That #2 spot

2»

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    toughguy24 wrote: »
    Wow 30 minutes. Big difference from last tw of 3 hours. Wonder how many will exit Dyna now?b:chuckleb:chuckle maybe it's time for Wacky join Eq and have some big boy fights with tempest.

>big boy fights

Remember when dyna used to facestomp tempest.
    Just the other way around now.

3/10 got me to reply.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its great that you brought the point of Equinox because that allows me to ellaborate more on how an unfavorable officer group can hold a factions development down or break it apart in no time

Equinox while led by JaY never beat Calamity. Lost a great deal of potentially great players to calamity and nearly dissapeared. While led by Wolfgang EQ became a strong bonded community with cores and values that made their members stick through several months of TW losses. They weren't winning but they were a group of people that came and stayed together.

Then came Illyana, Dragoonz, Aubree, Ajay, Bodine. All great TW minds that were homegrown within this community formed by Wolfgang, the transition was seamless from a community to a TW powerhouse that finally stood up to Calamity. When Ajay and Illyana quit the game, EQ success faded away.

On the other side Calamity formed by Seraphim was a powerhouse. The rise of Ajay and his clique within EQ and the departure of Varsity, Mikinori, Lightaine, Seraphim and others weakened Calamity core officership. It split it between those that trusted Tyranny and those that trusted BB. Now, BB was not a TW genius but he was to a rebuilding Cala what wolfgang was to EQ. He eventually developped tremendous TW lead capabilities along the likes of Throck or Zsw. Conquered a map, then why did they all left to Regen? To escape a poisonous officer clique that was costing them more role players than what they could keep by staying with them. In Regenesis they found players from Inversion, HDT, Bushido, etc that became both huge roleplayers in some cases, in others, they became its doom.

I could go on.

Theres a difference between being a rotten apple and being a faction killer. Every faction has rotten apples, i agree completely, but you got to get rid of yout fsction killers if you want to be successful. I can be a rotten Apple to some. I agree with that notion at times. My behaviour can drive some players away and can cause the discontent of people within or outside tempest. But i know when to stop, when to apologize, when to shut up (if you as a player, or your opinion matters to me or my faction, for example). Contrary to some people's belief, I'm well aware that Tempest doesnt need me at all, that calamity didn't need me at all. That Regenesis didnt need me at all. That what I achieved leading they would have achieved in the same timeframe, faster or slower. That once i become more of a burden than an asset I'm the first one to suggest that I should step away. Mostly because its just a game. There's no use in playing it if youre not having fun. Being in a poisonous officership isnt fun. I wasnt fundamental to Regenesis which is why they survived without me, even though they stopped winning TW they held through BB, only when he was gone Regen was no more.

magic
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magic

I'm assuming someones popcorn is approaching its use by date.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015

I've run out of popcorn. I'm also forgetting why this thread is still here or going.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I've run out of popcorn. I'm also forgetting why this thread is still here or going.

True there is little doubt that EQ has now far surpassed Dynasty in strength to where it's almost a straight roll. I was kinda hoping this new found strength would motivate them to put up a good effort in defending Tempest so was disappointing to see key members of EQ not showing up. Gear-wise there isn't now a huge difference between Tempest and EQ. Instead of doing a suicidal push down a side lane with all their best DDs, they would be better off practicing working as a team and pushing us out of their base, it's a defend after all, so seeing how long they can last in a turtle, and then working on improving that time in following weeks would be really good for them.

Hopefully they will be aiming for that milestone soon, or next season, if they still have serious TW aspirations, and it wasn't just about beating Dynasty. It will be a uphill battle and will be pretty challenging, but they would be wise in holding on to the momentum they have right now, rather than making the decision to not treat the defends seriously, as members will undoubtedly be unhappy about that and their recruiting/TW attendance will suffer. Which is pretty much what happened with Dynasty tbh. The whole 'we gonna lose anyway so why bother' approach from TW leaderships is morale destroying from a members point of view.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stale popcorn b:shocked

It's clear that they just want to kill us from boredom when Goonz, Angerona and the new blood rather just TW on their alts or not show at all :(

At this point, it's hard to care, I'm still waiting for last season's rewards. By my expectations should we win this season too, those rewards will hit our inboxes somewhere around Qatar's world cup final's match.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your hopes are way too high. I'm hoping for the world cup after that
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its great that you brought the point of Equinox because that allows me to ellaborate more on how an unfavorable officer group can hold a factions development down or break it apart in no time

Equinox while led by JaY never beat Calamity. Lost a great deal of potentially great players to calamity and nearly dissapeared. While led by Wolfgang EQ became a strong bonded community with cores and values that made their members stick through several months of TW losses. They weren't winning but they were a group of people that came and stayed together.

