[Maintenance Discussion] 4/28/15 COMPLETE

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance will be at the usual time, from 11pm to 2am. There is a small patch (850) that contains only minor localization and server-side changes; as such, there are no patch notes.

Maintenance question: What is your favorite non-PC gaming system of all time? What were some of your favorite game for it?
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    Surtr wrote: »
    What is your favorite non-PC gaming system of all time? What were some of your favorite game for it?
    I don't have a favourite non PC gaming system of all time! But my favourite song is If I Only Had A Brain. Sorry, I do not know about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Rafael - Harshlands
    Rafael - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1st human response!! Prbly PS2 and GTA collection
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ggalacticparadox
    ggalacticparadox Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance will be at the usual time, from 11pm to 2am. There is a small patch (850) that contains only minor localization and server-side changes; as such, there are no patch notes.

Maintenance question: What is your favorite non-PC gaming system of all time? What were some of your favorite game for it?

Last maintenance thread using these forums?
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I host a mirror of PWI forums here: pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net
    I host a WIP PW-Wiki here: wiki.gdevtalk.net
    Beta player
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game Cube and Tales of Symphonia is by far my favorite game. So many play throughs... So many hours logged...
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank You for posting about it this time around. It was really weird not seeing a maint thread about it last week. Ninja shutdown... wasn't entirely sure what was going on.

Maint Question:

Hmm...

System: PS2: Backwards Compatibility FOR THE WIN!

Games: Most rpg games.. not a big fan of poker/racing/sport games. (Though I have played a few of each)

I have played a few card games on it though, yugioh ftw. b:avoid

--

Also like fire emblem on wii/gamecube.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2015
    The PS3, and the Gran Turismo game series. I still need to fix mine from the YLOD b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Xbox 360 and Battlefield Bad Company/BF3 - they lost it with 4 and hardline is just nasty

In fact if im honest i spent more game time on my trusty old commodre Amiga with it's massive 1meg RAM playing such classics like Colonization, Bards Tale, Championship manager 1, Frontier Elite - im old :/
  • _HyperDrive_ - Dreamweaver
    _HyperDrive_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ps I and II Suikoden 1-4
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Xbox 360 & Xbox 1

Final Fantasy XIII 1 & 2
    Dragon Age Inquisition
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Xbox 360 and Battlefield Bad Company/BF3 - they lost it with 4 and hardline is just nasty

In fact if im honest i spent more game time on my trusty old commodre Amiga with it's massive 1meg RAM playing such classics like Colonization, Bards Tale, Championship manager 1, Frontier Elite - im old :/

If I add a few titles to that, it would be spot on imo - Cm '95 italia - Premier Manager 1 - Civ1 - and the Death Knights series..... guess i'm old too b:laugh
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I add a few titles to that, it would be spot on imo - Cm '95 italia - Premier Manager 1 - Civ1 - and the Death Knights series..... guess i'm old too b:laugh

google "home of the underdogs" and you'll find some old classics of the time from such greats like Mircoprose, Bullfrog, Domark, Impressions Games, Maxis (A-Train was awesome!) Sierra Interactive.
  • DaBeastWitIn - Raging Tide
    DaBeastWitIn - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    a game where the programmers actually give a damn and fix issues not laugh at screen and click back on youtube or **** when there done laughingb:angry A game where players arent continually being kicked off with no internet issues of any kind all hail that kinda game for heavens sake b:laughb:surrender
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    atari 2600
    ET
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok showing my age here. I had an Atari gaming systemand loved playing breakout and the original pac man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    atari 2600
    ET

That's terrifying don't even joke about that. b:shocked

Also mine would have to be the Nintendo 64 and game would be Super Mario 64 b:victory
  • Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Zero_Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've got a PS1 and PS2. The PS1 has some excellent RPGs on it--the only types of video games I play, but currently, my favorite games are all on the PS2: Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 + Devil Summoner 2.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GBA.

