PWI log in event for May

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No need to fixed this promo (if people just read the news):

The promotion is simple: just login in to PWI during the given timeframe and we'll reward you with free in-game items!

1. You log in. There's no need to wait 30 minutes the first 2 days. On the 3th day - or 3th log in day - you only have to wait until you recieve an ingame mail.
    It is important to remember to log into your account with the character you intend to claim the rewards with.

2. You log in for the 3th time on the character that will claim the rewards. So after 3 days, 7 days and 14 days you need to log in on the character that will recieve rewards. This character can be different on the 7th and 14th day.
    Limited 1 per account - this means you can NOT claim the items on multiple characters, even between servers.

3. No need to test if you can recieve rewards on multiple toons in 1 account. Only one of your characters on a single account recieves it.

As what Kitty said earlier (using red text now): Kitty can't test it since it's the first day of the promo. Kitty can log in on multiple characters today, tomorrow, every day... but Kitty need to wait until the 3th login day started. Then Kitty need to be online with the first Kitty that want to redeem the promo rewards.

So guys, stop complaining and start playing on your favourite PWI server

b:laugh
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sjampie wrote: »

1. You log in. There's no need to wait 30 minutes the first 2 days. On the 3th day - or 3th log in day - you only have to wait until you recieve an ingame mail.

2. You log in for the 3th time on the character that will claim the rewards. So after 3 days, 7 days and 14 days you need to log in on the character that will recieve rewards. This character can be different on the 7th and 14th day.

3. No need to test if you can recieve rewards on multiple toons in 1 account. Only one of your characters on a single account recieves it.

As what Kitty said earlier (using red text now): Kitty can't test it since it's the first day of the promo. Kitty can log in on multiple characters today, tomorrow, every day... but Kitty need to wait until the 3th login day started. Then Kitty need to be online with the first Kitty that want to redeem the promo rewards.

all i read is assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sjampie wrote: »

A lot of the problems is that PWI never said in their post that its log in 1 time a day. They just said log in between Date X and date Y. So by going by what they said, you "should" be able to log in 14 times in 1 day and get tier 1-3 rewards. They never specified that it is 1 time per day.

btw its 3rd, not 3th
  • HydrophiIic - Archosaur
    HydrophiIic - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »
    A lot of the problems is that PWI never said in their post that its log in 1 time a day. They just said log in between Date X and date Y. So by going by what they said, you "should" be able to log in 14 times in 1 day and get tier 1-3 rewards. They never specified that it is 1 time per day.

btw its 3rd, not 3th

this ..also, even in the explanations of the tiers of rewards it states:

"Tier 1 - Login at least three times during the login promotion to receive"
    "Tier 2 - Login at least seven times during the login promotion to receive"
    "Tier 3 - Login at least 14 times during the login promotion to receive"

so it says login at least three times, seven times, etc ....it doesnt say "login 3 days in a row" b:surrender
  • toraah
    toraah Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S CHEST Or RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    toraah wrote: »
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S CHEST Or RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Should I tell you what is PWE opinion about your RIOT?
    b:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    edited May 2015
    this ..also, even in the explanations of the tiers of rewards it states:

"Tier 1 - Login at least three times during the login promotion to receive"
    "Tier 2 - Login at least seven times during the login promotion to receive"
    "Tier 3 - Login at least 14 times during the login promotion to receive"

so it says login at least three times, seven times, etc ....it doesnt say "login 3 days in a row" b:surrender

IT would be to easy if its just 14 times and not 14 days.
    you can log in 14 times in less than 10 minutes.
    giphy.gif

• toraah
    toraah Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Should I tell you what is PWE opinion about your RIOT?
    b:chuckle

Do tell
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S CHEST & A CHESTS Or RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015
    toraah wrote: »
    Do tell

WE DONT GIVE A DAMN **** ABOUT YOUR RIOT.
    That would be their answer if they will ever give you one.
    giphy.gif

• dragonbatty
    dragonbatty Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well... considering the fact, I have actually logged in enough times now to day to have received all 3 tiers, and have been sitting for 3 hours now since last log in and yet to receive the first tier.... it's safe to assume that you have to log in once every day during the allotted times given in order to receive the items.
    edited May 2015
    Well... considering the fact, I have actually logged in enough times now to day to have received all 3 tiers, and have been sitting for 3 hours now since last log in and yet to receive the first tier.... it's safe to assume that you have to log in once every day during the allotted times given in order to receive the items.

