Sky Pirate Portal Bug

jackiejackie
jackiejackie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Quality Corner
Hello,

I just found the Sky Pirate event mob and the portal appeared after we killed it, however, my friend and I did not even get teleported in. Yes, we did go through the portal multiple times. b:sad And I have found pirate plenty of times, but this is the first time this has ever happened and it's very annoying, since you need a bunch of luck to find it in the first place before anybody else does.
Post edited by jackiejackie on

Comments

• Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its not a bug. You don't always get teleported by the portal. It's just something that happens. It is pretty usual for a squad of ten people to kill together and only 8 to get in. While there are things that can help get in (for example taking gear off to lower evasion if you're an LA class with lots of dex) the reality is you wont always get in
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • jackiejackie
    jackiejackie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its not a bug. You don't always get teleported by the portal. It's just something that happens. It is pretty usual for a squad of ten people to kill together and only 8 to get in. While there are things that can help get in (for example taking gear off to lower evasion if you're an LA class with lots of dex) the reality is you wont always get in

I can understand when its a squad full of people... however, it was simply me and my friend.
    And the reward for finding it should be guarenteed, it was literally a waste of time. There is no justification for that, especially when its not a bug apparently? So pwi knows this and chooses not to fix it? I think im even more pissed now.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    ....So pwi knows this and chooses not to fix it? I think im even more pissed now.
    This has been their motus operandi since Wanmei purchased the game, and then fired the original developers, a bit over 6 years ago.

It's not even some of the worst bugs in the game.

Nothing is guaranteed, and with the Sky Pirate, if you kill it too hard, you won't get in either. (I'll be honest and say I don't know a lot of detail on this, but I am of the understanding that if you deal too much damage, he gets killed fully before the portal opens and you miss out.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    the portal opens when he is below 50% hp, but if you kill him very fast he doesnt get a chance to open the portal. You have to keep him between 50% and 0

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, it's one of those things the devs likely have no intention of bothering with even if PWE were to point it out. Kinda like how killing Drake too fast prevents it from spawning the portal mob.

Speaking of which, that mob is exactly why you can sometimes not get in. If you aren't right on it practically or have some sort of status protection buff (IE: Tidal) or too high evasion, the mob may flat out miss you and you won't get warped as a result. It's rather silly but that's how it is.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Yeah the "mob" of the portal hits you for one damage and then you get ported in. If you have high evasion you'll see a spam of misses and you wont get in. Also i think it goes in order of aggro on sky pirate drake but I'm not really sure about that. Also venos/mystics should not summon their pets cause it can aggro the pets instead of people and make it harder to get in