Full g16 Assassin

VileBlack - Archosaur
VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Assassin
Hi everyone. I've used Google and the forum search function, but the related posts are a couple years old, though still had some useful information. I am a casual player who doesn't cash shop. I have the means to go full g16. Everyone says to just go r9rr, but that is extremely expensive in comparison. My question is, are there any g16 sins out there who can tell me their thoughts/opinions/regrets about going this route? Also, anyone who wants to chip in with whatever they want to is obviously free to do so. I am currently in cookie cutter aps gear with g16 dags and no tome...4 aps sparked. I would like to hold my own a little in PvP events or duels, but don't expect to roll any r9rr and also instances so I have more survivabiy and less chance of stealing aggro.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by VileBlack - Archosaur on

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Might as well just get a r8r aps set. You get similar survivability while still being aps.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dont really agree you get similar survivability in R8r.

However, there surely is a point to doing that anyway.

If you can afford R9 its probably +10 also. In that case, the damage you can put out is only a little less than APSing and the defences you have are pretty much endlessly better than aps because APS sins are 1 shots to pretty much anyone using pretty much any of the attacks available to them.

If we look at G16+7 or something. now your damage is serously inferior to APS dmg. Your defence is still lots better, but the difference is less important because you are still a 1shot to any R9 toon and not very viable for PvP. So you are a PvE sin. APS makes sense in PvE.

If you can afford G16+10, it would be somewhere in the middle, but you should be putting your money in R9 anyway.

R8r is a bit better than only cheap APS gear, but since you arent wearing a fullset for bonusses it is still pretty inferior.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    I did take r8r into co,sideration, but as bm pointed,out, if it was soly for keeping aps, I would lose out on bonuses. I am primarily pve, but would like to stand a chance in PvP. Another thing about r8r is the cost/time it takes to get. As I said before I'm only a casual player. I make it to nw very rarely. I run many fws and have all the molds and badges I need. I can have the g15 pieces fairly soon. I understand that if I refine get gear to a good amount, the money spent should have probably gone to r9, but take into consideration that my avg week consists of less than 10 hours of gameplay and with bhs and all the other dailies, I don't spend much time doing other things. I just want to stand a chance against the avg player, obviously serious op players will get me.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    Another thing I should mention is that my aps PvP dmg output is not good. The real dmg comes from using chill and skills. With the att lvls from g16, I think that will help. Also, instances like fsp(anti aps) or even aoe bosses/rdm aggro bosses, I will survive better. I am keeping my aps set no matter what I do. Bm, have you personally ever tried a full g16 sin?
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well to keep track of the "average player" you still need r9 to be average to be honest, i usually dont see alot of full g16 sins but when i see them, most of them say it isnt very good im terms of pvp because you just lack the damage to kill people (you dont have zerk obviously).

Ofc when they wear g16 too its a good matchup but anything higher will destroy you. Simple as that.

Today you need so much so be ready to pvp people that its kinda pointless for people who dont have too much time on their hands or cash shop every once in a while.
    Spirit os a major factor now and ofc cards and card sets are a heavy theme too. leveling them and get the good and usefull card sets is a differnt story again.

But back to the equipment itself, g16 does the job i think. You survive alot more then you would in g12 aps set and you will deal alot more damage on targets with anti aps buff.
    But keep in mind that the usefullness of g16 is extremly limited and +10 that stuff is close to pointless because with that money you could have bought yourself some r9 armor which in the end will outshine g16 sooner or later.
    Another thing I should mention is that my aps PvP dmg output is not good. The real dmg comes from using chill and skills. With the att lvls from g16, I think that will help. Also, instances like fsp(anti aps) or even aoe bosses/rdm aggro bosses, I will survive better. I am keeping my aps set no matter what I do. Bm, have you personally ever tried a full g16 sin?

yea the attacklv help alot to deal serious damage in pvp. you have the dagger already so you will gain another 20 attacklv from full g16 + a few dex here and there.
    Apsing targets in pvp is a nogo nowadays with casters having that purify spell on their weapons and everyone having tons of defenses, your damage is very low (expect tripple sparked but even then the damage is kinda low on heavy armor targets).

