Droping coins at Jolly Old Jones.

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I notice this done by some players near JOJ.
Some of them they drop coins, pick them back, drop it again, pick back and so on for I dont know how many times and then they log out .
And my question is why they doing this?
I think I seen 5 or 6 different players doing this in different days.
giphy.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That is a fast way to pass coin to another toon. What they do is squad their other toon then drop coin on the joly toon so coin get divided on the 2 toons when they grab it again, this until the toon they are giving coin gets the amount they need. b:bye

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    rieihdius wrote: »
    That is a fast way to pass coin to another toon. What they do is squad their other toon then drop coin on the joly toon so coin get divided on the 2 toons when they grab it again, this until the toon they are giving coin gets the amount they need. b:bye

This. Coin drops are split between squad members so someone multiclienting a Jolly alt can do this to pass their coin over without having to move it.

It's the same thing as people dropping coin and then picking it up after Full Warsongs or (former) BH Lunars and the like to split the profit amongst the squad.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015
    Stupid of me. Ofc is the simple explanation.How the hell this didnt come to my mind?
    I knew about this way of giving coins from a toon to another and still I was watching those players at JOJ doing this and wandering: why the hell they do this?
    Thanks for answers.
    giphy.gif

• hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so these players don't know how to trade? its way easier and faster
  • Trisodovky - Raging Tide
    Trisodovky - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hoover69 wrote: »
    so these players don't know how to trade? its way easier and faster

not really.. for trade you're supposed to be next to the alt, while in squad you can get your coins even if your alt is in Lost City and you're in Lotharis for example.. so splitting coins from squad is faster if you're not camping with your main near JOJ
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    not really.. for trade you're supposed to be next to the alt, while in squad you can get your coins even if your alt is in Lost City and you're in Lotharis for example.. so splitting coins from squad is faster if you're not camping with your main near JOJ

Exactly. I tend to pass coins from my JJ characters to my main character who is often in Archosaur. I'm far too lazy to take her to JJ when I can just squad and drop coins.

Of course, it can be risky if you have a poor internet connection. For anyone with d/c issues I would highly recommend trading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Take JJ out its just another exploited thing in this game.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Take JJ out its just another exploited thing in this game.

How is it exploited? It is just a series of quests that give a small amount of coin. Even having multiple accounts running it daily it takes awhile to add up to any serious amount.

If you want to remove that because people use it as a way to make money, better remove TT too because people that can solo farm that make a heck of a lot more in a short amount of time.

I really don't get why this bothers people. The only ones that could make a lot of money from this are people who make piles of accounts - which is not allowed, but everyone shouldn't be punished for the actions of those people. At any rate, running all of the quests on that many accounts would be hellishly time consuming and tedious. Better off farming something else to make money faster if you have that kind of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How is it exploited? It is just a series of quests that give a small amount of coin. Even having multiple accounts running it daily it takes awhile to add up to any serious amount.

If you want to remove that because people use it as a way to make money, better remove TT too because people that can solo farm that make a heck of a lot more in a short amount of time.

I really don't get why this bothers people. The only ones that could make a lot of money from this are people who make piles of accounts - which is not allowed, but everyone shouldn't be punished for the actions of those people. At any rate, running all of the quests on that many accounts would be hellishly time consuming and tedious. Better off farming something else to make money faster if you have that kind of time.
    Nah, it's kind of stupid for this quest to generate coins out of nothing without any real work. Giving useful items like chi or socket stones would be fine but creating coins has a profound effect on the whole economy of the server.

It's easily abusable too. If those promos that give you free Profundity Scrolls are active it takes a few minutes to create an account of the right level range to spam that quest. Making a hundred accounts would take maybe a couple of days then you can bot the quest / account switching to get like 10m coins a day. It wouldn't surprise me if there are people who have automated the account creation as well to have maybe thousands of accounts.

Hopefully there are safeguards in place against this but this is PWE we are talking about.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Making a hundred accounts would take maybe a couple of days then you can bot the quest / account switching to get like 10m coins a day. It wouldn't surprise me if there are people who have automated the account creation as well to have maybe thousands of accounts.

Hopefully there are safeguards in place against this but this is PWE we are talking about.

You're obviously right. But once again the problem is maybe not the quest in itself but people who would automate it. As farming coins by killing mobs has never been a problem when people were really playing. But it is a problem when bots are involved.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2015
    This thread has derailed a little in a way I didnt want too. I would have alot to say about last comments but I would rather not. I dont want to start a fight or something and I really dont want to argue about JOJ.
    So can please a moderator close this thread?
    b:thanks in advance.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Mods are too busy abusing their power to close threads on the request of the OP like they typically do. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.