Server health

shargothpt
shargothpt Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Dawnglory (EU)
Hi everyone, I know that this isn't the right place to ask this, but since I just logged on the forum for the first time today with this account I can't creat new threads for another 3 days..as such I have to resort to infiltrate this thread and for that I'm sorry.
So, what I wanted to ask is, how's the server health? I'm thinking of coming back to the game but I'm thinking of starting in Morai instead of going back to my old server, I do live in Europe so I could finally attend most events, such as TW, NW, etc..
I'd apreciate if you guys could answer my question, I'm reinstalling the game in any case, but I'd love to see what you guys have to say, should I give Morai a try or go back to my server? How's the server population, economy, is the pvp and TW scenery active and fun? Well let me know.

Once again, sorry for the intrusion but yeh, I need some info. :)

Cheers
Post edited by shargothpt on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shargothpt wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I know that this isn't the right place to ask this, but since I just logged on the forum for the first time today with this account I can't creat new threads for another 3 days..as such I have to resort to infiltrate this thread and for that I'm sorry.
    So, what I wanted to ask is, how's the server health? I'm thinking of coming back to the game but I'm thinking of starting in Morai instead of going back to my old server, I do live in Europe so I could finally attend most events, such as TW, NW, etc..
    I'd apreciate if you guys could answer my question, I'm reinstalling the game in any case, but I'd love to see what you guys have to say, should I give Morai a try or go back to my server? How's the server population, economy, is the pvp and TW scenery active and fun? Well let me know.

Once again, sorry for the intrusion but yeh, I need some info. :)

Cheers

Hi. I think a moderator will be able to move your post in a new thread.

I have been a little less active this month, and don't really know other servers well, but I think Morai is currently more populated and more active than any US server. Economy is not perfect but a little better than some months ago.
    If you plan to start back this is the best server to join as a European.
    Now it will depend on your objectives, because for PVE you will have no problem at all I guess, but for PVP you might need some time (or money) to catch up.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some stats about Morai:
    - At least 3 major TW factions (Requiem, Revision, Templer) that, when they meet in battle, typically have TWs with at least 4 full squads on each side.
    - Gold price hovering around 3kk. Currently a little higher due to orb sales.
    - PvE server so there's some botting going on. Nowhere near as bad it was when the DQ items were still worth a damn
    - Endgame characters are true endgame. IE R9.3 full +12 JosD/Deity, Astral X, all titles, full nuemas with all the works and trimmings. In the NW you can meet entire squads consisting of these, so if you want to compete with those, you've got some cashing or 2 years of grinding to do.
    - The major factions are recruting the new classes at lower levels. On switching server, taking a Dusk or Storm main might make your life a bit easier.
    - The worldchannel can be a bit spammy with non-english... especially cyrillic spam (I guess ruski, can't be sure, don't speak that language).
    - Lots of BH100/FSP worldchannel parties. Clerics seem in somewhat short supply these days.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2015
    Some stats about Morai:
    - At least 3 major TW factions (Requiem, Revision, Templer) that, when they meet in battle, typically have TWs with at least 4 full squads on each side.
    [...]
    - Endgame characters are true endgame. IE R9.3 full +12 JosD/Deity, Astral X, all titles, full nuemas with all the works and trimmings. In the NW you can meet entire squads consisting of these, so if you want to compete with those, you've got some cashing or 2 years of grinding to do.

- 4 full squads is not that hard to get (and far from 80vs80 which will probably be hard to see again). Elysium still managed to get nearly 40 people in TW, but including low geared people not only 40 R9.3. And you seem to consider that Templer or even Revision have same kind of TW force than Req. Even though I haven't been able to check the "activity" as I used to in the past, I think that with their full force Requiem could split to defend successfully a gank from both Revision and Templer. In my honest opinion there is not a lot of possibility for balanced TW on Morai currently, except maybe Templer vs Revision or for example PYCB versus Originals (but in this second case we're not talking about top factions).

- Regarding endgame, if you include cards, then how many guys on Morai are really endgame ? Last months I saw "new" people with some +11/12 (mostly Templer guys that didn't have those gears in 2014) and descent cards but well... Name me 15-20 people with real endgame gears...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    - 4 full squads is not that hard to get (and far from 80vs80 which will probably be hard to see again). Elysium still managed to get nearly 40 people in TW, but including low geared people not only 40 R9.3. And you seem to consider that Templer or even Revision have same kind of TW force than Req. Even though I haven't been able to check the "activity" as I used to in the past, I think that with their full force Requiem could split to defend successfully a gank from both Revision and Templer. In my honest opinion there is not a lot of possibility for balanced TW on Morai currently, except maybe Templer vs Revision or for example PYCB versus Originals (but in this second case we're not talking about top factions).

