Pull to Remove Card Levels

c44102
c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
We all cards are Way too over powered. Thats fine this thread is not to remove cards. This is to see what people think. Personally i feel they are plenty strong enough to where they do not need levels added to them it gives way too much. Lets see how many people feel the same way.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have some questions:

Can you afford to lvl up cards?
    The next question is in case your answer for first question is: NO.
    And if you could afford to lvl up cards would you have made this poll?
    giphy.gif

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lolol

ol

olololol

ololol

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why every now and then I still like to see what new dumbassery someone has cooked up to post on these forums.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c44102
    edited April 2015
    i have some questions:

Can you afford to lvl up cards?
    The next question is in case your answer for first question is: NO.
    And if you could afford to lvl up cards would you have made this poll?

Yes i can
    Yes point is the amount u get from them is too much.You get plenty of Att/Def/Spirt from cards level 1. Having cards is a extra set of gear its a giving. But like gear there needs to be a liment. there not gonna get rid of cards or make them tradeable or even account stashable. They can atleast take away the leveling.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they do not need levels added to them it gives way too much

Following your logic;

We also don't need
    200+ att lvls
    100+ def lvls.
    105 x 3 reawakening
    r9rr gear
    nuemas
    war avatar cards in general
    shards
    refines
    passives
    venos

Unfortunately this isn't Mortal Kombat, this is a MMO and that's what most of them are about, gear progression, people are given a timespan in which to acquire the latest endgame or reasonably close to it, before this ceiling is extended even higher with better more OP gears and on it continues.

As long as everyone has the same access to acquire the gear then it is fair, the only time this will not apply is when there is no gold for sale at the auctioneer.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015
    Following your logic;

We also don't need
    200+ att lvls
    100+ def lvls.
    105 x 3 reawakening
    r9rr gear
    nuemas
    war avatar cards in general
    shards
    refines
    passives
    venos

I dont get the venos thing at the end. Why did you add that to your list?
    giphy.gif

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dont get the venos thing at the end. Why did you add that to your list?

Because kosvenos.
    Venos are the bane of perfect world. They should be banished.
    They are like the fire nation.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ask China. Not gonna happen.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyway there is already a max level.
    Maybe 80 (for S cards) is too high for you, but it does exist. Some people will say that +12 is too high for refines, but well... this is how it has been designed.
    And this not even the end (Astrolab...)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    while having the best cardset on my server at the moment:

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/waravatar/#class=5&a0=105,40,1,1&a1=103,40,2,1&a2=101,40,2,1&a3=102,40,0,1&a4=100,40,2,1&a5=104,40,2,1

i currently get these stats from my cards:

HP: +1685
    Phys. Attack +1370
    Mag. Attack +1370
    Phys. Res.: +1239
    Mag. Res.: +2496
    Spirit +484
    Def. Level +2
    Att. Level +2
    Strength +10
    Vitality +20
    Critical Hit Rate +2%

now compare that to the rest of your gear...

wow so op, need nerf pls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • bryanangelix
    bryanangelix Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol, u r funny xD remove card levels.

im against, and in this pull, its a 9/1 :) i believe only you want to remove that levels.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/waravatar/#class=5&a0=105,40,1,1&a1=103,40,2,1&a2=101,40,2,1&a3=102,40,0,1&a4=100,40,2,1&a5=104,40,2,1

Phys. Attack +1370
    Mag. Attack +1370
    Spirit +484
    Def. Level +2
    Att. Level +2
    Strength +10
    Vitality +20
    Critical Hit Rate +2%

No one has a Nuema Portal set on your server?
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • c44102
    edited April 2015

Phys. Attack +1370
    Mag. Attack +1370
    Spirit +484
    Def. Level +2
    Att. Level +2
    Strength +10
    Vitality +20
    Critical Hit Rate +2%

Grats on A set its great u can pull up PWI Calc and add up the stats there but What isnt added up right is what u actualy get from the stats on char. What u failed to add was u get 2x that because of stat placement - what u get on blue stats. Where the cards go in the stack of our gear is why they are so strong. So even if not get right of leveling move the stack where cards give value. Move them to the end of the stack where they give what it shows on calc. Not that u actualy get 2-3x that due to Stack placement for value in gear. All the PWI Calc shows u is that theres the base numbers you get. Not what u get when equipted in to your char stack with the rest of the gear. Because that number is way higher - the blue stats those stay the same
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I dont think anybody tried to bribe the GM's on our server yet. So, therefore Morai has no Nuema Portal set.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    scruncy wrote: »
    I dont think anybody tried to bribe the GM's on our server yet. So, therefore Morai has no Nuema Portal set.

