Rank9 - How did you get it?

13»

Comments

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A girl bought all my rank 9 for me in exchange for sexual favors b:shutup

I've actually been offered free r9 way before I started farming for it. An archer wanted to use my sin while I was at work. But I refused to share my account.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Applequest - Harshlands
    Applequest - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This game is still alive?
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2015

Yes, and now that gold prices have stabilized merchant fast to make a comeback APPLEQUEST
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I'm finally R9 on my BM - still got a piece to do but that's well underway. Here's how:
    Repwise:
    - Morai dailies/weeklies for as much influence as possible, and convert influence into reputation.
    - Warsong runs and plenty of them. Gets you the badges and molds you need and the warsong emblems can be converted into rep.

Item/coinwise:
    - NW runs. Dual clienting it. One toon actually fights, the other just maphops for tokens. Convert the tokens into Cannies and Raps for the Summerwind tokens.
    - BH runs and plenty of them. Especially the altarmy ones (TT and WS)
    - I run a catshop for extra cash
    - Jolly Jones on a few alts, depending on how bored I am. Generally I skip the fighting quests. Gets me on average 500k per toon, so 1kk-ish per day.
    - Milking the special events that sometimes roll along and give good results. At present Smoke over Archosaur is such an event.
    - Getting a little help from my faction - Factionboss wants the faction base leveled so there's rewards for turning in construction points. One of the rewards is chip packs.
    - Watch the gold trends. Buy gold when low, spend on MoG/Chips when sales are on.
    - Autocultivation overnight on alts for some extra coin. It isn't much anymore but every bit helps. Also pick mats and sell them in Archo - glaze for instance is still pretty good to sell.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015

It's about as alive as that poor, decapitated pigeon in Game of Thrones.
    Dat Arya, she cray.

ALSO, HAY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's about as alive as that poor, decapitated pigeon in Game of Thrones.
    Dat Arya, she cray.

ALSO, HAY.

Hai, Vemo. Much loves.
  • Arrowwz - Sanctuary
    Arrowwz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well i never got r9 sadly after all the years of playing lol, but its cool. I was pretty decent with my gear against regular rank r9s but after r9r i was like 1-4 shot(s) killb:laugh

I_skateboard :D
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hai, Vemo. Much loves.
    Ohai der. <3 Long time no see man. How are ya?

One of these days, we need to catch up in vent. Even though I don't talk. :D

AND I NEED TO SHOW YOU MAI ART STOOOOOOF. It's much more improved than all of those pikachus I drew on Cata forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lots and Lots of TT/Lunar farming

I farmed 3-2 in my aps gear, partially because at 20 minutes or so a run I was able to farm it efficiently (skipping aps boss whose name escapes me at the moment because his drops weren't so good and it was the only boss who had a chance at killing me). Also because there were so many 3-3 farmers that 3-2 green mats sold much better

Also I could aps farm lunar in about 25-30 minutes, which let me get my EODs and to sell some EODs

Unfortunately now, at least on Dreamweaver, farming TT isn't worth it any more. With so many farmers there's no profit to be made

Also the random money made from BH and selling stuff. Also I had 2x int g16 lunar dags, so once I got half way to my rank 9 weapon I sold my g16 dags to get the second half of the money, which sped it up considerably
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • tek1nig
    edited May 2015
    Lots and Lots of TT/Lunar farming

I farmed 3-2 in my aps gear, partially because at 20 minutes or so a run I was able to farm it efficiently (skipping aps boss whose name escapes me at the moment because his drops weren't so good and it was the only boss who had a chance at killing me). Also because there were so many 3-3 farmers that 3-2 green mats sold much better

Also I could aps farm lunar in about 25-30 minutes, which let me get my EODs and to sell some EODs

Unfortunately now, at least on Dreamweaver, farming TT isn't worth it any more. With so many farmers there's no profit to be made

Also the random money made from BH and selling stuff. Also I had 2x int g16 lunar dags, so once I got half way to my rank 9 weapon I sold my g16 dags to get the second half of the money, which sped it up considerably

Interesting point. I myself had a pair of 12 GOF + Interval daggers which I sold to help me on my way to getting my r9 I had totally forgotten about that!
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah that helped speed up getting my dags by a huge amount. Once I was sure I had enough coins I sold them and got my rank 9, and got most of my way to my next armor piece with the left over coins
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Applequest - Harshlands
    Applequest - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    haha, Sorry guys. I wouldnt return to this game if it was the only one left. Feel free to join me on -other games- But never this one. Never again.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You know, I think it's fairly obvious who farmed/merched their gears and who cash shopped. It feels like the ratio is 50/50, but in general, those who farmed their gears w/o real money tend to be in "shoddy" R9 with citrines, and no more than +10 gears.

The ones in "premium" R9 with +12, perfect shards, etc, all tend to be either heavy cash shoppers, big-time merchants, or a combo of both. I think it's interesting to note that most CS'ers/merchants don't farm, and vice versa.