Then came Illyana, Dragoonz, Aubree, Ajay, Bodine. All great TW minds that were homegrown within this community formed by Wolfgang, the transition was seamless from a community to a TW powerhouse that finally stood up to Calamity. When Ajay and Illyana quit the game, EQ success faded away.

On the other side Calamity formed by Seraphim was a powerhouse. The rise of Ajay and his clique within EQ and the departure of Varsity, Mikinori, Lightaine, Seraphim and others weakened Calamity core officership. It split it between those that trusted Tyranny and those that trusted BB. Now, BB was not a TW genius but he was to a rebuilding Cala what wolfgang was to EQ. He eventually developped tremendous TW lead capabilities along the likes of Throck or Zsw. Conquered a map, then why did they all left to Regen? To escape a poisonous officer clique that was costing them more role players than what they could keep by staying with them. In Regenesis they found players from Inversion, HDT, Bushido, etc that became both huge roleplayers in some cases, in others, they became its doom.

I could go on.

Theres a difference between being a rotten apple and being a faction killer. Every faction has rotten apples, i agree completely, but you got to get rid of yout fsction killers if you want to be successful. I can be a rotten Apple to some. I agree with that notion at times. My behaviour can drive some players away and can cause the discontent of people within or outside tempest. But i know when to stop, when to apologize, when to shut up (if you as a player, or your opinion matters to me or my faction, for example). Contrary to some people's belief, I'm well aware that Tempest doesnt need me at all, that calamity didn't need me at all. That Regenesis didnt need me at all. That what I achieved leading they would have achieved in the same timeframe, faster or slower. That once i become more of a burden than an asset I'm the first one to suggest that I should step away. Mostly because its just a game. There's no use in playing it if youre not having fun. Being in a poisonous officership isnt fun. I wasnt fundamental to Regenesis which is why they survived without me, even though they stopped winning TW they held through BB, only when he was gone Regen was no more.

That history lesson though.....
    Bahamas represent
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That history lesson though.....
    It's quite interesting to read even though i don't understand the point of itb:chuckle
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
    edited May 2015
    catgirl33 wrote: »
    It's quite interesting to read even though i don't understand the point of itb:chuckle

The point Andres is making is that officers have a core role in the rise and fall of a faction. No faction would achieve anything without good officers and most of the time the reason for a factions demise is due to it's officers. He believes that the reason for Dynasty's recent demise is due to bad leadership/officer decisions.

Of course Dynasty/officers in Dynasty will have a different view on what caused the loss of members. Which is fine, there's always two sides to an argument and the truth is somewhere in the middle of the two.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »

Oh the magic response was just something totally random.
    was testing the forums and a certain response method to see if I could do something "magical".

This just happened to be the thread that was open.

b:laughb:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
    edited May 2015
    Oh the magic response was just something totally random.
    was testing the forums and a certain response method to see if I could do something "magical".

This just happened to be the thread that was open.

b:laughb:chuckle

Sounds like back pedaling to me pal, considering you replied to a quote, but seeing as you clearly don't want to discuss I won't press the point.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    catgirl33 wrote: »

I wasn't expecting you to Yuunie :)

But yeah Dark is on the spot. And I can agree that Dynasty may have a different view to the issue. Which is why I was trying to steer the post in that direction before being assaulted. But I don't think LostPoet wants to talk about it anymore :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This time it was 2 hours, and while dyna did have slightly more people on than they did last weekend, it makes me think that either EQ, or dyna are very inconsistent with their power, ergo it really doesn't surprise me that Tempest is still the undisputed #1 faction.

That may change in the coming months/year... but really only time will tell.

It will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks to see who can become more consistent/powerful or whatever in the near future tw's.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SENAlmighty - Dreamweaver
    SENAlmighty - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Alot of you ppl have met me and ya know wat? It almost seems as you become the number #1 fac ,you have evrybody saying* hmm...... wat do we need to beat them? * . I figure start from the basics and make your circle a tight knit of true friends. OFC you will expand but true friends know how to become a team.and will thus pass it on to others. TBH i really enjoy not being in number #1 fac anymore (don't get me wrong still luv tham as lots of others i have met from various facs). But now since not in Tempest anymore I almost feel revitalized..Remeber evryone , we joined pwi for fun, and tht whr it all strts :)

