b:dirty I'll be your adult

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Um... er... hey look a Sweetiebot!

*flee*
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ggalacticparadox
    ggalacticparadox Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These forums definitely have great memories, and it inevitably will be quite disappointing and upsetting to see them go. This custom vBulletin install is somewhat broken, which I think we all understand, including being quite outdated (security issues?). When I made my first forum posts back in 2009, after playing PWI for almost a year, they were merely trolling and joking posts. I grew up with this game and this forum, from age 18-present (24), and so did my maturity and grammatical capabilities (at least, I would like to think so).

I've seen every CM this board has had. Some better than others. I will miss eatwithspoons. I will miss v4/hey you!. Unfortunately, great things must come to an end. I'm someone who likes to hold on to things that matter to me, and thus I'll host the mirror indefinitely, much like Ecatomb and PWI-Wiki. My website will host the backups long after this game has officially been shut down. For someone who had dedicated so many years to this game, I would hate to see my friends/family of this game loose out on potential.

Through the years, I've had spats with CMs, Mods (Anyone remember Shelly? haha), trolls/people looking for attention. People always asked me WHY I did things like the Goon glitch thread during frankie's stay, or for example, the DQ threads waaaayyyy back when NPC prices were nerfed in 2010ish. I always felt obligated, because I knew it was PWE"s job to relay our concerns across seas. Though, I will admit, PWE generally didn't do this or took months. An example would have been the goon glitch. How long did I keep that thread active day after day until frankie said it would be solved -> banned lots of innocent people -> unbanned everyone -> made a statement that nothing would happen?

I've rarely seen eye to an eye with PWE, because they have failed this community with poor communication skills. The new Vanilla forums that we get transferred to in four days will be the last stop for this community, most likely. I simply don't see a declining game population like ours to last another 6-7 years. I would love to be wrong.

I will say that the current Mods now have been better community members than most other Mods in the past, and I can personally appreciate their hard, unpaid dedication to this community. I think out of anyone, the mods deserve our praise and thanks over the years. They have put up with a lot and have great communication skills when we compare them to PWE staff, who can't make it online to post more than once a week.

Indefinitely, any major concerns or issues will be most likely covered up in the new forums when migrating over. DQ, TW rewards, all issues in Quality Corner, etc. Furthermore, guides will probably be broken. IF they do transfer, I would suspect image links and what not to be broken and/or not work. Let's be honest, though. What are the chances that they actually are successful at this transfer process? Surely they can't expect to transfer 70k pages worth of threads.

And on that note, I'll update people on the status of my mirror. I'm updating some of the index files to have roughly the latest in terms of threads and what not before I start the uploading process. It should be live, if everything goes correctly, by this time tomorrow morning.

While I will be active/present on the new forums once things transfer over, I do want to thank this community for an awesome 6ish years of entertainment. I've met some really great people on these forums and in-game. Hell, the girl I fell in love with, I met from this game. We've been together in real life for 4 years in January. Pretty sick!

Thanks all, (various aliases on forums)
    -Tremblewith/Clonado/bluestuffzzz/galacticparadox
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I host a mirror of PWI forums here: pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net
    I host a WIP PW-Wiki here: wiki.gdevtalk.net
    Beta player
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does this mean that all mods will now essentially be mods for all games, rather than just PWI?

I hope you guys like Star Trek. Cuz I sure dont. Not looking forward to all the trekkies in my Perfect World b:angry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Does this mean that all mods will now essentially be mods for all games, rather than just PWI?

I hope you guys like Star Trek. Cuz I sure dont. Not looking forward to all the trekkies in my Perfect World b:angry

Dunno for sure yet. It's also possible that some rules are going to change as a result of the migration. If so, something like petitions being against the rules is gonna suck. A lot (INI editing came because of such a type of thread, after all). Here's hoping that it won't be the case though. b:surrender
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ~snip~

While I will be active/present on the new forums once things transfer over, I do want to thank this community for an awesome 6ish years of entertainment. I've met some really great people on these forums and in-game. Hell, the girl I fell in love with, I met from this game. We've been together in real life for 4 years in January. Pretty sick!

Thanks all, (various aliases on forums)
    -Tremblewith/Clonado/bluestuffzzz/galacticparadox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gYPGEwJTNg b:sadb:cryb:bye
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You know what I'd like? The ability to ACTUALLY SIGN IN on any Arc page. These forums work for me because they're Perfect World pages. The Arc homepages and stuff? Lolnope. Just forever loading.

So yeah, not looking forward to that dumb merger idea, since I'll have to be unable to post. Whatever will I do without the ability to occasionally help people and be annoyed at the company?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I found that you can't actually log in with your user name, you have to use your email address.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The part that's going to annoy me the most is this: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussions

It's the equivalent of our "New Posts" link which I use frequently to see where the new discussion is. The problem is that you can't do it on just a specific subforum. If you see someone made a comment in "General Discussion" then it could be in any PWE game (since the subforum names are all the same across the games).

