Forum Migration - May 4th(Delayed - Update Inside) [Updated 6/12/2015]

Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hello strumslinger.
    you are now titled as community manager in this forum, may i ask nicely what happened to our CM Sparkiesoft? his last post was 2 months ago, creating a maintenance thread and he has not been seen since then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hello strumslinger.
    you are now titled as community manager in this forum, may i ask nicely what happened to our CM Sparkiesoft? his last post was 2 months ago, creating a maintenance thread and he has not been seen since then.

Well, considering the recent wave of boots to ***** at PWE, we all would know the answer to that.
    If only they would do a round of boots to ***** in the upper management of PWE, that would probably work much better.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    hello strumslinger.

I doubt they'll ever tell us directly just like they never told us directly when spoons was fired. The above post is pretty likely though.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hello strumslinger.

An introduction as the CM would be proper, polite and considerate.

Not a good start, imo. b:bye
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Related to topic but unrelated to the messages above...
    @ggalacticparadox, SylenThunder, and anyone else using HTTrack - I spent literal days trying to get HTTrack to get the PW Forums in full, because I noticed a lot of broken links. The number of settings you have to set and the number of things you have to disable is long; and basically, if either of you had the maximum link limit set at default, then you should have only been able to download a handful of files before 100,000 links are found and the program panics, then quits early. Altogether the forums are much larger than that. Also, without blocking the hybrid and threaded views, it would cause you to have to download the forum for 3-times its size. Same with print view, which changes that to 4-times its size. I have solved this and will share the results after I am done downloading the forum again. Just note that default settings are not even close to enough for grabbing the whole forum. There is so much that was missed before that it's not even funny.

@PWE/Arc: I have to imagine I'm causing some sort of bandwidth/server load issues. I apologize for that. I'll not be doing it after I'm done with this latest attempt since it appears to be working the way I've been wanting since the beginning. According to my records I've only used about 30GB of bandwidth, so no big deal I hope.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hello strumslinger.

Strum is the Arc Community Manager, meaning he is the main guy in charge of all games on the Arc platform. There are still some CMs of specific forums, but he is the one in charge of everything right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Strum is the Arc Community Manager, meaning he is the main guy in charge of all games on the Arc platform. There are still some CMs of specific forums, but he is the one in charge of everything right now.

Then Strum needs to get on here and address the massive **** up (yet again) on the log in event.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »
    Then Strum needs to get on here and address the massive **** up (yet again) on the log in event.

I doubt he reads the forum. He haven't even presented himself propperly for the comunity yet
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I doubt he reads the forum. He haven't even presented himself propperly for the comunity yet

That's because he isn't our CM. He is the CM on Neverwinter and he's CM for ARC, he's been responding here and even hosted a livestream because there's no one else.
    We're still not important enough to get a CM yet, it seems. STO lost their CM at the same time we lost ours, and they got 2 a while ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Then he should remove the misleading title from his avatar if hi's not our cm since it says

strumslinger
    Community Manager
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Then he should remove the misleading title from his avatar if hi's not our cm since it says

strumslinger
    Community Manager

He's a community manager. Not our community manager. It's not a misleading title since it's exactly what he is. But people have to accept that being a CM for A PWE game (or for Arc, as is the case with him) doesn't make someone CM for all PWE games.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    But people have to accept that being a CM for A PWE game (or for Arc, as is the case with him) doesn't make someone CM for all PWE games.

That would require people to be understanding.

But we have our own CM now.

I'm the communications manager for Perfect World, which essentially means that I oversee anything that is communicated by us. You'll see me pop into quite a few threads for all of our games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    That would require people to be understanding.

But we have our own CM now.

I'd say inb4 people think that means he's community manager but...
    ok seeing that we have a temp cm why is arc not able to load for windows xp
    OPKossy wrote: »
    He told us what he was on the last page. "Temp CM" wasn't even close to that. b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think they fixed the security issues with the forums (outside of the post moving behavior which I haven't played with). Now to see if the wysiwyg editor remains intact (doubt it).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    I caused the forums to throw up information the other night. There are still bugs. I have not disclosed this one yet, though. It may have been already reported to Vanilla for all I know.