Neither anybody did that on our server, but there's still a person with the set!
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Tsungchi - Momaganon
    Tsungchi - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Tho morai server got the highest population the are far behind in gear/tw/pvp level. Thats because its still kinda a new server. But more and more people from US servers are moving to EU these days.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    You're being silly and your crusade against leveled cards is just as silly.

Consider the following:

http://mypers.pw/1.8/#119300/119294

Two archers with maxed out attainable (though absurdly unlikely) gears. One has a double re-awakened 6 A-card set. The other has the same set but level 1 and not re-awakened. The OMGWTFBBQ HUEG DIFFERENCE THAT'S TOTALLY NOT NEEDED you're clamoring about boils down to...

1.4k HP
    6.8k phys attack
    2.3k pdef
    3.3k mdef
    and the biggest thing, 314 spirit

... And outside of the spirit, none of that's gonna be noticable to anyone that's not endgame themselves if either archer was attacking you because they'd both 1-shot the vast majority of people while taking barely any damage. Such a totally game breaking difference that's not needed, man!

Now let's compare it to an older gap from when everyone was far weaker, shall we? The classic, G15 vs R9 back when R9 was something new (so no titles, engraves, meridians, cards, or other equips that didn't exist at the time).

http://mypers.pw/1.8/#119349/119341

Looking at it, we see the following pros and cons for R9 over G15
    1k HP
    -600 phys attack (or 300 phys attack above the opponent with R9 ring in use)
    883 pdef (or -960 with R9 ring in use)
    -987 mdef
    -2 crit
    60 attack levels
    10 defense levels

Seems almost balanced til you look at the attack/defense level gap. Even in our current endgame, having that kind of advantage in attack/defense levels is a massive thing and we can hit over 200 of either depending on our class and equipment. Now imagine back then when you didn't have any other real options. Fact of the matter is, max level cards vs unleveled cards is less of a gap (at least until S+ cards become an actual thing) than R9 vs G1 which was a common thing in the past. For a more modern example, having a bunch of weak cards (Like Cs and Bs that aren't in a set) is gonna hurt you more than having a bunch of unleveled cards that are part of a set if you're up against someone with fully leveled cards.

tl;dr: This thread is less necessary than leveling cards because leveled cards that are actually feasable right now have less of an effect than actually having the right cards to begin with.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dreamweaver has 2 nuema portal sets (and I think a few other people are getting close)
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • c44102
    edited April 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You're being silly and your crusade against leveled cards is just as silly.

Consider the following:

http://mypers.pw/1.8/#119300/119294

Two archers with maxed out attainable (though absurdly unlikely) gears. One has a double re-awakened 6 A-card set. The other has the same set but level 1 and not re-awakened. The OMGWTFBBQ HUEG DIFFERENCE THAT'S TOTALLY NOT NEEDED you're clamoring about boils down to...

1.4k HP
    6.8k phys attack
    2.3k pdef
    3.3k mdef
    and the biggest thing, 314 spirit

... And outside of the spirit, none of that's gonna be noticable to anyone that's not endgame themselves if either archer was attacking you because they'd both 1-shot the vast majority of people while taking barely any damage. Such a totally game breaking difference that's not needed, man!

Now let's compare it to an older gap from when everyone was far weaker, shall we? The classic, G15 vs R9 back when R9 was something new (so no titles, engraves, meridians, cards, or other equips that didn't exist at the time).

http://mypers.pw/1.8/#119349/119341

Looking at it, we see the following pros and cons for R9 over G15
    1k HP
    -600 phys attack (or 300 phys attack above the opponent with R9 ring in use)
    883 pdef (or -960 with R9 ring in use)
    -987 mdef
    -2 crit
    60 attack levels
    10 defense levels

Seems almost balanced til you look at the attack/defense level gap. Even in our current endgame, having that kind of advantage in attack/defense levels is a massive thing and we can hit over 200 of either depending on our class and equipment. Now imagine back then when you didn't have any other real options. Fact of the matter is, max level cards vs unleveled cards is less of a gap (at least until S+ cards become an actual thing) than R9 vs G1 which was a common thing in the past. For a more modern example, having a bunch of weak cards (Like Cs and Bs that aren't in a set) is gonna hurt you more than having a bunch of unleveled cards that are part of a set if you're up against someone with fully leveled cards.

tl;dr: This thread is less necessary than leveling cards because leveled cards that are actually feasable right now have less of an effect than actually having the right cards to begin with.