Really? You saying they didnt in fact do a login event where you could of gotten all the rewards in couple of minutes?
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Nuema Portal Or Riotヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragonbatty
    edited May 2015
    Really? You saying they didnt in fact do a login event where you could of gotten all the rewards in couple of minutes?

LOL! This was basically to answer all those question about whether or not someone could log in the 14 times in one day or not. :P
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    would be great if a gm could confirm those:

Day 1 ~ 6th @1200hrs - 7th @ 1159hrs
    Day 2 ~ 7th @1200hrs - 8th @ 1159hrs
    Day 3 ~ 8th @1200hrs - 9th @ 1159hrs
    Day 4 ~ 9th @1200hrs - 10th @ 1159hrs
    Day 5 ~ 10th @1200hrs - 11th @ 1159hrs
    Day 6 ~ 11th @1200hrs - 12th @ 1159hrs
    Day 7 ~ 12th @1200hrs - 13th @ 1159hrs
    Day 8 ~ 13th @1200hrs - 14th @ 1159hrs
    Day 9 ~ 14th @1200hrs - 15th @ 1159hrs
    Day 10 ~ 15th @1200hrs - 16th @ 1159hrs
    Day 11 ~ 16th @1200hrs - 17th @ 1159hrs
    Day 12 ~ 17th @1200hrs - 18th @ 1159hrs
    Day 13 ~ 18th @1200hrs - 19th @ 1159hrs
    Day 14 ~ 19th @1200hrs - 19th @ 1959hrs

I used 24-hour time to simplify am/pm.

why do they keep insisting on log-in rewards, even though they NEVER worked properly before and always ended with arc-codes. And to make matters worse they give news with a lot of wiggle room.

instead of giving us the event description, duration, rewards + details like:

Server..............................log in Timeframe *arbitrary examples - they do NOT depict the actual timeframes!*

Morai EU (PvE)..................06:00-05:59

Lost City (PvP)...................00:00-23:59
    Heavens Tear (PvE).............00:00-23:59
    Archosaur (PvE).................00:00-23:59
    Sanctuary (PvE).................00:00-23:59

Dreamweaver (PvE)............12:00-11:59
    Harshlands (PvP)...............12:00-11:59
    Raging Tide (PvE)..............12:00-11:59

and to confirm that your login has been counted, you will receive a confirmation mail in game.

-OR-better

as confirmation you will receive an event-token. those can be exchanged at <date> at <npc location>.
    those tokens are accountstashable just in case you logged the "wrong" toon.

-OR-better

during the login event you will receive an event-quest-popup that can be aborted if you wish to complete it on another toon / server.

-OR- even MUCH better:
    no need for times or anything:
    during <date> the usual check-in event on your event-calendar will grant bonus rewards!

-OR-
    anything that is specific and leaves room for error!

but no. as always we get an event with some timezone description, with no way of knowing if we logged in during the right time, or if the time we spent in game was long enough to count, or if the event even works. i guess that would explain those vicious rumors that allege that pwi might just be an IT version of a sheltered workshop. why for the love of <insert deity of the week> do the rewards have to be bound, make them untradeable but at least stashable! ffs why did we all buy account stash stones when lately everything we win, farm, or buy can't be stashed! jesus!

so the bottom line is:
    to be sure to get the reward (if this event will work in the first place, that's a huge if!) one cannot log any other toon on their account to complete the "Sign in" for the daily + eventually yearly award? that is a cheap waste of 98 absence notes.

b:sad
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    About the log in rewards

If your account has been logged in 24/7 does the account have to be logged off all the way, then log back on, or can you just log off to character screen, then log the character back on to count as a log on.