Either way, the forums, without a doubt, have security issues spanning far outside simple user posts.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so, no ones figured out how to turn someones forum avatar upside down yet?.....lolb:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Will we get the ranking system Back? Ever since this feature stopped being upheld, the PVP on my server has gone down drastically. You'd be surprised how many people play for the KDR Ratio, and Territory War records.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Will we get the ranking system Back? Ever since this feature stopped being upheld, the PVP on my server has gone down drastically. You'd be surprised how many people play for the KDR Ratio, and Territory War records.

Ranking has nothing to do with the forum. This forum consolidation is a statement that they are no longer interested in proving individualized service to the game so don't expect rankings to ever be functional.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2015
    I guess this has been completely canceled since it's unstickied. Killing off PWE initiatives is always fun.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    I guess this has been completely canceled since it's unstickied. Killing off PWE initiatives is always fun.

No it's just been delayed for a long time. Still gonna happen but can just stick it again at that point. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • icycoffeebreaks
    icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I bet it's not gonna happen...just like how the new DQ system was delayed, then was completely scraped, and core connect. There hasn't been any official wording about it for over a month, so it is more than likely that they say, "forget it."
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No it's just been delayed for a long time. Still gonna happen but can just stick it again at that point. :P

This is amusing and please me lol
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    forum sigs still don't work over there, or at least I can't seem to get one to work. maybe theres a different way to post them that I am not aware of

*[SIGPIC][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5933406oBcxd.png[/img[/SIGPIC]* minus the >*'s gets sig to post here but doesn't work over there. So, i'm guessing that there must be a different way to get a sig to post. So.....?[/img]
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
    edited June 2015
    Just a heads-up for everyone here, they've apparently announced their new migration date: June 15th.

Get ready, it's gonna be a bumpy ride... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Just a heads-up for everyone here, they've apparently announced their new migration date: June 15th.

Get ready, it's gonna be a bumpy ride... b:surrender
    ...So a long time is actually genuinely soon, and soon is 3 years from now. b:chuckle Anyway restuck.

edited June 2015
    ...So a long time is actually genuinely soon, and soon is 3 years from now. b:chuckle Anyway restuck.

Also, it appears they aren't doing them all at once (probably due to the fact that they're migrating all threads as well). So far, I know the BLR forums are down - not sure if that's the only one to start, or if they're going to migrate two at a time. When it does start for each specific forum, they will redirect the forums to an announcement page (the one I linked above).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Also, it appears they aren't doing them all at once (probably due to the fact that they're migrating all threads as well). So far, I know the BLR forums are down - not sure if that's the only one to start, or if they're going to migrate two at a time. When it does start for each specific forum, they will redirect the forums to an announcement page (the one I linked above).

Well I for one, welcome our new vanilla overlords. b:avoid

• NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2015
    Well I for one, welcome our new vanilla overlords. b:avoid

You say that now, but...well, the post-move exploit still works. Various other DOM editing related exploits still work (they attempted to hide them with CSS. That did not work). There is also an exploit that allows me to obtain information that I kinda assume I'm not supposed to be able to reveal, but Vanilla's system is lazy when retrieving data and relies on Javascript too much.

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Since there is almost nothing to read in this forum except comments of R9RRRRR 105/105/105 powerlevers and bots, then I don't worry about "new" forum.

As I said already I will use this forum only anyway (until end of it).
    edited June 2015
    Since there is almost nothing to read in this forum except comments of R9RRRRR 105/105/105 powerlevers and bots, then I don't worry about "new" forum.

As I said already I will use this forum only anyway (until end of it).

Well, that means we won't be seeing you soon, so I'll say goodbye now.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]