PWI log in event for May

Comments

• Remenant - Archosaur
    Remenant - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have gotten the rewards on all classes so far except my nonreborn stormbringer and duskblade which i have been logged on to for over 2 hrs now and still no mail...

Were all the characters on the same account? ;o
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gundameister - Sanctuary
    Gundameister - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why is ppl getting reward if its the 2nd day? o.O also dont tell me whe are fu**ed if i logged the first day before the 12 pm? we cant get the last reward? b:angry
  • phaseshifter
    phaseshifter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why is ppl getting reward if its the 2nd day? o.O also dont tell me whe are fu**ed if i logged the first day before the 12 pm? we cant get the last reward? b:angry

^That
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Likely PWI failed this event just like the last one. For reference, see my sig.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I actually did login for all 3 "days" because I expected them to use the hypers/meridian timer. And still didn't get the reward. So there's something else going wrong besides that.
  • phaseshifter
    phaseshifter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    b:bye Hopefully this will be fixed in a few days... or "soon".
  • Terrytini - Raging Tide
    Terrytini - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Re-read (or read for the first time) the news post they gave:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9224243-pwi%3A-may-login-promotion-starts-on-may-6

They added some extra info from the initial announcement.

NOTICE:
    - it doesn't say anywhere that it's redeemable only on one character per account
    - it says "The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00AM (midnight) – 12:00AM (midnight next day), except for the first and last days."

Midnight UTC time is 8PM EST or 5PM PST time.

So for example, on east coast servers:
    the FIRST day was 3:00PM - 7:59PM Wednesday
    the SECOND DAY was 8:00PM Wednesday - 7:59PM Thursday
    so the THIRD DAY started 8PM today for those of you wondering "why are we getting the rewards already on the second day?"

Thus, nothing is "broken" or needs to be "fixed". It sucks that they didn't tell us some of this information ahead of time, but this is exactly as they intended.
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This

NOTICE:
    - it says "The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00AM (midnight) – 12:00AM (midnight next day), except for the first and last days."

PWI should have provided this information on day one ... I want the profundity scrolls on chars I want to rebirth later .. and those 2 characters have not received mails .. I could log onto my mains to check if they got it .. but wlll that cause the mail to go to wrong characters?

PWI have messed up by not providing full and complete information at event start.

Players can't be expected to go and re-read the conditions daily just in case they have changed!
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9224243-pwi%3A-may-login-promotion-starts-on-may-6

NOTICE:
    - it doesn't say anywhere that it's redeemable only on one character per account

so the THIRD DAY started 8PM today for those of you wondering "why are we getting the rewards already on the second day?"

Thus, nothing is "broken" or needs to be "fixed". It sucks that they didn't tell us some of this information ahead of time, but this is exactly as they intended.

GG PWI.. Providing crucial information after the start of an event. Oh how cool is that! b:angry
    So it was by sheer luck that I logged in on the first day b:shocked
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015

NOTICE:

or... OR.... they did **** something up and changed the info to fit the **** up so they wouldt have to take responcibility for it. the first unaltered post was super specific in stating that one toon per account would get this. even going so far as to point out that that meant one toon on one server and all your other toons are **** out of luck. even the first edit containd this wording.

the first one also said it was going to be at 12PM not AM PDT and made no mention of anything regaqrding UTC and never said that the first day was going to be a 5 hour time window. the first edit didnt even contain this info.

these edits were made 8 and 24 hours after the event went live with the latter one being the one that lets me know im now locked out of a prize because i assumed the event started at 3pm and reset at 3pm because thats how long a day is.
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    So as compensation do y'all intend to give out codes for the last tier, since it's not the players fault.

