R9RR molds

slapyourgrandma
slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Good morning/afternoon/evening (Please choose one):

Quick question regarding R9RR molds. I work two jobs so I don't have a lot of time to do badge runs and farm molds. Unfortunately I haven't found someone that can walk me thru doing mobless without ruining it for someone (would never lie and say i've done one before and get the squad all killed). Is it a normal practice to offer coinage for molds if they drop? And if so, whats the going rate? THanks in advance...
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
Post edited by slapyourgrandma on

Comments

• koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Quick question regarding R9RR molds. I work two jobs so I don't have a lot of time to do badge runs and farm molds. Unfortunately I haven't found someone that can walk me thru doing mobless without ruining it for someone (would never lie and say i've done one before and get the squad all killed). Is it a normal practice to offer coinage for molds if they drop? And if so, whats the going rate? THanks in advance...

Hi Slap,

In terms of your question about offering coins for molds, it really depends on the squad. In a random squad (non-friend/non-faction), we tend to just take what we need and drop the total coin value if you were to NPC the item. For example, 100k coin mold, drop 100k on the ground and its split between everyone where you pick it back up. If it's a faction squad or all friends, we usually just take what we need and move on without dropping coin. Note, you need a good squad for mobless. Bm, veno, sins or some OP r9rr casters.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Very often people will world chat when a mold drops to try and sell it instead of just having someone in the squad bank the mold. As for the cost, it really differs by server/squad, so it's hard to say what you would have to pay specifically. Your best bet will be either saying in world chat that your buying and hopefully when people run Warsong and they mold drops they pm you, or when you see it in world chat that someone is selling you pm them.

As far as mobless runs go, you don't always need such an op squad. I know sins who solo mobless runs pretty fast and easily
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Buying molds is fairly common practice on Archo server. Some people who run a lot of FW will even keep notes of who's looking for what mold and will friend you for quick and easy communication, so it's really a good idea to world chat what molds you want, and it helps to talk to people who you know run it a lot so they'll keep you in mind. I don't know about other servers, but on archo, weapon molds usually go for 6 mil, but it depends on squad and weapon. Daggers are usually more. I don't know about armor molds.

As a side note, if you already know you can solo a pav, I'd recommend trying to join a random mobless run. Just be honest about your lack of experience. You'd be surprised how many people are nice and willing to teach.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The weapon molds are usually advertised in WC for 6m.

the armor molds are not advertised, but surely peiple will sell them to you if you offer enough to make it worthwhile for them to wait for you comming to pick it up. For some squads 3m will be fine. 6m will help make them look for your molds a little better probably.

you can just message everyone you see making a public squad what molds you need and tell the you pay 3m or 6m per armor piece (depending on how well you want the to remember to look for your molds)

I assume you know how that the molds are bound and thus you need to come pick them up before the drop dissapears. It is important you always have a teleport scroll at hand and be able to drop what you are doing, zap back go archo and stone into FW right away.

Since that of course still requires you to be online anyways you might as well play yourself too, it really isnt that hard. The downside is that during the 15mins defence, you cannot leave to go get armor parts that other squads are willing to sell you.

First get your basic (nonrecasted) R9 if you dont have any decent gear now (G16). Ask someone to teach you defend some FW pav. Depends on your class which pav. Earth if you are mellee, fire if you are ranged. With G16 or R9.1, anyone should be able to defend 1 of those 2 reliably after a mere 2 practice runs. You dont want to sollicit for a squad without being able to defend any pav at all. Even if all you can do is earth, thats much better than being useless.

Now you can just join public squads. If you dont know how it all goes, just tell them you are new. Most people dont really care much as long as you can defend a pav. (tell them you practiced that)
    It shouldnt matter all that much if its mobless or not. Mobless takes 40 minutes, non mobless usually takes 60 minutes or so if there are 1 or 2 decent players in squad who can carry the team.

If you pay enough im sure you can find people to help you farm those armor molds too. Your first job would be to find a BM skilled demon BM with 5APS on a +12 weapon who wants to prostitute himself. If you got that, you only need to add a 4APS R9+12 sin. and they can duo mobless for you. +10s are probably sufficient too, but its nice if its easy and failsafe. Theres many such sins, much less BMs, so you need to find the BM first and let him be the main factor in negotiating agreements and planning stuff.To be sure it would help if you bring a barb, veno or cleric yourself (can be naked) for extra debuf., also make sure there is both EP and mire genie skills available, they mihgt not have both.
    Probably something in the range of 10-20m per hour each will get those guys working for you.
    If you then can open the instances ahead of time and let the deffence time out for the next instance while you are clearing one, you can do 3-4 of them per hour.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • slapyourgrandma
    edited May 2015
    First get your basic (nonrecasted) R9 if you dont have any decent gear now (G16). Ask someone to teach you defend some FW pav. Depends on your class which pav. Earth if you are mellee, fire if you are ranged. With G16 or R9.1, anyone should be able to defend 1 of those 2 reliably after a mere 2 practice runs. You dont want to sollicit for a squad without being able to defend any pav at all. Even if all you can do is earth, thats much better than being useless.

