PWI log in event for May

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Leeetttsssss just go through a scenario here (humor me ok). Just to be sure I've gotten this straight.

Step 1: Start ARC client.

Step 2: Start PWI game client.

Step 3: Log into PWI.

Step 4: Log onto character you would like to have the rewards on (just to be safe).

Step 5: Wait until safety lock is disabled (just to be safe).

Step 6: Log out of the PWI game client completely (just to be safe).

Step 7: Restart step 2.

Now for what I read on the ARC page and I quote this:

I'm going to assume they mean logging into the PWI game client 14 times a day and not the ARC client 14 times a day. That would be sheer stupidity on their end if that is how it's set up. I just hope it's not. Call me paranoid if anyone wants I don't care.b:surrender

I hope its not ARC cause I dont use it. Makes life much easier without it.
    giphy.gif

• cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You're not looking at it right. Maybe I need to give more detail?

Day 1 ~ 6th @1200hrs - 7th @ 1159hrs
    Day 2 ~ 7th @1200hrs - 8th @ 1159hrs
    Day 3 ~ 8th @1200hrs - 9th @ 1159hrs
    Day 4 ~ 9th @1200hrs - 10th @ 1159hrs
    Day 5 ~ 10th @1200hrs - 11th @ 1159hrs
    Day 6 ~ 11th @1200hrs - 12th @ 1159hrs
    Day 7 ~ 12th @1200hrs - 13th @ 1159hrs
    Day 8 ~ 13th @1200hrs - 14th @ 1159hrs
    Day 9 ~ 14th @1200hrs - 15th @ 1159hrs
    Day 10 ~ 15th @1200hrs - 16th @ 1159hrs
    Day 11 ~ 16th @1200hrs - 17th @ 1159hrs
    Day 12 ~ 17th @1200hrs - 18th @ 1159hrs
    Day 13 ~ 18th @1200hrs - 19th @ 1159hrs
    Day 14 ~ 19th @1200hrs - 19th @ 1959hrs <--- THIS SHOULD READ 2200 hrs!!

I used 24-hour time to simplify am/pm.

Note that this assumes the reset timer is at 12 noon. However, it may also be 12 midnight, especially when most PWI timers reset at 12 midnight. Plus technically, a day resets at 12 midnight as well.

In other words, it could be :

Day 1 ~ 6th @1200hrs - 6th @ 2359hrs [6th : 12 pm (noon) - 1159 pm]
    Day 2 ~ 7th @0000hrs - 7th @ 2359hrs [7th : 12 am (midnight) - 1159 pm]
    Day 3 ~ 8th @0000hrs - 8th @ 2359hrs [8th : 12 am (midnight) - 1159 pm]
    Day 4 ~ 9th @0000hrs - 9th @ 2359hrs [9th : 12 am (midnight) - 1159 pm]
    Day 13 ~ 18th @0000hrs - 18th @ 2359hrs [18th : 12 am (midnight) - 1159 pm]
    Day 14 ~ 19th @0000hrs - 19th @ 2200hrs [19th : 12 am (midnight) - 1000 pm]

To play it safe, I suggest logging in before midnight today (May 6th) to ensure your first login.

On the 3rd day (May 8th), log in on the toon you want your reward first after midnight. Don't assume it's 12 noon or you might end up with the reward in the wrong toon. If you don't get anything, then you'll know the reset timer is actually 12 noon and not 12 midnight.

Only after the 8th would you know for sure when the reset timer is.
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Okay so here is my question, When does it reset ? after dailies reset ? considering i have server time so it is at dailies reset ? i mean when do i have to log my character that i want to get the rewards in everyday?

Thats the only thing that confuses me and what happens if my alt is logged in the time it reset
    or once i started this toon there is no way that it will go to another toon in the same account.

Thank you
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eagleff wrote: »
    Okay so here is my question, When does it reset ?

It doesn't say so nobody can answer you unless its from PWE. But if you follow my advice above, you should be safe. You'll know for sure after the 8th.
  • rosesgrandma
    rosesgrandma Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if i was logged in already when the propotion started did that count as my first log in? or does it not count until i relog?
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if i was logged in already when the propotion started did that count as my first log in? or does it not count until i relog?

