PWI console

Options
ForlornSkies - Heavens Tear
ForlornSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Does anyone have any idea if and when PWI will be ported of to the console like never winter? I love this game I just can't see paying the PC version anymore the game economy is so messed up from the original anniversary packs and subsequent packs for offering 10 mil in game currency, everything is hyperinflated and really takes away from the game. I believe a fresh start is in order.
Post edited by ForlornSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I doubt it will ever happen.b:surrender
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It can happen if the public tells them it can.

A lot of us have consoles....consoles that can take this game to the next level, consoles that we didn't have when PWI first started out in North America and Europe.

I would drop the computer version and start from absolute scratch so fast, my computer would feel like one of those one night stands that seemed to stretch on for 7 years.

I feel that with Neverwinter being on console successfully, if the PWI audience made a demand strong enough for PWCN to hear, it may just work.

Please, please, please....bring PWI to my PS4. PLEASE! b:cry
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Remember that consoles were banned in China for several years until very recently. This means that software engineers in China are very rusty or inexperienced with consoles. I wouldn't expect them to have the ability or even want to port it anytime soon (low number of people own consoles in China). Also remember that this game relies solely on the x86 processor architecture, which means the easiest port would only be for the newest consoles which use the backwards compatible x86-64 architecture. So only those with a PS4 or Xbox One could play it hypothetically. No Wii U.
    A lot of us have consoles....consoles that can take this game to the next level...

Wha...? My computer has better everything than all of the current consoles combined. I don't see how a console can take this game to the next level. I guess it will help get a few more people to play it. I don't think it'll just overwhelmingly increase the number of people playing though. Especially when you consider the number of total MMORPGs that are available nowadays (it's over 100) and that look better than PW.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It can happen if the public tells them it can.

A lot of us have consoles....consoles that can take this game to the next level, consoles that we didn't have when PWI first started out in North America and Europe.

I would drop the computer version and start from absolute scratch so fast, my computer would feel like one of those one night stands that seemed to stretch on for 7 years.

I feel that with Neverwinter being on console successfully, if the PWI audience made a demand strong enough for PWCN to hear, it may just work.

Please, please, please....bring PWI to my PS4. PLEASE! b:cry

neverwinter is developed and published by cryptic studios. pwe/arc/steam/gfwl and the like are all simply server hosts. pwe has absolutly nothing to do with neverwinter being published for the xbone and other consoles.

this is like going to a steam forum for tf2 and asking when it will be released for a system because halo is so popular for the xbone.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Would love to see how they would make it possible to use the diffrent skills my bm use + mp/hp/other pots on a console controller, a game like NW has or had when i played it much less stuff to activate through shortcuts or buttons, makeing it better suited for console imo
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wha...? My computer has better everything than all of the current consoles combined. I don't see how a console can take this game to the next level. I guess it will help get a few more people to play it. I don't think it'll just overwhelmingly increase the number of people playing though. Especially when you consider the number of total MMORPGs that are available nowadays (it's over 100) and that look better than PW.

I was just about to mention this. b:surrender
  • ForlornSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2015
    Options

I do believe PC's are better with the ability to upgrade components, although with my pc hardware pushing 10yrs old i see no graphical difference in the game at max settings (personal experience may not be everyones case) i think this game would do just fine on consoles personally the game is visually stunning, expansive and the music is very enjoyable (personal opinion) as well as there is hours of content from twilight mats dungeons for 60 weapons and 70-90's weapons and armor as well as the lvl 80 frost gear dungeon and the lvl 90 lunar gear dungeon as well as other dungeons I'm not mentioning or know about as well. As well as skill variants like heaven and hell versions of skills, after lvl 100 i have no idea what there is beings i quit playing at lvl 84 on my wizard and 63 on my psychic due to all the anniversary packs and subsequent packs after with the 10mil in game currency everything became to inflated in price and took away from free to play in my opinion. I doubt many people remember gold prices being between 250-350k (depending on cash shop sales of course) hell even when it pushes 400k each i thought it was a bit much, although looking back i'd take 400k any day over the 1.5mil or whatever gold prices are at now. i still hop on from time to time to see the new years anniversary rewards and do the dailies once in a great moon.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

A lot of us have consoles....consoles that can take this game to the next level, consoles that we didn't have when PWI first started out in North America and Europe....