Just wondering b:chuckle
  • dragonbatty
    edited May 2015
    ellavo wrote: »
    About the log in rewards

If your account has been logged in 24/7 does the account have to be logged off all the way, then log back on, or can you just log off to character screen, then log the character back on to count as a log on.

Just wondering b:chuckle

Dunno. I've been logged into ARC for days. I've logged to the character screen on my main, switched through all my toons and back to my main, have exited the servers and relogged... but, not logged out of ARC completely. You can always do that and see though.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The way i read the promo is that for each log in on the one toon anyone wants it on will be accounted for it. dont know if the log ins would count on dcs and having to relog or if its done day by day or for each log in someone does. Like someone logs in in the morning, logs off and back again later on. either way pw hasnt stipulated how its done so all we're doing is guess work.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »

btw its 3rd, not 3th

True, I mean how could they expect people to realize a log in event that maxes at 14 times, during a span of 14 days, would mean once a day. I mean, we'd have to realize 14/14 = 1 and stuff. And that's, like, some really hard math. That's more than we can count on our hands, and if the person is wearing shoes; well, they're just screwed.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As previously stated, literally any other system than the one implemented would have been better.

As it is I have to assume with zero confirmation that I currently have one log in recorded. I also need to ONLY log in with that toon for the duration of the event because I am not new to PWI.

I know that if at any time I log in with any other character that it will surely **** me over any way its able.

Though I also know with near certainty that they will end up just having a damn code in the end for everyone to use any way they want.

No JJ allowance for a while b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • avs33fan
    edited May 2015
    True, I mean how could they expect people to realize a log in event that maxes at 14 times, during a span of 14 days, would mean once a day. I mean, we'd have to realize 14/14 = 1 and stuff. And that's, like, some really hard math. That's more than we can count on our hands, and if the person is wearing shoes; well, they're just screwed.

Look how well the last Log In event went.
    Look at how often PWE leaves out info and provides the wrong info in their posts.
    It is easier to believe they **** up, then get something correct, because, for the most part, they **** up all the time.
    I figured it was log in 1 time a day, but in their post. It is sad when you have to decipher their posts, find out what is wrong or doesnt make sense. It still clearly says you will receive a War Avatar chest pack S for Tier 1. So will get get a War Avatar S Chest? Or War Avatar S Pack?

So you can take all your sarcastic stuff and cram it in whatever hole you see fit. It was obviously something people wanted to know about, and that was brought up to PWE staff, but they still have yet to fix the post. There are still question left unanswered. They are way to vague in their posts.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys... guys... guys....

Y U NO READ? b:cry
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's like check-in that you don't have to hit a button for and is universal for your account.

So as long as you log in with a character on that account (doesn't matter which character or server) once per day after the start time, it's counted. On the third day you log in, the first character you log into with that account is the one that will get the items. Same with the seventh and fourteenth days.

So you can login to your Jolly alt first on days 1 and 2, for example, but on day 3 you'd log your main first to let it get the rewards on it. To be safe, yes I'd advise making sure to relog your main first each day. PWE does tend to **** these up after all (and we usually get codes as a result but who knows if they'll do the same)
    This is how it works as long as PWE didn't **** anything up. Now if they screwed up something, that's independent of how the event works and on their heads.

And I still facepalmed at why folks are thinking you could get everything within 10 minutes when it's 14 logins over a 14 day period for a reason. *sigh*

As for the S Pack vs Chest debate, it's a pack guys. Seriously.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This is how it works as long as PWE didn't **** anything up. Now if they screwed up something, that's independent of how the event works and on their heads.