kk been also part of alot of facs as I imagine alot of u have been. Know also wen I say being easy to get along wit really helps a fac. Tempest and relic merge was easy coz we all get along wit each other. :) If ya wanna know the secret to beating Tempest in TW, lol, it simple. other strong facs will have to merge and not try to be bossy over the other fac. Work together as a fun place u wanna be. Soinds silly and ridiculous , but not hard to figure out. Im in pretty weak TW fac , but idc as i feel as we all help and be helped, it shows us why we joined pwi in the 1st place. Lol srry basically fkking evry1's head up as we shouldnt argue or such, just have fun and live for each new day :). WE ALL KNOW NO1 STAYS ON TOP 4EVER. :) so rem to have fun and make it fun for others :). LMAO btw if ya bored and wanna rem wat fun is , by any means, give it a go wit TORN. we do our best to rem tht this just a game and wanna have fun. lol had to put in plug for fac lol :P, have fun always ppl :)
    edited June 2015
    I think EQ has a lot of thinking to do what their campaign goals will be next season. The foray into Dynasty although successful at first, was turned around by stronger than expected turnouts by Dynasty with a few inactives coming back for the good TWs and Dynasty enjoying stronger TW squad cohesion and coordination.

I would attribute the losses to inexperience on the TW field, not breaking up some of the stronger squads into more balanced squads so defence is more fluid and effective, the most recent TW lasted 30mins, which to me based on the relative strengths of the two has to come down to squads not working well together and pk'ing instead of working towards objectives, or just failing to defend effectively against sidelane pushes, so there is massive scope for improvement if there is political will to do so.

Gear and numbers aren't the issue here, the issue is primarily getting people to work together in squads effectively and 99% of that comes from having solid Tw squad leaders managed by an overall TW leader, what's worked well for Tempest in the past is to have a defence leader and an offence leader, with one of the two having the final say.

Best of luck to both factions, but in respect to the topic I think it's safe to say Dynasty has pulled back the advantage, congrats. Let's see what next season holds, hope both sides can improve.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I would attribute the losses to inexperience on the TW field, not breaking up some of the stronger squads into more balanced squads so defence is more fluid and effective, the most recent TW lasted 30mins, which to me based on the relative strengths of the two has to come down to squads not working well together and pk'ing instead of working towards objectives, or just failing to defend effectively against sidelane pushes, so there is massive scope for improvement if there is political will to do so.

How would that explain how they started out winning/pushing dyna to a stalemate?

Personally I feel as if though dyna got very disorganized/demoralized by the fights they were having, getting rolled by tempest, and not having much of a contest from any of the other guilds... (EDIT: I remember how dyna would more or less 'play' with smaller factions, and while I am sure wacky had his reasons, and they may very well be a good reason in his book/some may have even liked it... but there were also people who detested it.) skills were bound to get rusty when things play out like that.

I realize that can work both ways, and EQ may very well be still trying to get organized/do the things you mentioned DarkS, but really each faction still has plenty of room to grow, or even fall, only time will tell who can whether the storm, or continue to win.

Quite a few people assumed when eq rose/won their first war against dyna it was a sign of things to come, but fast forward 2-3 weeks, and now look at who wins the wars now.

As sena says it is highly unlikely that the #1 spot will remain the same for the remainder of the games life, a factions strength can easily come, and it can just as easily go. (Though generally once a faction is strong/they have strong bonds, their power doesn't easily dissipate... strong bonds being the key thing here, especially if they all can maintain their power/skill.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2015
    In all honesty. I don't know whos #2 anymore. All I can really tell by what we see from TW is that I was wrong to judge Dynasty officership on the people that left. Apparently being rid of them has empowered them beyond my understanding. Its clearly not a matter of weak leadership. I apologize for that.

Equinox is either really got no clue what to do with its power or doesn't really cares what to do with it for this season. As much as Equinox wants to downplay their numbers. You can't say you took cream of the crop of BootyCamp, a great deal of Dynasty firepower and add it to an existing competitive Equinox roster and pretend the field is leveled. In my eyes there's no reason to be losing to Dynasty other than a)poor tactics. b) poor commitment of your TW sign ups. I'll be looking forward to next season as this one is clearly over.

Sen. Your either enjoy being the underdog and have underdog TWs or you rally the server to merge to beat Tempest down. You can't claim both of them are equally important or equally pleasing. Because that just means that if the server was to merge and bring Tempest down. You'll be the first one to leave and reinforce Tempest down the road. It doesn't make sense bud. Either one of those 2 ideas you really choose to follow you'll have my absolute respect. I think its clear I'd very much rather the server to come together and try to beat Tempest but if you guys are happy doing what you're doing. I can't stop you all... Just don't pretend you want both. Its impossible.

There was a moment in DW history where the best geared player did not belong to a top TW faction because neither group wanted him or his clique. Random fact of the day.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    Sympsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    b:kiss omg hai gais
    edited June 2015
    b:kiss omg hai gais

A wild symp appears. Hellos.