What's up with the level 1 bot clerics flying around Arch?

LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I see several of these level 1 flying clerics botting around Archosaur to all the catshops/NPCs/random spots 24/7 all of a sudden.
Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by LuckingFoco - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People are doing that on HT too. No clue what da heck is going on haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's clearly a bot but as to what it's doing I can only guess.

Some possibilities:

1) searching for mispriced items
    2) searching for items being sold cheaper than what other shops are buying at.
    3) building a searchable database of catshops for convenience
    4) tracking market prices of items to automate buy/sell repricing
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pwi will nerf catshop prices to 1 coin b:chuckle
  • cucujanu
    cucujanu Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rofl...

There is a website with all the catshops with their items listed.
    You search for a item? By a click of a button you can see all catshops for this item with their sell/buy price.
    This is the most convenient thing ever and I find it rather sad that this has to be provided by a third party and not by pwi itself.

Btw. , this website exist since years only the *checking bots* are named more abvuiosly now.
    Everbody I know is using this , so please leave those bots alone b:victory
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cucujanu wrote: »
    rofl...

You search for a item? By a click of a button you can see all catshops for this item with their sell/buy price.
    This is the most convenient thing ever and I find it rather sad that this has to be provided by a third party and not by pwi itself.

Btw. , this website exist since years only the *checking bots* are named more abvuiosly now.

And people wonder why accounts get ****. 3rd party website...no thanks
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015

There's nothing wrong with 3rd party websites. I assume you don't have to stick in your login info to get said information from the site. So what harm is there really? (none)
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You don't need to register there, all main functions are available in guest status. It's really very convenient and saves a lot of time b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cucujanu wrote: »
    rofl...

PWI does provide a similar service but it's not free (Consignment shop). Since they're losing income by this third party bot/shopservice I suppose they'll eventually slap a banhammer on it. Tbh, they should just have done away with catshops and use the consignment shop for everything. A lot more convenient and it generates a lot less load on their system since those damn cats don't need to be logged in all the time.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • KuroiKaze - Dreamweaver
    KuroiKaze - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what is this website? cant find anything thru google, that or i'm using wrong search term :(
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can't you tell by the language usage of the people who know of the site, that they don't want anyone else to know. They keep using words like "there" and "a website." Obviously they think the website is giving them an (unfair) edge and are thus going to attempt to keep it a secret.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited April 2015
    PWI does provide a similar service but it's not free (Consignment shop). Since they're losing income by this third party bot/shopservice I suppose they'll eventually slap a banhammer on it. Tbh, they should just have done away with catshops and use the consignment shop for everything. A lot more convenient and it generates a lot less load on their system since those damn cats don't need to be logged in all the time.
    Consigment shop has nothing to do with catshops database and it's not service, it's just a list of cats and items they sell/buy for faster search (while main advantage of consigment shop is offline trading). It doesn't harm pwe in any way. Only makes players' life easier.

Can't you tell by the language usage of the people who know of the site, that they don't want anyone else to know. They keep using words like "there" and "a website." Obviously they think the website is giving them an (unfair) edge and are thus going to attempt to keep it a secret.
    No secrets. But it's not english, that's why not too popular here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's clearly a bot but as to what it's doing I can only guess.

Some possibilities:

1) searching for mispriced items
    2) searching for items being sold cheaper than what other shops are buying at.
    3) building a searchable database of catshops for convenience
    4) tracking market prices of items to automate buy/sell repricing

This is a **** , That thing flying around isn't a player in game .
    You can't check it's inventory , It doesn't exist . for sure it's not a registered player in PWI database .

Yup most likely it's collecting data . But that's too smart ...what ever is doing needs a system to compare prices with and give a notice when needed .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited April 2015
    No secrets. But it's not english, that's why not too popular here.

Linky then?

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it is a russian website and the owner, as far as i know, also sells (yes for real money) clientless catshops and jolly-jones bots. all of this got mentioned a few times here, but as usual, nobody cared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is at least one on Morai as well.
    Never heard of a website listing the items for Morai though and I don't really see what the owner would earn with this kind of website.
    Some of Asterelle's assumptions sound more interesting.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yah there is one on Morai called "saleschecker" and it flies around checking all the cat shops - up and down all day and night long
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yup, those bots are active on lc server for years too.