You can decide for yourself if its worth it or not. when you have fun in pvp and you are not aiming to pvp against those "pro" people, go with g16 i guess.

r8r (or r8rr now) i dont see much point in going that route because its very heavily on the random factor and for an aps set its a very poor decision.
    Sure you can get int on boots and chest but how many rolls you need to be worth it? alot. i just remember the guys who wanted r9 5aps back in the day and most of them failed miserably and abondent that gear after the 400. roll.

so yea, theres that.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    I want to thank you all for your input. I am going to get the g16 set being that I have most of what I need and it's relatively cheap. I will get to probably around +6 or so with some mediocre gems. I know it isn't my endgame stuff, but I need something better than the aps set to be able to be more versatile in situations. I know I won't be crowned king of the sins or be viewed as much of a threat, but I think it will be good enough for now at least until/if I ever attempt to go r9. I'm not planning on pvping a lot, I just want to do better than I do now in things like nw or dueling people. I know my class and how to use it well which makes me better than half the sins on my server and I can usually use skills and get a r9rr down to about 50% before they inevitably one shot me(2 with deaden)...I'm hoping with some g16 gear I can get that down to 25%. Time will tell.

I would still like to hear opinions from people who have or have at least tried the G16 set for an assassin. It is rare to find people who have used it(and there is something to be said about...I know).

I do have an archer on the same account who I will be able to switch the gear between when I want, so I don't view it as a waste in any regards.

Good luck out there.
  • Afaria - Morai
    Afaria - Morai Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IF you have atleast life hunter, that extra dex and survivability is worth it.

With full g16 +7 (think it is not really worth it to use orbs to get past it...) I was able to:
    - tank fsp bosses without a problem
    - run 4/5 pv per token
    - be somehow "usefull" in pvp

Just remember if you dont have zerk, you dont really have that extra damage to kill someone that outgears you, but you can still be usefull to sleep, stun, silence, paralize and amp him/her/it... With similar gear it should be ok, dont be afraid to spark if you need some extra damage to kill someone

All that said, in your first post you pointed out your aps "sparked", so if you are not sage, without dmg reduction from spark, tidal, better amp and so on... I dont really know how usefull any of the previous advice can be to you
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    IF you have atleast life hunter, that extra dex and survivability is worth it.

With full g16 +7 (think it is not really worth it to use orbs to get past it...) I was able to:
    - tank fsp bosses without a problem
    - run 4/5 pv per token
    - be somehow "usefull" in pvp

Just remember if you dont have zerk, you dont really have that extra damage to kill someone that outgears you, but you can still be usefull to sleep, stun, silence, paralize and amp him/her/it... With similar gear it should be ok, dont be afraid to spark if you need some extra damage to kill someone

All that said, in your first post you pointed out your aps "sparked", so if you are not sage, without dmg reduction from spark, tidal, better amp and so on... I dont really know how usefull any of the previous advice can be to you

I agree about not using orbs, I know this isn't my endgame set, so I wouldn't try to get it past +7. Basically I just want something good enough for now, which based on what you said, seems like it would be. I am Demon and don't plan to go Sage...at least not yet because I still want the ability to farm faster. I just want a better chance to survive in certain situations and I think what you stated fits that criteria. It won't be ultimate and I doubt I will see a huge difference, but a difference none the less and that is what I'm looking for. I was planning on going this route either way because I have the resources to get it and get it fast. I was just hoping that there was someone on the forums that has actually used G16 gear on a sin and could share their experience. The good thing is I can swap the gear with my archer, who I do not want to farm gear for, so it works out great in that sense. Thank you for letting me know.
  • Afaria - Morai
    edited April 2015
    I dont know how valid is your "farm faster" thing... ws on genie will get your aps from 4 to 3.33 (will also make your sage damage reduction go poof) and I would say most of the time you spend farming, is running to a boss or reseting instance, but I am not so much into farming tt or something, so I wont discuss this...