Now you can just join public squads. If you dont know how it all goes, just tell them you are new. Most people dont really care much as long as you can defend a pav. (tell them you practiced that)
    It shouldnt matter all that much if its mobless or not. Mobless takes 40 minutes, non mobless usually takes 60 minutes or so if there are 1 or 2 decent players in squad who can carry the team.

I currently have full R9R (no refines or stones because i don't want to pay chienkuns cost). I have the recast molds for plate/pendant/boots. Got 43 badges. So basically I'm hoping to get the rest of the armour molds and weapon and then do as many FWS/lunar as possible. I've done FWS but not solo pavs yet...my plans are to practice earth pav this week.

Thanks for all of the info it was very helpful!
    Raging Tides:

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I currently have full R9R (no refines or stones because i don't want to pay chienkuns cost). I have the recast molds for plate/pendant/boots. Got 43 badges. So basically I'm hoping to get the rest of the armour molds and weapon and then do as many FWS/lunar as possible. I've done FWS but not solo pavs yet...my plans are to practice earth pav this week.

Out of curiosity, what is your class? For most classes there are good video guides how people defend certain pavilions. Those might be helpful for you to start figuring out a way to do it :).

@WannaBM: I am not sure when you last played but least Archo evolved quite a bit. The rebirths and cards have drastically changed the playing field - Weird sounding setups work just fine for mobless because stats have simply increased drastically.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • slapyourgrandma
    edited May 2015
    Out of curiosity, what is your class? For most classes there are good video guides how people defend certain pavilions. Those might be helpful for you to start figuring out a way to do it :).

@WannaBM: I am not sure when you last played but least Archo evolved quite a bit. The rebirths and cards have drastically changed the playing field - Weird sounding setups work just fine for mobless because stats have simply increased drastically.

Currently 101/101/100 sage vit barb. Most of my cards are A and I'm at Mirage X with absolute virtue 7.

Yes I've been watching a lot of the pavs vids on links fro this forum as well on yutube. Looking forward to trying them out! I also need to save up some prims for sage sunder
    Raging Tides:

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What server are you on BTW?

If you're in RT and your problem is mostly not knowing how to FWS me and my faction could help you out with it.

About the molds, like people said, if you are doing the run you just drop the mold NPC value (50k belts, 100k all armors, 300k weapons). If you're not in the squad and want the molds then you will have to pay more (usually 3M armors, 6M weapons like people said).

Mr. Justice
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Havent played in 6 months. :) I figured it should be easier now. Didnt figure anyone would solo mobless though as mentioned in this thread, but i assume solo means dual client there. Dont really imagine it happening without HF unless its luck based where the sin simply hopes his evade skill will keep him alive long enough. (using that till deaden triggered, then IG)

OP: For your character water is probably going to be easier.
    Being sage vit with an unrefined weapon, you might be short on damage to prevent the earth mobs from accumulating. (not saying that means you cant do earth. Surely it is still easilly possible as the accumulating mobs wont kill you, just more stressfull probably and you might miss an explosion and that will kill you when theres multiple mobs on you)

The water mobs however are supposed to accumulate and you will be able to the damage they do. They key will be to keep them aggroed and preventing any of them to run away from you towards the NPC you are protecting. The problem is when there are many that your attacks arent hitting them all and some might be unhit for too long. Tangling mire, roar, alpha male are the solutions to this. If you fail to keep them with you and you go to the NPC to get them back you probably get into serious trouble. Must prevent anything from getting close to the NPC.
    Use your armageddon every now and then when its off cooldown to clear them out. If it properly 1-shots them, you shouldnt have a problem with exploding mobs either.
    Other than that, its just a matter to keep moving but staying in their path so they cant sneak past you. attack-move-pick your nose, attack-move-pick your nose, armageddon, attack-move-pick nose.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ProudAngel - Archosaur
    ProudAngel - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I've seen lesser geared people solo pavs. I soloed my first pavs with a mix of r8 and tt99, so I doubt you'll have trouble (but I don't really wanna speak for barbs :o). As Wanna suggested, you may want to give water a try instead of earth.

I kinda think you won't have trouble with either one though. Give it a try in the next BH snake that pops up. That's how I got in my practice for all my pavs :3
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Havent played in 6 months. :) I figured it should be easier now. Didnt figure anyone would solo mobless though as mentioned in this thread, but i assume solo means dual client there. Dont really imagine it happening without HF unless its luck based where the sin simply hopes his evade skill will keep him alive long enough. (using that till deaden triggered, then IG)

I know a few sins who port to boss, spark, pop a pan gu essence, and kill the boss no problem.

Make for fast badge runs when I go with them. Made getting my badges for r9 stuff a lot faster
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • slapyourgrandma
    edited May 2015
    Yes, I'm on RT.

So last night was interesting. Immediately jumped into a lunar run which lasted all of 15 minutes...wow you sins can pack a punch.

Just as I'm finishing it turned midnight and BHs reset The tele came across as "Hey lets do BH Snake!" but turns out Snake wasnt the BH but everyone decided "Hey we're here mine as well run all of the bosses for a badge run". I have to say I had a great squad we plowed through it pretty quickly, and I was fortunate enough to get my 4th mold and a total of 8 badges for the login! Was very excited! I'd do a shout out to all of the cool peeps that I partied with but I fear I'd leave out names so I'll just say thanks to all!
    Raging Tides: