Arc update

Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Support Desk
OK, whats the excuse going to be this time. my arc update caused a malfunction in the DLL (dynamic link library). so now i cant log on or access anything. All i got to say is thanks pw glad you cared. Cause this is ridiculous.
The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
Post edited by Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    how are people still using arc regularly??

there is only 1 use for it, arc codes
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because they are confused about how to bypass it.

@Vanflyheight They compiled Arc for Vista and newer systems. At the moment, the only way to resolve this, would be to upgrade your OS. However, at the same time, this was probably just another mistake, as per the usual. Although they still have not made any mention about this change yet. If you don't care about Arc, then proceed to the Technical Support forum where you will be given limited instructions on how to bypass Arc.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    im having the same problem and i know because im using windows xp that is the problem but if pwi going to make a change why not tell us before they do so. i for one been a player of pwi for a long time and i hate to have to start a new game all over again. so they ether need to fix it or tell us as xp users that we are **** out of luck.
    b:angry
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you don't care about Arc, there is no problem if you just use the Arc bypass.

---
    You know what? I'm going to create a small program today for all of you having issues. It will run PWI for you until Arc is fixed. I will call it "Arc XP because PWE Derpped". It shouldn't take me more than an hour.

Done: http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its not just cause im still using xp, its cause during the arc update i got a pop up message on how my arc was locked due to a missing file in the DLL (kernel 32). since ive reinstalled arc more than half a dozen times hoping that it would fix it automatically, i still keep getting the same message. So pw needs to get this thing fixed or they are going to have more players quit due to something this stupid.

So far ive missed out on 2 events that i like doing. RW and last nights NW. so i cant log onto anything pw related till its fixed. Like i said, thanks pw glad you cared.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You're missing kernel32.dll because you're running XP. You're not going to be able to launch ARC until someone at PWE fixes ARC to not require post XP windows files. No telling how long that will take.

You can play PWI without logging into ARC. There are numerous posts in this section telling how.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    You're missing kernel32.dll because you're running XP. You're not going to be able to launch ARC until someone at PWE fixes ARC to not require post XP windows files. No telling how long that will take.

You can play PWI without logging into ARC. There are numerous posts in this section telling how.

This. Quite literally. Please read what the posts have been telling you here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • brogito
    brogito Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've had this account for years but when we swapped over to ARC i cannot link my account info with my characters (started fresh on fleetfoot) It just reads invalid username or password but I am logged into this account now with the same PW! Wtf? Help pls (This is pertaining to purchasing zen and new accs can only reply to posts for 3 days...)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    brogito wrote: »
    I've had this account for years but when we swapped over to ARC i cannot link my account info with my characters (started fresh on fleetfoot) It just reads invalid username or password but I am logged into this account now with the same PW! Wtf? Help pls (This is pertaining to purchasing zen and new accs can only reply to posts for 3 days...)

Try logging in using the email address on the account instead of the username.

Also, if you use any characters that are not on a US 101-key keyboard, then you may need to change your password.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]