If you do try g16, before complaining that it is **** I will tell you that r9 toons also get OS all the time

Give O'Malley blessing a chance...
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    I dont know how valid is your "farm faster" thing... ws on genie will get your aps from 4 to 3.33 (will also make your sage damage reduction go poof) and I would say most of the time you spend farming, is running to a boss or reseting instance, but I am not so much into farming tt or something, so I wont discuss this...

If you do try g16, before complaining that it is **** I will tell you that r9 toons also get OS all the time

Give O'Malley blessing a chance...

I think I might be misunderstanding you here. how would ws decrease aps and also I'm not sage, so no dmg reduction. Without trying for my self, it has been pointed out that in full g16 gear, my dmg output will suffer a good amount...not dph, but dps and I don't even know if the bp heals could keep me alive. I wouldn't complain about g16 gear being **** because I know it will have its uses. I've been meaning to try o'malley out. Maybe when this next blessing expires.

What I meant by farming faster, is I can go into most instances whether it be me running TT solo or helping someone with a bh, and not even use a single pot because my dmg/aps will keep me fully healed and most bosses will drop in under a minute. If in G16 gear I could do the same thing with no pots and it took a couple minutes, I don't care, but my repair bill is usually my only expense atm.

Is your point here to try to get me to go sage? Because I have seriously been considering it...
  • Afaria - Morai
    edited April 2015
    Demon spark takes your aps from 2.86 to 4, ws on genie takes your aps from 2.86 to 3.33, so you can be sage and 3.33 aps, so the difference would not be so different...

And I only mentioned sage, because your topic was about putting g16 to improve your survivability and using your skills, and sage (imo, so ignore it if you dont agree) is a far better option
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    I see what you meant now. I am already demon, but want to sage because of how my playstyle has changed. If it were easier to obtain, I would get that schism mold today. A little off topic from the gear aspect, but thanks for your advice.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unless you are going to be doing heavy upper tier PvP (TW Factions and such), G16 is really fine. You'll be more than good for PVE and have to spend a lot less coins. For Farming TT and such, APS is still gonna be your best friend and for that I'd personally say stay demon for the extra aps boost.

G16 in PvP will still get wasted by a r9 person, but if you know your role you can still make an impact in PvP. Your'e just unlikely to kill a r9 person 1v1
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    Unless you are going to be doing heavy upper tier PvP (TW Factions and such), G16 is really fine. You'll be more than good for PVE and have to spend a lot less coins. For Farming TT and such, APS is still gonna be your best friend and for that I'd personally say stay demon for the extra aps boost.

G16 in PvP will still get wasted by a r9 person, but if you know your role you can still make an impact in PvP. Your'e just unlikely to kill a r9 person 1v1

This is kind of what I was thinking. Have you personally ever tried it out?
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Personally I had my aps set and farmed my rank 9 (which I am 25 badges away from finishing), so I personally do not have experience in it. I have, however, squadded with full g16 assassins before who were perfectly competent and were a good addition to the squad
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but... Cards.

These will help you a lot too.

Other than that full g16 sins have excellent surviveability in my server in PVP. As demodude said, you wont be bringing down +12 R999 full jades with neumaportal, but you will enjoy wins more often than you would in APS gear for sure.

You also open up the option to switch gear at really any time. Open up some hot keys and bam, spike APS damage and insta surviveability when your target becomes unlocked (if you're super fast).

It seems like most sins these days have their APS set and their r9/g16/r8r or whatever else set. It's a good investment imo.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    For cards I currently have 3 a cards equipped and the rest b. Nit the greatest, but I can definitely tell the difference. I did some research and with what has been talked about here and elsewhere, I will definitely go for the g16 set. If I happen to get more time someday, I would go for r9 and pass the g16 to the archer. Thank you all for your input. Surprised no trolls came sniffing around.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't speak for PvP, but R8/G16 aps set +6/7 is what I have and I have very little trouble PvE. As long as you RA twice, and do all the dailies for the passives, *and* work up the best cards you can, you'll do fine.

If you want to PvP, open up your wallet and pour it into the CD drive. If you're not R9S3+10, you're wasting your time.