It doesn't count until you relog.

You need to at least relog every day to get all rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It doesn't say so nobody can answer you unless its from PWE. But if you follow my advice above, you should be safe. You'll know for sure after the 8th.

Thank you
    I was thinking the same ^_^
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So the people who require the instructions on pop-tarts can now stop asking about it at least. Honestly there were so many ways everything was obvious as is, but is fun to read those with toilet recliners try to make their viewpoint seem legitimate. So I will miss them contradicting themselves in ways they don't understand.

i think my group of friends already disliked you on sacntuary for being a smart*** 6-7 years ago.
    an old player like you should know how this company works and that you always have to expect the worst case. poorly written posts usually equal poorly working events.

and STILL there are lots of questions open - but i assume its so obvious, you wont enlight us, senpai?

(at which time does it reset per server...which char gets the reward..etc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Prepare for the worse but hope for the best is PWI's motto so no doubt it will b a ** up and we will get a code for all the stuff at the end anyways b:chuckle

Otherwise log in and out once per hour, every hour, do the hokey cokey and turn around, thats what its all about.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Prepare for the worse but hope for the best is PWI's motto so no doubt it will b a ** up and we will get a code for all the stuff at the end anyways b:chuckle

Otherwise log in and out once per hour, every hour, do the hokey cokey and turn around, thats what its all about.

I so agree with this.

My gut instinct tells me that whole 12pm start was an error in either typing or design, and I just realized that if it did start at 12pm - ie - just after 11.59am then I totally missed the first day. 12pm by that measure is 3am here in Australia, during which I was in bed. I then work up and went to work and got home at 5pm, being 2am game time on 07/05/2015, so I therefore missed the opportunity to sign in on the first day between 1200hrs and 0000hrs. So yeah, Im back to being pi55ed off about it. No third tier to me. Awesome.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    You know the word pissed isn't part of the swear filter, right?

And if it were, that a mod would just have to edit your post for filter circumvention (and would likely give you a warning if you kept doing it), right?

So why are you writing it as if you're trying to circumvent a filter?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You know the word pissed isn't part of the swear filter, right?

And if it were, that a mod would just have to edit your post for filter circumvention (and would likely give you a warning if you kept doing it), right?

So why are you writing it as if you're trying to circumvent a filter?

Force of habit sorry, I do it with my work email.....

EDIT - you know I don't feel that way anyway really. I think its more pure envy that others get a chance at those 3rd tier S pack and I probably wont.....
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    No prob. I get curious about it when it comes to stuff that isn't actually filtered when people treat it like filter circumvention anyways.

The time reset is really the only part that's not clear and that common sense/logic/educated guesses can't solve. It'd make sense if it were at midnight server time, but we've seen other things have a different reset time (Hypers, for example) and they've usually made these login promos have a different start time as well. If they're consistent about the reset time being at noon, then you'll know in about a day and 6 hours as long as you log in appropriately.

It'll be annoying though that this bit wasn't clearly specified. At least the other things (fact that it's 1 login each day for example) were more obvious things in all honesty.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I took a screen shot of this event page, along with prizes, just to be sure that if they don't mail me the prizes, or they send me the wrong prizes.

I want this new item called chest pack.

Just to be on the safe side, when ever i come back to the computer, i relog my accounts, just to be safe.

Just curious, how does the game account for server error upon login with the login rewards? That problem has not been fixed, nor does anyone seem to care about it.
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    Surely it would be easier just to take 3, 7, and 14 days log ins from the calender and give the prize according to that? Keeps it simple, doesnt really matter what time u logged in only matters that you logged in. Too simple?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Surely it would be easier just to take 3, 7, and 14 days log ins from the calender and give the prize according to that? Keeps it simple, doesnt really matter what time u logged in only matters that you logged in. Too simple?