And I still facepalmed at why folks are thinking you could get everything within 10 minutes when it's 14 logins over a 14 day period for a reason. *sigh*

And they just edited the ARC-Post:

!!Note: 1 time login means 1 daily login entry. Log into game 14 time in one day counts as 1 daily login. Stay in game over 14 days counts as 1 daily login.

Cheers.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Well...the thread got people talking more then usual so I am satisfied.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015

!!Note: 1 time login means 1 daily login entry. Log into game 14 time in one day counts as 1 daily login. Stay in game over 14 days counts as 1 daily login.

Cheers.

Do I have to stay in the game 14 days without login out?b:question
    Do I really have to log in 14 times in one day or else i wont receive the rewards or is enough to just log in 1 time per day?
    giphy.gif

edited May 2015
    Way to inconvenience your customers PWE. Seriously, whose idea was it to force people log each day and not allow people to just stay online w/o relogging? Guess I`ll be relogging couple of times a day just to make sure I get my ****, least they informed players bout this **** so theres that.
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As previously stated, literally any other system than the one implemented would have been better.

As it is I have to assume with zero confirmation that I currently have one log in recorded. I also need to ONLY log in with that toon for the duration of the event because I am not new to PWI.

I know that if at any time I log in with any other character that it will surely **** me over any way its able.

Though I also know with near certainty that they will end up just having a damn code in the end for everyone to use any way they want.

No JJ allowance for a while b:surrender

this.

this is exactily what im afraid of happening. i only run 2 toons. but any of these rewards on the wrong toon, with exception of the event gold, will render them completely useless.

so out of fear of pwe **** up the event im restricted to my archer and am going to be missing out on a lot of fsp/bh100 rewards (not that THAT is going to be any big loss. in 32 months ive only gotten cards 6 times and can count on both hands the amount of times ive gotten sockets or mirages. never bought a single chip yet ive made 3 gst with them) and other vairous coin making events.

not to mention im going to have to log out and back in at least once per day for 14 days to make sure it counts as a log in. i tend to just leave my accounts running but from the way it is worded if im logged in for 14 straight days without logging out and back in it's only going to count as one(im aware there will be a forced log durring maint. im just using an example.) i beleive this is the first time ive ever felt malice twards pwe for trying to give me free stuff.

who the hell thought this was a good idea?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Cheers.

So the people who require the instructions on pop-tarts can now stop asking about it at least. Honestly there were so many ways everything was obvious as is, but is fun to read those with toilet recliners try to make their viewpoint seem legitimate. So I will miss them contradicting themselves in ways they don't understand.
  • avs33fan
    edited May 2015

Why edit the login issue and not edit the pack vs chest issue? They say chest on tier 1, but pack on tier 3.

I know I am being a pain in the ***, but PWE has to learn to advertise properly. They wonder why they get so many tickets......this is why. 2 days from now, they will get flooded with tickets on players didnt get their Avatar S Chest.

People who arent new, know how PWE works. They have low expectations of PWE. We set the bar really low for the, 9/10 times, they still fall under it. That 1 time they go over it, they are the greatest thing since Betty White to the player base.

New players, well, they expect to get what PWE says they will give them, because they dont know any different.
    If they are truly trying to get new people to the game, then this is a serious issue that they have to deal with.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Leeetttsssss just go through a scenario here (humor me ok). Just to be sure I've gotten this straight.

Step 1: Start ARC client.

Step 2: Start PWI game client.

Step 3: Log into PWI.

Step 4: Log onto character you would like to have the rewards on (just to be safe).

Step 5: Wait until safety lock is disabled (just to be safe).

Step 6: Log out of the PWI game client completely (just to be safe).

Step 7: Restart step 2.

Now for what I read on the ARC page and I quote this:
    The promotion is simple: just login in to PWI during the given timeframe and we'll reward you with free in-game items!

I'm going to assume they mean logging into the PWI game client 14 times a day and not the ARC client 14 times a day. That would be sheer stupidity on their end if that is how it's set up. I just hope it's not. Call me paranoid if anyone wants I don't care.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.