Error Retrieving Character Information

Comments

• Schec - Dreamweaver
    Schec - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Q_Q i finnaly got my char back with all her stuff / fash / money / mats / others , i am a happy veno T_T
  • mymahem
    mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope soon everyone will be back. For those who are not, it was advised that you notify them asap. I'm sure you will be back soon.

Thank you all for the support and good wishes. Thank you for all the "welcome back's".

Thank you to the Devs who didn't give up. Thank you to Surtr and Sparkie. I know this wasn't a fun ride for you at all either. And thank you to the GM who was understanding and kind to me.

I appreciate you all.
    b:cute
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
    seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the toon is back... the items are not......................b:angry
  • dhudg
    dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    **** the items, i want the toon >.<
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    I hope that the rest of ppl that didnt got their character fixed , will get it , hopefuly with all the stuffs on em * cross fingers *
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    bump this thread
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dhudg wrote: »
    **** the items, i want the toon >.<

That is sad....that it has gotten THAT bad that a player is willing to say forget whatever was on his toon just so long as he can play it. We shouldn't be settling for this. PWE should really be ashamed.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • mymahem
    edited February 2015
    That is sad....that it has gotten THAT bad that a player is willing to say forget whatever was on his toon just so long as he can play it. We shouldn't be settling for this. PWE should really be ashamed.

I don't think it is being "settled for" really.. Sparkie said if anyone is still having a problem to let customer services know about it right away. Send in a new ticket.

It's possible that an alt on the same account was logged in at the time of the "fix" and therefor did not allow for access to that account by the devs when the "fix" was being applied. That, of course, is merely a speculation, but would make sense.

I wouldn't give up on this.. just send a new ticket and stay off the account.
    b:victory
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Glad this hasn't happened to LC yet b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    mymahem wrote: »
    I don't think it is being "settled for" really.. Sparkie said if anyone is still having a problem to let customer services know about it right away. Send in a new ticket.

It's possible that an alt on the same account was logged in at the time of the "fix" and therefor did not allow for access to that account by the devs when the "fix" was being applied. That, of course, is merely a speculation, but would make sense.

The "fix" was held while was the maintanace , so it was impossible for them to log an alt during the "fix" time .
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mymahem wrote: »

Truth is...this should have been fixed within the week it was noticed...if not that day. Any other MMO would have figured this out and solved the problem....PWE devs are about as smart as a bag of rocks.....and that insults the bag of rocks.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • dhudg
    dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i DID submit another ticket, that got instantly closed with the copy/paste reply about avoiding sending multiple tickets. i ve given up, completly. using the current 2x drop to farm money for another set of lunar armor b:sad
  • mymahem
    edited February 2015
    The "fix" was held while was the maintanace , so it was impossible for them to log an alt during the "fix" time .

Impossible? maybe.. the time stamp on my char the 2nd time they tried and failed on 1/21 was 10:59E (7:59 server time).. correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is after maint. ;)
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Just because the game is down for *us* to log into does not mean the people taking the game down cannot. I also believe Sparkie said they were testing the fix while the game was down. They attempted during each maintenance which is why those chars showed up as logging on during a time that people could not.
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    The one logging the chars are the devs so they logged when they can.
  • dragonkitten
    dragonkitten Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    am i the only one still having this problem? i have not been able to log my veno since early january. sent a ticket but it was closed with no answers on why my veno is still not retrievable.
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I recently sent a ticket on my still missing mule toon. They said they will let the developers know and the ticket has remained open. So.. I dunno. Here's hoping she shows up after this maintenance. If we still have those anymore.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Miminzb - Dreamweaver
    Miminzb - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Toon still not fixed. TBH ive about had enough. Im a customer who has spent real money on this game and would very likely have continued to do so, had i been confident to play. Ive stopped playing since early Feb and have gone to another game. All i am doing at present is trying to log my glitched toon once a week after maintenance just to see if its fixed then going back to my new game. Ive spent many years and have many awesome memories on PWI. Its sad that this is how its likely to end for me :'(
  • Miminzb - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Still hoping for some action on my toon not yet fixed *sigh*
  • dragonkitten
    edited March 2015
    Still can not log in to my veno. It has been "unable to retrieve character information" since early July. Can someone please give me an official word on when I will get to play her again? I have missed out on so much these two months.
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My mule toon still not fixed either, but I have hope still. My ticket has remained open.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Miminzb - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Toon still not fixed *sigh*
  • dragonkitten
    edited March 2015
    Can anyone give me an update on this issue? My ticket was closed with no answer and i still can not log in on my veno. It has been months and nobody seems to want to tell me anything. Am i the only one?
  • dragonkitten
    edited April 2015
    I am still getting "error retrieving character information" on my veno. Please can someone tell me when I will be able to play again? This has been going on since January.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still can't get onto my mystic and blademaster, and I can't seem to get any word about it from anyone
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • dragonkitten
    edited May 2015
    Another month has gone by and I still cannot retreive my veno which has been that way since January. Please could someone tell me what I need to do to get some answers.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    I also still can't get onto my blademaster and mystic, but I don't really get any good responses. I would post about some funny/sad stuff that happened from tickets, but talking about tickets is against forums rules if i remember right

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I also still can't get onto my blademaster and mystic, but I don't really get any good responses. I would post about some funny/sad stuff that happened from tickets, but talking about tickets is against forums rules if i remember right

Quoting them directly is. You can summarize it though and that'd be considered fine.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2015
    Then I guess I'm allowed to tell of the time that they asked me for screenshots of the error message I get, but then when I responded to the ticket with the screenshots it got deleted for being a duplicate ticket. That was the point where I completely gave up hope of ever getting my characters back

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Then I guess I'm allowed to tell of the time that they asked me for screenshots of the error message I get, but then when I responded to the ticket with the screenshots it got deleted for being a duplicate ticket. That was the point where I completely gave up hope of ever getting my characters back
    Fun fact. I recently had an issue and they told me to post about it in QC and discuss it with the moderators. Guess they want me to talk to myself.

After I patiently explained that their "response" was about as helpful as trying to fill the ocean with a single bucket of water and why, for some reason they claimed their answer was final and closed my response as a duplicate. When I asked about a completely unrelated topic, that was also closed as a duplicate by the same staff member. When I asked how to submit a ticket that wouldn't be marked as a duplicate even though it was about an unrelated issue to begin with, that was ALSO marked by a duplicate by the same staff member.

And these folks are the ones I have to grudgingly send people to deal with when they have issues that can't be solved on the forums. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)