Getting Tackled

Zahoulibar - Archosaur
Zahoulibar - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Assassin
Working on my demon aps assassin build and have been running through TT...however I'm having issues when I gain additional aggro mobs. How to handle multi-mobs when I don't have tons of vit stones to support the higher end damage? I'm thinking it is more strategy than my character build but any help would be appreciated. I know our aoe skills are quite limited so not sure of any macros or skills to use in a row, etc.
Post edited by Zahoulibar - Archosaur on

Comments

• Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you give a little more details? it might help a bit. Whats your gear look like? Which TT are you in?
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Zahoulibar - Archosaur
    Zahoulibar - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have approximately 4400 HP, almost have all my aps gear (atk rate 2.22 non sparked). I recently RB'd and am now level 80. ...Just feels like as an aps sin I won't be able to pull a lot of mobs at the moment. I'll get chased by 3 mobs and while I'm trying to kill one, the other two cut me down to size...

A perfect example is trying to do the Primal dailies. You need to run in and kill 4 of the guys in Stronghold assault..yeah i last 3 seconds
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Well primal mobs can be tough. That's a different story. 4400 HP is rather low for an aps sin. I would work on refines and shard with hp shards (even all hp+50 shards will make a nice difference) and finishing your aps gear. If you're now level 80 I would focus on leveling back to 100 and don't focus on farming for the moment.

As for the pulling comment, the reality is that as an aps sin you're not built to be very tanky. Unless you really invest in your aps gear to be +10 and good shards you most likely wont be doing any big pulls. You're built for fast damage output, and relying on your bp heals to survive. You will most likely have to take the mobs 1 by 1 for the time being

• VileBlack - Archosaur
    VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All of this is the truth. You arent meant for pulling and will always suck unless you invest a lot in refines. It does get better though. As you get higher in levels your defense will progressively get better.

Focus on hitting 100 though, that is key here. When you are able to do the resue the raccoons and raccoon paxt quests you can earn 2 primordial bloods a day. Dont be tempted bt using them for anyrhing else but the passive defense skill. There is a thread on other ways to get bloods in the general section.

More instances are starting to implement anti-aps buffs which will render you useless to thats stuff unless you learn to skill spam. I have been working on g16 gear and have maxed my primal passive defense skill and am almost astral sky 10 and i can tank primal mobs no problem even with 3 out of 6 g16 peices. If you are f2p and dont have a lot of time to farm r9, its a good option.

For now...
    Level up and go rb2 and level up again(or wait until youve gone as far as the primal def passive can go before rb2) save exp items for rb2 so you dont get stuck in the lvl 80-90 slump and for the love of god, shard your gear with hp shards...even flawless in all slots will help.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For now...
    Level up and go rb2 and level up again(or wait until youve gone as far as the primal def passive can go before rb2) save exp items for rb2 so you dont get stuck in the lvl 80-90 slump and for the love of god, shard your gear with hp shards...even flawless in all slots will help.

Mmmm gurl you right.

Passives = tremendous help
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Mmmm gurl you right.

Passives = tremendous help

You again xD. Not sure if you really think I'm a girl...or wish i was. Either way, primal passives = semi-game changing
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i will give ya few advices in general:
    1. don't deal with mobs if u solo tts just stealth threw unless u have kill count.
    2. if u can't handle groups of mobs pull them with zeal and kill one by one
    3. when u are rdy to pull a group of mobs then try to renember about this:
    -put ur buffs on (tidal/focus minded + deaden nerves)
    -geting full buffs helps too
    -When u aoe make sure to: spark>inner>subsea(+ tangling mire gennie skill)>rift>toxic>repeat rift>kite if not all dead
    -when u are doing big pulls u can try moving little ahead and targeting mob that is separeted from the rest. It's little hard to master but what i mean is atacking one mob with aoe while other mobs are coming for u (and geting hit by ur aoe) but they are still not close enought to u to hit u (i made it kinda complicated but hope someone will get this)

hope this helped a litttle
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. don't deal with mobs if u solo tts just stealth threw unless u have kill count.

This was my thought - I thought the point of being a Sin doing TT's was sneaking to the boss (or picking a nice isolated place to get your kill count).
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    It depends which TT you're in. Some have kill counts and some don't