In general I feel like it simply doesn't pay to farm in this game. There are a few exceptions, of course, but those exceptions also only achieved their level of gear by no-lifing the game, so I would still say it simply does not pay to "farm" in this game, at least if you value your time rationally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wasnt u the guy that made a full r9 mystic, when mystics were introducedb:chuckle
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Some interesting discussion, I personally did a bit of both.

Sadly Factions can be a money sink, and when I created mine I had over a billion in savings from mostly merching and light cash shopping, I was in a tt90, r8 and 2 g16 pieces, I blew a great chuck of my wealth on the fac so I turned to pumping gold into the game to get me started again. Then I spend alot more cash on refines as I didnt have time to farm and merch in the job I had as well as run my faction. Nowadays all of what I farm and half of what I charge goes to my faction, the rest goes to support the daily cost of pwi living and slight gear advances.

A more interesting story is how I farmed 72mill for the darklord flyer purely off decomping gear for yijuan stones and selling in plume as a nab, made all the gear to decomp myself and got the flyer before lvl70 =D
    it should be because it is.
  • tek1nig
    Recently I've started farming at an adept level dedicating 2 hours per day only to farm. I have 5 shops setup in every district selling the goods that I farm. But I have a pretty steep goal to full DEITY, +12, PIMP STATUS my duskblade - As such I'm going to start also merchanting sales (which is something I've avoided pretty much since I started playing) I have a guild member who farms nothing and simply merchants sales and he is always rich - It pisses me off HAHAHA. So its time I join him! - Recently I've found FSP to be a huge source of coin for me selling C-Packs. :/ .. I'm a bit upset I missed out on the beginning prices of 350k per C-Pack, but better late than never.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Getting into farming and merching at this point is risky. The population is declining and most people have the gear they need. Stuff like Pangu tome is dropping rapidly in price on Morai - going for as low as 300 millions. It's been twice that not a few months ago. Only stuff that's holding value seems to be the true endgame stuff - DoTs, DoDs, SoT's, Matchless Wings and stuff like that.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • tek1nig
    We don't seem to be having that problem on the harshlands server. Because there are people I know that are farming billions because others rather buy the mats than farm it themselves on our server.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    I spent about $800 to get it B)
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • colby699
    colby699 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well I'm not very well geared I have the weakest variation of cube neck at +8 and my matchless wings at +8 but other then that all my gear is +2 with not very good shards besides my chest which is full vit stones. I cash shopped my r9 when i first got it and tried to merchant my way to getting my refines and shards but I can't farm or merchant very well and cannot function in cube to save my life so I feel like I'm going no where.... any advice?
  • tek1nig
    My advice to you is to team up with a pro and get first hand experience how to do it. Pick a thing to farm - or pick a thing to merchant. Depending on what you are doing or choosing to get your money directly from you can then choose your mentor accordingly. For instance, if you are on the harshlands and wish to learn how to farm TT efficiently we have a host of TT fiends. What is your class? - Its time to get good egg-30.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tek1nig
    edited September 2015
    Ok status update:

3 Months before the Harshlands server had been merged into Morai making the new "DawnGlory(EU PVE) server", I was farming preparing to fight those on our server. When we merged and I saw just how much further ahead "gear / cards / spirit / meridian / everything" the PVE players were I felt I had to adapt to get stronger to have a fighting chance. So here is a bit of insight into what I've been up to and what I have planned in the coming months.
    In 3 full months of farming I was able to put together roughly 3.2 Billion coin. With that coin I was able to get Drake flames added to my weapon previously from "Garnet Stones" and Refined my ascended rank 9 ring from 10 to 12 AND converted my chest leggings boots and bracers from Perfect Citrines to Diamond of Tigers and 1 Deity stone in the leggings with the extra DOT's I had.

Recently a month and a half later I was able to farm up another 1.76 Billion (busting my ****) and landed on a refine sale of +11 orbs so I used all the coin I farmed on getting x5 +11 orbs making my gear +11 and holding one aside for my future guild base helmet.

I'm broke as a joke right now but little by little I'm getting closer to getting finished with my gear. I'm going to save up for the next 2 months and I should land about 3billion in that time. If there is no refine sale I'll go full Deity. If there is, I'll go full +12 first.

So far I'm on the time table of catching my Duskblade up to my assassin in exactly 1 year as I had originally planned.
    I've also recently began doing Phoenix Valley Run because I wanted the Damage Reduction (innate) to be removed from my pvp vs higher level characters. So I hit 103 last week and I'm 32% to 104 at the time of this post. My goal is x3 105 By January of 2016. You guys who know me already know when I say its time to "_____" for real - no matter what the prefix to that is I go with my everything.

SO FOR ME RIGHT NOW ITS TIME TO FARM FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    egg-30.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    Nirvana days and casters id take coins buy packs had people waiting for me win what they wanted lol.at times have had exstreme luck the orb pack first came out got 5 of them first one was a +12 orb.
    still grab 100 packs here and there just no great luck since returning after close 2 yrs gone.I have thrown money more then care actualy say inrality over last six years.Ive famred merched got extremely lucky and thrown cash.

BTW WAZ UP IRCA tell anutz hello for me just last night was looking old pics and post and damn ran cross you trolling thru the forums,lot found memories.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    closed for necro​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
This discussion has been closed.