Awesome logic expct my rrr9 +10 809 str barb was hitting a sin not buffed for 200 in nw. Leveled cards give way too much. There is 0 Balance to it. Cards / Spirt levels should not have that big of difference and before u QQ saying o just weak spirt levels im over 700 it shoudnt be that extreme of a difference. O and before u go o it had to be JOSD it wasnt i looked Diety so there wasnt extra Def levels added. So yeah card levels do need to be taken away. It gives too much of a extreme advantage in pvp. Before these stupid cards game out PVP was fun but instead of just adding new gear they was added making PVP 100% unballanced. I would like to see how many other people feel the same way on how they need to be removed. Thats why i made the poll. I know i will get alot of hate on here from people not wanting to see things be changed because they cant handle Balanced pvp anymore if they dont have extreme advantages they just drop like flys.
  • opkossy
    edited April 2015
    c44102 wrote: »
    Awesome logic expct my rrr9 +10 809 str barb was hitting a sin not buffed for 200 in nw. Leveled cards give way too much. There is 0 Balance to it. Cards / Spirt levels should not have that big of difference and before u QQ saying o just weak spirt levels im over 700 it shoudnt be that extreme of a difference. O and before u go o it had to be JOSD it wasnt i looked Diety so there wasnt extra Def levels added. So yeah card levels do need to be taken away. It gives too much of a extreme advantage in pvp. Before these stupid cards game out PVP was fun but instead of just adding new gear they was added making PVP 100% unballanced. I would like to see how many other people feel the same way on how they need to be removed. Thats why i made the poll. I know i will get alot of hate on here from people not wanting to see things be changed because they cant handle Balanced pvp anymore if they dont have extreme advantages they just drop like flys.
    What were you doing to the sin, auto-attacking?

I find it extremely hard to believe your story and odds are you're either omitting something, or exaggerating wildly. I've already shown just why leveling cards doesn't make the difference you're trying to claim. Maybe your cards are just total **** and they actually had good cards; something I already pointed as a source of a greater difference than leveled cards versus unleveled ones.

Either way, I've already shown you that the difference between endgame as far as cards being leveled versus unleveled is nowhere near as extreme as you're trying to pretend. Wanna whine about "balanced" PvP? Go rant about us having gear stronger than Lunar gold since each iteration of new gear beyond that has had a larger impact on PvP than before. Nirvana crushed Lunar. R9 crushed Nirvana. R9 third cast crushes G16. Maxed out cards crush no cards at all. Maxed out cards against decent cards that aren't maxed? Not a huge deal. Imbalances between classes themselves and varying tiers of gear will make a much larger impact than unleveled cards vs the exact same cards but leveled.

I've shown my work and have the experience to back that up. How about you try doing the same rather than doing the typical QQ with no actual evidence people tend to do when they go from being OP to not being the top dogs anymore. Let's not forget the last time someone was complaining about how they do such horrible damage while being in such good gear (A BM, if I recall correctly) it turned out that their gear and build had much to be improved upon.

Edit: Also why are you whining about them not adding new gear? Cards ARE gear. Just in a form that doesn't make the older endgame completely obsolete. Or are you pissed off that you can't buy some new set of R10 or whatever and steamroll the competition that's now in old outdated gear? Because your same whining about a lack of balance and stuff being overpowered is EXACTLY what happens when new gear comes out. See TT90 s Lunar. Lunar vs Nirvana. Nirvana vs R9. R9 vs R9 recast. R9 recast vs R9 third cast. So all you're doing is QQing that the gear you want is in a form that you don't like.
  • c44102
    edited April 2015
    Actuly no .... no auto attack at all hell even some squad members with over 900 spirt levels was doing the same damage.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    He was probably in SoG b:chuckle
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015
    OP someone already explained to you in the first page but I think you ignore it so Im going to say it too:

''This Is A MMO And That's What Most Of Them Are About, Gear Progression, People Are Given A Timespan In Which To Acquire The Latest Endgame Or Reasonably Close To It, Before This Ceiling Is Extended Even Higher With Better More OP Gears And On It Continues.''

And gear progression is what keeps the game alive. That what makes end game players keep playing the game. The posibility to improve more and more everyday.
    And its more to come cause on the next content update we''ll get the astrolabe system.
    There is no logical reason to remove cards levels.
    The fact is given an advantage to others is no reason.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    edited April 2015
    Actuly no .... no auto attack at all hell even some squad members with over 900 spirt levels was doing the same damage.
    ... *facepalm*

You had squad members with over 900 spirit and they were doing low damage too? Considering that you'd need to have... ya know... the leveled cards you're saying are oh so OP to get over 900 spirit, it means that the cards were not the issue here. Why? Because both sides of that fight would have had leveled cards!

So congratulations on using an example that shows more that you and your squad didn't know what they were doing than shows that leveled cards are supposedly OP.
    He was probably in SoG b:chuckle
    After that post, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Or the sin could have used one of the many damage reducing apoth/genie skills too.
  • c44102
    edited April 2015
    ... *facepalm*

You had squad members with over 900 spirit and they were doing low damage too? Considering that you'd need to have... ya know... the leveled cards you're saying are oh so OP to get over 900 spirit, it means that the cards were not the issue here. Why? Because both sides of that fight would have had leveled cards!

