64 bag Slots

Options
tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
So as I understand it some people who had maximum bag pre expansion are still able to expand up to 80 slots with normal inventory expansion stones. I personally am unable to expand past the original 64 slot maximum - what sucks about this is that I went ahead and purchased the stones required thinking I would be able to expand to 80 slots.

What's your experience with this "community"? b:sad

What's your progress on fixing this "GM's"? b:angry

- Thank you.
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet as I wanted to wait and see what happens with this.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ... How exactly did you make that mistake after posting in the thread where Surtr's pointed out what would happen and that they're still working on it not even a good three days ago?

And yet you still felt the need to make a new thread about it? Really?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i believe the people who used normal stones are able to continue the upgrade. The people who used super stones are unable to benefit from the expansion due to a bug as mentioned in the patch notes.

The good news is that its probably a high demand item so sell them off at a mark up and twiddle your thumbs like the rest of us who spent good money to have the best and dont b:shocked
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    **buts into this private meeting with my joke suit on and weird make up**

psst ...stop being a pack rat.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    So as I understand it some people who had maximum bag pre expansion are still able to expand up to 80 slots with normal inventory expansion stones. I personally am unable to expand past the original 64 slot maximum - what sucks about this is that I went ahead and purchased the stones required thinking I would be able to expand to 80 slots.

What's your experience with this "community"? b:sad

What's your progress on fixing this "GM's"? b:angry

- Thank you.

There was official response to not use the stones, you saw that thread and knew about it. If you used it and now come here to complain feeling entitled, boo effing hoo for you, you did everything knowingly and I have no sympathy for you.
    As always, it will take a few months to get the fix in a patch from China, especially since it isn't an awful glitch it will be sent with a larger content patch, most likely.
    I agree that it sucks, but we did have a GM post about it and you cannot say you weren't warned. Till they receive the patch from China, there is no progress to report, so obviously they have nothing more to post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is a very important fix to me.
    Surtr can you give us an update?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    ... How exactly did you make that mistake after posting in the thread where Surtr's pointed out what would happen and that they're still working on it not even a good three days ago?

Simple answer, on the harshlands several guild members did exactly as I had noted and expanded past 64 slots and they used a maximum inventory stone previous to the expansion as I had. It worked for them but it didn't work for me. THUS - this post.
    There was official response to not use the stones, you saw that thread and knew about it. If you used it and now come here to complain feeling entitled, boo effing hoo for you, you did everything knowingly and I have no sympathy for you.
    As always, it will take a few months to get the fix in a patch from China, especially since it isn't an awful glitch it will be sent with a larger content patch, most likely.
    I agree that it sucks, but we did have a GM post about it and you cannot say you weren't warned. Till they receive the patch from China, there is no progress to report, so obviously they have nothing more to post.

I didn't say I felt entitled, I didn't say I asked for anything. My actions alone speak on several levels that I'm ready to pay and continue to enjoy my gameplay rather than be impeded. Also as I noted already people in my guild who previously utilized the stone were able to expand past the limit. One person was able to expand to 72 but not able to get past that.

"As always, it will be several trolls and haters and just outright forum egotist which look for ways to down others" But that's not why this post exists " please refer to first paragraph.

Again I was asking for the communities experiences as I've seen it work for some, partially work for others, and in my case not work at all. b:surrender
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I mean, I'd trust a GM word over someone who likely expanded their bags years ago and forgot about it (or lied to you) but that's just me. It doesn't work. If you used super inventory stones, don't use the new stuff or it won't work. Your facmate likely just had maximum bag size by buying individual stones and then just forgot how they got to 64. It is highly unlikely they used a super inventory stone to get that 64 though.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

This all day long.

GM : "Don't throw salt in your eyes because it will burn"

tek1nig: *puts salt in eyes* "OWWWWWWW It burns. People told me it wouldn't. How do you intend to fix this GMs?"

"Dont believe everything you hear or read on the internet"
    -Abraham Lincoln
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2015
    Options
    avs33fan wrote: »
    This all day long.

GM : "Don't throw salt in your eyes because it will burn"

tek1nig: *puts salt in eyes* "OWWWWWWW It burns. People told me it wouldn't. How do you intend to fix this GMs?"