- Regarding endgame, if you include cards, then how many guys on Morai are really endgame ? Last months I saw "new" people with some +11/12 (mostly Templer guys that didn't have those gears in 2014) and descent cards but well... Name me 15-20 people with real endgame gears...

well top tw factions atm rotate around 40 to 80 sign ups except for requiem that has a steady 80s

morai is the most active PWI server prolly on pair with archosaur,

there is open PK every evening, PVP events are crowded, TWs returned to be funny after somehow the alliance between top 3 factions broke down

Well last week Crisis vs Revision was quite balanced, problems is all about sign ups, the day the factions meet each other on the field on their sign ups spike, the fight will be equal funny and balanced

there are a very lot of endgame ppl on morai...

15-20? 15-20 per faction i'd say

me dikkejonko ticosan serga xiyie supermofo blatala nexes petitlove saeber physico repanzu dyeena ironnie eziekel those are just the very endgame ones from my faction (r9r3+11\12 josd\deity with S-sets \ A-sets \ S-cards)

with many of us having endgame alts
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • shargothpt
    shargothpt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you guys for the info, it does help a lot, if it is indeed one of the most active servers, that alligned with the fact I'm in Europe, I guess I'll join Morai and start over there, a fresh start if you will. I'd like to know your opinion on the new classes, I'll probably create 2 chars just to try them anyway, but what do you guys think of them both pve and pvp wise? My main was a sin (r9rr +10 +deity, s/a cards back then) but I've also tried every other class and can't say I disliked any, so I wouldn't have a problem playing a cleric even, since according to one of the previous replies, it's one of the most on-demand classes atm, but first I'd like to know your opinions on the new classes, are they worth the time and work?

Also, and since I do not like small guilds nor being guildless, are there any medium sized or even big guilds recruting server newcomers atm? Thank you once again and see you in-game soon!
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2015

me dikkejonko ticosan serga xiyie supermofo blatala nexes petitlove saeber physico repanzu dyeena ironnie eziekel those are just the very endgame ones from my faction (r9r3+11\12 josd\deity with S-sets \ A-sets \ S-cards)

Hum ok... then I'm more outdated than I thought...
    I haven't checked everyone gears recently and honestly didn't expect there were 50 (or even more than that if I refer to your post) people with better gears than me. And I had the feeling I was still able to resist a little when I'm ganked in NW (talking about 2/3/4 "endgame" people on me not a full squad, or not if too many sins)
    But maybe I will start struggling more very soon, it will be interesting :)

But when you say 15/20 by faction you talk about Req/Revi/Crisis only. Maybe Templer ?
    In Elysium we currently have 0 endgame people. I'm not endgame myself even though I'm not very far from it.
    How many there would be on the server according to you without including alts ?.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For the gm/cm attention and extra events alone i would recommend morai server. The other servers are largely ignored.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yea... the hidden perk that is called Enelimm shouldn't be missing in that list. French GM that is quite active - though the non-english, non-french speaking folk tend to moan there's no events in their language as a result.

@OT: If you liked playing Sin, maybe try your hand with a Dusk. There are some similarities in their fighting styles - dusk is more CC and mobility based then sins, probably spike a bit lower but compensate with paralyze skills. Most important thing: Make your main a class you enjoy to play. If you like to get up in your opponents face, go for something melee. If you like blasting from afar roll a Storm or Psy. For support roll a Cler. Just make sure you keep enjoying the game... the first toon you roll on a new server will be one you stick with for some time.

Cler might be easiest tho, they tend to be able to get away with lower gear requirements when focussing on support.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2015
    shargothpt wrote: »
    Thank you guys for the info, it does help a lot, if it is indeed one of the most active servers, that alligned with the fact I'm in Europe, I guess I'll join Morai and start over there, a fresh start if you will. I'd like to know your opinion on the new classes, I'll probably create 2 chars just to try them anyway, but what do you guys think of them both pve and pvp wise? My main was a sin (r9rr +10 +deity, s/a cards back then) but I've also tried every other class and can't say I disliked any, so I wouldn't have a problem playing a cleric even, since according to one of the previous replies, it's one of the most on-demand classes atm, but first I'd like to know your opinions on the new classes, are they worth the time and work?