So congratulations on using an example that shows more that you and your squad didn't know what they were doing than shows that leveled cards are supposedly OP.

After that post, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Or the sin could have used one of the many damage reducing apoth/genie skills too.

ok so unbuffed means has apoth/sog on it gotcha i guess on everyone screen it can show that but o no the know it all mod that honestly seems like u dont know **** just wants to put in his 2 cents that isnt worth 1/10 of a cent so dude shut up
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015
    If I remember corectly Kossy is a she.
    And now you start being rude cause People dont agree with you.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    edited April 2015
    ok so unbuffed means has apoth/sog on it gotcha i guess on everyone screen it can show that but o no the know it all mod that honestly seems like u dont know **** just wants to put in his 2 cents that isnt worth 1/10 of a cent so dude shut up
    Claiming I know nothing when you already manged to conveniently forgot the obvious about your side having leveled cards too but wanting to claim the cards were the crux of your inability to deal damage? Yeah that's not the smartest move.

SoG isn't a buff. It's a debuff. So another strike against your act about knowing anything relevant. On top of that, apoth and genie skills do have limited durations and you're the one who, thus far, has made a claim that nobody with PvP experience at high gears would say is reasonable and without exaggeration.... because it isn't.

Take your own advice because the only one here who's clueless would be yourself. From a purely objective standpoint in comparison to past improvements in gear, the ability to level your cards from their base is not overpowered. At all.

Of course, all anyone has to do is take a quick look at what's happened here. The fact that you've completely ignored the logic and facts in my statements and have to resort to trying to attack my credibility, especially when my knowledge has been proven to be far more accurate than anything you've been able to bring to the table, shows that you're well aware that your supposed argument has been thoroughly dismantled.
    If I remember corectly Kossy is a she.
    And now you start being rude cause People dont agree with you.
    You do indeed remember correctly! b:pleased
  • c44102
    edited April 2015
    Claiming I know nothing when you already manged to conveniently forgot the obvious about your side having leveled cards too but wanting to claim the cards were the crux of your inability to deal damage? Yeah that's not the smartest move.

SoG isn't a buff. It's a debuff. So another strike against your act about knowing anything relevant. On top of that, apoth and genie skills do have limited durations and you're the one who, thus far, has made a claim that nobody with PvP experience at high gears would say is reasonable and without exaggeration.... because it isn't.

Take your own advice because the only one here who's clueless would be yourself. From a purely objective standpoint in comparison to past improvements in gear, the ability to level your cards from their base is not overpowered. At all.

Of course, all anyone has to do is take a quick look at what's happened here. The fact that you've completely ignored the logic and facts in my statements and have to resort to trying to attack my credibility, especially when my knowledge has been proven to be far more accurate than anything you've been able to bring to the table, shows that you're well aware that your supposed argument has been thoroughly dismantled.

Dude just Shut up my poll is to see who Agree's i see you dont o well i dont care if u a Mod doesnt agree .... Anyways pull is there for who does/does not
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please write in something resembling a language Mr. FailBeast.
  • opkossy
    edited April 2015
    Dude just Shut up my poll is to see who Agree's i see you dont o well i dont care if u a Mod doesnt agree .... Anyways pull is there for who does/does not

It's a public forum and I'm stating my view in a non-insulting way while presenting relevant facts to support it. I'm quite allowed to do so regardless of if you like it or not. If you can't accept people not agreeing with you and providing data to back that up, that's your issue. Me being a mod or not also has nothing to do with that fact.

Telling me to shut up repeatedly doesn't help you in any way and isn't going to convince anyone to support your opinion. You could always choose to simply... not respond. I feel bad for you considering you get this worked up over me pointing out facts. Imagining how you'd be acting if I was heavily trolling you instead makes me kinda laugh, honestly.
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015

Ok let me try to explain to you:

On the first post you made on your thread you said you want to see what people think.
    You said that you feel they are plenty strong enough to where they do not need levels added to
    them it gives way too much( im assuming you were talking about cards here).And that you wanted to see how many people feel the same way.

And this is what you got:
    Out of 19 ppl that voted only 3 feel the way you do.
    The other 16 dont agree with you.

But now you becoming rude to a person cause she doesnt agree with you.
    You cant stand the fact that we all that commented on this thread arent on your side.
    If you behave this way NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
    We wouldnt come on your side even if you werent rude.
    Accept the fact that in this life some people wont share your point of view.
    GROW UP.
    giphy.gif