Total Number of Computers Sold All Time
    http://www.statisticbrain.com/computer-sales-statistics/

Total number of consoles sold ...
    __439,000,000.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_gaming_platforms
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Neverwinter (and other recent MMOs, like Swordsman or that one about old rolled-up parchments) was designed to be console friendly, with just a handful of hotkeyed skills, the rest not useable without switching out some of the currently hotkeyed skills. PW has a completely different design philosophy, with at least 17 skills, abilities and/or items accessible from hotkeys, with another up to 56 just a mouse click away. It just wouldn't work as a console game without a complete overhaul, which isn't likely to happen, and would seriously affect play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Neverwinter (and other recent MMOs, like Swordsman or that one about old rolled-up parchments) was designed to be console friendly, with just a handful of hotkeyed skills, the rest not useable without switching out some of the currently hotkeyed skills. PW has a completely different design philosophy, with at least 17 skills, abilities and/or items accessible from hotkeys, with another up to 56 just a mouse click away. It just wouldn't work as a console game without a complete overhaul, which isn't likely to happen, and would seriously affect play.

I'd still take a ported version requiring a keyboard for skills mapping if a controller isn't feasible, i'd imagine the select would work as a toggle to switch between skill bars since you'd be extremely limited on skill hot keys with A,X,Y,B left and right trigger left and right bumpers could also be used to bring up secondary toggle between skills. if anyone said it'd be a nightmare to figure out i'd have to agree, if successful i'd shut right up and give them my money b:dirty
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea if and when PWI will be ported of to the console like never winter? I love this game I just can't see paying the PC version anymore the game economy is so messed up from the original anniversary packs and subsequent packs for offering 10 mil in game currency, everything is hyperinflated and really takes away from the game. I believe a fresh start is in order.

Im sorry but how exactly moving to console it will change the game economy?
    Do you think it will stop being a P2W game?
    b:laugh
    giphy.gif

• NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do believe PC's are better with the ability to upgrade components, although with my pc hardware pushing 10yrs old i see no graphical difference in the game at max settings (personal experience may not be everyones case) i think this game would do just fine on consoles personally...

I wasn't saying the game wouldn't work on consoles (read paragraph above), I was saying that I didn't see how a console could take this game to the "next level" because it's old (Although maybe I didn't use clear enough language). Above that I wrote that China has a low PC to console ratio with PC being many times higher due to consoles being banned in the country for 13 years. Since PW is developed in China, the Chinese need to see a market for PW as a console game. They likely don't, so we're unlikely to see it happen. Plus, both Sony and Microsoft require submitted games to be usable with controllers. If PW is not usable with a regular controller, they will decline the game. Trust me, I'm a, off-work-time game developer, they've done this to fellow devs before.

I was also wondering this. I would like to know how a port would fix the game economy. Unless they were saying that it would not only be a port, but a completely separately run port. Kind of like Phantasy Star for the Xbox and PC were running on differently handled servers.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You could always just hook your comp up to your tv if you want it that badly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited April 2015
    Options

I never said anything about it getting rid of pay to win that's just a fact of life with these games I was only referring to the sole fact of the in game currency pay to win portion with out directly selling gold. The grab box's (ie anniversary pack and the like) ability to give game currency ruins the game being there isn't enough coin sinks, a least not when I played anyways. As far as the economy thing a new server or a ported version would not have these issues immediately while it is no garuntee that it'll eliminate the issue it wouldn't be hard to remove that particular reward from the exchange for those tokens of best luck or whenever they are called, those buggers ruined the game economy and hyper inflated everything. While I could afford to buy zen I choose not to because I don't want to feel obligated to buy zen just to enjoy the game. My PC is connected to my TV doesn't work as well as I thought while the screen as signicanlty larger the text is to small to read from where I sit approx 4 ft from a 40in tv
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Believe me, it won't take long for a new server to have a similar economy to the old ones. I saw it happen on Lothranis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I never said anything about it getting rid of pay to win that's just a fact of life with these games I was only referring to the sole fact of the in game currency pay to win portion with out directly selling gold. The grab box's (ie anniversary pack and the like) ability to give game currency ruins the game being there isn't enough coin sinks, a least not when I played anyways. As far as the economy thing a new server or a ported version would not have these issues immediately while it is no garuntee that it'll eliminate the issue it wouldn't be hard to remove that particular reward from the exchange for those tokens of best luck or whenever they are called, those buggers ruined the game economy and hyper inflated everything. While I could afford to buy zen I choose not to because I don't want to feel obligated to buy zen just to enjoy the game. My PC is connected to my TV doesn't work as well as I thought while the screen as signicanlty larger the text is to small to read from where I sit approx 4 ft from a 40in tv

