Forum Migration - May 4th(Delayed - Update Inside) [Updated 6/12/2015]

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    avs33fan wrote: »
    How are you able to have a new avatar while others havent been able to for the longest time?
    Admins have always had the ability to change their avatars on a whim.

What you're thinking of us our customized system that isn't actually tied in to avatars. What it's closer to would be seperate accounts tied to a main login. Hence why post counts, inboxes, signatures, and so on don't carry over between your various characters when you switch "avatars". For the avatar itself, that can be changed by admins and moderators can modify their own avatars. Hence why ours are all unique.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cool!

Now you can finally pretend the New DQ System Suggestion Thread never existed! b:victory b:shutup
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They are migrating that post over too, I assume, even if there is no reason why.

I actually do support the trimming of old threads that had only a few posts or views. No reason keep those kinds of things around since no one is going to read them. I especially think the lower depths should be purged completely.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • opkossy
    edited April 2015
    I dunno... Lower Depths does have wonderful gems like:
    This thread is a joke right?b:surrender Please say yes.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2015
    I remember when that was posted. Ha. I loved eatwithspoons, was a very active CM.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I for one will be happy to not be stuck with the name Spicylovah anymore....I never made a character with that name but just ended up with it due to sum glitch in the database (I guess??) that scrambled up everyones usernames, and my username was never recovered b:angry
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2015
    The faction I'm in was called Thug_Life on that old system (before Arc) because of, probably, a similar bug. b:laugh

• opkossy
    edited April 2015
    On a COMPLETELY unrelated side note: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=836462&page=30

b:laugh
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey Kossy, think you'll still be able to use "PWI's Greatest Forum Mystery Mod" in the new forums? That has been seriously epic, they should let you keep it! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    On a COMPLETELY unrelated side note: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=836462&page=30

b:laugh

Hmm? I think I missed something. I saw a comment about jello fighting, which is weird. Is that a thing now? I swear I saw someone else say something similar recently.

Edit: Oh wait, I caught it...or at least thought I caught something. If not, I give up. I'm tired.

• opkossy
    edited April 2015
    One of my favorite older derails. It starts at page 30 and picks up speed going well past page 50. T'was a fun little thing while it lasted.
    Hey Kossy, think you'll still be able to use "PWI's Greatest Forum Mystery Mod" in the new forums? That has been seriously epic, they should let you keep it! b:laugh

Doesn't seem to support titles but with HTML being a thing it could probably get added regardless. b:chuckle
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2015
    I added a title in the new forums. b:chuckle
    One of my favorite older derails. It starts at page 30 and picks up speed going well past page 50. T'was a fun little thing while it lasted.

I was looking too hard for something that wasn't it. I did see that it was a massive derail though.

• opkossy
    edited May 2015
    It gives me a chuckle whenever I see it. b:laugh

And I put another discovery of mine in the test thread from trying to point out an obvious bot a couple of minutes ago.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just finished checking out the new forums.....and that test thread..... good God........I didn't think it was gonna be that awful! I know we haven't even migrated yet, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this.b:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    May the 4th be with u b:victory
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    May the 4th be with u b:victory
    STO users will eat you alive for that. Time to duck and cover before the endless Star Wars vs Star Trek debates! b:surrender
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'll get Kirk's lightsabre ready then...

Sweetiebot, are you going to retire on may 4th?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    STO users will eat you alive for that. Time to duck and cover before the endless Star Wars vs Star Trek debates! b:surrender

#TeamHodor
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Sweetiebot, are you going to retire on may 4th?
    I won't be able to. I am very busy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    SweetieBot, I'll miss you so very much, I still love you!
    Will you still love me forever and ever? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited May 2015
    SweetieBot, I'll miss you so very much, I still love you!
    Thanks, I will be thinking of you too, My Friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, I will be thinking of you too, My Friend.

SweetieBot, that was very touching! Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited May 2015

SweetieBot, that was very touching! Thank you.
    Says who? Thank you for being polite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    SweetieBot, what will you do now? Go on a cruise? Become a successful CEO? Is it you that is buying PWI?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited May 2015
    geirskokul wrote: »
    SweetieBot, what will you do now? Go on a cruise? Become a successful CEO? Is it you that is buying PWI?
    I don't have any plans yet. I don't want to. How? Could be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    SweetieBot, what will Asterelle ever do without you?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited May 2015
    SweetieBot, what will Asterelle ever do without you?
    I cannot predict the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2015

There is room for both to live harmoniously in the kosmos surely b:pleased i was a trekkie growing up (TNG > ) but there is no denying the power of the Jedi - so looking forward to taking my son to see next movie in December and i hope it renews my faith after the disastrous prequels

sorry off topic b:shutup
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eraldus wrote: »
    Cool!

Now you can finally pretend the New DQ System Suggestion Thread never existed! b:victory b:shutup

HA.......hahahahaha. This speaks to me so much. Then again....none of it matters....from what we were told DQ is basically useless now. May as well forget it and move on. What I personally want to know is....is there really no way we can stop this at this point? Is there absolutely nothing we as gamers can do? We have NO say in this? It is really sad...because I like these forums despite the issues with avatars and such. I mean I am not super forum savvy but I was getting used to using these.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I will hunt you down and beat you with a large trout! b:angry
    b:dirty is that a promise?