Just by reading the event as it is written....the words "simple" and "logical" are not words that one can assume are used much.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I doubt PWE is allowed to make such changes in game(Changing rewards for each days check in reward) but thats not the biggest issue with the approach. They want to promote logging each day by making each tier way better than the one before. If those rewards were put here and there, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the rewards. One could simply log on the days the rewards matched their "worth it" motivation when now, if you want those dreamy A chests, you have to log every single day, you cant simply pick them by logging couple of days.

If on other hand you suggest the check in calender was the way to determine people logged on, it would have least 3 problems:
    1. Not everybody who logs always remembers to check in.
    2. Absence notes.
    3. It would require PWE to rework the attendance calender quite a bit and I doubt they are allowed to make such changes(contract with Wanmei). Working with China, who might be extremely uninterested to work with PWI event, to make required changes might be too much effort asked from understaffed workers of PWE.

While I hate events based on login on as PWE keeps messing them up if and when you want to promote activity(everything PWE does it does for a reason) login reward based event seems like the way to go. I have raised my own issues how badly the event seems to be coded(Requirement to log each day, staying online for 14 days for example will be counted as 1 login) as again the only reason for such inconveniences would be poor coding. If intention is to promote activity, ppl staying online for 14 days straight should be the dream for them and thus restriction isnt by intention.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • fulmynato
    fulmynato Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluespet wrote: »
    Has anybody else realised tier 3 is 14 days but the event Starts the 6th and ends the 19th....b:shocked

...and they sent the email today the 7th!!!
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    I doubt PWE is allowed to make such changes in game(Changing rewards for each days check in reward) but thats not the biggest issue with the approach. They want to promote logging each day by making each tier way better than the one before. If those rewards were put here and there, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the rewards. One could simply log on the days the rewards matched their "worth it" motivation when now, if you want those dreamy A chests, you have to log every single day, you cant simply pick them by logging couple of days.

If on other hand you suggest the check in calender was the way to determine people logged on, it would have least 3 problems:
    1. Not everybody who logs always remembers to check in.
    2. Absence notes.
    3. It would require PWE to rework the attendance calender quite a bit and I doubt they are allowed to make such changes(contract with Wanmei). Working with China, who might be extremely uninterested to work with PWI event, to make required changes might be too much effort asked from understaffed workers of PWE.

While I hate events based on login on as PWE keeps messing them up if and when you want to promote activity(everything PWE does it does for a reason) login reward based event seems like the way to go. I have raised my own issues how badly the event seems to be coded(Requirement to log each day, staying online for 14 days for example will be counted as 1 login) as again the only reason for such inconveniences would be poor coding. If intention is to promote activity, ppl staying online for 14 days straight should be the dream for them and thus restriction isnt by intention.
    i get what ur saying but the idea was u log in day 1, day 2 and day 3 of clicking the calender log in u get mail, after 7 days u get mail. So it is essentially log ins as u need to log in to click the calender. It was a way for them to track it and and give the rewards fairly. Doesn't matter what time, as long as u have 14 days logins on the trot u get the tier 3 reward
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The main problem here is that only the west coast has understandable times. All the others have to do on their own, especially Morai. It would have been much better if they timed the event with the servers' reset time at midnight, no matter where they are located. Less confusion this way, and less people getting pissed about the confusion, lack of info and the possibility of losing a day. Or getting the rewards on a wrong toon because you mistook a hour for another...

For a visual of keeping track of the logins, I can understand that PWI can't do a thing about it since it would require poking china for the modify, but maybe an ingame mail saying "you logged successfully" would do?

I dunno, just throwing suggestions here. PWI can send automated ingame mails. Right?
  • imparatulcezar
    imparatulcezar Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    why after 15 pages of topics and 2 days no1 from pwi answers
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    why after 15 pages of topics and 2 days no1 from pwi answers

Im sure enough OPKossy has covered most of the usual questions and PWE mistakes. Since we have no CM atm its kinda up to the players to support the players. Tho yes I agree we should have someone from PWE on this until they have some lets work this. Simple reason im saying this is because im sure the players can do a better topic and keep others up to date. Well PWI players showed up the ARC Forums after all!!
    By the looks of it and how it's setup, the items are sent to your mailbox as you qualify for them. So the third day you login, you get tier 1 stuff automatically. The seventh day would be tier 2, and the fourteenth day gets tier 3.