Also, and since I do not like small guilds nor being guildless, are there any medium sized or even big guilds recruting server newcomers atm? Thank you once again and see you in-game soon!

if you want to play something that will be ridicolously OP go for stormbringer,

the future patches are reserving SBs huge buffs such the personal and squad "dew" buff and the "firecombo" for water\metal

cleric is jsut as fine, sin still OP
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can recommend both Stormbringer and Duskblades for PvE as well as for PvP. the dmg output of both is in the higher ups of their respective league (dusk being Light Armor and Storm being arcane).

both kinda add to each other cause it seems to me that storms are an anti-melee class while dusks are an anti-arcane class.

the mobility that storms posses makes it very very hard for melee classes such as sins,bms,barbs,archer and even seeker to really catch and kill the storm. add to it tbat storms got a passive 23% dmg reduction on all incoming dmg dealt to them from melee-range (5m or closer to the storm, both magical and physical dmg).For Stormbringer references you might wanna check out my PvP videos and stuff (: search for "Joe PWI" on youtube.

dusks deal around the same dmg as sins do (way higher base dmg bit lower Attack lvl) but got soo many debuffs, CC and especially paralyze skills up their sleeve that one can easily say that dusks will just break Arcane classes in 1onq scenarios. due to their locking ability they are very fit for target-calling positions in organized pvp. they also have some skills to save their buts if a lock fails and/or your enemy breaks free. the only downside to them is the naturally low def and hp of LA-classes combined with no anti-1-hit skill and no protection even close to tidal protection. you can easily counter them with massive CCs. requires alot of skill to be a factor and will then be a huge factor at least when fighting one target after another. if you're used to playing sin I recommend this class.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We need some cross server PVP going on I want to Kill Joe so badlyb:angryb:pleasedb:chuckle
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    morai doesnt really need cross server pvp ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w3uASA1-iI&feature=youtu.be

pretty much every evening
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Eh... dont know about you,but its getting more boaring day by day,to kill same people same way...
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    laikiraski wrote: »
    Eh... dont know about you,but its getting more boaring day by day,to kill same people same way...

if they only would have some clues it would surely be more challenging, hell the cleric kept dding me yesterday for 1-2k instead of keeping his team alive ._.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015

>this is considered massive pvp, so no need for cross server pvp

Yeeeeaaah, if this is the definition of mass pvp people talk about on this forum, then i'm going to have to start agreeing with joe more b:sweat
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2015
    there are a very lot of endgame ppl on morai...

with many of us having endgame alts

Even if I play less and less every week, I managed to check the gears of several people you mentionned. My conclusion is that we just don't have the same definition of very endgame b:pleased
    So I still think we have less than 20 (maybe 30) very endgame toons on our server (and I'm still not that much outgeared for the moment), which is probably less than on several US servers.
    That being said, we have more and more R9.3+10 (weap +12) with good gemms and very descent cards and yes Morai is probably the most active server currently (by far)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    Even if I play less and less every week, I managed to check the gears of several people you mentionned. My conclusion is that we just don't have the same definition of very endgame b:pleased
    So I still think we have less than 20 (maybe 30) very endgame toons on our server (and I'm still not that much outgeared for the moment), which is probably less than on several US servers.
    That being said, we have more and more R9.3+10 (weap +12) with good gemms and very descent cards and yes Morai is probably the most active server currently (by far)

if full r9r3+11\12 josd\deity\vit + nw ornaments\rings, +max lvl S-cards A-cards S-sets A-sets is not endgame then i have bad news for you
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2015
    As I said I just don't have the same definition as you. Because I don't consider +11 very endgame, no. +12 is.+11 isn't. And some people in your list have several parts +10 anyway.
    Deity/JoSD are very endgame for me, not garnet (so I don't consider myself totally endgame for example), and at least one person in your list still have several G10.
    Random A cards are not endgame if not part of a set, especially if not reborn.
    G15 hat/robe is not totally endgame as well in my definition (even if i still love my +5 att lev)

So the people in your list have all great gears, I don't deny it (and I consider my gears very good as well) but, no, most of them don't have very endgame gears... As I said I don't consider I have very endgame gears, (for obvious reasons since it's just not the case xD) but I have better gears than half the people from your list after verification.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    As I said I just don't have the same definition as you. Because I don't consider +11 very endgame, no. +12 is.+11 isn't. And some people in your list have several parts +10 anyway.
    Deity/JoSD are very endgame for me, not garnet (so I don't consider myself totally endgame for example), and at least one person in your list still have several G10.
    Random A cards are not endgame if not part of a set, especially if not reborn.
    G15 hat/robe is not totally endgame as well in my definition (even if i still love my +5 att lev)

So the people in your list have all great gears, I don't deny it (and I consider my gears very good as well) but, no, most of them don't have very endgame gears... As I said I don't consider I have very endgame gears, (for obvious reasons since it's just not the case xD) but I have better gears than half the people from your list after verification.