Im sorry to destroy your dream but if you think that moving PW to a console will take out tokens of luck or gold or packs you are wrong.
    For you and me this is a game, we play it for fun time.
    For wanmei this is a bussiness. They run it to make money.
    If 0 players will buy Zen how they will keep up the servers running?
    How they will pay their employess?
    If you were in charge of wanmei how would you keep the game alive and pay your workers?
    giphy.gif

edited April 2015
    Options
    Im sorry to destroy your dream but if you think that moving PW to a console will take out tokens of luck or gold or packs you are wrong.
    For you and me this is a game, we play it for fun time.
    For wanmei this is a bussiness. They run it to make money.
    If 0 players will buy Zen how they will keep up the servers running?
    How they will pay their employess?
    If you were in charge of wanmei how would you keep the game alive and pay your workers?

i never said anything about removing the tokens just the option to exchange tokens for in game currency at the npc, everything else can stay as it is there is nothing wrong with the rest of the system other then people not working for high end gear but is still obtainable for people who don't use cash shop.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    Options
    High end gear is obtainable by people who don't cash shop. It takes a lot of time and work, but can be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i never said anything about removing the tokens just the option to exchange tokens for in game currency at the npc, everything else can stay as it is there is nothing wrong with the rest of the system other then people not working for high end gear but is still obtainable for people who don't use cash shop.

i do believe i mentioned this?!?!?!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Your wording threw me off.

Changing it to a console game (assuming that was possible, which it isn't without a major redesign which isn't in the realm of likelyhood) isn't going to change any of the things you're complaining about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Your wording threw me off.

Changing it to a console game (assuming that was possible, which it isn't without a major redesign which isn't in the realm of likelyhood) isn't going to change any of the things you're complaining about.

You very well may be right about it being out of the realm of likelyhood i'm sad to say inclined to agree it'd be a huge mess to figure out all the mapping for skills and other stuff to make the game run smoothly
    I thoroughly agree those packs did a lot of damage considering it only took two token of best luck or something like that to get 10 mil in game cash couple that with people with mommies and daddies credit care or people who could afford spending thousands of dollars on this game. While there are a lot of variables like how often one would get said tokens out of x number of packs opened, but for easy maths sake we'll 20,000 could afford to spend $1500 just for packs and say they each just got the 10 mil 1 time that's 200,000,000,000 in game cash flooded in in a short time and we all know $1500 would net you more then just 10mil it'd be considerably more again number are not accurate just an idea of the impact of said packs

This is more or less what I'm complaining about again number are not accurate it paints a good picture of why I'd complain in the first place. A console version may not get rid of it at all, although removing just that said function and keeping everything else in the packs is fine and would still net large amounts of money. Dont even need to remove the tokens just the exchange reward of 10 mil
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You very well may be right about it being out of the realm of likelyhood i'm sad to say inclined to agree it'd be a huge mess to figure out all the mapping for skills and other stuff to make the game run smoothly

This is more or less what I'm complaining about again number are not accurate it paints a good picture of why I'd complain in the first place. A console version may not get rid of it at all, although removing just that said function and keeping everything else in the packs is fine and would still net large amounts of money. Dont even need to remove the tokens just the exchange reward of 10 mil

You are wrong.
    Thats your plan, thats your idea if you were in charge of PW.
    Doesnt mean its wanmei plan in case they will ever think to make the game available on console.
    Which they wont cause I dont see how could they make money out of it. Well they will probably make money but not enough.
    giphy.gif