I say give out free dragon orbs b:shutupb:shutupb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel like this whole thing could be resolved if they just added 1 more day to the event. Make the last day of the event the 20th of May and all of the issues are resolved.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    edited May 2015
    I feel like this whole thing could be resolved if they just added 1 more day to the event. Make the last day of the event the 20th of May and all of the issues are resolved.

b:laughb:laugh 99% chance that they won't b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mmmk so I got the Tier 1 reward on the character I intended to get the reward.
    I draw a conclusion that the log in counter sets not after bh reset, but after hyper reset; because in my timezone technically the 3rd day had yet to occur. So at least for me time-zone wise I think that creates a re-log time of 3pm, while 3am is the bh reset time for me.
    This seems... awkward, if I am indeed correct.
    It would make more sense for the log-in count to activate after the bh reset time.
    I haven't checked to see if any other chars on the same account qualified for the reward; I do pretty much log everyone in once per day, but if they have, I'm calling shenanigans.
    Not that I particularly care one way or the other if I get a reward or not, but I get that some people do.

I really don't understand what the deal is with non-stashable rewards. They could eliminate 90% of the confusion if it didn't matter what char qualified for the reward, if it could be stuck in the account stash. There is no way to exploit it, since technically any char on the account could get the items themselves anyway if they happen to be the one that logs in.

Frankly I'd prefer it that, if they want to give us gifts, just to give out a code for it and not make us jump through time-specific hoops in order to qualify.
    Anyone who cares about these rewards is most likely an active player who logs in frequent enough to want it, requiring specific log-ins isn't an incentive, it's a deterrent.
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You wish..
    Most of the time items were sent to wrong toons on the accounts. Happened also to me.
    I logged in with my mains 1st (every day after 12am/pm), but still got it on wrong toons (which I even didn't log, just to ensure they won't get it..).
    Expect the worst, get the worst. I won't spam tickets, would be a waste of time, they don't read them anyway.
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey all

I just wanted to clear out few things about the rewards and how that sme got it and others didnt. and this is all my assumption

First of all, all the timezone i am gonna talk about is server time which is pacific timezone, so you can do the conversion.

The event started at the 6th at 12pm (noon) so the people that logged since that time untill 5 pm and ther logged back again had 2 log in days already

cuz 12pm - 5pm 1 log in then 5 pm to 12 am 2nd log in

and after the next smoke event ofc at 5 pm got thier 3rd day which most of the people got it

i know it is a lil bit weird and hard but thats all what i got from this mess.

and *** usual PWI always surprise us with a new problem and stuff to rage at.

Thanks all
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, so my sis and I have logged in the same number of days, actually, I've been on everyday since like the 3rd or 4th. She got the rewards, but I have not, checked all chars I log, any thoughts?
    Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    Ok, so my sis and I have logged in the same number of days, actually, I've been on everyday since like the 3rd or 4th. She got the rewards, but I have not, checked all chars I log, any thoughts?

Nope. I was logging in at the same time and day as another person, every day. I got the rewards and they didn't. The system is buggy.
    war34child wrote: »
    You wish..

I do.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do.
    It's not xmas, it's pwi/pwe.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    <explanatory text>
    any thoughts?

It's pwe that made the event, what'd you expect, something that worked?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    war34child wrote: »
    It's not xmas, it's pwi/pwe.

Aww. b:shedtear

• PhantomEin - Lost City
    PhantomEin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For those of you who wonder why some people already got their tier 1 reward on day 2 is because they changed the time info after the 1st day is over. First day changed to 12pm-5pm pst and the edited post was made after 5pm. I believe they should extend the event one more day otherwise many will miss out on the tier 3 reward. b:surrender b:shocked b:surrender
  • Josh - Lost City
    Josh - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, on the first day we only had 5 hrs to log in to get the first day to count. However It was during 12pm-5pm and nearly everyone is at work at those hours. I was fine with missing out on the Smoke over archosaur event but really? You do realize a large portion of your users have things to do during 12pm-5pm....

I think the tier rewards should just be reduced:
    Tier 1: 2 days
    Tier 2: 6 days
    Tier 3: 11 days

This way all the active players can still get Tier 3 rewards. Another thing is do note Mother's day is on Sunday and most likely a big portion of users will be busy that day and they miss a day. This gives a 3 days buffer for all users where they can miss one day for each tier.