"Dont believe everything you hear or read on the internet"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Allow me to elaborate for this troll:

Scenario A: User uses inventory expansion stone to partially increase their bag. Then one day decides it will be cost effective to simply buy a maximum inventory stone on sale. New explansion to bags apply and Scenario A user is now able to expand their bag - BUT somehow can only expand to 72 - This specific issue shows that those who use stones for rows before applying the maximum will get a possible increase "Proven on the harshlands"

Scenario B: User is ready for the game and the many items that comes with it and is ready for the maximum from the start and expands utilizing a maximum inventory expansion stone. New patch comes out that allowed 80 slots. This user is ****ed over due to the programing not being patched to allow former max clients to reach the new cap.

avs33fan, specifically talking to you here. I'm fully aware that I am the Scenario B user. But my question is what the community in general has experienced as Scenario A suggest there may be room for expansion due to previous stone usage instead of using the maximum one first. I have guild members who can happily post their screenshots of their 72 bag inventories with no remaining quest at the Banker.

And back to my original post - GM's please provide an ETA when this issue will be resolved.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    GMs rarely give an ETA for anything, especially things like this that have to be fixed in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2015
    Options
    GMs rarely give an ETA for anything, especially things like this that have to be fixed in China.

Ah I you're right - I've been waiting on "china" to fix the Theatre of Blood for 3 years now :( ... I hope they feel obliged to fix this.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I have guild members who can happily post their screenshots of their 72 bag inventories with no remaining quest at the Banker.

Please have them post. As it doesnt change the fact that you did something when you knew there was problems with it.

And as someone has already stated. The GMs wont post an ETA on things that they themselves can not fix. So stop asking.

But I heard it is now fixed. You should totally buy another stone cause it works and stuff.
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2015
    Options
    avs33fan wrote: »
    Please have them post. As it doesnt change the fact that you did something when you knew there was problems with it.

And as someone has already stated. The GMs wont post an ETA on things that they themselves can not fix. So stop asking.

But I heard it is now fixed. You should totally buy another stone cause it works and stuff.

I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't being very clear. Allow me to reiterate myself, as you seem to not comprehend my writing very well. I want to be Crystal Clear for you.

Yes. You are correct in stating I did in fact do something that was "common knowledge" as not working. But contrary to popular belief in my "testing" I was able to answer certain questions that were not presented as known facts on the forums, update notes, patches, or GM responses.

This is called bug testing. I am aware I'll have to live with my purchase and I am not complaining in any way about it. I simply wanted an update on the fix; which leads me to the following facts.

I have been playing for 7 years now, and in those years I've seen GM's respond with ETA's on popular issues that affect the community. For instance a recent bug causing Warsong's final boss "The Incarcerate" not to drop the new molds for the new classes. If you read the thread ETA was in fact presented and several updates in between with progress updates.

Which leads me to my final statement - If indeed a new feature is something of worth to reply to regarding progress updates, then by proxy this new feature should also be updated with information from Surtr.

At this point I feel there should be some sort of sticky with progress updates whether it be next week or 5 months from now some sort of sticky thread communication notating the current status of this issue.

I will contact my guild member with the 72 slots to provide screenshots for reference. If you are still confused how this had occurred please refer to my previous post for theory.

Also a direct response to your cowardice - If something is wrong you should speak up about it. Make noise and show that you care. Because if enough people care things can change. As shown here on the forums in the not too distant past.

"Without a Struggle there can be no progress" - Fredrick Douglass

---- Welcome to PWI Forums - Welcome to Our Community avs33fan ----
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• opkossy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The inventory thing you've found is interesting. Have you tried sending Surtr a PM with the pics to show they have the slots but no quest? He seems to have quieted down on the forums compared to a bit ago but that information might prove useful for them fixing things.

That said, the ETA request when he gave his most recent update so soon is a tad much. That and your initial post came off more as you ignoring what was said about it, buying the stones anyway, and then being upset it didn't work. Bit of a misunderstanding there on our part and from how it was worded but ah well, have to live with it and move on.
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The inventory thing you've found is interesting. Have you tried sending Surtr a PM with the pics to show they have the slots but no quest? He seems to have quieted down on the forums compared to a bit ago but that information might prove useful for them fixing things.

That said, the ETA request when he gave his most recent update so soon is a tad much. That and your initial post came off more as you ignoring what was said about it, buying the stones anyway, and then being upset it didn't work. Bit of a misunderstanding there on our part and from how it was worded but ah well, have to live with it and move on.

My apologies. I'll have the guild member show this here on the forums and to Surtr's pm's as soon as possible.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• opkossy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My apologies as well for that misunderstanding in my initial response. I'm happy we have some more information now, though. Let's hope it winds up helping them fix things.
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I actually just did this, went on a toon with only 5 rows and got 5 inv extension stones, could only increase 3 rows to have 64(8rows).

So apparently you can't even get 80 using the current stones...

Edit: I was at south banker who as you know doesn't have big note quest but doubt it makes a difference.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They announced thing which totally doesn't work. This is PWi, baby b:bye