\ymmv
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    I can't speak for PvP, but R8/G16 aps set +6/7 is what I have and I have very little trouble PvE. As long as you RA twice, and do all the dailies for the passives, *and* work up the best cards you can, you'll do fine.

If you want to PvP, open up your wallet and pour it into the CD drive. If you're not R9S3+10, you're wasting your time.

\ymmv

I prefer floppy drives.

On a serious note, I am ra2 101/101/101 atm. I need to start leveling those cards...I know. I have lvl9 absolute virtue(have the last codex for 10, but need the last astral sky lvl) and I have some bloods saved up to max out endless breeze astral sky lvl permitting, then I will work on the crit passive. I have a few hundred c cards/packs saved up from dailies and a couple hundred fsp coins, I have that part of it down, so I will work on the cards next. I have been stalling there because I am 5 A cards short of that free S card and was thinking I should probably lvl that up when I get it. Also, I have been unable to acquire a full set of anything due to poor luck. I just wanted to gather other's opinions on the gear. I don't plan to be a huge PvP person...I just want to hold my own in NW and if I go to TW, I want to be able to at least lock a target and not die before a better geared person can take them out...a pathetic support sin xD.
  • Afaria - Morai
    edited April 2015
    You talk about g16 vs r9 as if that is all there is...

- your cultivation is important
    - your lvl is important and "free" if you do pv daily (101 max is far too low, when every sin can see you in stealth...)
    - meridian is important and free (even if it takes forever and a day to max it)
    - nuema is important and free
    - maxed passives is important and almost free
    - cards are important, but also a good source of income
    - gear is important (g16 is good, r9 is a lot better... but most of the difference will come from r9 weapon)

g16 is a good and cheaper option when compared to r9, but you will have to combine it with the rest, to try to stand a chance...

I have:
    max lvl 104, on the way to 105 (5 pv runs a day, if I am not lazy...)
    maxed meridian
    maxed nuema
    maxed passives
    not maxed cards but... that goes to "get r9" part... got daggers, now missing the rest
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    You talk about g16 vs r9 as if that is all there is...

- your cultivation is important
    - your lvl is important and "free" if you do pv daily (101 max is far too low, when every sin can see you in stealth...)
    - meridian is important and free (even if it takes forever and a day to max it)
    - nuema is important and free
    - maxed passives is important and almost free
    - cards are important, but also a good source of income
    - gear is important (g16 is good, r9 is a lot better... but most of the difference will come from r9 weapon)

g16 is a good and cheaper option when compared to r9, but you will have to combine it with the rest, to try to stand a chance...

I have:
    max lvl 104, on the way to 105 (5 pv runs a day, if I am not lazy...)
    maxed meridian
    maxed nuema
    maxed passives
    not maxed cards but... that goes to "get r9" part... got daggers, now missing the rest

I know there is much more than just gear, but that is all one path to get there(as in, just do it). I am slow to lvl due to lack of time, but will get there...other than that, I do get nuema when I can and do the meridian and all all the other things you mention on your list. The reason I keep going back to the gear is because that is why I made the thread and wanted to hear people's opinions and experiences with it. I know my build and when I cam back after a long break and had no idea what nuema, ra, cards and all that other stuff was, so I read all about it and understand that aspect. The only reason I bring up switching cultis is because of how much the game and my personal playstyle has changed, other than that I've known what build I wanted a long time ago. Thank you very much for your input.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I personally suggest 102/102/100 then maxing the first to 105, second to 105, and then final one.

