evryn's ideas in a way but we all know this will never be done.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »

im pretty sure thread started like this

I didnt know what happened in WC at that moment, or what EQ did. (of course now i know and i understand them)
    Who is he calling as both losers? Dyna and Eq? Cuz thats how i understand that. And thats like already provoking to another drama thread.

Not to mention that in other threads some broke ToS
    Its still in 1st page and u didnt even fix it and yet u post in that thread too. sigh

So instead of taking sides. Reminded them BOTH to talk nice
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2015
    Who is he calling as both losers? Dyna and Eq? Cuz thats how i understand that. And thats like already provoking to another drama thread.

Actually "both losers" means nothing, in this context, right ? (English is not my main language, so I might be wrong)
    He clearly wrote "both losers and victors", so I understand it as Tempest and EQ since he talks about a war between those two...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    edited May 2015
    Actually "both losers" means nothing, in this context, right ? (English is not my main language, so I might be wrong)
    He clearly wrote "both losers and victors", so I understand it as Tempest and EQ since he talks about a war between those two...

He is talking bout winners and losers of a certain TW. The both is a reference to winners and losers, not on 2 losers. I imagine proper wording of it would of been adding a comma in manner of "both, losers and winner...". Either way his intent was evident in context and being understood is imo what matters.

I do love DW forums, how intent certain people are to get butthurt. The opening of this thread, the reference to DW TWs was simply an anecdote and I feel it was evident if you werent looking for a reason to get offended.

Tl:Dr. You are right bout the meaning.