Arc not loading

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I used the "Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped" link that NRGLG gave and it works! Hopefully, PWI will have this whole mess fixed soon. Thanks for your help, NRGLG.

And this thing alow you to bypass Arc or he alow you to open Arc on Windows XP?
    Sorry if it seemed to be a stupid question.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015

It's to open Arc on XP. He has a different post (and link) about how to bypass Arc entirely.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Both of you that had your posts removed:
    OPKossy wrote: »
    -snip start/middle of post-
    Regardless, that OS discussion and upgrading vs not ends here. If you wish to continue, take it to PM or create a thread in Off-Topic about it.

The removal was the friendly warning.
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015
    It's to open Arc on XP. He has a different post (and link) about how to bypass Arc entirely.

But how about the old way to bypass Arc? For me its still working.
    giphy.gif

• NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Arc XP does not actually allow you to run Arc on XP. It was a name to poke fun at Arc. It does the same exact thing as the batch files.
    But how about the old way to bypass Arc? For me its still working.

It should be. It's the way Arc XP works as well.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Arc XP does not actually allow you to run Arc on XP. It was a name to poke fun at Arc. It does the same exact thing as the batch files.

Should have paid more attention, I guess! b:surrender

Too used to how I always bypass Arc anyways, I suppose. My mistake!
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    I was examining Arc's files and found some interesting things...

"d:\jenkins\cc_ci_compile\coreclient\references\libbase\win\Thread.cpp"
    "d:\Jenkins\CC_CI_Compile\CoreClient\src\Release\Arc"
    "d:\Jenkins\CC_CI_Compile\CoreClient\src\Release\ArcSDK"

Now my question is, who is Jenkins and why did they compile it wrong? That's right. Now we know the person responsible. It was Jenkins! That smug jerk. Just look at them: http://jenkins-ci.org/

Note: If you don't know what Jenkins is, just know that this was a joke based on what I saw.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015

Now my question is, who is Jenkins and why did they compile it wrong? That's right. Now we know the person responsible. It was Jenkins! That smug jerk. Just look at them: http://jenkins-ci.org/

Note: If you don't know what Jenkins is, just know that this was a joke based on what I saw.

This Jenkins should be FIREDb:angry
    giphy.gif

• bravo00068
    bravo00068 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/client
    Go to page where arc installer and look:

System Requirements
    Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8, 512MB RAM, 1Ghz or
    faster processor, and 200MB of available disk space.
  • bravo00068
    bravo00068 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now i can run pwi without Arc, but arc need to redeem promo codes, like Jones & OMalley codes and others new.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Now my question is, who is Jenkins and why did they compile it wrong? That's right. Now we know the person responsible. It was Jenkins! That smug jerk.

It was probably Leroy, he's always in a rush to get things done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015

At least he has chicken. b:laugh
  • xhatch
    xhatch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have the same issue now as of today. Is there any update as to whether Arc will be fixed again to run with XP?
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    No official word from PWE. The multiple ways to bypass Arc, however, are all still intact.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    At least he has chicken. b:laugh

b:chuckle

I did not expect that reference.

I just stuck that bypass bit I put back on page six on my first post on this thread (post 2). Hoping to resolve people's confusion a bit quicker since they are likely to go from page 1 straight to the last page.

• Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thanks for the bypass NRGLG worked fine
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For what it's worth... ARC -will- run normally on Windows XP 64 - which is based on the Server 2003 kernel.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If it was a sale item it would be fiixed by bow. Sadly other things have no priority for PWI
  • michaeljz
    michaeljz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I sent a ticket in this morning regarding this issue and this is the answer that I received and i thought I would share it. Doesn't say how long it will take but at least we know they are working on it.
    -snip ticket response-
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    It's a rule that you can't put the content of a ticket in a post.

To sum it up though, they basically said that it was in fact a mistake and that a resolution is currently in progress. Until then the bypass is the current quickest resolution. Although not for people who are trying to install it new.

Side note: I saw that it was rule 8 to not post tickets, but what about rule 5? Is that rule not really observed anymore; or at least not the PWE part?

• opkossy
    edited May 2015
    It is. It's generally handled more loosely to allow room for constructive criticism and voicing general discontent, but it's still enforced. Like how that Arc acronym thread was going from potential fun to just plain bashing PWE. Some posts in it before and after my warning have been removed for crossing the line.
  • Thinah - Harshlands
    Thinah - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont know about some of you people but i dont make enough money to buy vista or even like it. they could have let us know ahead of time they were knocking us windows xp users out of the game.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It seems to have been unintentional (someone used the wrong compile option) and should be fixed "Real Soon Now" (TM Chaos Manor.) There are also ways to launch PWI without Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    i dont know about some of you people but i dont make enough money to buy vista or even like it. they could have let us know ahead of time they were knocking us windows xp users out of the game.

Four posts back I explained a ticket that michaeljz had gotten (had to be removed due to rule 8). They, more-or-less, confirmed the issue as a mistake and that they are working on a resolution for it. For now you can use the bypass if you already have PWI installed. If not, then I guess just sit back and wait...or don't. Whatever you want really.

• Thux - Heavens Tear
    Thux - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, first Firefall and other games, now PWI. I think it's time to move on and change to Win7.

PS: So lazy to backup !!! b:victory
  • fips777
    fips777 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have tried to open up my Arc and it has not been opening. A pop=up appears with this message: "The procedure entry point InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Arc, plus restarting my computer. Nothing seems to work. This problem appeared out of nowhere, as Arc has been working fine for quite some time. I'll keep checking. Any suggestions?

help me pls FOR game War Of The Immortal
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    That game does have its own forum and a tech support section there as well. You should probably ask for help there instead of over here.
  • GingerSprite - Sanctuary
    GingerSprite - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Windows 7 would be better. It's not like they have any reason to support an extremely aging OS that not even Microsoft will support anymore.

XP is dead, it was time to upgrade over 5 years ago.
  • sashka2015
    sashka2015 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So some1 sent a letter in support? R they plan to fix it? Game work at XP, at system requirements to Arc writen XP. Standart Xp is 32bit. For fixing that they need year?
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks NRGLG and the others for pointing at the work-around.

I am still curious how PWE will fix this Arc issue, seeing that the updater there isn't launching

Just made a ticket, hoping that the number of tickets helps PWE realizing how many players still use XP (voluntary or just out of need)