So what gives? No News?

Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
So what gives here...

A few observations...

New sales came Tuesday after maintenance, like always..however, there is NO NEWS POST regarding what said sales are (yes, I figured it out on my own), or WHEN they end, perhaps the most important part - pretty standard by now to assume two weeks, but come on.

Almost ALWAYS there has been some sort of weekend promotion since I returned to the game, usually announced between Thursday mid day between reset that night - here we are two hours post reset, and ZERO announcement on anything going on there, AND it's a holiday weekend to boot?

Speaking of holiday weekend - normally we'd get something fun - an event, or a special sale/promotion, or exp/drops, or something...Nope, nothing...

Has PWI forgotten about us? Is this the ended we've all been dreading for 5 years? OR is it just someone went on vacation and another rocket scientist forgot to pick up their job duties for the week?

Now is time for mr Surtr to define his time, will he stand up and roar, or sit back and purr?
Post edited by Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    About the news post, ok you're right on that part.

About the entitlement to events? Lol. There are already events running, and they last till when, somewhere in may?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the "no news post" issue is due to the "no CM" issue...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Story of pwi's life lol

Yah a bit of 2x wouldnt go a miss for the easter weekend but chances are no one will see this from high up so its 30 secs of my life wasted b:shutup
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2015
    I couldnt give a rip less if we get an event or not...

My bigger point is the fact the new sales came in without an announcement, leading me to believe that quite possibly there IS a promotion running this weekend that we do not know about due to no announcement, there could possibly be some kind of Easter event we don't know about for the same reason

If nothing else, at least give us an acknowledgement posting.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    when did the DFP sale start?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you have a giant bunny, make your own event. b:pleased

E.g. "LFM for easter parade in east archo, bring ur giant bunny, fashion in green+ yellow appreciated, no weapons

Link pictures in forum. Win b:victory
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No news, no new contents and no new codes, why ? Because this game is dead.
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No news, no new contents and no new codes, why ? Because this game is dead.

The game is as dead as the players are. LC server is alive. Forum trolls are not the game.

Complain, if there is an issue, a real reason. There isn't one atm. This is a chinese product.

We are getting the chinese events now, because the company has obviously troubles to stay alive on the tough market. Atm they don't have the money/people to create new content just for the pwi version. We get their anniversary now, not our own ones. Chinese don't have a christian majority/tradition, so there is no need to celebrate easter.

Complain, when they are making big mistakes, like the ocean orb disaster.
    Or complain, when little failures happen, like the disappearing sparkling crystals.
    Make a petition to fix the tele/stuck glitch exploit.

But don't complain if you are just out of fantasy.
    Make a comic strip with your own screenshots.
    Explore and enjoy the new landscapes.
    Make your own events.
    Work on your gear, weapons, skills.
    There is always something to do in this game.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not dead its just ran by the same people with alts galore.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2015
    So lets bump this to the top

Two weeks in a row, while we get new sales, we don't get an announcement on what the hell they are or how long they will last - yeah, nice marketing PWI

on top of that, theres been no word of what, if any, "weekend promos" are running this weekend or last - we got the announcement for the login thing, but thats IT...I have a tough time believing that this cash grabbing machine is not spitting out either an S card raffle, or some kind of charge/spend rewards promo to generate more money...I think they are there, we just don't know it due to lack of communication.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Maybe the staff have been abducted by aliens who are able to push the sales changing buttons but don't know how to communicate with our odd language? b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    theres been no word of what, if any, "weekend promos" are running this weekend or last - we got the announcement for the login thing, but thats IT.

b:surrender Notified last minute giving us all a nice big chance at logging the wrong toon for rewards.
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015

What did I miss? What happened to sparkie? :/
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah, no kidding...where'd sparks go? b:bye
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Crazy Frog found his way into the PWI control center, and did what Crazy frog does! He punched around on every button he could find, now all PWI staff are busy trying to correct the results of Crazy Frogs antics!
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Maybe the staff have been abducted by aliens who are able to push the sales changing buttons but don't know how to communicate with our odd language? b:chuckle

So we are referred to the SETI project for future info about sales then? b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DeadSlice - Sanctuary
    DeadSlice - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You might want to check the PWI News section on the Arc site; they typically still do updates there. In fact, there was a weekly sales blog put up on the 14th describing the sales... b:surrender
    "I'm sure we'll be fine; Clerics are overrated." *promptly killed by boss* "Um, that's never happened before? b:surrender"
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Yeah. They've retroactively added them. At the time of this thread (and the posts within) none of those were actually there.

I guess we'll see if this means they'll update properly after today's maint.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015

ROFLMAOooo!!! b:laughb:laugh

{b:pleased} OMG!! The new "Demonic Warrior" Pet, looks like "The Shredder" from
    "TMNT" {b:pleased}

b:chuckle
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I see the news were added. Was there a maintenance post too?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2015
    I see the news were added. Was there a maintenance post too?

If they posted one now, it would probably confuse people into thinking there's another one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • motherhen
    motherhen Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    expect little else just like MAIN ARC page shows last MONTHS spend promo no mention 5 weeks later of new 1 or removal of old promo,lack of information is typical PWI like server going down was TOTALLY ignored and shoved under the carpet.