As for the 'sage vs demon' thing. Once you get r9.3+10 daggers, and about 11k+ buffed with pdef ornies at +7 or higher, it matters little in TT. I can do the bosses just fine without a charm/crabmeat/permaspark, about maybe 30-50 secs each except arma. What makes more of a difference is knowing the boss patterns, and what to do for each boss.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    So I made my Boots and Chest piece and I must say...I'm not even mad. Brought my defenses up almost 1k each as well as the nice little 700-hp set bonus for 2. Next will be the hat, but I need to earn some more coin for the G15 version.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i didn't read the previous posts but this is my personal advice:

don't go for the g16 set since it's ****. as ppl told u just go for r9s3 set if u wanna pk. all the sins that went for g16 set went r9s3 later. i guess forthe money u could get just the dager (what makes the diffrence is not only the physical atack but ZERK and atttack lvls + 100 dex with r9 set bonus). Aslo with standard aps set it whould be easier to farm than with the g16 one. aslo for the price of g 16 set better invest that and gather the money for r9.
    In short u will regret not going r9s3 unless g16 is all u can achive.

about g16 pros tho: ofc u will get def and atack lvls but... missing zerk and extra dex and extra atack lvls will put u at disadvantage. g16 is still better than aps for pk tho but... it's just not that much of a diffrence i'd say.

i'm telling u this cause i fought with full g16 sins. aslo with r9 u have much better options for helmet and cape (wings of ascesion, base helmet/crown). u got to invest in rings and s4 neck anyway too in both cases(altho if u wanna go for the r9 set u won't need the ws belt and u have a little money saved from that).

hope that helped and sry for my english
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The poor guy was asking a specific question about a small portion of character development im pretty sure hes aware about the rest of it

The other advice about going r9.... Well. You say you didnt read the other comments but did you read the ops post? The guy is a casual player. Pretty sure he doesnt wanna fork out a few thousand for max gear.

Now hold on im gonna type a half page to tell you all of the great maxed **** on my toon with no reference to how that affects your decision for gear. Hold on.....
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I made my Boots and Chest piece and I must say...I'm not even mad. Brought my defenses up almost 1k each as well as the nice little 700-hp set bonus for 2. Next will be the hat, but I need to earn some more coin for the G15 version.

Actually the hat is (in my opinion) better than the g15 one you might have.
    Sure people could argue about that but when you have the g15 helm already, just go ahead and upgrade it to g16 and dont worrie about having two hats which makes close to no difference.

The best outcome you could have is 12 Vit, 24 DEX and 2% Physical damaga reduction which is better than the g15 helmet could offer you (Phy/Mdef +100, DEX+10 and crit+1%).

And on a sidenote: i actually had some g16 parts myself where i wanted to go g16 too so i had Boots, cape, helmet and wrist and i used them when i has chill on (usually in fsp and pvp times like nw) and did very good (fsp) to decently-ish (pvp) and survied alot more then i would in aps set just because of the 700HP, the basic defense the items give you and the HP/vit stats on the equipment itself.
    Sadly i only had 4 pieces so i didnt had further seteffects on like the 15 def lv or 20 attack lv.

But yea i went r9 because... i dont know i guess i just wanted it and farmed way too much for it.

cheers
  • Afaria - Morai
    edited April 2015
    gz on your first set bonus, you will notice the improvement better once you get the def bonus, switch to O'Malley and start pulling some mobs ;)

@Selbronne: G16 IS an improve over aps gear and one I dont regret making, even if now I am getting r9 gear, it can allways be stashed... You would notice the OP has an archer on same account, if you atleast read his post, and that he will want to account stash gear.

@eirghan: the poor guy asked if he "can hold his own a little in PvP events or duels" with g16, I only said yes BUT he has to get stats elsewhere b:surrender with what he has, he will probably be OS with g16 or r9 gear... Didn't intend to offend anyone
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    eirghan wrote: »

The poor guy was asking a specific question about a small portion of character development im pretty sure hes aware about the rest of it

The other advice about going r9.... Well. You say you didnt read the other comments but did you read the ops post? The guy is a casual player. Pretty sure he doesnt wanna fork out a few thousand for max gear.

Now hold on im gonna type a half page to tell you all of the great maxed **** on my toon with no reference to how that affects your decision for gear. Hold on.....

This is 100% accurate, but I always welcome other opinions and ideas...you never know if you overlooked something or didn't know about it. In this case, I did my homework and no new light was shed on anything. That being said, I have read posts similar to this one and have been lurking around these forums for a few years, so I was expecting much of what has said to be said. At least nobody was trolling or being rude, just offering tips in case I wasn't aware.