All those for this go ahead and reply to help this cause!
  • Josh - Lost City
    Josh - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, on the first day we only had 5 hrs to log in to get the first day to count. However It was during 12pm-5pm and nearly everyone is at work at those hours. I was fine with missing out on the Smoke over archosaur event but really? You do realize a large portion of your users have things to do during 12pm-5pm....

I think the tier rewards should just be reduced:
    Tier 1: 2 days
    Tier 2: 6 days
    Tier 3: 11 days

This way all the active players can still get Tier 3 rewards. Another thing is do note Mother's day (Unless PWE hates mothers b:shutup) is on Sunday and most likely a big portion of users will be busy that day and they miss a day. This gives a 3 days buffer for all users where they can miss one day for each tier.

All those for this go ahead and reply to help this cause!
  • theladybarb
    theladybarb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is Probably PWI's biggest fail on the May loginevent! I have 2 account on the RT server andhad my bank on each account loged in while I was entertaining company. I return to my conputers at 9:28pm CST, making it 10:28pm EST. Making it still May 7th, and to my suprise PWI gave my rewards to my bank's. Oh TYVM NOT PWI!!! How ever the worst part is neither of my other 2 toons per account got anything.

However my RL husband also has two accounts on the RT server. One account has 4 toons, the other account has 5. And all NINE of his accounts recieved the login rewards!!!

PWI what is it with you and NOT being about to count to "" 3 ""?

Besides this EPIC Fail, I would like to take Jolly Jones Advanced grind Machine and Put it where
    the sun don't shine. After all the complaints on forums. FIX The dang Machine.
    Make it remove the Pulp after 3 harvest, and the Flesh unable to drop. PLEASE If you cannot get the masses of Jolly "Bot" Dog's under control, at least give the true players fair ground to stand on!
    The Masses of **** up grow old.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep... good job. I got the reward on an alt sharing same account as my main. Even though I always logged my main first.
    As expected...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I log my bm and sin at the same time every time for this log in event. Sin gets the reward, while bm is still waiting. Most people might have missed the first day, but some of us who did not miss the first day, still have not received the reward.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont know how you look like.
    But you said that they got tier 3 rewards . Thats the reward for 14 days. Unless PW **** up everything you cannot get tier 3 reward. You probably got tier 1 reward but you dont know the difference between 1 and 3.
    Why the hell I am sorounded by idiots that dont know the numbers?

by tier 3 i meant day 3 - my bad. but being called an idiot by someone with your name is something i cant accept, get on my level first, scrub.

why do i even bother with this forum, seriously.

fact: i got all my rewards. why? because i can count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So basically I'm hearing if you didn't get your tier 1 prize on day 2, you won't be able to get the 14 day one.

I got mine roughly 40 min after midnight on the third day, and thought nothing of it. I assumed people in wc were trolling yesterday.

So either I got days 2,3,4 counted and missed 1, having logged in at either just before or just after 5pm (I tried to do it before 5 due to KNOWING this **** would happen) or some people just got an extra day counted and will end up with 15 log ins.

Not that the latter will matter, but every time they do these events why do we all have to DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER to guard against this kind of ****?

It should be simple, as simple as logging in once a day. I log in 2-3 times a day and for this event I'm only logging ONE character. I should fully expect to receive all the goodies, but its once again anyone's guess.

I swear I actually lose sanity points like in some Lovecraftian RPG every time I try to come to grips with the disbelief I am stricken with when a simple event in this game goes awry. You close you eyes, thinking "not again, no company could possibly mess up all these events in a row, the mind cannot reconcile this version of reality."

In the end will any of us be anything more than gibbering madmen, rocking slowly in our cells, muttering "I was supposed to get mail today" over and over..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • joebaggadonuts
    joebaggadonuts Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What a joke. 11 accounts logged at same approximate times each day (1pm PST + after server reset) and all but one get the tier one reward. The one that doesn't is of course the one I actually care about.

I made a huge effort to log toons at both times to cover my *** since we never got any clear info on what time the event counted as new days. Yet somehoe my main, which was logged more often than any other toon gets screwed....awesome.