I also saw at least 9 JoJ dig bots last week (at perfect grinding machine of city of lost).

The botters know very well that nothing will ever happen to them and acted very offensive
    (they were all in same faction, all on anniversary mount, most of them had a "x" at start of their names... ==> this person did even not try to hide).

I thought about reporting them. But well.. I reported bots so often over the last 6-7 years and it was never successful (even when 1st replies of the GMs were written manually, the later ones were just "copy and paste" nonsense).

I suppose we just have to be glad that dq items have zero value now. This killed at least the smelly fishes.

If a GM would pm me, I could tell the names + faction.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited April 2015
    Linky then?
    Do you want me to advertise a "service" which in some ppl opinion deserves a banhammer and should be burned with fire? b:embarrass
    I hope they religiously report every wall/door hacker they meet in hh, watch 3d party bots and contact support regularly to provide what rules breaking they find. Why do they need this link then? Less people know about it, less "harm" it does :3

Never heard of a website listing the items for Morai though and I don't really see what the owner would earn with this kind of website.
    What Asterelle earned, making numerous calcs for pw? What pwcals creators earned by coding and publishing them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited April 2015
    Why do they need this link then? Less people know about it, less "harm" it does :3

Nope. If a select group of people know about it, they have an advantage over other players. And then it does harm. If everyone knows about it, it will get abused massively and then the devs/GMs will be forced to step in. Often the only way to get this **** the attention it deserves... sad truth.

Everything in the open. Level the playing field. If that destroys the game, so be it. But equality is fairness.

• Marengo - Lost City
    edited April 2015
    Nope. If a select group of people know about it, they have an advantage over other players. And then it does harm. If everyone knows about it, it will get abused massively and then the devs/GMs will be forced to step in. Often the only way to get this **** the attention it deserves... sad truth.

Everything in the open. Level the playing field. If that destroys the game, so be it. But equality is fairness.
    Let me make an example: there is a wonderful site http://pwdatabase.com/ which is usually ignored by many ppl because "too long, lazy to retype address", "i don't know how to search there" and "what is it?" and many other reasons. Do you consider it as an "unfair advantage"? In the times when there was no ingame encyclopedia or autopath pwdatabase also worked as "****" providing info about mobs and drops you was supposed to find manually in game. Here it's the same story. No abusing, but if you are against "hacks", check cats manually. No one forces anyone to use "3d party websites".

I don't consider every bot harmful, illegal or rule breaking just because it's a bot (we have extremely useful forum bot which is loved by everyone, after all) but general aggressiveness towards bots and websites doesn't encourage me to link anything openly b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • cucujanu
    cucujanu Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1 Marengo

I kinda already regret that I said something in the first place.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is at least one on Morai as well.
    Some of Asterelle's assumptions sound more interesting.

at some point morai was even the only server that showed ONLINE on that website. morai also seems to be the new main-server for the lovely russian community that moved over fromtheir own pw version.

and what the owner would earn from the website? read my previous comment.

he sells clientless catshop bots and gives them the tools to be successfull on the market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited April 2015
    Let me make an example: there is a wonderful site http://pwdatabase.com/ which is usually ignored by many ppl because "too long, lazy to retype address", "i don't know how to search there" and "what is it?" and many other reasons. Do you consider it as an "unfair advantage"? In the times when there was no ingame encyclopedia or autopath pwdatabase also worked as "****" providing info about mobs and drops you was supposed to find manually in game. Here it's the same story. No abusing, but if you are against "hacks", check cats manually. No one forces anyone to use "3d party websites".

Comparison doesn't hold. If I know that "pwdatabase.com" exists/existed and was too lazy to check there, then it is my choice to not go there. But I have that choice, just as other players who do go there. Now, my example, combined with yours:
    10 people play the game and want to grind some mobs for a specific drop. 5 of them know of pwdatabase.com - 3 of them look up which mob is best to farm. 2 are too lazy and just start bashing baddies. The other 5 don't know of pwdatabase and, even though 3 of them too want to be efficient, can't do anything but to grind manually.
    Result? 3 players are ahead of the curve and finish a lot faster. 2 of them could have been faster but chose not to. 5 of them did not have any choice and are left behind in respect to the first 3.