@Deadalus I do have a G15 hat at the moment. I have been torn whether to keep it or just make it G16. I decided the former because is it's +7 with decent hp shards and I will at least have the +5 att lvls with the G15 pants when in aps mode. I know it's not a great reason, but getting to +7 with the shards is much more difficult for me than getting the 28m coins for a new one. Although I'm not 100% against doing it anyways.

@Afaria I did notice an improvement already, even though I only used the gear FSP and only once since I got it. I have yet to go with O'Malley blessing, but I will try it next.

Thank you everyone for all the insight. If I get the full set before this thread goes dead, I will post results. Just need to find the time to actually get the coin for the G15 parts. Thanks again everyone.
  • issamali
    issamali Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A late reply I guess since you made some pieces already.

I have the full aps-g16-r9rr sets on my sin. All +10 and above.

Was g16 full set good? Yes a bit in the beginning when it was released. It is also better than r9. But nowadays almost every player has r9 at least the weapon, well those who went to PvP.

An advise, don't waste coins on g16, farm for your r9rr, be patient and waste for a proper sale, buy gold when price is low.

A sin in APS is a farmer mainly nowadays. You can go up against none mage r9rr classes in APS and maybe not good refined mages, and yes you will be one shoot, instead of wasting your coins on g16, farm for r9rr. The weapon is big *** differenece, will help you in pve and PvP. Gear is pvp.

Learn how to survive, how to use pots pangue, due of star, iron guard. Those will help your survivability by a lot. Combines with denden and stealth. Keep in mind your an assassin, your not supposed to be able to tank, or receive lots of damage, even at full end game r9rr gear you will be receiving the most damage per hit from all chars as that's how assassins are made. You job is to assassinate and gtfo... Yeah we can tank and all if proper geared and all but still not as well as others. If you come out from stealth in double spark and your apsing a wiz who is stuck in occulate ice and you cant kill him, then gtfo you will not kill him...

Learn how to master your sin, and lvl up to 105mate... You need to be able to stealth and run when you need...
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited April 2015
    issamali wrote: »
    A late reply I guess since you made some pieces already.

I have the full aps-g16-r9rr sets on my sin. All +10 and above.

Was g16 full set good? Yes a bit in the beginning when it was released. It is also better than r9. But nowadays almost every player has r9 at least the weapon, well those who went to PvP.

An advise, don't waste coins on g16, farm for your r9rr, be patient and waste for a proper sale, buy gold when price is low.

A sin in APS is a farmer mainly nowadays. You can go up against none mage r9rr classes in APS and maybe not good refined mages, and yes you will be one shoot, instead of wasting your coins on g16, farm for r9rr. The weapon is big *** differenece, will help you in pve and PvP. Gear is pvp.

Learn how to survive, how to use pots pangue, due of star, iron guard. Those will help your survivability by a lot. Combines with denden and stealth. Keep in mind your an assassin, your not supposed to be able to tank, or receive lots of damage, even at full end game r9rr gear you will be receiving the most damage per hit from all chars as that's how assassins are made. You job is to assassinate and gtfo... Yeah we can tank and all if proper geared and all but still not as well as others. If you come out from stealth in double spark and your apsing a wiz who is stuck in occulate ice and you cant kill him, then gtfo you will not kill him...

Learn how to master your sin, and lvl up to 105mate... You need to be able to stealth and run when you need...

Thank you for the tip. I understand that to be the best I can be at pvp I need r9rr. If I do decide to make this game a bigger aspect of my life, I will do just that. However, I am far too busy to spend that much time farming the coin for r9rr and I was once a very good merchant, but I can't leave my comp on while I'm not there anymore. The G16 will be ok for me, for now. I am not looking at it as endgame, just something better than APS gear. I noticed a huge difference while pulling and even a more significant difference in NW than I expected while I was wearing 3/6(gloves, boots, chest) peices. If I do go r9rr, as I've said before, the G16 will go to my archer so it is not at all a waste of coin for me and I will get it extremely fast compared to how fast I would get r9(at the casual rate I play anyways).