yea this means that you are endgame, and in fact i consider you endgame

seen your logic players like EloquenZ (that is DoT sharded, with random A cards lvl 40) shouldn't be considered endgame, too bad that he would prolly 1-2shot me or any other arcane class with my gears
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Basically, Zoldi defines endgame as what people around here have re-classed as "super endgame". Which makes sense as the reclassification we made was just because of a massive gap in feasibility and costs compared to what used to be endgame.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    All that "endgame", "very endgame", "low endgame", "super endgame" and so on is so confusing. Some just have better gear+cards then others, some just are in a more lucky period class-wise then others. But in the end, Morai has so many well geared players that it's easier to be noticed by others through yellow insult/provocation spam then by your gear or performance.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    iperen wrote: »
    All that "endgame", "very endgame", "low endgame", "super endgame" and so on is so confusing. Some just have better gear+cards then others, some just are in a more lucky period class-wise then others. But in the end, Morai has so many well geared players that it's easier to be noticed by others through yellow insult/provocation spam then by your gear or performance.

from my point of view anything that is r9r3+10 2nd reborn with even unleveled B cards is endgame and pvp ready (ofc with clues, like full buffed etch)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    from my point of view anything that is r9r3+10 2nd reborn with even unleveled B cards is endgame and pvp ready (ofc with clues, like full buffed etch)

Hmm, I would say 'basic endgame' begins with toons having full +10 ornies armours and +12 wep with 6 A cards or better fully leveled, Astral X and 2nd rb with 105 historic.

Mid endgame is josd/deities/vit stone sharding +11s or +12s with A card sets/lower S sets, rb'ed cards.

Super endgame is full +12 josd/deity with 2nd RB Nuema Portal set and Crown/Wings set. This should be the benchmark for class comparisons when talking forums.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Endgame is supposed to be having all the LATEST gear, with the latest upgrades (gems, refines, etc. in this case) where the gear and upgrades are of the highest grade possible.

Regardless of updated content, endgame is endgame. If you don't keep up with the updates with regards to your gear, you're not endgame.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Endgame is supposed to be having all the LATEST gear, with the latest upgrades (gems, refines, etc. in this case) where the gear and upgrades are of the highest grade possible.

Regardless of updated content, endgame is endgame. If you don't keep up with the updates with regards to your gear, you're not endgame.

If we would only consider super endgame as an endgame, we wouldnt have to find brackets for it but the problem is how absurd power creep we are dealing with. The suggested R9T3+10 with +12 wep, decent cards and 105 historical for basic endgame will mow trough anything less pretty effectively. Calling it midgame/something lesser than endgame would be silly when vast majority of players wont ever achieve it.

People have multiple endgames, basic/mid/super being one definition, for a reason. The power creep in this game is quite absurd, the amount of money/effort even basic endgame requires is pretty silly. And of course, due power creep, basic endgame cant really stand up to mid endgame, let alone super endgame, thus there needs to be multiple brackets. This is if we want to acknowledge everybody effectively mowing trough your average playerbase.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In order to be considered an endgame player you got to get these:

1 Rank9 3rd cast gear.
    Rank9 3rd cast weapon+12
    Top+12 with JOSD or DOD
    Bottom+12 with JOSD or DOD
    Footwear+12 with JOSD or DOD
    Wristguards +12 with JOSD or DOD
    Rank9 recast belt
    Rank9 NW cast ring +12
    2 Cube Necklace lvl16+12
    3 G16 ring +12
    4 Kestra Descent
    Crown Of Madness+12 with JOSD or DOD
    Wings of Ascension+12 with JOSD or DOD
    5 Emperor Tome
    6 Max out your meridian untill you cant open any gate.
    7 Get all titles that can be obtain in the game
    8 Get a set of S cards and max them out . That means you got to lvl them up to 80 and reaweken them.
    9 Reborn 2 times.
    10 Get astral sky 10
    11 Max out your nuema

Congratulations. Now you can consider yourself an endgame player. Well untill PW will introduce the Astrolabe system in our version and you will have to max that out to become endgame again.
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2015
    well i'd agree that endgame should be the maximum reachable goal gear-wise

but honestly the endgame intended like that, is way too much unaffordable that we need to consider an earlier level of endgame as endgame

i believe endgame is that point where the "early endgame" players arent getting onehitted by the "late endgame" ones and where they can still do non-negligible damage back to them.

seen this theory i'd also believe there are different levels to consider each class as endgame (f.e. a wizards needs very late endgame to be factor, while a barb is still good on a earlier level to be a factor)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524