PS2 and Xbox were cool, but gameboy advance was always my type of console; you can also play gameboy and gameboy color games on it, so it is cool.

My favorite games are fire emblem, some pokemon games, golden sun 2 (1 was meh), metroid - fusion, Summon Night - Swordcraft Story and Yggdra Union.

I still own most games, but I don't have a lot of free time to play them anymore.b:cry
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GBA.

PS2 and Xbox were cool, but gameboy advance was always my type of console; you can also play gameboy and gameboy color games on it, so it is cool.

My favorite games are fire emblem, some pokemon games, golden sun 2 (1 was meh), metroid - fusion, Summon Night - Swordcraft Story and Yggdra Union.

I still own most games, but I don't have a lot of free time to play them anymore.b:cry
    Metroid fusion and Golden Sun were the best games ever
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My first Gaming console was the SEGA Master System, way back in 1986! If anyone had a gaming console in the USA at that time, it was an Atari or NES. The NES was out in 85', but only geeks like me recognized the future in home gaming, and SEGA upped the ante in gaming quality.
    NES was merely a bridge between Atari and SEGA, until home gaming consoles fell into a rut. Nintendo eventually rose out of that rut, to take the lead on steroids!

My favorite is still that SEGA, because it was the real driving force behind pushing home gaming from a fad, into everything you see in home consols AND PC gaming today!
  • X_Maybelle_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Maybelle_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had a lot of fun playing the Nintendo 64 and arcade version of Killer Instinct. Always got a perfect playing against anyone.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The PS3, and the Gran Turismo game series. I still need to fix mine from the YLOD b:surrender

I've repaired the YLOD before. It's pretty easy. However, it does take some time. Also being familiar with electrical engineering would help. Your board needs to be reflowed and you have to apply new high-end thermal pads, because the old ones likely melted. It will take about 4 hours to do it right. Any sooner and you are probably are doing it wrong. When done wrong the board will **** in about a month or two, again.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A specific game on a specific console would be Secret of Mana for the SNES. But I also really enjoyed the Legend of Zelda series across all the platforms it was released on.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2015
    I've repaired the YLOD before. It's pretty easy. However, it does take some time. Also being familiar with electrical engineering would help. Your board needs to be reflowed and you have to apply new high-end thermal pads, because the old ones likely melted. It will take about 4 hours to do it right. Any sooner and you are probably are doing it wrong. When done wrong the board will **** in about a month or two, again.

Method I've got is a full 8-hour cycle, but I need some of the liquid stuff that I can't think of the name of now to re-seat the solder correctly, and the thermal pads. That and time....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Deadly_Force - Raging Tide
    Deadly_Force - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it was stated on the original expansion notes that at a later date those that had a Largest inventory extension stone used would get upgraded to the new largest inventory on a later update.. WHEN will this be happening?? it would Greatly help alot of players.
  • Soleehungwel - Harshlands
    Soleehungwel - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    have liked every console since my magnovox oddesy all had some great games at there times.
    xbox and ps3 versions of rocksmith just love playing that no matter the format and any racing but nothing has equaled gran toruisimo series for realistic cars action
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Keep patching and yet non of the problems have been fixed !!
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When my friend got his playstation all those moons ago we got thumb callouses playing Time Crises and Need for Speed. We had such a ball and were regularly awake at 4-5am when we had to work at 8. Good times and with all the great innovations in gaming, I don't recall (correct me if I'm wrong) any other company since, making a better gaming gun.

Anyway apart from that Playstation, eons ago it was River Raid on my Atari that really did it for me.

Sorry PWE but you haven't yet replicated the pure fun from those old days.
    EDIT - for me anyway i should say.

My son and his mates seem to laugh their heads off for hours on end playing Super Smash Bros on the Wii U, or MINEPLEX.
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi all,

Probably the harvest moon / animal crossing series i love to kill time playing them
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since I belong to the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, there will be nothing but PC. Ever. And ever. And ever ever ever.