THAT is what I consider unfair, and why I want the existance of such sites to be public knowledge.

As for the clientless cats - risky to use them, as it's childs play to program in a "client ident" function at any given time and post those in an update - then have the server detect and automatically close accounts that make use of such cats. Modified clients/custom clients aren't safe. Ever.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have no useful input on bots in general, but reporting that this bot system is being used on Sanctuary as well. I have noticed it start to incline in the last few days to a week so this is not an isolated incident
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As for the clientless cats - risky to use them, as it's childs play to program in a "client ident" function at any given time and post those in an update - then have the server detect and automatically close accounts that make use of such cats. Modified clients/custom clients aren't safe. Ever.

PWE has not the staff to do anything. I bet the staff members are underpaid and unmotivated. And at least some of those even unskilled and unqualified (which does demotivate the skilled and qualified staff even more).

They can be glad when they have the enough people to update the servers every week and enough for book keeping.

If a (real) in-game disaster happens, they normally don't understand it. They killed several times rewards which took legit players years to obtain. Without even recognizing the problem. They also obviously never read in forum.

I bet they didn't hire software developers (to expensive). Maybe most of the staff members are even not gamers. For (at least some) pwe employees the games of the company are "just games". All complains are just nerd rages of overreacting childs in their eyes. But that's not true. Games like pwi are not "just games". They are time-consuming and/or expensive hobbies, just like most other hobbies too.

They also have obviously too many games to monitor. If you tell them that you sold a rank9-releated item to a npc by accident, they just think "and? buy another one little stupid kid, don't annoy me".

If you tell them that there are grinding bots around for years, always at same game location, 24h per day, they just have no clue what this means.

I bet if you would ask the staff, which is responsible for the pwi, what an "advanced grinding machine" or a BH100 is, most couldn't not tell you.

It's the same as everywhere. Staff members which are quiet and cheap are wanted, staff members which don't wake up/bother their superiors. If you show that you have knowledge, education and motivation, you are dangerous.
    Greetings from Germany b:bye
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    at some point morai was even the only server that showed ONLINE on that website. morai also seems to be the new main-server for the lovely russian community that moved over fromtheir own pw version.

and what the owner would earn from the website? read my previous comment.

he sells clientless catshop bots and gives them the tools to be successfull on the market.

LoL , yea sure Russians are the problem here , our server had clientless catshop bots since years already or you forgot them ?Pm me i will remind you with names then .
    As for the site it spares huge amount of time if you are looking for something and evryone can use it -at least for morai version- and most of people do.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can also **** with the bots, and keep moving your catshop with artificially low or raised prices so the flying bot goes to them and uses your rigged prices so others use the bad numbers. That way you don't have to go to the website, and you still benefit from it while **** over everyone trying to keep it secret. It's like an all around win situation for you, just make sure nobody can buy any artificially lowered prices.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A quick google search will actually provide you with a few options at varying levels of relevance/updatedness/english language.

There is one I was able to locate in Russian but don't have the time to google translate it to figure it out right now if this one is up to date.

PM me if you want the urls to play with. Only catch is you have to let me know if you are able to get the websites to work so we can figure out if one of these are the "right" option that is being used.

PS one link leads to malicious content. Be careful what you click on when you google stuff like this.
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    laikiraski wrote: »

LoL , yea sure Russians are the problem here , our server had clientless catshop bots since years already or you forgot them ?Pm me i will remind you with names then .
    As for the site it spares huge amount of time if you are looking for something and evryone can use it -at least for morai version- and most of people do.

I don't care if the Pope himself benefits from these bots. If they are doing something that goes against the ToS, something that the rest of us would get banned for if someone wanted to put in a ticket, then they should be banned/stopped/eradicated from all of the servers.
    -snip-
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)