New Skill!

Chrisssss - Sanctuary
Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Cleric
Yeah this will never happen but it's a fun topic to bring up; in a what if scenerio what if clerics are given a new buff that buffed spirit by 100 or 200 that can be purgable like anyother buffs? Do you think it could drastically balance the classes out in pvp?
Post edited by Chrisssss - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, it would make clerics drastically more broken than they already are. Clerics are fine.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Full buff vs Full buff without purge wouldn't change as you're increasing everyone's spirit and spirit only matters when it's not equal. The lower the gap is relatively, the less of an effect it has.

Full buff vs full buff with purge would make purge a bit more useful since the first to get purged would be at a spirit disadvantage that Primal Passives don't cover up as well compared to what they do for phys/mag defense (and soon HP).

Self buffed would be broken in favor of clerics for much the same reason as the purge scenario. Clerics are strong enough as is in a self buffed scenario.

Unbuffed wouldn't matter because... unbuffed. Who fights without at least self buffs anyways? b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Full buff vs Full buff without purge wouldn't change as you're increasing everyone's spirit and spirit only matters when it's not equal. The lower the gap is relatively, the less of an effect it has.

Full buff vs full buff with purge would make purge a bit more useful since the first to get purged would be at a spirit disadvantage that Primal Passives don't cover up as well compared to what they do for phys/mag defense (and soon HP).

Self buffed would be broken in favor of clerics for much the same reason as the purge scenario. Clerics are strong enough as is in a self buffed scenario.

Unbuffed wouldn't matter because... unbuffed. Who fights without at least self buffs anyways? b:laugh

I'm probably a little confused as to what you mean by full buff vs full buff with purge; what I meant by purgable I mean making it purgable as though it was like vanguard/magic shell/celestial guardian seal and spirit gift. And that would be the point making a single target instantly OP by having a some what large gap in spirit to its target but than again if they got purged by a veno or blackhole weap skill than they wouldn't be as OP.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Simply put.... everyone and their grandma has cleric alts and buff slaves. All this would do is add yet another buff to a cleric buff macro for everyone who wants to be full buffed and people would still be on even ground... until they get purged and suddenly have a much bigger gap to deal with because now their opponent(s) has extra spirit on top of everything else.

Doesn't change much in a mass PvP scenario where it's purge key targets -> amp -> kill anyways. In a 1v1 typically the first to get purged is put at a major disadvantage as well and this change would just make that gap bigger until both targets were purged.... which leads to the self-buffed scenario where clerics will have an edge because now they'd get yet another powerful buff, except they honestly don't need this on top of everything else they have.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Just saying that all you need to do is purge key target > amp > and kill seems very generic if you're a true cleric you should just be able to purfy > rebuff your target in that situation. I'm not so sure if everyone has a cleric alt they use as purly buff slaves in massive pvp any cleric whose played as cata cleric in tw or whome actually heals in nw will tell you that people are constantly getting purged. I will agree that it does give clerics an edge but it doesn't take much to kill cleric even high geared clerics; most sins can just pop out of stealth stun and kill and wont even mention duskblades >.>.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol. No ty.

Actual needed updates would be like an update to vd where you can switch weps/charms without having to go out of it since the damn thing has a 15sec cd. >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    lol. No ty.

Actual needed updates would be like an update to vd where you can switch weps/charms without having to go out of it since the damn thing has a 15sec cd. >.>;;

Its a hypothetical skill but yeah agreed with you would be nice to have a UVD update where you could switch weap/charms however this would have included barbs/venos/ and other classes with morph skills.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just saying that all you need to do is purge key target > amp > and kill seems very generic if you're a true cleric you should just be able to purfy > rebuff your target in that situation. I'm not so sure if everyone has a cleric alt they use as purly buff slaves in massive pvp any cleric whose played as cata cleric in tw or whome actually heals in nw will tell you that people are constantly getting purged. I will agree that it does give clerics an edge but it doesn't take much to kill cleric even high geared clerics; most sins can just pop out of stealth stun and kill and wont even mention duskblades >.>.

Eh, major NW squads really dont get rebuffed that quickly. Because NW has lost a lot of active players, maps are pretty empty and most time you are far better off splitting squad. Depending on amount of clerics squad has not every group is gonna have a cleric. Even if you get cleric in your instance, you are rarely going to be too close to each other outside of bridge maps as covering ground is pretty important on other two. And most importantly, support clerics has magnets on them as they draw focus extremely effectively and thus are usually dead before the DD which gets ganked is.

Clerics are just obnoxiously broken in small scale PvP as it is now though and they really dont need any buffs.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Spirit doesn't balance out anything. Period. What your suggesting would make purge more effective and that's about it. We already had this with that temporary spirit buff. One should do dailies and work on better cards, as long as you have 800-900 spirit buffed you're fine.

Clerics are one of the top tier classes atm, compared to other classes really have no reason to complain.

The UVD point I can see how that would be annoying not being able to change gear but then barbs (and venos?) should get that option too in their transformed state.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    however this would have included barbs/venos/ and other classes with morph skills.

I don't really see any issue with this, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • elinshoe
    elinshoe Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nothing against you, OP, but I would say no to the idea, because making that buff available would mean in PVP, those who get buffed have the advantage, but those who don't don't. It would mean more power goes to those who have alts, which I'm pretty sure is not the intent of the game.
    For men, waking up is the second hardest thing in the morning.