The bookmarkable topics is good but you can't bookmark the categories you are interested in.

I'm liking the crazy HTML decoration possibilities though. Sure it's dangerous, dangerously fun. Check out some of the post decorations people have come up with. We should keep it in some form (maybe a reward for senior members).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @Mayfly - been using my email, still not working
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I use my normal login both places, no email required to login for me.
    I'm rather sad about it showing my username, I would rather have it showing my ingame name like here... I know i could just use the codes to change it and such, but my url and that would still be the same. b:surrender
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • strumslinger
    strumslinger Posts: 550 admin
    edited May 2015
    We're going to be delaying the migration until further notice. More information can be found here: http://bit.ly/1HZLoa0

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We're going to be delaying the migration until further notice. More information can be found here: http://bit.ly/1HZLoa0

Good News finally.
    Hope this delaying will last long long long long long time.
    giphy.gif

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    b:victory

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    I believe Sylen put it best when he said,
    a.k.a. Give us time to fix the blatant code bugs some savvy users showed us....

b:laugh
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Yayyy!! b:pleased Sweetiebot will still live....b:flower{b:heart}b:flower
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    seitori wrote: »
    Sweetiebot will still live....
    What will they say?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Great news, thanks.
    But at this part, honest to the gods of chocolate cakes, I burst into laughter: 'We want to make sure that our players can enjoy their new forums at the high bar of quality we hold ourselves to.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    Did that forum really exist for a year with thousands of posts without anyone trying any form of in line CSS? Kinda funny how we cracked it open so fast and ruined the migration plan.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Did that forum really exist for a year with thousands of posts without anyone trying any form of in line CSS? Kinda funny how we cracked it open so fast and ruined the migration plan.

Honestly? IT doesn't surprise me. This community is much more mature and tech savvy as a general population than other gaming communities i've been in. People think it's bad here, but some of the stuff i've seen on other forums, yikes. And we couple that oddly with a general flagrant disregard for breaking certain types of rules. The only aspect of it that does surprise me is that nothing used it to spam.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015

Closer to two years, actually. And things being so broken are why we made it very clear to Hey, You! that we didn't feel it should happen for us. Admittedly, though, I didn't realize the sheer extent of how broken it was because I'd never actually posted there and limited myself to drafts and previews rather than going all out with everything.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Closer to two years, actually. And things being so broken are why we made it very clear to Hey, You! that we didn't feel it should happen for us. Admittedly, though, I didn't realize the sheer extent of how broken it was because I'd never actually posted there and limited myself to drafts and previews rather than going all out with everything.

At least it's not like the "Tech support forum", where whenever I view it in Chrome, the orientation is right to left instead of left to right.
    Heh, I went looking for that forum, and the URL for it isn't working.
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ggalacticparadox
    ggalacticparadox Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Just when I got a partial mirror online (view my siggy for the link). That's hilarious. Honestly, the bit about the quality service standards you apparently provide was quite a riot.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I host a mirror of PWI forums here: pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net
    I host a WIP PW-Wiki here: wiki.gdevtalk.net
    Beta player
    edited May 2015
    Just when I got a partial mirror online (view my siggy for the link). That's hilarious. Honestly, the bit about the quality service standards you apparently provide was quite a riot.

Good thing you made a copy, who knows when they drink the expired milk and decide to go ahead with the transfer with little to no changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    I think the issues have been fixed but the way they did is hamfisted since now no one can use styling of any kind. No font colors or bold or any other kind of formatting anywhere.

I wonder if I'll be able to come out of this with my fancy sig intact...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They've fixed nothing. I just proved it. Bleh. Then again, they never said they fixed it. I do find their removal of some certain css and js files odd. It just looks like a bandage covering a hole in the dam type fix right now.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    They've fixed nothing. I just proved it. Bleh. Then again, they never said they fixed it. I do find their removal of some certain css and js files odd. It just looks like a bandage covering a hole in the dam type fix right now.
    Yeah I should have guessed all they did was remove the wysiwyg editor when that animation disappeared. None of the actual functionality was changed at all.

Why are they messing around with the client when it's obvious they have to change a setting at the server. They really don't know what they are doing...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited May 2015

Yeah I should have guessed all they did was remove the wysiwyg editor when that animation disappeared. None of the actual functionality was changed at all.

Why are they messing around with the client when it's obvious they have to change a setting at the server. They really don't know what they are doing...

Were you expecting they'd pay a professional staff that knows how to work with the issues at hand?
    Silly Aster, you should know better by now, they'll make the existing staff that has a completely different area of expertise to make changes, and of course they do what they can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]