In short: Yes it stacks since it's sent out as you qualify.
    Either it's a typo or they can't count. Possibly both. b:laugh

On a serious note, it depends on what time on the 6th the login counts start and what time on the 19th they end. If you include both days, it's 14. If they start/stop too late/too early then it becomes impossible.

Would be awesome if it worked that way, but it's based on days you log in. b:surrender
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope its not ARC cause I dont use it. Makes life much easier without it.

Any answer to this question? seen none so far in this thread b:surrender
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here is an update from their post (hopefully they see the need to post the correct and less vague information)

*Note: Just choose your character from the Character Selection Window. This will count towards your daily login entry.

It doesn’t count if you stayed logged in the game continuously for 14 days.
    You need to exit the game and relog again, for the next day.
    In order for a specific character to qualify for a tier, you must log into it at least once each day.
    To qualify for Tier 1 and Tier 2, you do not need to log in once a day for 3/7 consecutive days. This means you can take a few days off in between.
    The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00AM (midnight) – 12:00AM (midnight next day), except for the first and last days.

Also they changed it to an S pack, not S Chest anymore.
    And
    *** Please wait up to 2-3 hours after your character has qualified for a tier in order to receive the mails containing your rewards. ***
    Looks like the changed that from 30 mins to 2-3 Hours. Looks like they are anticipating a massive **** up?
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    basically the first 5 hours of the event counted as day 1...day 3 started 40 minutes ago and some people already got the tier 3 reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    basically the first 5 hours of the event counted as day 1...day 3 started 40 minutes ago and some people already got the tier 3 reward.

I think that depends a little bit on what server you are too.
    I will log in Archosaur the server I am in in 1 hour or 2 and see what happens.
    By my calculation its been only 2 days till now.

Did you receive any reward?
    Can you know for sure if people saying so have received any reward or they just like to troll in wc?
    Cause saying they got tier 3 rewards( the rewards for 14 days) in not even 3 days sounds like a big troll to me.
    giphy.gif

• SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well....

Here I re log my account around 8PM Atlantic time ( server +4 Hours time )

It's the 7 may, event started yesterday .... = 2 day in my math...

I got 1st tier reward already ... for 2 re log ... ???

ok !

makes no sense to me, but after 7 years of **** up I'm use to it ...
  • HydrophiIic - Archosaur
    HydrophiIic - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Did you receive any reward?
    Can you know for sure if people saying so have received any reward or they just like to troll in wc?
    Cause saying they got tier 3 rewards( the rewards for 14 days) in not even 3 days sounds like a big troll to me.

They're probably trolling about the tier 3 rewards. The only reward I've received is on two alts I've logged in the last hour to do culti on and it was only tier 1 rewards. And of course even when trying to make sure i logged the toons i wanted the reward on first it still gets sent to the alts i dont want it on. *sigh* b:laugh
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well....

Here I re log my account around 8PM Atlantic time ( server +4 Hours time )

It's the 7 may, event started yesterday .... = 2 day in my math...

I got 1st tier reward already ... for 2 re log ... ???

ok !

makes no sense to me, but after 7 years of **** up I'm use to it ...

It is because you signed in on three different day.

Between May 6 at Noon and May 6 at 5 PM PDT (Midnight UTC)
    Between May 6 at 5 PM and May 7 at 5 PM PDT (Midnight UTC)
    Between May 7 at 5 PM and May 8 at 5 PM PDT (Midnight UTC)

Thus you have signed in during 3 different days in the promo and received the Tier 1 prize.

Bummer is, if people did not sign in between Noon and 5 PM on May 6 (only a 5 hour window) they cannot get the 14 day prize. (Looks like I am one of those people :(.)

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    soooooooooooooooooo i got my 1st tier reward on the 2nd day just couple mins ago, thing is i got it on my buffer toon...tysm
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin